Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

The Darkness That Swallows You Whole

The Darkness That Swallows You Whole

a part of “The Darkness That Swallows You Whole”, a fictional universe by DaCookie.

A bloody, dark fantasy in which you are pitted against five other people in a fight for survival

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Darkness That Swallows You Whole”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] The Darkness That Swallows You Whole

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DaCookie on Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:48 am

In a desolate world there exists but just one evil God, he is all seeing and worshiped daily by ninety percent of the world.The world is predominately consumed by fear and sorrow and yin and yang is no where near balanced, shelter is rare and food even rarer.Greed at a first glance seems to be the way to go...the only way to get powerful, maybe even the only way to survive.But follow greed too much and it will ultimately consume you unless you are careful, they say the minute you lose control over the darkness it swallows you up.And we all know the saying, the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Trust thy instincts
Trust thy heart

"I'm your worst fear.
I'm your favorite.
I'm your acquired taste.
Will you savor it.
If it blood thirst will you run from it.
No need cause I'm inside of you.
When the sun is spit.
You cannot escape me I'm your last resort
When you have a evil you cannot report.
I'm your royal sunshine malicious and heartless.
If ever you need an alibi rely on me I am darkness."

Introduction

Welcome.You play as a character in this world who is fighting for survival, you start off as neutral but as the story progresses you will become more light or dark orientated.Staying neutral is no mans land for the most part.In this introduction I will relay to you almost nothing but the truth(Key word, almost).Anything besides this can be a complete and utter fabrication or pure truth, the only exception being simple rules which everyone must follow.Take what you will out of what you find.I advise you to read and re-read everything I write...there is hints in a lot of things including this, some are there for you to find purposely and snatch you in a trap, others are true information that will be beneficial to your survival.There will be five other characters besides my own, I essentially control all the npcs but my main will be a character called Reinheart.He will join you and help your characters out in the bid for survival, you can do what he says or you don't have to at all.Just remember, do not strike him down or you might regret it.Fortune favors the bold.

How stats work
SPD= Amount of turns in scenario you get(You will get 3 turns by default in a scenario.SPD divided by 2=extra turns.SPD also effects your ability to run from a fight initially.
INT= This effects what spells you can cast, they can range a lot and the spells will count as skills.Spells could include semi-camouflage going up to complete invisibility.(cannot be cast forever)Could also be spells like fireballs(About the same in POW but remember you must spend INT and skills to get these) or spells like opening locks etc.You can only know what spells you can get when you have the required INT.
POW= This effects your power, basically your strength for fighting, breaking things etc.

Example Scenarios

Im going to keep these example scenarios very very basic.This is an example of what you will face.

Three characters: Bob, Jim and Mary.

Bob decides to attack Jim with 0POW 2SPD 0INT.Jim has 2POW 0SPD 0INT, he cannot run so he decides to fight.Jim will get a +1(POW divided by 2) to his roll with max of 6 for both.

Bob gets a 6, Jim gets a 6, both draw.They will anonymously decide(by pming me) what they want to do.Essentially it will be a rock, paper, scissors game.Rock=stand ground, paper=run, scissors=fight, this game is not effected by stats, you can run away if your opponent chooses stand ground etc.Bob chooses fight, Jim chooses stand ground.Jim will get +1 to his roll, so now he will get a total of +2 to his roll.

Bob gets a 6
Jim gets a 3, which with +2 is 5

Bob kills Jim(evil act because it was not in self defense.Can be very evil in some circumstances eg purely for greed and nothing else)
Bob can steal his stuff(Evil act, but not that evil)
Bob can absorb his soul.This means he will steal a random stat from the other player(More evil than evil, but not chaotic evil)

Mary has the skill 'good eyesight level 1', she is also atop a hill in another area nearby so she sees everything happening, including what Bob takes.I pm her this information, if she is with someone she can 'whisper' them this information via pm.You can only 'whisper' people that are beside you/in your area.

New scenario

Same characters

Up north there is a castle,(2 turns to get there) west there is a bed in the middle of nowhere in a cold atmosphere, south there is a house, east there is a forest

Bob goes north and is exhausted, he knocks on the castle door(2 turns)Someone answers and gives him 5 items of food and lets him sleep there in a nice warm bed.He has 1 turn to spare but just stays where he is and eats one item of food.

Jim goes west and sleeps in the bed straight away.He will end this scenario cold and with no food or water or heat and will suffer consequences for this(sleeping means ending the scenario for yourself)

Mary waits there(1turn) she has the skill 'good eye sight' so she notices an apple west.She goes and gets the apple(1 turn) then she goes to the house and finds a bed and sleeps there.She will go hungry because she did not eat the apple, she will not get any consequences this scenario except being hungry so in the next scenario she will have halved SPD/POW until she eats the apple.

End of scenario

Some information:
-No food or water or shelter(Counts as heat USUALLY, use common sense) or heat at the end of the day?Bad, very bad.Let me give you a subtle hint: YOU COULD FREAKING DIE!
-You have 3 lives total, just be aware that I could change this to 2 if I think the game is too easy
-6 levels or stages
-Having no water is much worse than say no food, use common sense for other things
-There is hints even in the first paragraph I wrote
-All characters start in the same place, at least for the first stage anyway.
-Absorbing souls is an evil act in most circumstances
-Helping people is seen as a good act in most circumstances
-This RP is largely based on dice rolls done by me to make it fair.
-Three stats in this game: SPD(Speed, effects how fast you travel/run) INT(Intelligence, effects what level spells you can cast, damage spells are converted to the next stat) POW(Power, effects more or less your combat abilities/strength.
-It is announced to the other players when a person loses a life/dies, but you wont know who did it unless you see it
-You can lie to people in 'whispers' or in general rping if you want
-POW/SPD halved when hungry
-Use common sense for other things
-I could edit this in the future to help you guys out

Rules
1. No God modding
2. Use common sense
3. I am the GM, what I say goes
4. No raging if you die
5. Do not join if you will leave
6. Spelling and grammar please
7. Try not to contradict yourself
8. Post/pm any questions

THIS IS A WORK IN PROGRESS!If you help me to design this RP and make valuable contributions/suggestions I can guarantee you a place.I want to make this perfect before we begin and I need your help!

Thank you for reading this incomplete work :)
"See these revolvers
That's why they call us
The same reason the police ain't never caught us
I'm on another level words from a true rebel
I rock your ass and I ain't talking heavy"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

DaCookie
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Re: [OOC] The Darkness That Swallows You Whole

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DaCookie on Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:13 pm

No one posting cause just too lazy to contribute, no character sheet or it didn't interest you or what?Please tell me :*(

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

DaCookie
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Scaryguy on Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:17 pm

honestly it's probably the stats, i myself have no problem with it, also a character sheet would help

Scaryguy
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DaCookie on Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:19 am

Hello and thanks for your reply, it is annoying to me when no one gives any constructive criticism and I don't know why anyone joins.The fact someone rated your post 5 stars also means someone thought that and its not just you, I thank this person also.

The stats were a key point in this RP for it to be unique, I try to make all of my RPs unique in one way or another but it does not seem to work out as I don't attract the right crowd.There is no sort of 'special section' and your average person wants a generic RP...I knew this idea I had was to complex and when you put everything together it couldn't work, but I thought that with some good advice from someone else I could.Sadly no one has weighed in.I have another idea I will try, but this one seems like it went straight from cradle to grave.Alas another one on my list then so.

DaCookie
Member for 15 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!