Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

From Desolation We Rise

From Desolation We Rise [ooc; OPEN]

a part of “From Desolation We Rise”, a fictional universe by KaiyaFierce.

A nuclear attack has ravaged America, leaving it's inhabitants insane or struggling to survive.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “From Desolation We Rise”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] From Desolation We Rise [ooc; OPEN]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cypher on Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:36 pm

Okay, that was a headbashingly-terrible delay. I'm dead sorry that I haven't been able to post, but I've been caught up in either a leadership conference or the work I missed in school while attending the leadership conference.

I'll have a legitimate post up soon, but consider this post my OFFICIAL return to the thread.
From the depths, I return!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Cypher
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FyreT1ger on Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:28 pm

I wonder if I'm going a little overboard, but Cat does have obsessive compulsive issues. If I want to scream, then I'm sure it's going overboard. I also think the rest of you would want to scream well before me, so please let me know before it comes to that.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

FyreT1ger
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Donated! Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KaiyaFierce on Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:48 pm

Sorrry that I haven't been around properly this week! It's a new school year and i've started my Alevels, so the workload is nuts ;) I'll get a post in this weekend though, promise!
In visions of the dark night
I have dreamed of joy departed-
But a waking dream of life and light
Hath left me broken-hearted.

KaiyaFierce
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KaiyaFierce on Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:17 pm

Posted! Sorry it isn't long but at least it's something :)

KaiyaFierce
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FyreT1ger on Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:31 pm

It's a fine post. Should be interesting to follow a story of escape attempts. Anyway I'm really posting to say that I'll be out of town this weekend.

FyreT1ger
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Donated! Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FyreT1ger on Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:29 am

This has been awful quiet for a while, and I have to figure out what Cat should do without getting too annoying.

FyreT1ger
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KaiyaFierce on Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:48 am

Yeah I've been wondering where people have got to D;

KaiyaFierce
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FyreT1ger on Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:21 pm

Well I posted, probably my longest post yet, and I have no idea what the reaction would be. I admit I'm a little worried though.

FyreT1ger
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cypher on Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:38 pm

I'm sorry; I've been swamped with work lately and there's no foreseeable end to it. I haven't given up on this RP or any others, I'm just extremely preoccupied! SORRY! D:

Cypher
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ironbrow on Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:37 am

Well, the last time Lashun posted was 19 days ago, so I'm kinda just sittin here scratching my head. I keep checking it every day with no new developments. I think the idea needs to get out there that writing less than four paragraphs is OK - I'd (personally) rather have more regular posting even if the posts are a bit short rather than waiting a week for a huge post.
You know what the first rule of flying is?

Love.
You can learn all the math in the 'verse...
But you take a boat in the air that you don't love...
She'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds.
Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down...
Tells you she's hurting before she keels.
Makes her a home.

Ironbrow
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KaiyaFierce on Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:27 am

Yeah I think a lot of people in the RP have had hectic lives lately, I know I have, so definitely don't worry too much about longer posts - as long as they're literate than that's fine :)

KaiyaFierce
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FyreT1ger on Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:29 am

Even after that was stated and almost everyone was here, according to the little blue ribbons on the corner of the avatars, there are still no new posts. I do admit my post was quite long, but Cat was doing a lot of stuff to get some movement going, and I still like my blue scaled guy.

I don't know if I would be allowed, but I wonder if I could make him into a pc. To do that, though, I'd need to get him a full character sheet, but I don't have a clue as to his history. If I'm not allowed, I should kill him quickly before I get too attached.

FyreT1ger
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cypher on Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:44 pm

I'm sorry; I'm still in a creative slump and I have a term paper that's now over three days overdue. (Short Version: My chances of a good grade are fucked but I'm doing it anyways)

Cypher
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FyreT1ger on Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:50 pm

Blech! Term papers. I never liked them myself, and was always doing them last minute. It gave me such a headache. I take online classes, which are in some ways easier and some ways harder. They're easier since I only have assignments once or twice a week, but they're harder when I don't get any direct feedback, and I have to pay close attention to deadlines. Online there's no excuse not to get the work done.

Anyway, in your last post, Cypher, Arborly was going to sleep and Cat moved on, so I wasn't really expecting much until he woke up. He is so annoyingly apathetic, but I guess he can't do much without his memories.

FyreT1ger
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lashun on Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:37 pm

I'm so sorry, you guys! Midterms are coming up and other stuff came up as well. I'm getting a post up ASAnow

Lashun
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FyreT1ger on Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:12 am

Wow! Then it's a good thing that Cat went to ask where the doctor was. It's not like anyone else woke up with a first aid kit on hand, like Arborly. If anyone else was a doctor in their former life, they wouldn't remember. So what is Will going to do? What will the boss do?

From now on, I'm calling Vaughn the boss. It's suitable, since it appears he'll be the only boss they ever see. That reminds me of the Shugo Chara anime series. The obvious villain was the director of Easter and his crony scientists, but he took orders from another person that you don't see until the last couple episodes. It's fun keeping the top guy unknown and could make for a great surprise ending.

FyreT1ger
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FyreT1ger on Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:22 pm

I don't want to be a bother, but what happened to everyone?

If you don't like my comment about the anime, I'm really sorry. This story is completely different from Shugo Chara. There aren't any nuclear weapons or end of the world scenarios, and it's generally aimed at kids so it's a lighter story in general. I was just using it as an example of a mysterious enemy. There are other stories with mysterious enemies too, but everything is mysterious to people without memories. I don't know of any stories with heroes, or antiheroes perhaps, that have no memories.

I might not have said or did anything wrong, but I'm a little worried that there hasn't been any new posts in over two weeks. When I was in a chat-based role-play some time ago, all the other characters suddenly hated or ignored my character with no reason, so I might overreact a little when people suddenly disappear. I'm sorry if I am overreacting.

FyreT1ger
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KaiyaFierce on Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:09 am

Oh Fyre it's fine! I promise you that at least on my part, I'm not ignoring you :') I think everybody has just become busy with different RPs and I've considered this to be a tad dead. Is anyone else still playing?

KaiyaFierce
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FyreT1ger on Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:29 am

Well according to Rpg's definition of role-plays it isn't dead. I consider it a slow-moving rp, which isn't a bad thing. It gives more time to build up the setting and characters. Maybe I should have had Cat finish her intent to ask Vaughn about a doctor. Skittish kitty results in nervous character. The real live cat I based her on is both skittish and demanding at the same time.

FyreT1ger
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cypher on Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:24 pm

I'm still involved with the RP, but I've been overwhelmed by schoolwork recently and as such my time on the computer has been limited. So I'm not out of the RP; I just have certain priorities that come first.

Cypher
Member for 14 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!