Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

]==}- Cursed (OOC&Accepting) -{==[

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: ]==}- Cursed (OOC&Accepting) -{==[

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Luna637 on Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:05 am

Name: Rat

Appearance: Rat is short, for starters. About 4' 4", with messy gray-black hair that falls over his dull, sullen eyes. Rat has crimson red eyes, and the whites of his eyes are ever-so-slightly tinged pink. He constantly wears an expression of disintrest. Rat almost looks like a comic character with those bored, half-circle eyes. Rat's back is a bit hunched over, and gives him the impression that he's uncivilized, which, no one has the right to call him since everyone's that way in Omega. Rat has two rounded gray-black rat ears and a pink fleshy prehensile tail that's about a good three feet and a half. Rat's spine problems also let him run on all fours, which, he will do if forced. After all, it is faster. Rat has a few whiskers on his cheeks, and clawed fingers and toes that make a clicking noise when he walks without shoes. Rat very pale, and has large pupils that let him see in the dark better most do. Rat is sensitive to the light and rarely leaves his domain. Especially to go out in direct sunlight.

Drugs of Choice:

Evon- A tasteless and sometimes sour drug that allows the user to adapt to their surroundings quickly. Useful to have, because it heighten's the user's senses. In the dark, you'll be able to see more. Depending on your situation, it'll help you adapt to it. If you don't get much water, for example, it'll make your need for water less great. If you're constantly wounded, it'll multiply your immune system. It'll basically improve the place that needs the most improvement, or the place that would be most useful. If you constantly take Evon to improve something, it'll become permanant. But say if you take Evon to improve night vision, and now your day vision is awful. Evon won't help get back your day vision. In fact, it'll only make it worse. Evon will improve a select few things, and won't improve everything. Evon also comes with a price. And though Evon improves some things, it'll take away things from qualities. Hence the day and night vision example. Evon isn't perfect either. It has some major downsides. Much to the dislike of men and women, it greatly reduses insemination and hormones. It's a pain in the ass to make or find, because you have to make it out of Phlame, TRFMD, Sanguine, sea salt, four drops of O-type blood, and a small wad of clay, then let it sit in a damp area for a week, and finally grind it into powder. It results in a pale yellow powder and can be eaten, chewed, or snorted.

Sanguine- A sickly green liquid. The strongest reaction is attained by injection, though the drug can be taken almost any way the user desires. It's very nearly a poison in anything greater than a miniscule, and can make people with weaker constitution deathly ill. Those who can stomach it can develop powers over blood: most notably the power to use the magical energy in blood for spellcasting through other abilities, turning a few drops of blood into a potent energy source. The most common side effects aside from illness are blood obsession, "vampiric" behavior, and self mutilation.

Other: Rat is a moderately popular dealer, but here are a few annoying features about Rat. For one, you can't seduce him. He's an Evon druggie, and has absolute no intrest in women. Or men, if you were wondering. Two, he's paranoid like hell, and rarely ever leaves his home or domain, and in the case he does, he'll take a body guard with him. He also lives in the maze-like sewers. But for the convienience of his costomers, he has people that'll relay your order to him.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Luna637
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Иanophяeak on Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:22 pm

Accepted. You can only have one character, though.
(((̴̵̹И̜̏̀͂̅ɐ̴̵͍͍͍̹᷈n̴̵̴̵̹̹᷈᷈o͈̼̜͌͋̐ṕ̴̵̹᷄᷇᷈h҉я͈̼Ǝ̷͚̯̺̐ɐ̶̜̺̗̑҉k)))
(((k҉ɐ̶̜̺̗̑Ǝ̷͚̯̺̐я͈̼h҉͈̼̜͌͋̐ṕ̴̵̴̵̴̵̹̹̹᷄᷇᷈᷈o̴̵̴̵̹̹᷈᷈n͂̅ɐ̴̵̴̵͍͍͍̹̹᷈И̴̵̹)))

このプログラムは、心を持っている。
I can smile.
I am human.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Иanophяeak
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oran Tarlin on Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:23 pm

Okay, a few questions. My next post will just be getting to the same ally way as GuiltyPleasure and CptxMorgan, but beyond that, it's against my character (or anyone one living in Omega)'s nature to start chatting with a large group, there is a chance of being over-powered and robbed, and the effects of drugs obviously isolates a person. I'm sort of hoping that some plot will force a group together?

I figured something was going to happen like a building collapsing, causing people to be trapped and having to get out, some big drug deal to go wrong (which would actually cause people to scatter, not stay in groups) or something like overhearing a promise of some super-powerful drug, a lot of power or money, or escape or something.

I'm sort of puzzled, I'll just post, but yea... I'll have trouble if this plot is purely character driven, since a large group of introverted addicts can't band together for no reason without compromising their character.

Oran Tarlin
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Luna637 on Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:05 pm

Only one? D'aw. What should I do with Rat?

Luna637
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kearuneh on Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:23 am

I agree. I mean, my character is a little on the crazy side, so she really doesn't mind going and meeting the other characters...but you have a very great point.
The way the society is within their world, its almost like their all not wanting to go out and meet others like them, just do to the fact that their afraid of being killed or their drugs being stolen.

I have no clue what the plot twist would be: hopefully someone can jump a great idea in!

Kearuneh
Member for 15 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Иanophяeak on Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:57 pm

There IS social communication, but most of it is based on the exchange of drugs, sexual activity, or the death of a powerful threat. Ex. The one character's orgy. Now that would be very unlikely, trusting a LARGE group of people to be near you while you slept. It's not that there's an inherent distrust for everyone to everyone else, it's more of a wariness. MAYBE they're going to try and kill me. It's a first-impression type thing, kind of similar to liking vs. disliking someone in this world. In Omega, it's trust with life vs. not trust with life. A common choice, for them. The sex addicts trust the prostitutes because they want to add an orgasm to their list of highs, and sometimes that trust pays off, sometimes it doesn't.
Point is, I may have put forward too strongly the dangers of Omega, and not enough everyday life. Everyday life is not always running around killing, fucking, and stealing. Although those are interesting things, daily life is more, wander the streets, take your drugs, find food, get tomorrow's drugs, sell the extra for better drugs, avoid death, sex. The whole killing for drugs is more like, "Okay, this dude has some stuff, let's get him." Kind of like a whole city of people who'd kill an old lady for what's in her purse. People like that don't do it often, but they do do it. Get enough of them in one place, and it becomes an everyday occurrence, but not an everyday activity.
Your lives are more interesting, but this is the general template for NPC's, with a few discrepancies from one to the other. I forget the username, but the guy who's a drug runner, he's pretty much a good example of what I'm talking about. He's an average Omega citizen, with an average Omega way of taking up his time, living from high to high. He'll take an opportunity if it comes, because killing is no big deal. Of course, not everyone is a drug runner. People are dealers, buyers, scroungers, assassins, nymphos, rats, troublemakers, evil, good, insane, in love, sick, etc, etc, etc.
As for plot twists, a giant raven of blood, though not allowed as per rules, is a very interesting and intimidating spectacle. I don't exactly know why I got myself beating up an NPC girl, but after I go to the sea, I'll see it too, and we can get something going, since we all seem to be by the sea or in a nearby alley. I'll have four gallons of Light hanging off me and my girlfriend, making me a pretty noticeable. That should start off some sort of plot, combined with the blood raven.
The kind of plot I was aiming for when I started this was a kind of pairing off between characters, along with a concentration on one of the pairs as the antagonist for some reason or another. The RP would end when that pair died, however they decided to go about it, for whatever they'd done to piss people off, or when the other pairs all died chasing that one pair. You'll notice I'm requiring a fair amount of death for this to work. That's because I have put to you some of the most interesting, wonderful, and generally enticing ways to kill characters that I have ever seen. Death by overdose, death by a rabid druggie, death by trying to take out some dude, death by suicide, death by Death, death by drug incompatibility, death by accident, death because you hired the wrong hooker, death because you pissed someone off... The list goes on. And here, you don't have to look for it. I've tried to emphasize NPC use for things, not because we don't have many players, but because it opens more doors and reduces problems. With a good NPC, it's like another character.
[/rant]

Summary:
Everyone's in one place, let's light this powder keg.

EDIT:// Added a picture of a user of Maw and Harpsand, now accepting pictures of drug-users and effects. Feel free to post if you happen across one.

Иanophяeak
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Din on Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:13 am

Name: Din

Appearance:

Height: 5’5
Weight: 140lbs

Description:
A pale blonde thicket of curly hair sits atop a peanut like head with flesh as pale as snow, dotted with freckles as a result of frequent sun exposure and no pigmentation. Hys eyes, the sclera of which are black (as opposed to the typical white), as if inset are shadowed by hys prominent brow lined with more pale blond hair (eyebrows). Red irises peer from beneath the brow and give off a slight glow nearly rivaling the glow of a blunt, often being smoked by the young one. Narrow shoulders generally hang loosely, set apart by a prominent collarbone. Hys body is rather slender, bones apparent, but covered in tough muscle where necessary.

Abilities:
Din is an athletic specimen, able to perform only slightly above average feats, but only temporarily due to the effect of smoking on hys lungs. Hys magical capabilities are limited, only extending as far as the ability to control moisture in the immediate environment. This includes and is limited to freezing moisture, melting ice as well as controlling humidity, which plays a major role in hys being able to dry out his Phlame blunts in mere seconds.

Drugs of Choice:
Din, like most others, is a heavy user of drugs, but generally does not use the stronger ones unless the situation calls for it, however this says nothing of hys tolerance. Just about every waking moment, Din is high on Phlame. It is set up such that there is extra paper pre-soaked in Phlame so that one is always on hand whenever hys high fades away.

Phlame
A drug somewhat like a combination of weed and speed, Phlame has small regenerative capabilities when consumed, as well as an immediate physical burst of energy combined with a calm so effective you can feel your thoughts slowing. It can be consumed by drinking it or by soaking paper in it and rolling it tightly and smoking the resulting stick.

Soma
One of the more famous drugs. Easily traded and easily distinguished by its bright cyan color and powdery texture, but doesn't mix well with other drugs, in fact, taking with virtually any other drug creates an absolutely rampant, feral state.

TRFMD
TRFMD, usually just called "Tralf" is a dirty drug, a tar like paste which one swipes under the eyelids. When the drug is taken, the world will feel like an intense 4D movie, with various senses being stimulated by that which isn't there. This drug causes the brain to self-stimulate, picking a memory completely at random and essentially playing it back for the user. Extreme doses can cause an overload where the user can remember more than one event at one time, and the most focused druggies can make themselves remember a certain event. The drug of nostalgic fools and philosophers who just can't figure it out, given mostly as a cheap alternative to Light, half the price, none of the effects. The body can't remember certain sensations, and will simply make up most of the memory, meaning with each subsequent use, a memory can become much sweeter than it actually was.
Tell me a story.

Din
Member for 18 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XianEvermor on Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:49 pm

I need a reply from Cryo :|

XianEvermor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy World Builder

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Иanophяeak on Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:25 pm

Cryo is gone for a whiles D:
Din, you're accepted, go ahead and post.

Just something Din reminded me to point out, you can DO as many drugs as you want. But you can only get the abilities of two of them.

Иanophяeak
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XianEvermor on Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:20 am

Figures, lol. Raven will lose the trail for a while then :) I'll try and have one up tonight.

-X

XianEvermor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy World Builder

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Din on Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:01 am

Didn't mean to crap on your angle there. I can make a new post if you like.

Din
Member for 18 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kearuneh on Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:07 pm

Crap on the angle?
Haven't heard that one before, LOL.

I really have no clue what to do with Reina.....any help?

Kearuneh
Member for 15 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Din on Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:29 pm

Nothing moves an RP forward like confrontation

Din
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Brutal_Sarah on Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:30 pm

Name: Sarah gresh
Appearance: She has a light red fur around her entire body. She looks like a young girl except for the fur and the fact that she has sharp dog teeth and a five foot long tail. She is 5 ft 5in and very skinny. She has deveoped fully and has a very womanly figure. Her hair is long and bright blue. She usually runs around only wearing a white tank top and short blue jeans.
Drugs of Choice:
Name: Mackash
Appearance: It looks like a long strand of black wet hair, and seems to glow blue.
Effect: It is very effective at making fur grow and makes people hallucinate and sometimes gives them split personalities.
Method of taking: you eat it.

Name: masher
Appearance: A small mutilated rat.
Effect: It gives you an insatible taste for rotting flesh. If you take this you will want to eat meat that has been rotting for weeks. It also gives you enhanced feeling receptors that make you aware to every single thing touching your skin, increasing pleasure by tenfold but also making pain even horrible.
Method of taking: Repository, you stick it up your @$$

Other:
I'm bored, plus it doesn't seem like much is happening here...splorph...SOMEONE RELIEVE ME OF MY BOREDOM!!!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Above comment equals fail.

Brutal_Sarah
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Иanophяeak on Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:29 pm

Sarah, you're accepted, but please take a look at the Drug Library for alterations to your substances.

As for everyone else, keep up the good work. To the one who spoke of Omega being lonely, beautiful. And might I suggest something about a struggle to the center of the city? Perhaps you can think of something interesting that might be there. The oldest part of Omega... I wonder what it'd be like.

Иanophяeak
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oran Tarlin on Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:46 pm

I've always been miserably bad at throwing myself into a roleplay, and I keep reading this over and over... is there someone currently not paired who I can focus towards? I can roleplay when I'm in a roleplay, but getting myself in always feels like childbirth...

Any suggestions? This roleplay drips with distaste and overall creepiness, so I really like it, plus I've noticed recently that many of my daydreams have involved thinking of strange magical drugs... which I'll have to post soon, just for the added depth in the roleplay.

Oran Tarlin
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XianEvermor on Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:07 am

don't worry... Raven will have a piece of everyone here shortly. :) Cryo did a great job of losing me, so the next logical step is to visit Reina for help. Just giving people time to react before I blather on :D

Next post tomorrow depending on how I feel after the 5 hour drive back home.

XianEvermor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Brutal_Sarah on Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:15 pm

Nevermind i'm too busy to join another roleplay

Brutal_Sarah
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Иanophяeak on Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:22 pm

I'm currently making my... third post with only me and my NPC girlfriend. While I'm fine with this an' all, try not to isolate people in future RP's. They might not be as comfortable with it as I am.

Иanophяeak
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Brutal_Sarah on Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:59 pm

Less busy then i thought ignore my other character i have decided to abandon her.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Name: Sadhas
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Appearance: She has very long blue hair that goes along her entire back in a wave of glimmery blue hair that slightly glows. She has a small snout filled with sharp but delacate teeth that hide her very long tongue that seems to be made for creating saliva which seems to be why she favors harpsand. Her tongue is about four feet long and always has something dripping from it. It is a weird green grey and has multiple spikes going along the sides.. Her skin is a carpet of luminesant blue fur. Her eyes are large and a bright copper. She is completely developed phsyically and is a good five ft seven in tall despite her age. She has a long stiff tail-also blue-that is steamlined and ends in a sharp tip extending in a spike. Her body is much stronger then would appear and her hands have seven fingers-four opposing two thumbs. The tips of the fingers end in slight nails that are decently sharp. Along her stomach and chest her fur is almost nonexistant and is replaced by pale white scales that are slightly spined.
Drugs of Choice:
Mercury: A silvery liquid that can be drank or injected. It tastes bitter and metallic, and not long after you take it, your senses are numbed and you get a tingly feeling that races through your limbs, followed by a slight burning sensation. It sends metal into your blood stream, but eventually is dissolves. It's harmless in small doses, but taking it often and in large doses may be fatal because it changes your blood, but the risk is worth it , because in return you can get a very interesting high. An acute sense of clarity, where everything is new and vibrant, colors jump out, all sounds are music, and even things far away are sharp and defined.

Harpsand: A drug for the more sophisticated druggie. Harpsand can really only be utilized by people with powerful tongues, as the sour brown sand has to be held directly on the tongue, allowed to form a rubbery slime, and then slowly released down the throat. Increased use of this drug will cause a person's tongue to become incredibly strong and regenerative, as well as stretching to as much as three feet, allowed to dangle out of the mouth, usually wrapped around some Harpsand. Beyond this, Harpsand causes a person's body to become incredibly immune to acids, and the user will probably have a strange desire for Citrus. Acid will simply seem to stop working, and a true addict can actually dissolve through some materials with their highly acidic saliva.

Brutal_Sarah
Member for 15 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!