Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Elementalists ~Those who supposedly vanished~

General Chat or Questions

a part of “Elementalists ~Those who supposedly vanished~”, a fictional universe by Bliss.

Two centuries ago in the Kingdom of Erris lived an odd group of people called Elementalists. Each of these people were granted one elemental power from the Great Spirit Oerilius. They supposedly all died out about two centuries ago. Or so humans thought..

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Elementalists ~Those who supposedly vanished~”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] General Chat or Questions

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bliss on Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:13 pm

Welcome Elementalists! This is the thread for general chat or if you have any questions to ask.
Last edited by Bliss on Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Bliss
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Elementalists ~Those who supposedly vanished~

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Orion Vryce on Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:43 pm

I'm interested in joining this RP, looks fun, but as of late i've been rather busy with life. I'm just wondering how often you want people to post and I don't want to join your RP and possibly hurt it beacuse I can't post as often as you would like.
Socrates once said........ To fear death, my friends, is only to think ourselves wise, without being wise: for it is to think that we know what we do not know. For anything that men can tell, death may be the greatest good that can happen to them: but they fear it as if they knew quite well that it was the greatest of evils. And what is this but that shameful ignorance of thinking that we know what we do not know?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Orion Vryce
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby silverclawedmouse on Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:30 pm

Hey Bliss. Some simple questions: What is the main nationality of the people in the story? Are there other 'nationalities' or is it primarily white, 'euro-ish' people? Also, is there slavery and if so, how do slaves become slaves and are some people more likely to become slaves than others? I'm assuming this is bow-and-sword time period, and if not can you explain? Are the classes your normal, run of the mill fantasy of king > nobles > merchants > artisans > farmers?

Also, I'm going to be submitting two characters, that way you can pick which one (or both :D) that you like best and would fit the story.

silverclawedmouse
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Completionist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bliss on Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:29 pm

Hey Silver. :3 Well since it's fantasy there is no primary nationality for a character, it can be whatever you'd like. Since the kingdom of Erris has lived in peace for centuries there really hasn't been slavery, maybe in some cases but whoever does become a slave would most likely have been a peasant and was captured by some upperclassmen against their will. And yes it is a bow-and-sword time period and the classes you named are essentially the main classes you'll find throughout the kingdom. BUT! As the plot comes in place with the Fire and Shadow Elementalists trying to take over, there will definitely be some slavery coming around soon. Depending on what cities, towns, and villages the opposing elementalists take over, since they have powers they can make the people (not any kind of people in particular because they're much stronger than humans) do whatever they want and make them turn into their slaves and work for them such as making weapons, food, money, etc. The Shadow Elementalists have a plan to overthrow the king and take over so things are going to get bad in the kingdom and there will definitely be slavery depending on how many cities the opposing elementalists capture. I'm going to be updating the plot soon on more info about this when I get the spare time. :P And you can have as many characters as you want.

Bliss
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] General Chat or Questions

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Moksha-Achieved on Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:41 pm

I have submitted my character. I hope everything is pleasurable :)

Moksha-Achieved
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bliss on Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:32 pm

Looks like roleplay will be starting soon!! :D I'll send everyone a PM for when it should be beginning. We just need some more characters. :P

Bliss
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mazikeen on Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:41 pm

Hey fellas, i'm wondering if anyone could throw some names at me for the Earthfriend Leader? He's from a long line of Falconer's and is lawful rather than practical. His default name is Druid.

Mazikeen
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Driananium on Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:42 am

So do most people live with the tribe or in the cities? Sorry I've missed this.

Driananium
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mazikeen on Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:08 am

A tribe is a group of people, a general association at best (descriptive-wise). Avila (the capital of the kingdom on the planet Erros) is close to a magical forest best described as a Deity of the Elements (or The Great Spirit Oerilius) that's protected by it, keeping any who aren't from the 6 tribes out.

The tribes have refuges, places under the grand cities sewers (assuming not IN the sewers) that each tribe has as a haven.

The Elementalists live lives of the mundane, amongst the people in secret. So, where an individual is housed is it's owners choice. I can understand the young and inexperienced being forced to live in a grove/haven, under the protective supervision of an elder (more experienced member of their tribe) until they're ready to contribute to the community.

I would presume that a tribe treats it's own as family (unless issues arise).

Peace out for now,
Maz

PS,
anyone with a name or two? I'm in a name-drought.

Mazikeen
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby silverclawedmouse on Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:06 am

Remember Mazi, the name came before the power. It doesn't have to be related to earth. His name should reflect the time period and the fantastical nature of the world. Perhaps, if his family is truely dedicated to their profession, his first name can relate to the sky or a bird (Crane, Ojai, Tarhe, Zamir, Sora), and his last name should simply be Falconer or Austringer to show his profession.

Hope that helps :)

silverclawedmouse
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Completionist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bliss on Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:31 pm

Haha Mazi is full of ideas :P But that is a good idea Mazi with the elders, I shall update the plot again soon then. ^^

Bliss
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby vamphyrewolf on Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:27 pm

Uh hey I posted a character. I was wondering if there was anything wrong with it since you haven't accepted it yet
"Drawing is part of the very breath I take. Writing is part of the reason I want to breath."

vamphyrewolf
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bliss on Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:57 pm

Sorry guys I was at a friends last night so I didn't get a chance to look at everyone's characters I'll update everything momentarily.

Bliss
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Driananium on Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:23 pm

Lol You dont have to apologize for having a life :P

Driananium
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VoidSun on Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:52 pm

If it´s not a problem I´ll wait until silverclawedmouse (can I call you silver claw? XD) post under the appearance of the fire leader, that way I´ll now where should my character be: with him, attacking other place, defending the fire tribe village, etc...
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ Ala Alba rocks!!! Bow---> m(_ _)m

VoidSun
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby silverclawedmouse on Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:13 pm

Alright VoidSun, I'll try to post tonight. Busy procrastinating on really important stuff, so we'll see :) Silver, Silverclawed, Mouse, whatever works for you.

silverclawedmouse
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bliss on Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:47 pm

No worries, I have our water elemental leader :P It's on a reserve now. Sorry for my late replies on everything, a little busy today but I just wanted to get the roleplay started.

Bliss
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bliss on Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:11 pm

Okay small issue, the website doesn't show characters in the roleplay on the character page past 18 characters. <-- That sounds really confusing.

ANYWHO! If everyone can just PM me their character and their position that would be lovely. That way I can put everyone on the intro page.

Bliss
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby silverclawedmouse on Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:15 pm

That really sucks, about the 18 characters thing :/ I like tabs because its so easy to organize, but I think it still has a few kinks to work out. And wow! I go to sew a bit, then watch Project Runway and I come back to 13 posts! Lets be careful not to leave people behind, but I hope this is a sign that the RP won't die anytime soon. :D

silverclawedmouse
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bliss on Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:28 pm

Yeah there's only 2 characters I think I'm missing on the intro page. Yeah, for now it's just everyone's intro, and I'm loving it! I just get excited reading everyone's posts. :P But I don't want to get too far ahead either because Mazi is still working on his character and he's the Earth Leader but he's almost done, and LovelyRose is taking the Water Leader role so we have to wait for that too. But yeah like VoidSun said to me before, I wanted to start it off a little before more people began to quit before the roleplay started. >.<

Bliss
Member for 14 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!