Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Orion's Institute for Homo Magicus(sign up)

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Orion's Institute for Homo Magicus(sign up)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hal_Wannabe on Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:29 pm

chaostempest wrote:nope, I was going to take it out completely but I decided to just leave it as Holy Elemental Magic and change his bio a little.

I'm doing too much, I am roleplaying here roleplaying there, posting here and posting there so you will just have to excuse me if I don't ellaborate fully on some things, just use your imagination.

Yeaaaah, I'm done, you aren't accepted.
Card Captor Sakura ~ KAWAIIIII!
And for those wondering, yes I am a guy, yes I do read romance, and yes, I am Straight.

Mistress Faye, my laser tits accidentally fired and melted the cash register. ~ Questionable Content

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Hal_Wannabe
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Balkoth on Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:58 pm

Name-Mordan
Magical Tradition-None
Nature of magic-Death
Role-Fighter
Appearance-Male, 5 ft. 10 inc. Hazel eyes, dark short hair, cold face, pale skin, long finges, rather skinny build as opposed to muscular, wears grey and black robes.
Biography-Mordan was found at a very young age to exhibit signs of being adept at magic. At first his parents were excited for him but as he grew older things began to happen that made them instead fearful. He could kill bugs, not by squashing them, but by simply thinking about it. If he touched any one person for a long enough time they would begin to feel sick and tired. His parents grew more worried and more worried until one day something happened that threw them over the edge. Mordan had used a bow to kill a small deer, but instead of bringing it home to feed his family, he crouched over it for hours, hands on the corpse. After night had fallen, his parents left him be, they were too scared to disturb him. The next day they awoke to find their dog who had once been dead, alive. Mordan had used the deer's life force and transferred it to his old pet. They then apparently renounced him and kicked him out, calling him an 'abomination'. This is all Mordan cares to share of his past life, and no one knows what has become of his family.
Age-17

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Balkoth
Member for 14 years
Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hal_Wannabe on Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:04 pm

magic is hereditary, if they're your real parents they would have known it was coming. other than that looks good accepted

Hal_Wannabe
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chaostempest on Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:03 pm

alright, fine with me, one less roleplay to think about. Well have fun everyone, I tried, it was fun creating a character for this RP, I suppose I shall use him in another RP, ah well, thanks for the opportunity.

chaostempest
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hal_Wannabe on Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:25 pm

bye, good to see you taking it so well.

Hal_Wannabe
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby im_no_juliet on Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:36 pm

On behalf of Dori... Might I just say... Go pink power. Heheh =)
ImageImageImage

im_no_juliet
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hal_Wannabe on Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:26 pm

The being a dick thing will change, just my way of having a neat little roleplay quickly. Something to introduce the characters.

Hal_Wannabe
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hal_Wannabe on Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:20 am

PLEASE ASK ALL QUESTIONS YOU HAVE ABOUT HOW MAGIC WORKS NOW!

They will be added to the RP list of rules.

Hal_Wannabe
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thepsycoman on Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:48 am

Ok well is it ok if Alan's flame because of the mix of his mothers shadow blood and his fathers fire blood that his fire has a kind of particle barrier that when solidified can mean he can walk though a barrier (if someone send a ball of magic it wouldn't help much), I based this on the barriers would have a more spread out magic rather then the concentrated magic of an attacking ball ect.

It would have to be solidified for it to work against any magic since fire is so spread out, It also takes a lot of energy to make his fire solid since it has a wild side.

I did have it all make better then this but i forgot i had copied it and i ended up copying the link for this page over it =[.
To kill or not to kill.... Hardly even a question.

thepsycoman
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hal_Wannabe on Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:08 am

Alright, let me put it this way, yes, more focused, does make it more powerful, but that goes for barriers too, the standard barrier to allow freedom of movement would be at 100 foot diameter because it has to accomodate any magical creatures in the area, plus the usual Magic users to defeat said creatures, my barrier was focused too, a normal sized one, yeah, you could have done that, keeping in mind i'm more powerful than you, and this isn't god moding or GM character privileges, I am older, better trained, and more experienced than you, hence why he's a teacher Same hold's true for dori, you broke through her air like it was nothing, while it did make sense air is fuel, you don't know what she can do it, the air surrounding you could have been entirely methane particles, which would have meant you went boom. As a student, you need to admit defeat when going up against your teachers, (unless I make one of them a traitor and force the students to go up against him, then feel free to god mode a little and beat the shit out of the little punk) Now reasoning I could have accepted would have had you make a focused line of your magic to cut through the field and walk out the resulting hole, also, as I will be pointing out in character, your fire form, could get you killed, a water magic user could dump a few hundred gallons on your head, at the heat it would take to shatter bone, (which i fully accept otherwise cremation wouldn't work) you would steam a good portion of it, effectively boiling yourself alive.

Hal_Wannabe
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thepsycoman on Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:47 am

Ok i really should have asked about the barrier thing i was just trying to find a way to end the fight with Alan to exhausted to do anything more.
With the air ribbons she said Air so i took it as the normal air proportions in which once the fire used all it could it would leave the ribbons weakened, And making methane at a guy holding two whips is a certain way to kill the person with the whips O.o

As for a water mage i think Alan would be an idiot to verse one of them anyway since water would have the elemental advantage.

thepsycoman
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hal_Wannabe on Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:57 am

Hmm, making methane, note to self, new way to say I farted. Actually not so much, the situation if you really think about it would depend on how the two were used, if it was blast against blast the water would put out the fire while the fire would turn the water to steam. The winner based on power levels and creativeness, would be up in the air. I'm only saying the fire form would be a bad idea during it.

Hal_Wannabe
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thepsycoman on Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:56 am

Btw i ment And making methane ribbons at a fire user lol.

Also i will not be on much tomorrow because I'm not going to be at home and i don't know when i will get near a computer.

thepsycoman
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hal_Wannabe on Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:33 pm

I have noticed a disturbing trend in the characters, about 1/2 the current characters are currently drawing their power from something to do with death, I'm Decay, we have a necromancer, Moran takes his from death, and we have somebody with spirit, so here's the question should I alter my character to a different specialty?
Last edited by Hal_Wannabe on Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hal_Wannabe
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby im_no_juliet on Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:52 pm

X.X Your big text... is unnecessarily blinding... x.x

Anyways- Maybe. I mean... It might be a good idea to limit the powers so that there aren't too many of the same...

Spirit isn't exactly death. It's more like life...

But beside that point; yeah, there are a lot of death-based abilities. If you can modify your source to it believably match up to what he's already done... then I say go for it.

And I apologize if Dori seemed a little bitchy ^.^; She just gets protective. And she doesn't like teachers attacking students out of no where when she doesn't know who they are...

Or maybe she was pissed that her friend was hurt, haha. Who knows? =)

im_no_juliet
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hal_Wannabe on Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:43 pm

Yeah, i'm thinking maybe entropy, it's a much more universal form of decay, so while it encompasses decay, it isn't actually based around the breakdown of living creatures, what do ya think?

Hal_Wannabe
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lyssaisanaeroplane on Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:24 pm

Hal, I'm sooooo sorry but I don't think that I can continue with this RP. I have more RPs on my plate and I'm not good with large groups. So, I'm pulling out of the RP. Like I said, I am sorry and I do adore the idea.
Our forever is together.

lyssaisanaeroplane
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hal_Wannabe on Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:26 am

S'cool, I know how that feels, I didn't put myself forward for one I wanted in because of that, of course then they all promptly died.

Hal_Wannabe
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raikizen on Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:34 pm

I am fine with whatever you decide as the ancestry of your ability. Honestly, I take mine from my own thoughts on the skills of necromancers. Everything eventually dies, and when it does the energy that was within it can be harnessed by outside forces. I take this energy, for it lingers wherever death has occurred and saturates the air and ground, and use it to cast my abilities. Most of them are based of archaic hand signs and harsh activation words, usually stemming from Latin.
Feed him, so that he may take over the universe! ->

Awesome Pokemon RP? Hell yeah.

Raikizen
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hal_Wannabe on Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:56 pm

I left a spot open for anybody who wants to get in some introductory roleplay, so, ya know, it;s just there. Waiting.

Hal_Wannabe
Member for 14 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!