Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Pokemon: Chosen

Pokémon: Chosen

a part of “Pokemon: Chosen”, a fictional universe by Vix.

(Open!) Band together with thirty-five others and embark on a quest that can save the world.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Pokemon: Chosen”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Pokémon: Chosen

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vix on Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:21 am

36 Pokémon trainers Chosen at birth.
Recognized as the Chosen Ones of an old Pokémon Prophecy. Meant to save and protect Pokémon with Legendary Pokémon as guides.

Will they live up to the Prophecy?
Or will they be beaten down, sending the world into chaos and eternal darkness?
Last edited by Vix on Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
◎!Check it out!◎
◎My Interest Check◎
“All I'm writing is just what I feel, that's all. I just keep it almost naked. And probably the words are so bland.”
― Jimi Hendrix

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Vix
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Greeter

Re: Pokémon: Chosen

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DarknessUndying on Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:50 am

Hey, can I reserve the male chosen for water? Suicune as his guide. And can you elaborate on catching pokémon of your type? Like, how you need to have achieved a friendship with another chosen or a pokémon of another type?
I guess that makes me the LUCKY one.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

DarknessUndying
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vix on Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:01 pm

Sure - And to catch Pokémon of another type, you'd have to become friends with the cooresponding Chosen.

Ex:
Your character can only capture water type Pokémon (secondary types included)
If he wanted to capture say...a Lucario he'd have to be friends with either a Steel or Fighting Chosen.

I think it encourages character interaction - But I'm thinking of limiting them to one type only.
Still in the Beta stage ^^;

Vix
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dudedude889 on Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:03 pm

DarknessUndying wrote:And can you elaborate on catching pokémon of your type? Like, how you need to have achieved a friendship with another chosen or a pokémon of another type?

Elab. please.

And can I reserve the chosen ice male, and fire female.
I...am mad!!! I do things for no point, no reason, nor do I try! Would it be called madness otherwise?

My thoughts go over expanses of mountains. I act stupid, dumb, just so people underestimate me. So no one overestimates nor estimates normally of me. I am 99% of a perfect being, that one per cent is lost to me not being a real...being.

dudedude889
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vix on Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:09 pm

I've edited it so Chosens may only capture their type.

Also - Yes. Reserved.

Vix
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby kuroi.sakura on Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:18 pm

Hi! May I reserve the ice female, please? She would have Articuno as her guide if that's alright.
Thank you so much! I love the plot for this rp, it's really fascinating!
As it's such a beautiful time, the colors shining iridescently,
To keep you from vanishing in the wind... I caught you.

kuroi.sakura
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DarknessUndying on Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:27 pm

Ah, that helps. Thanks. ^^

DarknessUndying
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby A u t o on Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:35 pm

Could I reserve the electric male, please? Raikou as his guide.

A u t o
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ceh12 on Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:38 pm

May I reserve phycic male please
ImageSam, could you be any cooler?
No, guess not.

ceh12
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Failkidd on Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:39 pm

Hey. May I reserve Normal for female and Fire for male, as well as one wild child slot? (crossing fingers for multiple characters)

I realize that you cannot catch a pokemon that doesn't match the trainers type, but what if you want them to pick up a starter pokemon at a lab? I would like the 'normal' character to have acquired a Tepig this way, if it's possible..

Failkidd
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vix on Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:50 pm

Reserved:
Ice female with Articuno
Electric male with Raikou
Psychic male
Normal female (also no. Pokémon type must correspond with trainer type)
Fire male

Note:
Starter Pokémon can be any Pokémon of your type in its first evolutionary stage.

Vix
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LawOfTheLand on Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:22 pm

Thirty-six players? I don't know your roleplaying history, but I have to warn you that anything over ten is absolutely massive, no matter how many co-GMs you recruit. When you get this many players, people leaving in disgust over having to wait weeks or months for their turns is a very real possibility.

I also have to ask how you'll be running the battles. I happen to have access to the full damage formula, and I'll just say that there is a very good reason this is a video game and not a pencil-and-paper affair. There is no easy answer for how to simplify the battle system for the use of a play-by-post format, but hopefully you've found a satisfactory compromise.

Also, regarding the chosen ones: Since you've already reserved Latias as the Dragon Chosen, I take this to mean that dual-typed legends can be bonded to either of the typed chosen ones--for example, Jirachi could find itself choosing either the Steel or Psychic representative. Please let me know if I've goofed on this.

LawOfTheLand
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Beta Tester Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Builder Donated! Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Bug Hunter Streamwatcher Maiden Voyager Recruiter Greeter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Property Buyer Salesman Concierge Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Failkidd on Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:39 pm

Uh, yeah, IDK about 36 players in a single game, but it's not a given that there will be that many trainers at a time(?). I was under the impression that we have a bunch of roles that are to be filled, and once a couple of spots are, then we're good to go. Considering that we're also going to have a shitload of pokemon on the teams, that's not a small number of names to remember. If that was the plot, i concur with QB personally.

I have another question regarding this 'guardian' thing you've got going on. Is it necessary to actually have them on the team? I'd like to reserve Entei and Meloetta for my characters, but I wouldn't really bother with having them out and around all the time. Doesn't sound particularly... stealthy.

Failkidd
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vix on Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:36 pm

Of course I don't expect 36 players.
I'm epic but not that epic - I'm looking for at least one player for each type or at least 36 characters (hence being allowed multiple characters) with no more than 12 players. Remaining slots will be NPCs.

Player × Player battles will be a work of collaboration. The players battling can choose the winner.

And you are correct regarding Dual Types.

You may reserve those two and the Legendaries don't have to be part of your team, but they won't be eligible for any battles except against Team Mystic.
And just because they are out does not mean they'll be in view or even nearby.
The rule of them being out still stands.

Vix
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sneakyrio on Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:59 am

I submitted dark male for your evaluation. He's......probably the darkest pokemon character in history.
Image[URL=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][/img]

Sneakyrio
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vix on Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:36 am

Nix the pokéthief and infamous criminal bit.

His personality and…"job" also make him ineligible for a Legendary and will most likely have him end up dead early on in the adventure.

Would it not suffice just to make an emo?

The idea for the Chosen Ones is to save Pokémon and become their guardians and protectors. A sadistic Pokémon hunter/thief is a bit contradictory to the reason for them being Chosen.

Right now, I'm unsure of whether to accept or not because the character is more Team Mystic than Chosen One.

Vix
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sneakyrio on Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:04 am

Yeah, I get where your coming from.

Though......just thought I'd mention, Darkrai is literally the only Dark Legendary that has been approved, so yeah.

I originally designed him for this other thing where he was a bad guy......so that would make a lot of sense.

I'll just remake him. Same back story, just him not being a criminal.......and maybe a genetic?

You can reject Raid, I'm gonna make a new guy.....still Dark type though.

*EDIT: Alright, made a new guy.

Sneakyrio
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vix on Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:19 am

Alright - Seven characters have been accepted already.

We've got a famous Breeder, famous Coordinator, famous Showman, famous Martial Artist, Gijinka, Fire type, and a Psychic.

Let's get posting!
(Feel free to already be a friend of Oliver or Miu)

Updates on Introduction are being made.

Vix
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vix on Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:14 pm

Introduction page - Updated!

Can't wait to get this rolling :)

Vix
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ceh12 on Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:14 pm

since everyone's taking a legendary could I take Lugia when it becomes available

ceh12
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!