Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Magus Academy (2.0 the Weave)

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Magus Academy (2.0 the Weave)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zivko on Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:10 pm

Life. One of the most amazing gifts anyone can relieve. But what if that life you have received is different from anyone else's? What if you were cursed with a gift called magic?

What if your life was changed drastically from the moment you took your first breath. What if you weren't...human? Scientists call this new breed of humanity, Muneris, which means gifted. These Muneries are easy to detect. For when the acess there powers there skin depending in how strong they are become covered in tribal like tattoos, and when they perform or flex there powers their "tattoos" Pierce the skin and squirm about in a tangle of swarming thin black tentacle like limbs. These swam about and while above skin can give the illusion of absorbing light.

They are very much different from the rest of the world. As such they could in no way go to a normal school, like everyone else. A special council of Humans and Menerese have come together, and with the help of the goverment they created a new place where both Humans and Muneriese could go and coexist with one another. They call this place Magus Academy for the intellectual and the gifted. Humans and Munerese go here to be taught in the basic principles of life. The Munerese were taught how to control their gifts, Other wise the powers might over take them. The Humans were taught to help and council those going through the process.

But what happens when a bunch of the students start to disappear? Will the remaining students be able to find out where they are? Or what's going on? Or will they disappear like the rest?

Magic:
I am throwing in a new element. Instead of the normal point wand or chant or what ever I was thinking we use a Weave style of magic.
To preform your spells you have to call in your powers which brings the tattoos mch like long thin snakes in tribal style to your skin or rather under. These are like the blood veins for your powers. Most people will just have them on their arms. Others arms and chest but true masters of it could have it all over their body.
When using the magic with in you these tattoos Pierce the skin and swam about no more then three inches off of your body.
When creating your spell you "weave" your strands of magic together which produce your desired effect. Okay?

Character Sheet:

Name:

Human or Muneris:

Height:

Weight:

Picture:

Magic strength and location: (weak/hands, adept/firearms, normal/arms, above Normal/chest, strong/torso, gifted/legs) as you progress your tattoos become bigger and more elaborate even multiple layers. So if you are at a normal level, your hands forearms and upper arms are all showing the Tattoo like markings. Only when flexing or using said magic.

Bio:

Character Sheet:

Name: Micheal Giovanni

Height:

Weight:

Picture: http://i22.Photobucket.com/albums/b326/ ... B231aa.jpg

Human or Muneris: Muneris

Magic strength and location: Above normal, chest.

Bio:
Micheal was no ordinary child. The day he was born the hospital experienced black outs and extreme fluctuation in the lights. The lights brightened to blinding heights before burning out. At the time they didn't know it was him.

As a baby his moods swings began to effect the lighting in the house. When he was happy the lights brightened when he was angry of sad they dimmed. No one could explain it but they began to guess maybe he was doing it.

His mother raised him as a devout roman catholic. By the age of six he began to experiment with his powers as a child would explore and test there body so did he with his powers. To him it was natural. He thought every one could do it. It took him another four years to realize that not everyone did.

His father is a Buddhist monk so when he turned ten his father enrolled him into Martial Arts at his temple. In an attempt to help him control his powers. Indeed it did help with his focus and awareness of himself and powers. But did nothing to really help his powers. He mediated religiously every morning and preyed every night. But nothing really ever happened.

As he grew onto his teens he saw himself as an Angel more and more as an angel then a muneris. But that was a secret he never spoke of.

His schooling went off with out a hitch. He was a straight B student. It seemed like no matter how hard he studied he always got a B. But he was happy with that. After his parents found out he wasn't human they had enrolled him into the magus academy. There he flourished and learned in full depths how to control his power. He was one to always show off his power.
Image[br]Feed Me![br]Adopted from Valenth

Help me raise him, please! To feed him click on him.
I am the King of Kings. The original Savage Knight, not your prince charming, nor your knight in shining armor. I am simply me.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Zivko
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Magus Academy (2.0 the Weave)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dex on Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:08 am

Name: Xander Owen

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 180lbs

Bio: Xander grew up in a poor neighborhood with his father and little brother. His father saw his sons powers as his ticket into fame and riches so he made Xander practice everyday until he could barely stand. When he was 10 he moved to his aunts when his father was arrested and his brother was put in the foster care of an upper-middle class family. He lived with his aunt for a few years and he attended school... sometimes. He would practice his powers at night in the various alleyways and vacant lots that covered the city. He constantly got into trouble with the law and they eventually caught him. His aunt was recommended Magus Academy when he was 14, and he has attended the school for three years. He wants power to meet his own ends, and doesn't go out of the way to help others often.

Picture: Brown hair and green eyes.

Magic strength/location: Advanced/On his back, shoulders, arms and neck.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f210/ ... tattoo.jpg
Last edited by Dex on Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your fucking khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Dex
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Derek Smith on Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:09 am

Name: Sheng No Ling

Height: 6 feet 4 Inches

Weight: 265 lbs

Picture:Image

Magic strength and location: Gifted/Chest,Arms,Back,Legs

Bio:

Born in a remote Northern Chinese village he was normal as most children go. Expect for his height which saw him tower over the local children he didn't stand out in any unique ways.Sure his mind was sharp and his body strong but in the remote village of his birth such things where not duly unique. His mind was shaped by a scholar who lived in the village, his body strengthen by endless days in the fields and learning the government enforced Martial Arts program. Everything he passed with flying colors and for a child of 8 he was a genius and a master of whatever he was told to do. Then again with overbearing parents so common to poor rural Chinese it was no wonder Sheng become what he was. In many ways his success was tied to his fear of failure of what his parents would do to him if he didn't live up to exceptions.

However his normal if successful childhood was forever changed on the day after his Ninth Birthday. Having entered a tournament as result of veiled obligations he was tearing through the ranks of the other children. Every time he threw one to the mat or made the three point score he felt the fear of his opponent, he knew all too well why they feared failing their parents. But that didn't stop him from defeating them. He too had similar overbearing parents and he was damned if he was going to face their wrath in order to show another mercy.

But his skills as great as they where seemingly of no use against his last opponent. A child of similar size and skill they traded blows each racking up bruises and sore muscles as their guard weakened due to exhaustion. The final round, the score two to two each knew they very little chance of walking away the winner. Whoever could dredge up that miraculous last minute reserve all true fighters had faster would win. For Sheng the pressure was intense, the fear of failing his parents, of the punishments they would mete out, and the general drive to win imbued into all fighters was wrecking havoc with his mind. His emotions running high he screamed a raw primal yell, the sound was obscene coming from such a young throat.

But much to the shock of the crowd and the judges marks of glowing energy appeared covering much of his body. Faint at first they grew in intensity as they seemed to weave together creating new patterns.And in less time then it took for this to be properly took in a Nine year old Sheng rushed forward, far faster then should have been humanly possible. His blows rained upon his shocked opponent like thunder from the heavens, fast and brutal each blow accompanied by flash of bright light. And soon the blood of his opponent as he punched clean through the hapless child.

His final punch saw him knock the already dead child martial artists head off to land somewhere in the crowd who had started running for the exits as soon as blood began to fly. Falling to the mat his sight went black as Police officials rushed the mat, sirens filling the screamed filled air.

Waking up several hours later Sheng was aware of bright light aimed right at his face and a shadowy figure behind it.

" Finally awake, the doctors thought you were in a coma but I knew better. My Name is, well that's not important right now. It's enough for you to know I work for the government and their very interested in what you can do." And here the shadowy figure turned the bright light away to reveal himself. A middle aged man he wore the classic blue suit favored by the older generation, lean and short with an unremarkable face he could disappear into a crowd with ease.

" What happened, where's the tournament ring?" Sheng asked in a question tone, for the nine year old had no recollection of what he had done, the last thing he could remember was facing off with his opponent for the last round of the tournament.

" Well the details are a little sketchy but apparently you went berserk. You summoned the powers of a Muneris and killed your opponent in quite a brutal fashion apparently. Furthermore upon this you collapsed afterward." The Middle aged man answered quickly and precisely reading from a little hastily dug out notebook.

" I killed him...." Sheng replied shock that he had done such thing, only nine years old and already the sin of murder was written on his life's story.

" Yes you did, however the government is willing to overlook that provided you use your powers in our service. It is a great shame to our country that so few Muneris are born here while the capitalist pigs of the west enjoy an overabundance of them. But your going to change that. Your the first male Muneris born in our country and who has revealed themselves." The Middle Aged man was saying before Sheng interrupted him.

" What is a Muneris exactly Honored Official." He asked remembering the courtesy taught to him by the scholar of his village.

" A Muneris is a person born with the ability to control a force for lack of a better word I am going to call magic. Some Muneris are born with a weak control over such forces but our experts tell me your different. They say you have great potential but your lack of control is an issue. However your going to a place where they can fix that little side issue. The main point is your going to serve your country and serve it well.Do I make myself clear Shen No Ling." The Official said in that same veiled threat tone his parents used with him.

" Yes Honored Official, I am glad to be able to serve my country and all it stands for." Sheng Answered with a tone of bitterness in his voice which the Official overlooked so used to that tone he was.

" You will be of course granted a week to say goodbye to your parents and friends as well as pack what few belongings you wish to bring. At the end of that week I will be at your village in a government plane to take you to the Magus Academy for the intellectual and the gifted."

And thus his new life begun Sheng went to his village. Here the people refused to talk to him, children ran screaming the Killer was here and they would all be turned into toads, the elders made signs to ward off evil when he stepped near. Even his parents seemed shocked but responded to his farewell. A week passed mercifully swiftly and the Official took him to the school. And here it was he passed the next part of his life.

Learning to control his power he vastly increased his power, learning how to call upon his powers without the beserkers rage.How to weave the strands together to do whatever he wished them to do. All the meanwhile haunted by the child who died at his hands, at a promising life cut short by his inability to control his power. Such things drove him to unapproachable quietness where despite his growing power he refused to flaunt it. Seeing now why the world was afraid of his kind, after all no one person should have they kind of power at their disposal. But the other students seemed to reveal in it, his country boasted of their star child's progress. And Sheng spent his free time mediating trying to find a way to rid himself of this power and perhaps everyone who was a Muneris.

But finding no way he resigns himself to becoming his country's super weapon. After the nuclear warheads of his country's arsenal where much more messy. He could kill with merely a wave of his hand, weave some of his power together and end wars with as little loss of life as possible. In this Sheng takes solace and is able to study without guilt although the death of that nine year old child so long ago it seems still haunts him.

Derek Smith
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby shinigamivixen on Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:57 am

is it okay to have a human charry?

shinigamivixen
Member for 15 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Karina_DarkGeisha on Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:13 am

*blinks* Okay well this is absolutely rude. THank you very much for taking my roleplay without even asking me. I would much appreciate it if you sent me an email and asked my permission before you post this in the forum.
"Now matter what may come to be, always remember. The sun will rise and fall every day. Your world will not end, you will continue to grow and learn. You will not fall, you will provail."

Karina_DarkGeisha
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Derek Smith on Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:14 pm

No offense Karina but your version of this die off. The last few pages of your OOC of your version consisted of talk of remaking it. If you truly desired to make this happen you would have said something sooner. And besides it's not like you can copyright anything here. Your version of this died off, just have the good grace to accept it and part in peace.

shinigamivixen I believe it is alright to make a human character, after all the plot does pivot around Human and Munerius interaction, Furthermore the sheet does ask the question if the character is human or Munerius.

Derek Smith
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rausenhiruzo on Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:15 am

Derek you couldn't be more wrong. That was Karina's idea and it was stolen. How hard is it to just come up with a original idea anyway and the description is almost verbatim.

Rausenhiruzo
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Derek Smith on Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:47 am

Of course, it is a remake. The for lack of a better word or perhaps a the polite one is recreating it merely because we like the idea and where bored of waiting around for Karina. If she truly didn't wish this to happen perhaps she should have said so. Her's died off and so was remade simply because we liked the idea. And if all you have are criticisms I suggest you leave with what little courtesy your parents taught you.

Derek Smith
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dex on Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:01 pm

here's how I view it, shit ain't copyrighted and it was abandoned.

Dex
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Karina_DarkGeisha on Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:30 pm

Okay for one, Zivko asked after he reposted this rp. Its nice that you guys want to continue this rp, I don't care about that. What I care about is someone taking an rp that I made and posting it again without asking me first. Thats what upsets me. And further more it doesn't matter if you cant copy right anything on here. The idea still belongs to me, the rp still belongs to me even if it has been remade by someone else. So that is what I would call stealing another roleplayers creative idea. And for the record I've been busy lately with things I was eventually going to come back to this rp when my life wasn't as hecktic.

And just to let everyone else know who who is joining I was the one who created this rp first not Zivko, maybe you should put that somewhere in the beginners topic for people to see. Because that is rude and hurtful to take someones idea, and copy and past it onto the forum.

Karina_DarkGeisha
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:24 pm

Greetings everyone.

A report has been made about the opening post to this thread, claiming this role play idea is the work of someone else and was used without their permission.

After reviewing the claim, I believe that Karina_DarkGeisha is correct and I will be locking this thread. I have requested that Zivko and Karina_DarkGeisha discuss via PMs to wither or not this thread can be unlock (by say, an edit to the opening post with credit given were credit is due) or placed in the Trash Bin.

Have a nice day/evening,

Irish Wolf
Its easy to be brave behind a castle wall
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion
A king's son is no nobler then the food he eats

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!