Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

These Tables Are Numbered For a Reason...(OOC)

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

These Tables Are Numbered For a Reason...(OOC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NewHorizon on Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:19 pm

Please leave all overcoats, canes and, top hats with the doorman. From that moment you'll be out of place and under dressed.

The annual masquerade ball of the Lovette's is coming up, and it's being announced over the radios, TV's, and is even the front page of the newspaper. Being one of the richest families in the U.S, the Ball will be one of the best, and most fanciest around. Everyone is invited but will be checked at the entrance for an elegant outfit-whether it be a dress or suit, and a proper mask. Without either of these items, you won't be getting in any time soon. The Lovette's dated back in the 1600's, and were known for the significant vampires that have been brought up from the ancestors.
Their history of killing other human beings, however, is very vague. The family is one of the few Vampire Clans that actual care enough of the human population to feed off of animals only; but that has yet to make them weak-they are one of the strongest clangs. The Human's are very aware of these vampiric legends, but know that they are safe since the Lovette's merely drink animal blood.

However, there is another clan that is equally strong; the Gilberts. This Vampire clan is as old- if not older, than the Lovette's. And because of that, they have a way of sneaking around and finding their way into the party. This clan is the 'Evil Clan', if you will. Instead of trying to feed off of only animals, these ruthless creatures will kill a human in the blink of an eye without a thought.

The Lovette's aren't fond of the Gilberts, and they do have a long history of fights on the past. Faery guards are set at every entrance to keep them out, but even these creatures aren't able to keep them out. Where the Lovette's have Faery guards, the Gilberts have Werewolf guards. (These two types of creatures are explained in the Glossary.) The Gilberts see this Masquerade Ball as a chance to get inside of the LOVETTE'S MANSION and kill them without notice. However, they have come for a few dances as well. Who doesn't like to dance?

Glossary

Lovette's⇒ The 'Good' clan. The family that is having the Masquerade Ball.
Gilbert's⇒ The 'Bad' clan. Members of this family will be sneaking in and trying to kill the Lovette's.
Werewolf ⇒ Referring to the older ones, that can't change back into humans. These will be NPC's, and will not be the main character of anyone.

Faery⇒ Much like a Fairy, only more lethal and deadly. Their skin is a tinted green, pink,or light blue. All 32 teeth of these creatures are as sharp as razors, and they're eyes are normally luminescent. These creatures are just as strong as Werewolves. NPC's.

Rules
⇒Be literate. I don't like one liners. All posts have to be at least 6 lines please. :]]
⇒If you're going to be gone, TELL ME. c:
⇒Let's not ALL be horndogs. You don't go around knocking up every person you see in real life, do ya?
⇒You can have more than one character, but not to the point you stop using a few.
⇒If you are a Lovette you may NOT let your character drink a humans blood.
⇒All pictures must be REAL life. Not anime. I dislike pictures like that. And as for the character sheets...please don't make it some 2 line personality. You can even make lists. Just not one sentence paragraph.
Directory
BallRoom(Where all the dancing will be going on.)
Stair case. Goes to the second level of the Mansion.
One of the many bedrooms
Balcony that overlooks the ballroom
One of the many bathrooms
One of the hallways.

Lovettes
Amor. (NewHorizon)
Kaylianna (KayKay)
Alexandra Juliet Lovette (RaeRae)

Gilberts
Johnathan Gilbert (Derek Smith)'
Slade Roy Gilbert (Rawrr)

Humans

Character Sheets
My name is:
I'm A: (Vampire/Human)
What Side?:(Only if you're a vampire)
Look At Me:(No anime pictures please.)
Mask:
Dress/Tux: (This can be described if finding a picture is too hard.)
Personality:(Can be lists, or a big paragraph.)
Extra:
Last edited by NewHorizon on Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:36 am, edited 3 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

NewHorizon
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: These Tables Are Numbered For a Reason...(OOC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NewHorizon on Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:21 pm

My name is: Amor Lovette
I'm A: Vampire
What Side?:Lovette
Look At Me:Image
Mask: Here's a closeup
Here's a ..not closeup.
Dress/Tux: The dress is on her in the picture 'Appearance.' The black, slim fitting dress is tinted with a deep green, only showing the color when the light hits it just right. The torso to the dress is completely straight without any wrinkles. There's a small, black, crowfeather adorned strap runs up and around her neck to keep the top half up, while the bottom half flairs out gorgeously. Starting at her waist, is flares out about 6 inches from leg to leg. Black lacing vines up and down the bottom part in a unique style all coming to an end on the floor where it drags only a few inches.
Brief Summary
Amor is overly proper, used to how things were in the 1700's than in present day. Her language is about the same, using proper words instead of the slang they have become. Despite the lack of a regular human personality, Amor tries to keep her species a secret, and merely tells everyone outside of her family that she is a human. Below the proper language and table manners,however, she can actually be fun to hang around. Her slender body makes it easy for her to sneak around, is she isn't that well handling big surprises. However small she may be, she is an excellent fighter and is ranked second in her families fighting class.

Hand to hand combat, Neat things, Keeping her hair braided, animal blood, violin, black crow feathers, slim dresses, apples, bow and arrow, dancing.
Dislikes
Loud people, hip hop, hair unkempt, dirty things, being too exposed, not having make-up on, doves.

Extra: She usually used a special type of spray on tan that keeps her from looking too pale.
Last edited by NewHorizon on Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

NewHorizon
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kaoru_chan on Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:08 pm

Can I play twins?? Even if not, I still want to do this. o:
i haven't rp-ed on here in a while, so don't expect any of my older posts to be what i roleplay like now! just a word of warning! <:

Kaoru_chan
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NewHorizon on Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:11 pm

Yeah sure! :D
I was hoping some people were going to come XD

NewHorizon
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kaykay120 on Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:16 pm

My name is: Kaylianna Lovette
What Side?:Lovette
Mask: It's Not THAT Cute!
Dress/Tux: Her dress is lacy and black, proper for her normal dour and grim mood. It clings comfortably to her form with a slit up the side, allowing easy movement. The back is decorated with images of green vines that coil around to the front and burst to life in an array of dazzling crimson flowers. The front had to be refitted, making everyone who has seen the actual catalog version, wonder what she may have done to 'ruin' it. Nothing, really. She's just an early bloomer.
Brief Summary
Unlike her prim and proper sister Amor, Kaylianna is more use to the slang words, using some just to get on Amor's nerves. However, she is able to speak properly, but don't expect her to do it much. Even though she's nearly a grown woman, in her mother's words, she behaves like a child. Well...a very emotional child. She views the world as dim and likely to die off at the push of a button. Most avoid her like the plague, which several she has been through, giving her cause to more depression. On her good days, she's cheerful and more prone to use proper speech. She enjoys anything, besides singing and the occasional child. Actually all children. She's normally seen in the west hall placing her bass.

Ravens, Neat things, Bass, Reading, Ice cream, Daggers,
Dislikes
Dreadfully loud noises, singing, children, bats

Extra: For some odd reason, Kaylianna hadn't grown as pale as her family members, giving her a more human look.
Last edited by Kaykay120 on Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kaykay120
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NewHorizon on Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:00 pm

KayKay@ Awsome :}

NewHorizon
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kaykay120 on Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:36 pm

Thank you! PEOPLE, JOIN THIS!!!

Kaykay120
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RaeRaeButterfly on Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:13 am

My name is Alexandra Juliet Lovette
I'm A Vampire
What Side? Lovette
Look At Me
Mask It's not a wedding mask but let's see what you think :)
Dress/Tux
Personality
Extra

editing. :)

RaeRaeButterfly
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NewHorizon on Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:46 am

I like your picture, RaeRae ^^

NewHorizon
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RaeRaeButterfly on Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:15 pm

RaeRaeButterfly
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rawrr on Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:19 pm

I'll take a Gilbert guy

smoke it, feel it, fly it high.

Rawrr
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rawrr on Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:36 pm

My name is: Slade Roy Gilbert
What Side?: Gilbert
Mask: Venetian
Dress/Tux: DG suit, except the baby blue shirt underneath is black.

Personality: This man is an angry soul, and it is unfortunate that this soul has to go through eternity. He isn't one of the oldest Gilberts, he's actually a legitimate numerously-great grandson of one of the oldest, his years only limited to perhaps just under a hundred. When his father had informed him that his ancestor in the early 1600s was turned into a vampire, the man's son's survived as human, continuing the Gilbert family line regularly. Slade was set on finding his ancestor, and this was in the early 1920s. He was a a thug, and has stayed a thug even after the initial meeting with his true family. Not much had changed about him since 1920s, except now that he had immense power, and an immortal soul and body, he was free to misbehave, the same as he had decades ago. He doesn't really have any guilt or humanity, he's for himself and his family, and emits angry, pumping energy that other beings can feel if they're nearby. It's a sexual, passionate, wild and untamed energy. Aggressive, impatient, intolerant, with an unstable temper. Sex and blood are his release.

Extra:
- Slade has a box with his father's old gun and pipes in it, it's crumbling apart, but it means a lot to him, since his father refused to turn and stayed human to die at 45.
- Slade loves women as much as he loves violence. He's a shameless flirt.
- Most of the time, he's cocky enough to overfeed himself just for the sake of killing.
- Oh and he loves masquerade balls. :)
Last edited by Rawrr on Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Rawrr
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Derek Smith on Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:13 pm

My name is: Johnathan Gilbert
What Side?: Gilbert
Mask:Image
Dress/Tux: Much like his daily wear Johnathan's tux is a simple yet elegant white that is reminiscent of late Renaissance fashion.With it's simple yet elegant design some think it understated but Johnathan was never one to like standing out in a crowd. And if it were not for the need to blend in the man would not even bother with this as he sees it overblown fashion statement.
Personality: One of the older members of the Gilbert clan he cares little for the whole feud with the Lovette clan. But in the end blood is thicker then water so he ( somewhat reluctantly) stands with his family. And it is this somewhat waning tie with his family that have seen him come to disdain their companionship and some of the younger members of the Gilbert clan scarce know he exists.However despite his disdain he does agree with the family view concerning humans.

Some would be inclined to think Johnathan a lonely soul because of his solitary existence. However since he is curious and intelligence by nature the man spends much of his immortal life buried in research of one kind or an other. Sometimes it is the mysteries of the vampuric body to the endless mysteries of the stars And for him this is more fulfilling then dealing with the mundane aspects of socializing.

Dislikes: Mindless Sheep ( or as he sees it 99% of the people, including vampires, that live)
Extra: Johnathan enjoys proving himself to the point most think him a arrogant jerk.

Derek Smith
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rawrr on Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:57 pm

Done with Slade.

Rawrr
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NewHorizon on Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:30 am

Awesome!
I like the characters. :P
Hopefully, We'll get some more people before we start.

NewHorizon
Member for 14 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!