Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Orion's Institute for Homo Magicus(sign up)

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Orion's Institute for Homo Magicus(sign up)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raikizen on Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:09 pm

Sorry, Hal. I'd post in response to yours, but due to where I was when I ended my last post that'd be rather hard. Seeing as you are in the school and I haven't even left the courtyard yet. I don't know where some of the other people went, but I know that me and Chris are waiting for something to happen.
Feed him, so that he may take over the universe! ->

Awesome Pokemon RP? Hell yeah.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Raikizen
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thepsycoman on Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:57 pm

I'm going camping for the weekend so ill leave Alan where and how he is.
To kill or not to kill.... Hardly even a question.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

thepsycoman
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hal_Wannabe on Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:10 pm

thepsycoman wrote:I'm going camping for the weekend so ill leave Alan where and how he is.

Cool have fun, and actually, he's not in the school per se, he was headed back through the court yard to finish fixing the window.
Card Captor Sakura ~ KAWAIIIII!
And for those wondering, yes I am a guy, yes I do read romance, and yes, I am Straight.

Mistress Faye, my laser tits accidentally fired and melted the cash register. ~ Questionable Content

Hal_Wannabe
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby im_no_juliet on Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:38 pm

Sorry I've been MIA. I've been at my dad's house and haven't had my computer available. And I'm really not sure what to put, at the moment. I feel kinda like it's all at a stalemate.
ImageImageImage

im_no_juliet
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vain on Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:14 pm

Nothing here.
Last edited by Vain on Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is a place within each of us where we cannot escape the truth; where virtue sits as judge. To admit the truth of our actions is to go before that court, where process is irrelevant. Good and evil are intents, and intent is without excuse.

Vain
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vain on Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:33 pm

Name: Fayt Vendo

Magical Tradition: Warlock

Nature of magic: Celestial and Demonic magic. Fayt is able to control the elements of light and darkness, however only to an extent. He is only able to control on element at a time. This is because each day his powers seem to reset and randomly choose which he can control that day, darkness or light. When controlling darkness he can manipulate she shadows to do a multitude of things. He mold the shadows to take on any shape he desires and at times, can make the shadows tangible. Also, if touching the shadow of an object, he can control that object. He is also able to cloak himself in darkness to hide his presence. When controlling light he can control its intensity and even manipulate the different wavelength, including infrared, ultraviolet, micro, gamma, etc. This allows him to create illusions of the light and cause people to see whatever he wants them to. This has limited uses however and can only cover a short distance. He is also able to intensify beams of light to reach high temperatures.

Role: Fighter

Appearance: Image (Hope this is okay. I couldn't find a fitting rl pic.)

Biography: Fayt has always been a conflicting spirit since he was young. His family has a history of demonic and celestial heritage, but it was thought to be so deluded that it would have no effect. This was proven untrue when Fayt was born. His parents had felt a raging storm within their son and because of this they named him Fayt, as if the fate they'd been hoping would never come had been thrust upon them. When Fayt first entered school when he was 5 he could already tell he was different. He could hear the voices of spirits and demons around him. He could also hear the demons inside him. Fayt seemed to be followed by and stream of bad luck, or was it his doing? When Fayt was in the second grade his school caught on fire and burned to the ground. Thankfully no one was hurt, but he couldn't remember how the fire had started. When he was 8 he caused a kid he'd just helped in the hallway to go running and screaming in terror for seemingly no reason. The teachers and adults around him started to grow suspicious. Though they had no proof or any idea how, they came to believe that Fayt was the cause of the distress that followed him. When Fayt was 14 his parents died in a strange accident. They were crossing street downtown when a bus, parked on the side of the road, suddenly lurched forward and hit both of them as they reached the center of the crossing. Strangely, Fayt was unharmed. Left alone and abandoned, he was finally found by the institute.

Last edited by Vain on Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Vain
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hal_Wannabe on Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:17 pm

You have far too much utility, you need to tone it down, a lot. One overarching concept, like Demonic powers, then you go from there, for instance, my decay, I can control decayed beings, (make zombies) Cause myself to decay (to create a form that feels no pain) And a few other neat tricks.

My biggest problem however is you seem to have taken this guy straight from D&D templates and merely inserted him straight into this. The powers you take on should be semi-original, not saying you can't use inspiration, but a D&D warlock is too powerful a beginning character, even among the teachers.

Hal_Wannabe
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vain on Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:44 pm

Okay, I admit it was unoriginal, but can you blame a guy for trying? Well I guess you can lol. Well I changed it. Hope what it is is okay. I tried to make it more original, but I hope he doesn't have too much still.

Vain
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hal_Wannabe on Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:00 pm

Hmm, right now it looks good, I'm not so sure about the dual abilities but you can only control one of them on any given day, so the biggest problem right now is the betrayal thing, I'll let you know in a little bit while I think about it.

Alright, my decision is made, your character is accepted on the term you remove the betrayal part, as a fellow role-player I enjoy the concept, but as GM I have decided it is counterproductive to good role-playing.

I'm not saying you be forced to be a true-blue friend, I am simply saying that you have no compulsion to betray people in equal ways to which you help them.

Hal_Wannabe
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raikizen on Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:50 pm

I'm a little preoccupied tonight, what with a myriad of things going on. However, I will do my best to come up with a post sometime tomorrow. If no one else has posted by then, I'll make it in response to yours Hal.

Also, welcome to the roleplay Vain and it is good to have you back Juliet.

Raikizen
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chris Crisis on Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:30 pm

I haven't been posting due to a few issues. I've been dealing with my own thread and it's issues, working on another role play and can't think of anything to write, honestly...

Chris Crisis
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raikizen on Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:06 pm

So... Where do I exactly report for these afternoon classes? My character isn't quite enough of a delinquent to skip. Do I go to the class you are referring to? If so, where would that be at?

Raikizen
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby im_no_juliet on Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:12 pm

Go to either Dori or Andronicus' class. I just posted for Dori. Just pick one or the other, lol.

im_no_juliet
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thepsycoman on Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:01 pm

Sorry the net is messing up big time it will only let me on for about 4 hours and then cut out.

thepsycoman
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raikizen on Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:08 pm

Yeah... I couldn't come up with enough to make an entirely new post about, so I am just going to edit my response to Dori into my other post.

Raikizen
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chris Crisis on Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:56 am

I'm posting this sheerly out of curiosity more than anything else but what exactly are we planning to do with this role play. I mean, interactions at the school and in classes are great and all but I feel like we could have more than that. Something could [and should] happen to the school that would truly send the place into a state of chaos, possibly severely injuring someone or something of that nature.

Chris Crisis
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thepsycoman on Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:22 pm

maybe the headmaster gets kidnapped by some monsters or something?.

thepsycoman
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hal_Wannabe on Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:50 pm

Guys trust me, I specifically made the headmaster to start plots. Trust me, it will be used.

Hal_Wannabe
Member for 14 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!