Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Orion's Institute for Homo Magicus(sign up)

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Orion's Institute for Homo Magicus(sign up)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thepsycoman on Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:34 pm

At least I'm not the only one.

And i only said Gary because i couldn't remember if he was sue as well, So i chose not to make a fool of myself and just say Gary and most of us knew what I ment.
To kill or not to kill.... Hardly even a question.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

thepsycoman
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby im_no_juliet on Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:44 pm

Welcome back, Chaos ^-^

Psyco; no worries, haha. And I believe it's Mary-Sue and Gary-Stu.
ImageImageImage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

im_no_juliet
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hal_Wannabe on Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:10 pm

chaostempest wrote:much apologies had to do something for others in another RP but it shouldn't be long before I get the changes, by the time you are reading this post I would have made the changes

Already looked, and no they're not. Ha
Card Captor Sakura ~ KAWAIIIII!
And for those wondering, yes I am a guy, yes I do read romance, and yes, I am Straight.

Mistress Faye, my laser tits accidentally fired and melted the cash register. ~ Questionable Content

Hal_Wannabe
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raikizen on Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:18 pm

Name: Rhett Fauver
Magical Tradition: Necromancy
Nature of magic: The lingering spiritual forces left by all living creatures once death sets upon them. This power can be harnessed an influenced through rituals and spells. His black hair is slicked back
Role: Fighter.

Appearance: Rhett stands at an above average height of 6'0"; this is made even more odd by his extremely thin frame, yet defined and muscular features. Dark clothing, the fashion he favors, is also in contrast with his pale skin and brilliant emerald eyes. His hair is silt black and slicked back into a pony tail, while escaped strands hang down around his ears. His smile could be at best described as unnerving, something that he takes pleasure in when done by choice.

Biography:

Deep in the recesses of all conscious minds lurk the more morbid thoughts and fantasies. Most drive these away and refuse to dwell on them, finding them depressing and disturbing at the least. Others, far fewer in number, embrace them and find solace. Even among that number, however, even fewer understand what brings them such comfort; is one of these few, and it is with this knowledge that he derives his powers.

Rhett was born unto a small town. His birth was perhaps the only normal thing about his childhood and growth into the proceeding years. Both of his parents died shortly after his conception; his mother passed shortly after giving birth to him, while his farther died from the loss of his mother and debts that he could not pay. As such, grew up with another family in the town that had felt a small spark of compassion for him. As he grew older, it quickly became apparent that he was not like most of the other villagers, however, due to his parents mysterious lineage. He grew tall and strong while hardly ever leaving the house. His skin lost the healthy sheen of all the others that worked outside all day, toiling to provide, and this was not lost on the superstitious villagers. At the tender age of ten he was driven out one night, cast from the town and forced to fend for himself. Up until current day where he found himself stationary for days at a time, he began traveling the country. Finding food when he needed it and surviving using the skills he had learned previously had become daily occurrences in the harsh wilds. In the years followed his exile he rebuilt his image. Even his name was something he had coined for himself, since he had known no other than 'boy' since he first came into the world, and finding it fitting and liking the way it rolled off his tongue. After years of wandering, he had managed to find a place for himself in a larger port city, where few questioned his differing appearance. It was here that he heard the first vague whisperings of a school for those with unique talents...

Age (no age limit): 18

[I hope this is satisfactory and I can alter anything to fit what you need, such as changing a detail here or there or adding more in general.]
Feed him, so that he may take over the universe! ->

Awesome Pokemon RP? Hell yeah.

Raikizen
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hal_Wannabe on Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:24 pm

Hmmm, I wish to point out, that this is Modern times, where exactly did you grow up? Cause it sounds like you're thinking this is in older times where driving a witch out of a village would be common practice.

Hal_Wannabe
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raikizen on Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:28 pm

Ah. Well, it didn't specify an exact place for this to be happening, so I mainly just chose the tradition of being born into a small village forgotten in the European countryside. Reaching a port city, such as somewhere in Italy or what have you as an example, wouldn't be too hard. From there, he could reach anywhere. If you want, I can rewrite it and tailor it to another idea.

Raikizen
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hal_Wannabe on Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:33 pm

No need, the place you were born at doesn't matter, the time however is, so it's fine as is. Accepted.

Alright, post to let me know who's on, while I go set up the IC

Hal_Wannabe
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chris Crisis on Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:37 pm

I'm psyched to get this role play started. First time I've been really excited about one in a while.

Chris Crisis
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hal_Wannabe on Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:45 pm

wait for me to get my introductory post from the headmaster to start.

http://www.roleplaygateway.com/the-orion-institute-for-homo-magicus-t36842.html

Hal_Wannabe
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chris Crisis on Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:59 pm

Was that the "Ok go" post? The one in bold and underlined and whatnot? Just for clarification. And also, what type of setting is the school? College campus/boarding school is what I pictured.

Chris Crisis
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hal_Wannabe on Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:07 pm

yes, you can go, and it's more like a small college town, you could picture the Mahora Academy from Negima to get a good picture.

And Chaos, that is too broadly defined, you are pretty much just pulling everything you want character to have and lumping it together calling it holy elemental

Hal_Wannabe
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby im_no_juliet on Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:14 pm

I agree with Chris, haha. This could be a good one.

Are we going to have a posting order, or just have at it? Or an informal posting order? Just thought I'd ask.

im_no_juliet
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hal_Wannabe on Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:23 pm

just go at it, I don't want everybody confined by a posting order if other people aren't playing right then.

I want it to be fun, which is why once you guys have started posting the first mini plot shall start.

And for those of you who are still interested, my secret fandom is Girl Genius, I have stolen the name Andronicus Valois from it.

Hal_Wannabe
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chaostempest on Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:24 pm

I think I did unless more changes are required in that case give me a couple more minutes after you elaborately tell me what needs changing.

chaostempest
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby im_no_juliet on Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:29 pm

Yay for mini plots!

And for secretly plotting small bits of drama amongst ourselves >.> =D

im_no_juliet
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hal_Wannabe on Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:34 pm

chaostempest wrote:I think I did unless more changes are required in that case give me a couple more minutes after you elaborately tell me what needs changing.

You are a master of Air Water, fire and mind, that is way too many powers, and your only changes were to eliminate light and darkness and call your power source holy elemental, your power source should be broadly defined, but all you did was pull a bunch of unrelated powers together and call it holy elemental.

Hal_Wannabe
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thepsycoman on Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:47 pm

I really should of been broader with my powers but for once i felt like having a character with limited differences but just powerful in the tiny bit he can do. Normally my character would have been in a power i call "The multi fire" in which it has an angle fire for mild healing and to attack evil, Normal fire and demon fire which would normally be good attacking pure or holy things with, it also has an effect that when Alan's blood touches his flames they grow more powerful but he loses control (Depending on how much blood) but I'm happy with how it is at the moment

thepsycoman
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hal_Wannabe on Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:48 pm

and now there is no definition of holy elemental at all,

Hal_Wannabe
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chaostempest on Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:12 pm

nope, I was going to take it out completely but I decided to just leave it as Holy Elemental Magic and change his bio a little.

I'm doing too much, I am roleplaying here roleplaying there, posting here and posting there so you will just have to excuse me if I don't ellaborate fully on some things, just use your imagination.

chaostempest
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lyssaisanaeroplane on Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:20 pm

Sorry, im ready for it to.
Our forever is together.

lyssaisanaeroplane
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!