Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

The Multiverse

The Labrynth

a part of “The Multiverse”, a fictional universe by RemÃĻus.

Where legends collide, warriors rise, and titans fall. This is a massive open world that you are free to explore and interact with; a sandbox for your characters.

Characters Settings Story
Where legends collide, warriors rise and titans fall. This is the general in character world, where your creations can rise to fame driven only by your imagination - this is the persistent world in which all characters exist. This whole forum is one big roleplay, with no specific rules or guidelines. If you want to create a roleplay in a single thread, this probably isn't where it needs to be.

Remember - this whole forum is one persistent world - your characters are free to move from topic to topic here with no restrictions.

The Labrynth

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Experiment 013 on Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:46 am

(before my post starts, I will say this this about the labrynth. There are countless ways it can be entered into, the ways only limited by your own imagination. Now you can leave the labrynth(officially) through two ways. One, is death so yes rp fights can be done in here or else, but no one move kills, so you need to figure the fight out with someone. Or you can be killed by traps in the labrynth. They are infinately common, and you can have food in here anytime you want simply by stating what you want. Secondly, the other way to leave here(again, officially) is to complete the labrynth, reach the end and pass the trials. (if you wish to reach them say it at the end of your post that you have reached the trials and the trials will begin. Also, need trial masters, so if you wish to apply for it in this forum, send me a message in private. and a thread has been started up for OOC chat here->http://www.roleplaygateway.com/the-labrynth-ooc-thread-t13841.html)

013 wandered about the woods, his slitted eyes flicking open and shut, each time shifting from one view to the next. Infared, to night vision, to regular vision, surveying every spot around him. His custom boots covering just his foot pads, allowing his 7 inch strong as steel claws to dig into the earth and propel him up the steep hill. Stopping at the crest he looks around for a moment, his powerful tail slowly swaying behind him, knocking the ocaisonal pesky bird backwards by a good fifty feet.
Finally deciding, 013 steps forward, not knowing there to be a deep slippery stone tunnel covered only by a few weak dead branches and leaves until he puts his full weight upon the spot. Falling down the tunnel rapidly he tries to grab a good grip on the slippery slime covered walls of the tunnel. He manages to stab the claws on his fingers and feet into the wall only to have the stones they stab into crumble free, preventing him from stopping with each try, while he speeds faster and faster down it as the tunnel steepens finally allowing him to be shot out the bottom to land in the not so soft, moss covered center arena of a 5,000 square mile labyrinth. The fall instantly knocking him out cold.
Last edited by Experiment 013 on Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Experiment 013
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter

Re: The Labrynth

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby knock on Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:11 pm

((This looks cool I'd join if I knew more of what it was about.
Those who think they know everything do not know that they do not know what they do not
know-Knock

98% of teens would die if Myspace died, if you are one of the 2% that would be laughing in their face, put this in your signature.

95% of teens listen to rap. If you are one of the 5% that listen to ROCK or METAL add this to your sig.

If Aeropastle told teens that it was cool to hold your breath and die 85% of teens would if you are one of the 2% that would be laughing in their faces add this to your sig

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

knock
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cohort Of Time on Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:50 pm

It was dark. It was night. But Yggelia was not asleep. How could she fall asleep with the touch of doom playing games with her mind. Yggelia's lungs wretched, making her choose to cough or die. So cough she did. Yggelia became nauseas, dizzy, her head was spinning around and around and around...

This was not the first time this had happened to her. This happened on a regular basis, symptoms being anywhere from pain to hallucinations to utter insanity. She was insane now. Again and again the voices played in her head. "Your doom awaits. We are the harbingers, we are death. We are life." Yggelia turned trying futilely to ignore the voices. "We are regret, we are resentment. We are doom, DOOM DOOOOM. We are life." Yggelia slammed her head against her pillow numerous times in an attempt to block the voices. "We come for you, we come today, we are dooooom. We are life."

But this time Yggelia felt a strange sensation, as if she was falling, falling into an abyss. At least, she thought it wa an abyss until she crashed into the ground. Looking out, she saw the labyrinth. She did not know what it was. "Another hallucination" Yggelia said, smiling wryly.

Cohort Of Time
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby the Nature Alchemist on Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:32 am

Rayen was walking through the forest as dark was falling when he saw a ghost like shape a couple feet away from him.
"hey do you know were we are at?" he ask. "yes" it answered in a snake like tone. "well then were are we?" retorted Rayen. "at the end for your life" said the ghost as it came running at him. clapping his hands together as he reached for the ground. blue lighting shot up from the ground as Rayen pulled a spear up from the ground. as it jump on Rayen
it hit the blunt end of the spear knocking it backwards. as Rayen jumped back he did not realize thay were on a ledge.
then the ground fell from beneath his feet. "uggg" Rayen said after getting up."O crap were am i" looking around all he saw was walls. "I need to get out of here" Rayen thought to him self as started walking down a narrow hallway .

the Nature Alchemist
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shinypolitoed on Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:18 am

Bit-31 was absolutely confused. "Running Diagnosis... error. This place is unfamiliar. And... WEIRD!" Deciding to take a look around, Bit began to move forward...

Until some neon-blue puffball-looking thing with a purple hat pushed him to the side. "What the-" The neon-blue puffball thing helped him up. "Man, do you have a CLUE what you almost ran into? That fire trap would have killed you! And that would have been UNCOOL." Bit was now even more confused. "Who are YOU?" "You can call me Slick. I just ended up in here for no reason a few weeks ago." "Bit-31. Do you know how we could possibly escape?" "There's these trials at the end. If we can reach them, we could get out of this place. That would be cool, but I can't do it with just this Yo-Yo..." "Then you've found the right robot. Slick, let's get out of this place together!"

Shinypolitoed
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby djbombs on Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:04 pm

He was crying tonight, as he cried every night. The tears slid down the curves of his face to rest a moment on his chin before departing and soaking into his shirt.

"They don't love you... nobody does... nobody... loves me..." his mind screamed at him in a voice unlike his own. "They won't hesitate to turn on you.... to sacrifice you.... use you." A picture of his mom telling him a bed-time story came to his mind briefly, but was then swept away in a wave of rage.

He threw his head back and moaned a long a painful sound of horror. The tears wouldn't stop coming. Wet spots had formed in his shirt and were cold to the touch. They went unnoticed as the body they chilled shuddered and shook violently. The bed he was on was trashed, the blanket fleeing to the floor and the pillows soaked worse than his shirt.

He knew that he didn't need this: the pain, feeling sorry for himself, the tears. He knew it was all just the weakness in his heart giving way to the emotions that cursed him from birth. He knew that crying did nothing for him but show how fragile he was. He knew that there was nothing good to come of this, but he couldn't stop himself. The pain was there, and it had gotten the best of him, just like it did every night.

First the loneliness, then the pain, then the hatred. It was a cycle he was taken through every day. It was a maze to which there were no exits visible and only sorrow waiting around every bend. It was hopeless to fight it, there was just no strength left in his heart.

"Listen."

It came all around him, the voice, and it startled him, ceasing his sobs instantly.

"Listen to me, my child, for I know your pain. I know your hatred and sorrow. I know you."

He couldn't pinpoint a source of the voice except for maybe the air around him. He was so confused, and even slightly terrified. Yet at that same time he felt comforted because he was no longer alone.

"I am listening." he said aloud in a quivering voice that exposed a pathetic feebleness.

"I am here for you. I will guide you. I will show you what you can do with your hate."

As he heard this questions spawned everywhere in his mind and confusion took the place of all emotion he'd had moments before. He wanted to ask who it was that was talking to him. He wanted to call out and be comforted more by this voice. The questions rolled around in his mind until he found the one he'd ask first, but before he had the chance to ask, his surroundings vanished. The bed beneath him was gone, as were the pillows he'd recently buried his face into, and the blanket slithering off his bed onto the floor. All that remained was darkness.

Then the darkness began to take shape and color and within a few moments he found himself in a new place. He was alone again, that was for sure, and all that surrounded him were brown walls, green slime oozing from unseen crevices. In front of him was a pathway that went forward several meters and curved right.

He picked himself up off his knees and wiped the moisture from his face. He looked at the floor and the walls around him and decided it was best not to touch the slime covering the walls. He was overwhelmed by emotion and a new fear was clutching his gut. He knew nothing of the place in which he found himself, except that he must go forward. At that moment it was the only thing in the world that was clear to him. And so, he took a step forward.

(OOC: Now THAT is how you make an entrance to an RP!)

djbombs
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shinypolitoed on Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:18 pm

"So, you can copy an enemy's powers by... ingesting them?" "Yeah. It's a thing we can do. Kind of cool." "Inde-" Bit jumped over a spinning blade. "Indeed it is." "So... what do you do?" "Me? I am able to use a built-in Omniscanner to copy the molecular structure of an object, and in some cases, using it much the same way you use your powers. Omniscans, however, take a lot of time and it is not practical to Omniscan during combat. For this reason, I can download 2 sets of data that I can switch between at will." "That's pretty sweet. We may be able to escape with that kind of power!"

Slick heard something coming behind them. Then his eyes grew wide. "Man, this is uncool." "What's uncool?" "I just forgot. There's a huge trap here that sends a boulder rolling down the tunnel!" Slick and Bit began to run as fast as their legs could carry them. Finding an alcove, they turned, escaping the boulder. While they caught their breath, Slick gasped, "Yeah, these traps are everywhere. We have to be careful."

Shinypolitoed
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cohort Of Time on Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:40 pm

Yggelia stared at the "hallucination." She willed it to be gone. Be gone, be gone, be GONE, she repeated in her mind over and over. She was sure it was a hallucination, she had no doubt. That's how it always happened : She'd hear the voices, go insane in her agony, and as the voices would continue to torment her, she would "fall" into a state of hallucination where she would see anything from ghouls to death to memories. Yggelia was confused, however. For this seemed... different. She saw no people yet, she saw no symbols. Just slime covered walls and a dusty floor.

She took a few steps and then put her hand on the slime-covered wall. She withdrew her hand and watched the slime run off her hand. Yggelia didn't know why she did this, because things were very much real in her hallucinations as well. Maybe she just did it on impulse. She shook her hand in slight irritation to get the slime off of it. Taking more steps forward, Yggelia wished she was wearing sneakers. Hallucination or not, dirt was getting into her sandals and that was not a pleasant feeling. In the distance, Yggelia saw something. She went forward and she noticed several figures in a room-like structure. She approached them. One was a purple man with pointed ears and a black cape. The other was white, it was glowing and wore a red cape.

The figures offered their hands for a handshake and this is what they said:

The white figure smiled and said, "I am doom."

The dark figure frowned quizically and murmurred, "I am life."

Yggelia looked at the two. This had never happened in any of her hallucinations before. Yggelia thought back to the voices she always heard. "We are the harbingers. We are doom. We are life." That was just one of the many many things the voices whispered to her on a regular basis. She heard no voices now. She saw only hands offered in a kind gesture. Not knowing if she should choose one first and then the other, or just choose one, Yggelia grabbed both hands with her two hands and shook them both at the same time.

The white one smiled, the dark one frowned. "Welcome." They both said at the same time.

Cohort Of Time
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Experiment 013 on Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:07 pm

013 rushed down the particuarly long pathway, taking the chance to get himself up to full running speed before launching himself into the air as high as he could to slam his foot into the wall, propelling him higher into the air along the path. Using his tail as a rudder in the air he manages to grasp the top of the 30ft high walls and pull himself up partway before his form becomes rigid as thousands of volts of electricity course through his form until he drops to the floor below. His fall broken by some sort of puff ball and a robot. Saving him from deaths embrace. Getting up he mutters to himself, his slitted pupils darting back and forth as he tries to figure out another way over the wall. Paying no attention to anything or anyone else, his form automaticly reacting to the blades and other traps along his path allowing him to move about with ease and without harm.

A short time later he arrives at dead end facing the center of the labrynth. Growling he curls his fingers into a fist and slams it into the wall infront of him, only succeeding in splattering himself with slime and dislocating two of his three fingers. Shaking his hand he pops the fingers back into place and notices the slimbe seeping out of a door like shape in the wall. His reptillian mouth rises up into a smirk as he begins digging his claws into the crack around the door.

Experiment 013
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter

Something wicked this way comes ...

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AzricanRepublic on Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:23 pm

"Get up ya' slacks"

When the first Delian ever sets foot into the outside world, studies have shown, that he quickly finds something. Picks up that something, then throttles it between it's two meaty, pale hands. This was how the Skarr Society functioned; brutal, no? The first Delian squad had erupted from the ground some time days before, hell bent on finding sustenance for the horde that subsided within the bowls of the planet. Part of a massive group that took to the surface, the Skarr had begun it's offensive on the helpless planet. Over the course of a day hundreds of thousands had erupted from their tomb underground, weapons blazing in hellish inferno's as the Skarr began it's stereotypical process of complete assimilation; devouring all that stood in it's path.

The Lichen's swept forward first, one Archer giving a soft grunt as his lesser counterparts; armed with nothing more than a single "Slugger" shotgun and a blunt "Lobo" tool moved up through the maze that they had emerged into.
"Get th' Laggoys up fir'. I wan' thi' place clean." The Archer commanded, his thickened, guttural voice barked out the fragmented words. Long ago this Archer had been a normal human; before he fell into the Skarr's hands. Now, he was an Archer. A commander of Delians and a powerful tool to be used by the Society.
"Und'rstood." The primary Lichen shook his head in affirmation, turned, and bustled down the pathway. The powerful Lichen's bulky frame covered scantily by the common plate-like armor that Delian's and Drone's were usually equipped with. This mattered little, however, what a Lichen possessed was brute strength and the want to tear apart the enemy. This would serve them greatly if any resistance proved to be to stiffened once the Kontrol decided to step up the assault on this pathetic planet.
"Fack ... Thurs' a facking dor'!" The bitter voice rang, a Lichen. Several pounding sounds reverberated through the maze seconds later, and the Archer turned backwards to face the four Delian's that stood beside the port-hole that lead into the Travel-Network.
"The facking Lichens." One Delian offered quietly, the clammy hands warping around the cold, fused steel of the Donner assault rifle he held in his hands. The chunky 13.6 millimeter shell the weapon fired was capable of tearing off a human army, extremely deadly. The Drone's loved it, prided it, made it holy. It was what killed the enemy. Painfully.
"Theh' facked shits' up. Get movinh' nao'." The Archer grunted, moving his arm to aim down the pathway. The Delian's responded with a huff, a sigh, and a guttural growl, then moved along their way.

"D'awwww sht'. We hit fuhking' dor'." The Lichen growled angrily, the Slugger shotgun gripped tightly by one hand along the pump as the three Lichen's stared blankly at the door.
"Where the fack the Delians?" Another gurgled, as he spoke, the first of the four Delians trudged along down the path toward the Lichens. The chunky, bulky bodies of the Delians swaying in unison as the hive-minded group strolled down the path. Though the Delian structure was more or less human, they often stood a clear foot taller, mainly anywhere from 6 to 6'5; however, the Lichens were massive beasts of their own. Outweighing the Delian's by nearly one hundred pounds.
"Facking Lichens. It's a facking door. Yu' stupit' shts' can't do a thing." The first Delian yelled bitterly.
"Forget th' Lichens. Just op'n the facking door so we get fack farther in." Another barked.
"You jus' want us bust dor' down?" A Lichen asked, his Slugger shotgun beginning to sling over his shoulder.
"Do it." Was the response. The Lichen nodded and gripped the handle of the blockade.
"Hold shotg'n. Please."

Attention to all who come in contact with the Skarr; Friendly UCON warning. Engage URF-Code. UCON-Skarr Hive Bestiary can be located here. Good luck.

AzricanRepublic
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy Visual Appeal Group Theory Person of Interest Salesman

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Uchiha Min-no-ko on Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:57 pm

Alice groaned as she opened her eyes, attempting to roll to the side before she realized she was stuck under a heavy root of some kind. Twisting her head, she could make out the shadowy stones of an old wall. Scrunching up like that hurt though, so she relaxed, looking up at what were probably the leaves of a tree. She couldn't tell though; it was shadowy and dark.
The world faded back into a dream of silver and white.

Something cracked in over the ground, and her eyes snapped open. Somehow in her sleep she had slid further under the roots of the tree, so they were wrapped around her throat, and she reached up, shoving her hands up past her head so she could heave herself out. There was another cracking sound, closer this time, and she flattened herself against the bark to peer down the open lane, watching with wide eyes as squat creature ambled down over the stones, each foot digging into the rock with roots. It saw her as she saw it, and it smiled, revealing toothless gums and a thick forked tongue.

"Fee, fi, fo, fum. . ." it said teasingly, walking past her, "I smell the blood of an english one."

She watched as it walked on, cracking through the stone and cackling.

Uchiha Min-no-ko
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Truebirdman on Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:54 pm

He listened half heartedly as the man in the black suit talked, o how he loved to talk, but it didn't matter he always paid well for the assassins service. "ARE YOU LISTENING TO ME!!!!" The man yelled, the veins in his neck looking if they were about to separate from his neck.

Hunter turned, no one ever talked to the assassin like that. The assassin had his sword out and against the fat man's neck before anyone even knew what was going on. As his empty gaze drifted around the room he noticed all the body guards sliding their swords back into their scabbards. His gaze finally settled on the big man and he could already see the sweat droplets sliding down over his sword. He removed his sword from the man's neck and turned to head out the door. Stopping near the door he looked back and said, "It will be double what your offering me." Walking through he entered the crowded streets of the city. He continued down dark streets not paying attention for all knew who he was, but few would challenge him. Heading towards the large wall that surrounded the rich part of the city from the poor section. He came to the wall and took of his long over coat to reveal the bird like wings on his back.

What an irony he thought to him self for anyone who would glance at him now would think he was an angel. But all who knew him better know him as the angel of death. He leaped into the air and let his wings carry him up to the top of the great wall. No guards were present so he continued his flight towards the center where the great wizard's tower stood. Not many things in the world could compare to the sheer beauty of it, but to the assassin it was just another building. He landed in the court yard, again no guards now the assassin felt something was wrong, but he wanted his pay. He slipped into the tower and continued following it to the top staying in the shadows, but the lack of anybody started to weigh heavy on his conciseness. He came to a big hall near the top, but stopped half way to the other side he knew something was wrong turning to the head back he watched as the large oak door slammed shut. Standing next to the closed door was his target the most powerful wizard in the city.

"Welcome to my home, Hunter." The wizard said smiling through his pearly white teeth. Then the wizard started muttering something under his breath. The assassin took off hoping to get the killing blow in before the completion of the spell, but as he drew near he felt himself being pulled in multiple directions. His skin was stretching and he felt his breath catching in his throat. Everything around him warped and then he saw stone walls coming up and past him. Then everything went black.

Truebirdman
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chulance on Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:14 pm

Ben slowly opened his eyes he didn't remeber exactly remember what was going on but he did remember he had somehow being knocked out. He began to rub his head were he felt a slight bruise. He yawned he didn't know what time it was but it didn't matter he had to get moving he had not the slightest clue were he was. He began to remember what was going on he was simply walking around like usual getting some exercise but than something went horribly wrong.

He stepped onto sort of trap door and he began plummeting before he could react he crashed into the ground. He had entered some sort of tunnel it was dark and the air was cold. He stood up his eyes were now open and he was fully alert. He reached in his pocket taking out a small orb and he clicked a green button and set the orb down on the ground. In a flash it turned into his trusty hoverboard. He leaped on the hoverboard and he began flying forward searching for an exit when suddenly blades were sent flying at him from the ceiling.He leaped off his hoverbaord as multiple blades impaled his board. He landed on the cold floor seeing his board crash into the ground this place was dangerous.
Have you ever dreamed of being extraordinary, being able to wield a super-human ability? Tissue Regeneration, Teleportation, Electricity Manipulation? What If I told you could, the way to obtain these abilities is simple. Click the Links.
OOC:http://www.roleplaygateway.com/heroes-heroes-villains-t29924.html
IC:http://www.roleplaygateway.com/heroes-heroes-villains-t29956.html

Chulance
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!