Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat β€” the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

I Live To Be a Dancer OOC

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

I Live To Be a Dancer OOC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jaybt9 on Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:38 am

The location is the empire state of New York. The time is 2010, the start of another decade. The scene is the dance world, where you are likely to see people in rhythmic motion. They tick, tock, tap, and sway to the kicks, snares, and instruments surrounding their ears. The dance world is, however, split into two lives:

ImageThe Ballet life of New York City. People who live here are always on their toes, and flying in the air as the beautiful orchestral sounds give them a rush. They have a goal set for themselves; to be that role on stage. The one that performs to a crowd of sophistication.

Then there is the street life in the Boogie-Down Bronx; Hip-Hop is their ordeal. The clothing, the music, the boombox that one carries on their shoulders, just to give out a word that they are here. All they love to do is battle each other to the pumping bass on the speakers. The city despises them, while others idolize them. Their goal......is to win the Royal Boogie-Down Championship. The winning crew is awarded $500,000.

Those two lives are never to interact with each other, but now that is going to change with two individuals.

Based solely on the Step Up series

Theme Song: Public Enemy vs. Benny Benassi-Bring The Noise (Pump-Kin Remix)

Notable Roles

The Dancer: (RaeRaeButterfly) The passionate female role, whose life is devoted to ballet and jazz. She dreams of going places. She wants to be the star ballerina, getting the spotlight. The one who gets the standing ovation. However, she begins to learn that opposites attract.

The Man in The Streets:(free) A bad boy this man is. His life is devoted to the streets. He eats, sleeps, lives hip hop, and break dancing. He is the leader of his own dance crew, and is like an older brother to them. He, along with the rest of his crew, lives in an old warehouse that his late father once owned, and passed onto him. His money comes from numerous dance battles that he and his crew won fair and square, but now the money isn't going as quickly as the government wants. (Person who chooses this character can name their crew)

The Rookie: (Some1StoleMyCookie) The young dancer who may have some screws that need to be tightened. This person may look young and weak, but their hip hop skills are good. The only problem is that the rookie doesn't notice it yet. The Bad boy believes that the rookie could be a great dancer if he joins his crew.

The Dancer's Best Friends:
They also live ballet, and support each other through trials and tribulations. However, their best friend, β€œthe lady”, is going to make a horrible decision; falling in love with β€œthe tramp”. Their job is to convince her not to. One of them supports the leading lady and her hip hop secret, and is willing to join her.
- (The Friend who supports the dancer's hip hop secret)
-Reserved for BeautifulTragedy16
-
-
-

The Crew: The Bad boy's many dance-ranging siblings. While they do live dancing, they don't live anything else in life. Some are high school dropouts, while others graduated, yet they don't know where to go afterwards.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

The Rivals: Those other crews that conflict the bad boy's crew. They all live the same life as the bad boy, and their leaders gain the same responsibility to their crew as he does. Their dream is to win anything that comes their way. One crew is the most bitter rival of the bad boy, and are always the first to throw fists a millisecond after they meet.
-(Crew 1 (The Bitter Rival))
-Leader:
-The Nubians: An all-girl group consisting of street dancing and some acrobatics.
-Leader: Celeste Howard (Jaybt9)
-(Crew 3)
-Leader:

Rules

1. Gore is not encouraged. Blood is okay, but lets keep that to a minimum.
2. Profanity is highly encouraged. Their free. They can curse anytime they want to.
3. Godmodding is not ok. I'm not sure how it's going to work as far as the dance battles go. You can do some pushing and stuff, but winning a physical fight wouldn't be fair, wouldn't it?
4. Post at least 5 sentences. You don't have to be completely literate, but don't be too plain.
5. Be capable of posting at least one every 4 or 5 days.
6. Romance, of course, is encouraged.
7. You can keep reservations for 48 hours.
8. Have fun dancing, guyz and galz.
9. Don't forget to subscribe to both the OOC and the IC.

Character Sheet

Code: Select all
[i]”(Answer why do you dance? Minimum is 2 sentences.)”[/i]
[right][img]Place Picture Here[/img][/right]
[b]Role: [/b] (Roles as shown on top)
[b]Full Name: [/b] (First and Last Name)
[b]Nickname: [/b] (Optional. If you choose not to have a nickname, delete this line)
[b]Age: [/b] (14 is the minimum age)
[b]Gender: [/b]
[b]Personality: [/b]
[b]Appearance: [/b] (Things that aren't in the picture, like tattoos, clothing style, etc.)
[b]Bio: [/b] (To β€œThe Crew” and the members in β€œThe Rivals”, you put in how their leaders noticed you)
[b]Dance Style: [/b] (β€œThe Dancer” and β€œThe Dancer's Best Friends”  has to put in jazz and ballet. You can also put in interpretive. Other roles have to do street styles (Breakdancing., Hip-Hop, Pop and Locking, Krump, etc.)
[b]Theme Song: [/b][url=PLACE URL HERE]Artist-Song Name[/url]
[b]Crew: [/b] (If apart of β€œthe crew”, β€œthe rivals”, or β€œThe Man in the Streets”. If rookie, just say β€œRookie”, if other roles, delete this line. If you are a leader of β€œThe Rival” or β€œThe Man in The Streets”, state that you are a leader)

If you are a leader of β€œThe Rivals”. β€œThe Man in the Streets” has to do this as well.
Code: Select all
[b]Name[/b]
[b]Logo: [/b] (Picture, or description of it)
[b]Description of Crew: [/b] (Dance Styles, gender-based, clothing style (colors, etc.))
[b]Their clubhouse: [/b] (The description of the clubhouse)
[b]Leader: [/b]
[b]Crew Theme Song: [/b]
Last edited by Jaybt9 on Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:14 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Jaybt9
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Re: I Live To Be a Dancer OOC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RaeRaeButterfly on Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:45 am

Save me The Dancer? Sheet up soon :)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

RaeRaeButterfly
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jaybt9 on Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:47 am

Oh, sure thing.

Jaybt9
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RaeRaeButterfly on Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:06 am

"I dance because it's the only thing I have in life that I am good at. It expresses who I am and dancing is my life. If you take it away from me I will surely crumble and have nothing left. When I dance, I feel like everything fits perfectly, like a puzzle. So if you interrupt me, that puzzle is broken. So leave me to dance, I'll be fine by myself."
Role: The Dancer
Full Name: Gemma Fenton
Nickname: Gem.
Personality:
Appearance: Gemma may be a dancer but she's short, only standing at five feet.
Bio:
Dance Style: Ballet and Jazz.
Theme Song: Taylor Swift ~ Mine
Crew:

editing :)

RaeRaeButterfly
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jaybt9 on Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:45 am

Cool. Just finish your profile and you will be good. Don't forget to subscribe.

Jaybt9
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jaybt9 on Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:35 am

"Many things motivate me to dance. One is those men who build too much courage, thinking that women won't step up to the floor. I'm here to stick a size 10 boot in his mouth. Two is my self-centered mother, who once told me that I had no future. She said that dancing wasn't going to pay bills, unless you were some floozy on a metal pole. Honest she was, and that same day I told her right back, and decided to move out the house to live my own life.”
Role: The Rivals (Leader)
Full Name: Celeste Howard
Nickname: "Coco"
Personality:
Appearance: (Things that aren't in the picture, like tattoos, clothing style, etc.)
Bio: Celeste was born in Atlanta, born to dance by a nurse mother, and a father who is a jazz dancer. At first Celeste did ballet as a child, having a dream to be a ballet dancer. Her mother, however, obliged as she hated dancing. She has this belief that females who dance will be strippers. Celeste became secretive of her ballet practices, telling her mother that she is a part of a tutoring class afterschool. Her mother became suspicious as she couldn't be with a tutor for years. At age 12, her mother found out about her ballet practices, and forced out of practices. Celeste, in turn, ran away from home, and lived with her father for the rest of her life, until she was 18, moving to New York to go to college.
Dance Style: Dirty South Hip Hop, and some acrobatics
Theme Song: Huey-Pop Lock and Drop It
Crew: The Nubians (Leader)

Name The Nubians
Logo: A Cleopatra-like picture with a hoop earring on her ear
Description of Crew: The all-girl group range from hip hop, dirty south hip hop, and even some breakdancing, but their acrobatics are mainly inspired by jazz. Their clothing style is both streets, with some provocation.
Their clubhouse: The short entrance to their clubhouse compares to an Egyptian wall in a burial ground; hieroglyphs and pictures of Egyptian queens.
Leader: Celeste "Coco" Howard
Crew Theme Song:

Jaybt9
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jaybt9 on Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:07 pm

To those who aren't familiar with the dance styles, I'll give you all examples:

Breakdancing
Electric Boogaloo (Apparently it's been said that "Pop N Lock" and "Electric Boogaloo" are quite different)
Pop N' Lock
Dirty South Hip Hop (My Favorite. Not really a "style", but many dances come from the dirty south, so I had to add this one.)
House Dancing
Vogue (Strike a pose. LOL)

More will be added

Jaybt9
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BeautifulTragedy16 on Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:37 am

Reserve me as the Dancer's best friend, please? Sheet will be up later.

BeautifulTragedy16
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Some1StoleMyCookie on Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:55 am

”I dance because I have to. It is the only way I can express myself and be who I really am. If I wouldn't be dancing, I wouldn't be really living.”
Role: The Rookie
Full Name: Jun Jones
Nickname:
Personality: Shy, (especially when it comes to girls) But if anybody asks him to dance he'll do it without question. Basically he's better at dancing than making conversation. Dancing is his passion, but unfortunately he isn't very confident about his skills.
Appearance: He always wears baggy clothes... Not too expensive so never any Karl Kani or anything...
Bio: Jun has been living in the same neighborhood all his life so all his friends live there. He was raised by just his mom and he had three sisters... Being the only guy in the house wasn't always easy, but he rarely got in any fights with his siblings. His sisters always supported him when it came to dancing, but his mother not so much. She just wants him to study hard and go to a regular college to learn a real subject. To her dancing only comes in the way of education. And so Jun studies really hard to keep her happy while dancing whevenever he can in between. His love for dancing started when he saw a Jackson 5 performance on TV. They were his expample up until he met his best friend and he introduced him to the hip hop scene. He has been developing his hip hop skills ever since.
Dance Style: Hip hop, krumpin', pop and lockin'
Theme Song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTUiQzhA0Go Jackson 5-I want you back
Last edited by Some1StoleMyCookie on Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Some1StoleMyCookie
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jaybt9 on Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:11 pm

@BeautifulTragedy16. Okay. I'll reserve one for you.

@Some1StoleMyCookie Yay! You can fix the url thing (Not what you really need to do, but that does look a little confusing). Either way, you are accepted.

Jaybt9
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Some1StoleMyCookie on Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:14 pm

I fixed it!

Some1StoleMyCookie
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BeautifulTragedy16 on Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:53 pm

"Dancing is my life. Without it, I wouldn't be complete.”
Role: Dancer's Best Friend.
Full Name: Candice Penelope Hart.
Nickname: Candy, Dana, or just Candice.
Personality: TO BE EDITED.
Appearance: TO BE EDITED.
Bio: TO BE EDITED.
Dance Style: Mostly ballet, but she does a little jazz.
Theme Song: [url=PLACE URL HERE]TO BE EDITED.[/url]

BeautifulTragedy16
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jaybt9 on Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:28 pm

Once you complete your profile. you'll be accepted. I already added you on the first post, so technically you already are accepted.

Jaybt9
Member for 15 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!