Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat β€” the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Sincerely, The Class of Hard Knocks (OOC)

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Sincerely, The Class of Hard Knocks (OOC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wei_Wuxian on Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:01 am

Well gotta inform ya that my internet has been disconnected. It wasn't mine to begin with it was my moms who passed away and so the company has to disconnect it so I will only be able to post when I'm at school/college. Just thought I should inform ya cause posting on a touchscreen phone is out of the question lol.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Wei_Wuxian
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Contributor Lifegiver Greeter Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jaybt9 on Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:05 am

β€œI look at myself in the mirror a lot. A 9 millimeter equipped in one hand. This is what power, honor and glory signifies. At least in my world. The world of domination. A world where your manhood is tested. You have to defend yourself in these streets. Like Malcolm X said, "If someone puts their hands on you make sure they never put their hands on anybody else again." ”
Name: Khoury Numair Sutton (sounds like "Cory")
Nickname: "Hellfire", "The Muslim's Son"
Role: The Gang Member's Rival
Classification/Grade: Student, Junior

Appearance: Standing 5'11", Khoury's figure compares more to the hard knock life. His figure seems more unique than usual athletes (Ironically, he isn't one). He barely has body hair, while his muscles obviously show. He as a slight tan, that makes him have an Ochre shade skin complexion, from staying outside so much. His curly short hair is the darkest brown; so dark that it looks black from afar. His eyes are somewhat scary, having dark brown irises. His clothing style is quite heavy, and occasionally he wears blue in variant shades, or sometimes black. He never wears red.

Personality: Khoury is known to be quite the unusual character. He occasionally sounds more philosophical than how the majority of high students sound. He may be a delinquent, but big words sometimes come out of his mouth; something that teachers don't expect. He may come off as careless of life, because he feels that there is nothing to live for, but success is what he also cares about. He is also quite a bright teenager for someone so dark and blue-blooded. His intelligence comes from his paternal grandfather, who had taught him quite a lot as a child. Even though he is in a gang, he is very individualistic, caring only for himself. He trusts no one. The reason is that he has never had the opportunity to do so. He is very confident, is usually one of the first to stand up and say something in the gang. He has an extreme dislike of

Background: He was born and raised in Compton, CA, by his father, Abdul (44). His mother, Eva, died at the age of 24 after a stroke concerning Arteriovenous malformation, or AVM, which she had been diagnosed with ever since she was born. Khoury was 1 at the time of her death. Most of Khoury's life had been devoted to both his father, and his paternal grandfather, Afraz (born James), who was a former Black Panther gang member, and activist. Philosophy was a big deal to him as a child, and it showed ever since he was in kindergarten. However, he was introduced to gang violence at that same grade level as well. He watched as a man had gotten killed when Khoury was walking from the bus top to his house. He would never forget that day when he saw the gangs in red.
However, his encounter with them came even closer as Khoury and his father were almost robbed by them, when Khoury was 9. From that point on, he hated that gang, who later discovered were named "Bloods". He spent most of his elementary school years defending himself from them. It heightened to a more serious hate, once he met Erica when he was 10. She was shot in a drive-by shooting, and he witnessed it.
Once he was in middle school, he soon discovered their rivals, "Crips", which he immediately wanted to be initiated in, and has remained there since.
Other: Besides him being a Crips gang member, he is also artistic. Graffiti is a big deal for him to illustrate expression. Besides his father and grandfather, he feels that Malcolm X is his role model.
Last edited by Jaybt9 on Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:12 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Jaybt9
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wei_Wuxian on Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:42 am

β€œThis world isn't ready for me. To be who I am you have to have seen what I've seen. Blood, gore, death. All in a matter of seconds, but it doesn't phase me, I'm immune. I stand there as if it's nothing, as if the life I just took meant nothing. Gun in one hand, blade in the other. Is this what true power feels like? Is this how I want to spend the rest of my life? I can't back out now, I'm too far in, but I know one thing, life is no fucking joke."
Name: Jontae Mitchel Johnson
Nickname: Mitch, "The Kings Kid", "Blade"
Role: The Gang Member
Classification/Grade: Junior
Appearance: Jontae wears baggy street clothes that are always coinciding with his shoes. He is constantly matching and sags rather low, most of the time having to be instructed by an official to pull up his pants. He wears a lot of hoodies and keeps a weapon on him at all times. He will only wear new items, nothing old or played out and is very choicy about what he wears. He is well groomed and takes good care of his body.

Aside from that, when in the streets he wears the color of his gang and the bandana associated with it.
Personality: Aside from his hardened exterior, inside is a kind hearted young man who sometimes regrets the decisions he makes but must go forth with them in order to please others. He's a singer at heart and writes poems in his spare time. He's very gentle but only with certain people. He will talk, but if it's not needed, then he won't open his mouth. Montrel was the first person he let in after his mother died and for some odd reason he continues to isolate himself from Montrel.

He is very intellectual, having never failed a test in his life, scoring normally high As and Bs. Though his past may be a bit murky, he still holds his head up high and still performs his duties without regard.
Background: He's the typical bad ass. He's been kicked out of every school he's ever been in. His father was part of a gang and when he was born, made sure that Jontae would be inducted into the gang. His father was one of the highest ranked in the gang and thus expected his son to take over his role whenever he departs. Jontae was born to Rena and Dontae Johnson. Though his father is incarcerated, he could recall the many times his father threatened to kill his mother or threatened to beat him if he didn't toughen up. Jontae's mother died of Lucemia his Freshmen year and thus he had to move in with his Grandmother.

His father knows about his sexuality but keeps it a secret and his grandmother supports him in all his various decisions, but Jontae often wonders if his mother approved of his sexuality. When he lost his mother, everything began to spiral downhill. His attitude changed towards his current boyfriend, Montrel, and things began to break down with the two. He began to lash out at his grandmother and at one time threatened to beat her if she said or did anything to provoke him.

He's become a ticking time bomb and was inducted into his father's gang shortly after. He's risen in rank hoping to soon takeover his father's old rank. The things he's had to do to get to where he is now is rather inconceivable, but he did them without blinking, without regret, without holding back, as if he was a heartless, soulless monster bent on carrying out the will of the gang. Conincidentally, the gang that Jontae belongs to just so happens to be the rival gang of Khoury Sutton.
Other: The On and Off Boyfriend of Montrel, so to speak...........

..........DONE!!!!!
Last edited by Wei_Wuxian on Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wei_Wuxian
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Contributor Lifegiver Greeter Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RideOnTechnology on Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:58 pm

Ooh, OOH! I will play Khoury, since he is an NPC, if that would be helpful. ^.^
-[RoT]

Zanza Labs RP <-- Warning: If you are sensitive to awesomeness or allergic to sheer fantastical greatness, proceed with caution.

RideOnTechnology
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jaybt9 on Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:50 pm

RideOnTechnology wrote:Ooh, OOH! I will play Khoury, since he is an NPC, if that would be helpful. ^.^
Sure you can. I'm editing the profile right now.

Jaybt9
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RideOnTechnology on Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:46 pm

Very cool, thanks. :D I like what you've done with him, too.

RideOnTechnology
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jaybt9 on Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:06 pm

RideOnTechnology wrote:Very cool, thanks. :D I like what you've done with him, too.
Thanks. His personality took some planning, and so did the image. It took me forever to look for one.

Jaybt9
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wei_Wuxian on Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:57 pm

Alright, I'm done with my character, He shall be introduced soon, probably tomorrow as I have a class to get to

Wei_Wuxian
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jaybt9 on Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:42 pm

Okay, Khoury's profile is completed. Finally! lol

Jaybt9
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wei_Wuxian on Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:40 pm

Yes he does look rather fragile, lol

Wei_Wuxian
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jaybt9 on Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:46 pm

Winds Of Fate wrote:Yes he does look rather fragile, lol
LOL

Jaybt9
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RideOnTechnology on Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:33 pm

Gah! I can't double post ;w; Someone post!! lol

RideOnTechnology
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jaybt9 on Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:17 pm

Sorry about that. I've been busy as hell. I'm posting a.s.a.p!!!!!!

Jaybt9
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ryu no Senshi on Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:28 pm

[img]http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t222/sabrebIade/ginacarano-mma.jpg][/img]
β€œThere aint no love on the streets for a thug like me, there is only the fight only blood sweat and tears and only a longing to escape this hell that is the streets. so i continue to wield these two fists for my self and for the broken dream i represent. i may be a warrior but i have the heart of a lover.”
Name: Raphaella Michaels
Nickname: Raph Or Angel
Role: Fighter ( if that is ok...if not i can change it im not sure if there can be more than one fighter )
Classification/Grade: Senior
Appearance: Athletic figure with long Brown hair, she normally wears a tank top or a hoodie
Personality: She's laid Back unless you get on her nerves. she wont hesitate to fight for what she believes in and will usually fight to kill
Background: Raph's reason for coming into the class was a final plea from Her parents. She comes from a Poor Low class family and she had to fight in order to get money and take care of her self and her family. she wasnt above fighting men or gangsters to get what she wanted. after a botched robbery her parents and little brother gave her a final Ultimatum: Go to school or Spend the rest of her life behind bars
Other:
Last edited by Ryu no Senshi on Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ryu no Senshi
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jaybt9 on Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:29 pm

OH yay! Another roleplayer. You are accepted.

BTW, You should have the picture up on here. Luckily, I got the link for you.

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t222/sabrebIade/ginacarano-mma.jpg

Just copy the link location and then paste it between the "[img]" text.

Jaybt9
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wei_Wuxian on Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:15 am

I am going to go ahead and have Montrel walk into the classroom and have Mitchel walk in after he does, that way we can get closer to the class officially starting.

WOOOO for DRAMA, lol.

Wei_Wuxian
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jaybt9 on Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:42 pm

Winds Of Fate wrote:I am going to go ahead and have Montrel walk into the classroom and have Mitchel walk in after he does, that way we can get closer to the class officially starting.

WOOOO for DRAMA, lol.

WOOOOOOOO!!!!!
LMAO

Jaybt9
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wei_Wuxian on Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:39 am

Agott love Spongebob and his androgynous behavior lol

Wei_Wuxian
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jaybt9 on Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:02 am

Winds Of Fate wrote:Agott love Spongebob and his androgynous behavior lol
LOL. I know right?

Jaybt9
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wei_Wuxian on Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:03 am

Alright, so where are we in the RP? Do you want me to go ahead and get Jontae aka Mitchel into the classroom or simply wait?

Wei_Wuxian
Member for 14 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!