Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

From Desolation We Rise

From Desolation We Rise [ooc; OPEN]

a part of “From Desolation We Rise”, a fictional universe by KaiyaFierce.

A nuclear attack has ravaged America, leaving it's inhabitants insane or struggling to survive.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “From Desolation We Rise”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] From Desolation We Rise [ooc; OPEN]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vyral on Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:25 pm

Hope you don't mind Isaac choosing your character, Kaiya. I thought their equally antisocial ways could be amusing. :P

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Vyral
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cypher on Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:54 pm

Luckily there's an odd number of PCs, so...

Shotty on staying alone in the corner. :P

EDIT:
From the depths, I return!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Cypher
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FyreT1ger on Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:39 pm

There may be an odd number of PCs, but an even number posted intros so far. I think I might miss the blue-scaled flirt though. That is what he was doing and Cat didn't like it.

FyreT1ger
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Donated! Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cypher on Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:44 pm

I was just joking around, I don't mind trying to work with social interaction with a non-social character.

Cypher
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lashun on Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:38 pm

Wait a second... Geez I feel out of the loop..

Sorry for not being able to post, everyone. I almost finished a post last night and my computer decided to restart and update itself without warning. Then, RAGE QUIT.

So I'm trying my best to recollect the post..merp.

Lashun
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cypher on Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:52 pm

I'll have a post in the foreseeable future; but just as a heads-up:

Tuesday through Sunday next week (9/21-9/26), I will be attending a conference and WON'T be able to post anything worth the time, as I won't have access to a computer. Just warning you guys so when I fall off the grid, you know what happened to me.

Cypher
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KaiyaFierce on Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:34 am

No i'm glad you chose her! I have a thing for playing anti-social females :') This will make for interesting conversation.
In visions of the dark night
I have dreamed of joy departed-
But a waking dream of life and light
Hath left me broken-hearted.

KaiyaFierce
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cypher on Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:28 pm

Got a post up, finally. Let the awkward exchange of words and facial expressions begin.

Cypher
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ironbrow on Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:31 pm

Golden Giant FTW.

I like that nickname. I think Will would too, if he ever actually heard himself called that. He'd probably steal it and use it for himself in some shape, way, or form...
You know what the first rule of flying is?

Love.
You can learn all the math in the 'verse...
But you take a boat in the air that you don't love...
She'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds.
Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down...
Tells you she's hurting before she keels.
Makes her a home.

Ironbrow
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cypher on Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:21 pm

Like some kind of modern day scop.

Cypher
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KaiyaFierce on Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:20 am

I love how delightfully antisocial so many of the characters are :') It's good that we do have the nicer ones though or they'd never get anything done.

KaiyaFierce
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lashun on Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:37 am

I hope you guys aren't mad at me about my slow posting...

I finally have my schedule straightened out and stuff so I can set aside time for my internet (cause I can't function without it for too long .-.)

Lashun
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KaiyaFierce on Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:37 am

That's okay, don't worry about it :) We all get busy from time to time.

KaiyaFierce
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ironbrow on Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:57 pm

I just have way too much free time on my hands. And I procrastinate things I really shouldn't.

Ironbrow
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KaiyaFierce on Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:59 am

Same, I should really be writing an essay right now :')

Anyway I've been thinking about what happens when they actually get sent out into the field. Now they could of course all be put into one squad, which would keep them all together, but I was wondering if it might be more fun to split it into two? That way the posting rate won't have to be slowed down, plus the bonds betweeen the characters might grow stronger. Also, the idea of Maria ending up in a squad with your character Ironbrow would certainly have some interesting consequences ;)

Idk, what do you guys think?

KaiyaFierce
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ironbrow on Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:57 am

Two squads would be infinitely more entertaining, I think. And it'd leave the door open for other people to potentially join our little gang in the future as well, if you keep it open/open it up again. And yes, combining William with Maria would certainly lead to some cringe-worthy and interesting encounters! :D

Ironbrow
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lashun on Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:06 am

William and Maria would be great comic relief xD I'd love to see them bump heads.

Lashun
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FyreT1ger on Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:55 pm

In a destroyed world it would be good to laugh sometimes, but I think I like the idea of two squads also. We wouldn't want anyone to get in trouble for failing the mission because they're arguing among themselves, but telling them to stop arguing would be funny too. Ooohh, so tempting. For the sake of completing missions successfully, I vote two squads. For the sake of much butting heads and other fun stuff, but risking failing missions I'd vote one squad. I honestly do believe they would be killed if they fail, and I don't want my kitty to die right now.

If you do decide on two squads, please don't put all the most interesting ones in one squad. I personally want Isaac with Catalina, because I think he could bring some interesting internal tension in the mix. I'm not yet sure about how she would relate to the other characters. There is the problem of keeping him contained though.

My personal opinion is that Catalina would be a milder character, so mixing her with a loose cannon type of character would encourage a lot of character development. Would she remain a mild character or would she become more like a loose cannon herself? Would the loose cannon become more like her? I highly doubt that, but it's really up to the player. Whenever I do create a role-play character I always plan for change in that character, but since none of the role-plays I've been in have completed, I haven't arrived at that point. It's a shame really. Now I don't think I'll have problems with the posting you're asking for, Kaiya.

FyreT1ger
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Donated! Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vyral on Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:04 pm

I'm happy to be put with whomever. Although who that choice is will determine if he becomes more stable, or less stable - something that could enjoyable for us all, I hope =D. my vote would be... pairs. Failure in missions would be interesting, and it also encourages better character interaction, because people won't be lost among a group. My opinion, anyway.

Vyral
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FyreT1ger on Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:13 am

With only three or four PCs in a group, it doesn't seem like they would get lost. More than that increases the possibility though, and there could be smaller missions that only require two people. I highly doubt Vaughn or the general would let them go out on their own, because I think they want to keep everyone on a short leash. To do this, the pairs would most likely be either two mild characters or one mild character with one of the possible risks. If the powers that be want to maintain that control, they wouldn't want to pair two risks together.

FyreT1ger
Member for 15 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!