Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Dragonball: Saiyan Might

.::Dragon ball:::Saiyan Might::.

a part of “Dragonball: Saiyan Might”, a fictional universe by Displacer.

Its been fifty years since the destruction of planet Vegeta and you are the offspring of the proud saiyan survivors.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Dragonball: Saiyan Might”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] .::Dragon ball:::Saiyan Might::.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JayZeroSnake on Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:23 pm

If I'm Accepted, I may not join for a while, IRL business.

"Join The Corps!"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

JayZeroSnake
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vio-Lance on Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:33 pm

Okay, Thunder, I don't know if Displacer has approved of Chill's Armored Quad or whatever, but I disapprove. Making 'NPCs' that you control that have such high power level is just like controlling them as if they were your PCs. And by extension, is breaking the rules. Yes; I control the guardians. But they don't fly around the universe, protecting inncent people, like Klene and Serett. AND half of them are DEAD.

Basically, you have a "NUKE THE FUCK OUT OF EVERYTHING" button, and we are unable to stop it. I mean, as far as player plots go, I'm more than willing to have a shift in balance. But when someone renders the GM powerless? That's something that grinds my gears. Severely.

I'm going to do some talking with Displacer....
"People should not fear their government.
Governments should fear their people."
"Beneath this mask, there is more than flesh. Behind this mask, there is an idea.
And ideas, Mister Creedy... are bulletproof."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Vio-Lance
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RinlovesSesshoumaru on Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:23 am

Diplacer I'm ready to start whenever you are. And I do agree how in the blue hell are we gonna take on these guys if all that have to do to kick our butts is fart in our general direction really. We would totally be screwed.

RinlovesSesshoumaru
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Teh Great Thundorz on Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:04 pm

*Faceplam*.... Honestly guys? Your going to do this? *sigh* Okay, list one... obviously, they HAVE been approved, otherwise, I never would of put them down. Second off, their not SUPPOSE to be easy. Sure, their powerful, but... COME ON PEOPLE! You have to admit. This is not the old DBZ, this is years after that. And these guys are suppose to be the 'best of the best' for a good gosh darn reason. Maybe they do seem high, but seriously? If your going to complain about how I'm suddenly rendering GM powers useless, first off... THEY'VE BEEN APPROVED. Second off, I updated them because THEY TRAINED. Just like you did. And third off, if your going to complain about my villians... Why don't you do your own saga, have your own villians, go ahead, I DARE YOU to try. But I am just saying... You will thank me for this LATER. They are suppose to be a challenge, everyone wants to be a saiyan, and we all SHOULD KNOW how quickly PL's can go up. So, like I said... IF your going to complain about how I have set up the villians, then plan your own gosh dang saga, plan out the villians and their PL's, three months later in RP time, BAM!

Teh Great Thundorz
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vio-Lance on Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:29 pm

Okay. Sure. Whatever... And how exactly do you expect us to defeat such a foe? They're so drastically overpowered, that the only one with even A HAIR of a chance is Klene, because of Super Saiyan. And I say hair, because it's like 1249081720750858905630516 people on 3 others....with power levels under 100,000. Klene has over 100,000 because of super saiyan, but I'm not sure of the exact power. Kayl, or whatever, also has about 140,000, because of Kaio-Ken x4. BUT. How in the hell is that going to stack up to, like, one guy, whom has 500,000. Their combined power levels don't even add up to 500,000! Much less any others!

You're overpowering yourself and you know it.

Vio-Lance
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RinlovesSesshoumaru on Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:30 pm

Well its not like I can disagree to much my charry hasn't even been approved yet ::sighs::. Oh well I'll get over it I just hope she's okay though. I know I'm such a pain and wine too much but I wanna feakin RP dang it.

RinlovesSesshoumaru
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Teh Great Thundorz on Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:35 pm

... Overpowering myself....? Really? Your gonna pull that out. I'm trying to help the RP, but apparently you can't seem to understand what I'm trying to do here for you guys. Really, I have a few complaints about you myself. Umm, Displacer has a reason for being gone, but you vanished along with her for months, so... You have no idea how pissed off I was at this. On top of that... The GM's ALWAYS have to be the most powerful? Is that what your saying? That's exactly what you have just stated with your two things and quite honestly, I'm not sure why your still bothering to type. I only gave that as a defence, and this is one too. I could just quit if you guys don't appreciate what i'm trying to do here, because I waited days, gave up, then you guys suddenly come back MONTHS later when I have things going on, and you expect me to just... give up all I've been trying to work before? At the moment, your kind of making me lean one way and not the other.

Teh Great Thundorz
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RinlovesSesshoumaru on Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:49 pm

Gebus guys ouch man the tension is a thick as mud in here. You all need to make some kind of agreement and work it out. I'm sure there's away to kind of even things out a bit. But a lot of us have very low power levels my charry's is only 60,000 and that's because Displacer said there was a limit to everyone's power levels. They can't be over 100,000 right now I think is what it said???? am I wrong someone correct me if I'm wrong. But I do understand Thudor's point too that they will gain more power levels each time they get said butts kicked cause their saiyan. But I don't want to creamed either geez I'm confused.

RinlovesSesshoumaru
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vio-Lance on Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:35 pm

Is your defense to anything "Oh, I'll quit, because you need me."? Such a shame that a good roleplayer like yourself resorts to such petty threats, that have no claim. If you want to quit, that's fine by me. But just know that if you quit, you're not just leaving behind me, but your friend. There's the "Abandon Character" button. I'mma not stoppin' you from pressing it. And truly, I think, if you wanted to leave, you would have already. You want to stay. Your threat of leaving, or even you actually leaving has no effect on me. So stop your personal assault on me; just because I left when the GM did doesn't mean anything.

Secondly, Rin is right. about more that one thing. Mostly the fact that we need to come to an agreement. As you brought up, this is older than Dragon Ball Z. That doesn't mean power levels have to be higher. Dear God, older means more power? Mr. Miyagi's power level must've been infinity, then! It doesn't matter how old the saga is; power levels are not set by the era. Nappa was in Dragon Ball GT. So were Frieza. And Cell. Blasted away by the heroes in seconds. Because that was their era. Was Thuder alive when Goku was? No. No he was not. According to your profile, he's 18. In fact, when Goku was 18, his power level was under 1,000. That's right. Under 1,000. Strongest guy ever in DB series. Raditz was at 1,200, and he was Goku's older brother. Chill and his minions? I hardly doubt they could all grow so powerful so fast. Unless they're all like, 50, of course. You never specified ages on your OP PC-NPCs. I would also like to point out that these points are larger than you think. Piccolo's Special Beam Cannon, the one that killed Raditz, by piercing him like a pin through paper, was only 50 points higher than his power level. 1200, vs 1,250. Fifty points was the difference of barely able to keep up with him, and being able to puncture him like he was a raw hunk of beef. In metaphorical terms, putting 80,000 Serett against 400,000...would be beyond dead. You could break her neck with a flick. Literally. A flick. He is literally FIVE OF SERETT. And that would be just to match him. I'm sure he's got some assinine backup power that makes him seventy katrillion times stronger depending on the situation....

The other things she's right about?

1. It's posted multiple. Multiple. MULTIPLE places that you keep your power level under 100,000. I don't believe the LOWEST power level of the Armored Squad, (400,000), fits within that quailification.

2. Saiyans do get move powerful as they're defeated. But, these guys are here for vengance. They're going to kill the fuck out of us. Thunder will have some cheesy trick up his sleeve, like being able to turn super-saiyan now, or whatever, backed up by his league of "Do as I say or I leave" soldiers, that will stomp us to itty bitty pieces. Death sucks.

.... That's a good point.

You know what?
Go ahead. Bring your doom and gloom squad.

When they kill Serett, Klene, and Kayl... what then? Gonna go roleplay with yourself?

Like I said; I've got a lot more ammo than you do for this argument. If you wanna have a shootout, then we can drag this thing's ass to the very end. Or we can be mature about this, and compromise. The choice is yours.

Vio-Lance
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Teh Great Thundorz on Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:41 pm

You been smoking crack or something? I never said I wanted to kill them, you a-hole. Your just over-reacting, and such petty threats? I'm thinking of leaving because of you, and I'm friends with Displacer, but not you. Honestly, it doesn't matter what you say, as long as you continue to whine, your just going to make things worse. And you know? I don't know. I've been pushed. If you really wanted to make this easier and compromise, you would of held back all that boulderdash in the first place, but no, you wanted to go on, you WANT to complain. And you got more ammo? Just because you have more ammo makes you the better man? You WANT to continue, because if we compromise, your going to ruin everything this has been able. This is Displacer's RP though, not mine, but these are technically my villians, and I just set them with reasonable powerlevels within reasonable time. If she says I shouldn't attack yet, I won't. If she says I can't bring in this and this yet, I WON'T! But your just being all 'ohh, we're dead, we're dead, we're dead' NO! IT'S CALLED CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT! IT'S CALLED GETTING STRONGER BECAUSE YOUR OPPONENTS STRONGER THEN YOU! That's how it's always been! But no, I'ma stop now... Because Displacer will see all this anyway eventually, so... We're both in trouble now.

Teh Great Thundorz
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mid on Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:49 pm

Well, I really am not going to read the last couple of posts that have created this sudden outburst of anger however I will ask that you all cease the hostile words and respect each other. You can disagree, yes but don't disrespect each other over petty things.

I will be watching this thread now O_O...
Bai Bai bby

Mid
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Contributor Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Teh Great Thundorz on Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:51 pm

Sorry, bad day and all that ya know?

Teh Great Thundorz
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RinlovesSesshoumaru on Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:32 pm

::Rin sits in the middle of the room and starts singing:: "All we are saying is give Peace a chance". Come on everybody really I'm not even approved yet and I'm not this hostile.

RinlovesSesshoumaru
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Displacer on Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:18 pm

All right, everyone just stop. I am gone for one day and you are at each others throats? Lets just calm down and act our perspective ages. Thundorz, listen to everyone. The Armored Squad is just over-the-top ridiculous. This is like jumping straight to the Cell saga after the saiyan saga. Just calm down and be reasonable. Yes, we need a challenge for the players. However it needs to be just that, a challenge, not an impossible task. Lets just stick to what we have. ALSO, if ANY of you are planning to do something major like this, TALK TO ME. I am the GM and my word is law when it comes to this. So lets all just take a deep breath and calm ourselves down.
Go Cry In The Walk-in.

Displacer
Member for 14 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Displacer on Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:28 pm

Okay, this is whats going to happen. Vio-Lance, Teh Great Thundorz and I are going to be calmly discussing the issue. I would prefer it if everyone would be respectful and not interrupt us. I want the three of us to act our ages here. No insults, no swearing, no fighting...etc. I want a good CLEAN discussion. Set aside the drama and be nice to each other. I will not tolerate either of you acting out at any time during this. We are going to throw in our two cents and nothing more. That being said, let us try to resolve the issue.

Displacer
Member for 14 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RinlovesSesshoumaru on Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:01 pm

Yay displacer! I'm ready to start when ever you take a look at my PM.

RinlovesSesshoumaru
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vio-Lance on Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:39 pm

Well, my argument is that they're too powerful. As I was saying before; the power levels are too high. 400,000, the highest power level is more than all of our powerlevel. Combined. Lower them. Even the Ginyu Force, Freiza's very elite, had Guildo, which Vegeta blasted like a toy. But, don't go overboard with the power level lowering. We don't want them to fall over at a touch. We want to be able to keep up with them. My solution is to lower their power levels, and their abilities accordingly. I'd even go as far as to lower Ralph's power level lower than Serett's. Androids have infinite power; they never stop, which means as long as he can give fight to Serett, he can outlast her.

Otherwise, also make it less where you hide everything about them. Of course, we won't know what they've prepared in character; But it would suck buttnuggets to fight some guy whom could expell, like, Tabun gas from gills, or something. I'd like not for Serett's eyes to blister over. Eye blisters are no fun.... I'm not saying expose every detail about them, but make sure they don't have an "I win" button up their sleeve. Or even if it is an I win button make it to where you at least aren't stomping everyone with them.

Let's wait to see what you have to compromise on your side,TGT.

Vio-Lance
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Teh Great Thundorz on Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:16 pm

Very fine words indeed, but I have to say, I kind of disagree with most of the things he's suggesting. On one matter the power levels are set so that the special armour squad is seen as a highly skilled force, serving the current most powerful man in the known universe; Lord Chill. I understand how everyone feels, but, with the way I see things possibly going, these guys may soon not be such a challenge in the future. We hardly knew anything about the Ginyu Force Squad, and the reason there's hardly any info for the Armor Squad is because there backgrounds aren't really well known, except for when they were all forced into Lord Chill's service and rose up through his ranks.

Also, the lowering their abilitys, well... What's there to lower? Captain Yansor is from Ginyu's race, Jason's a Saiyan, Ralph's an Android who's more or less based off of Cell's absorbing thing. His powelevel is the lowest because he has the most potent abilitys, seeming to be like an energy android would be, but also has the ability to absorb his opponent's and take away some of their power, depending on their health and such-wise. On another note, I don't intend for them to just be like 'YEAH, LET'S TAKE OVER THE UNIVERSE! WHOO!' Nah. Lord Chill is to serve only as a Major Saga Villain, such as Frieza, Cell, Buu, etc. The Armour Squad is meant to serve as a major challenge for the character's. I can understand currently why you see them as threats, but to me, I see intense training up in the future that will make everyone's characters really powerful. If they have the inspiration of Lord Chill and his Armor Squad to back them up, don't you think they'll become powerful enough to take them on after this intense training? It's like how Goku was healing up after his fight with Ginyu to take on Frieza, or Goku and Gohan training in the HBTC to fight Cell, or Goten and Trunks training in the HBTC to perfect their fusion to take on Buu? Those are all great examples of what I'm trying to come up with here.

If anyone misunderstood these NPC's from me as 'Oh, i'm going to take over this RP, it's all mine, MINE, MINE, MWA-HAHAHAHAHAAAAA!' ....that's not the kind of thing I do. What I would suggest for everyone's benefit is limited meetings with these powerful characters. They've already met Lord Chill, so he can be down for a while... who destroyed an entire planet *COUGH* and Serett now has some inspiration for some intense training later on. When the characters are more stronger and closer to their powerlevels, then I would suggest letting them become more active and let Lord Chill's plan advance further as time goes on. This is merely my opinion on what we could do, and I'll now wait to see what you both have to say to this.

Teh Great Thundorz
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vio-Lance on Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:33 pm

But see, that's that thing. We don't have a HBTC. We can't do a years worth of training in a day. Much less, if we die here, then there won't be very much training to do in the future, correct. We can't go from, say, 80,000 to 400,000 in two months time. Displacer SUGGESTED that Serett's powerlevel boosted to 80,000, from 10,000, which I thought was a little much. My original thought for Serett was 25,000!

The power levels are too high, and we can't just say. 'Oh hey, we spent the last 5 years training, and here we are again." That's poor use of time frames and plot devices, which would lower the quaility of roleplay as a whole.

And what you said in the middle paragraph made no sense. All of those people wanted to
1. Frieza wanted (and did, for the most part) Rule the galaxy.
2. Cell wanted to blow the eff out of Earth.
3. Bojack wanted to Rule....something. Probably the Earth.
4. Buu wanted to blow the eff out of the Galaxy.
5. Broly....wanted to kill Goku.
6. #13... wanted to kill Goku.
7. Pretty much the entire motivation prose behind the villians were to kill Goku, destroy Earth, or the galaxy.

My point is, in my mind, I rather don't see Chill just sitting up in his diabolical little chair, hands in the Finger Pyramid of Doom, saying, "I want to torment those two saiyans. They look like fun." That's not his entire purpose in life. That seems like a VERY, VERY petty cause for a tyrant like him. Surely, he has bigger fish to fry.

Vio-Lance
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Teh Great Thundorz on Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:44 pm

Your right, we don't have a HBTC, but this is our RP, with our own fictional planets involved. Someone could go to a ship and use the gravity to train, or train on a high-gravity planet. Either way, those sound like good options in my mind to use that would be helpful later on in the future. Of course, getting the hands on the ship for gravity training may be a little difficult, but hey, it can all be thrown into the plot somehow and make things for an adventure sort of spot to take place. And I won't go into the powerlevels again, I've already said my point on them.

.... And you completely mis-read my point. I never was talking about the villains, I was talking about the good guys, like Goku, and used examples of how they got stronger (even if some weren't intentional, like goku's healing before frieza) before they fought the main villain at that current time.

Your right, Chill won't just be plotting all the time... but that doesn't mean that he will target on our heroes, because he does indeed have bigger fish to fry. Sure, he may consider using them as possible bait in case one of the guardians turns up, but that's about all he will do right now. Thunder's intentions are completely different then Chill's, since he actually is one of his loyal servants at the time.

My point is, we don't need the HBTC. We can find our own way to train them somehow, and with the right motivations set in place, the powerlevels of the special armour squad and lord chill himself would make excellent reasons to train all the more sooner. Of course, it would take time and some plots to get to that point, but I also have another suggestion for some stalling that could be used before the 'big intense training' could come in. We could have some of the members, Displacer, You, or myself come up with some mini-villains for our heroes to deal with for the time being, more reasonable, more within their own powerlevels, etc. It could be from one person's idea, or it could be from multiple people's ideas formed together, either way, these mini-villains could be a major help within the RP for our current situation. Of course, it is only one of my many opinion's on this matter.

Teh Great Thundorz
Member for 14 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!