Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

City of Exiles

a topic in The Multiverse (Persistent World), a part of the RPG forum.

Where legends collide, warriors rise and titans fall. This is the general in character world, where your creations can rise to fame driven only by your imagination - this is the persistent world in which all characters exist. This whole forum is one big roleplay, with no specific rules or guidelines. If you want to create a roleplay in a single thread, this probably isn't where it needs to be.

Remember - this whole forum is one persistent world - your characters are free to move from topic to topic here with no restrictions.

City of Exiles

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Falseglory on Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:32 am

Amidst the constant war between the elves and humans lies a city where any race, religion, or creed can seek refuge.
Since the war broke out the city of Ereptus stands as a neutral territory.
Set upon an open wasteland, with the Forests of Dankmoore a full mile in either direction, the city stands alone. A tall, crumbling testament to the horrors of humanity...
However, the city and its inhabitants payed the price for being so open to travellers. Crimelords, thieves, and mercenaries stalk the streets by day, and assassins, prostitutes, and drunks by night.The changes came slowly, and by the time anyone really began to notice, it was too late.
The ruler of the citys King Pravus, takes no action against this villainy for fear of his office and his life.
The guards are equally as corrupt, taking bribes, and neglecting the citizenry. The only thing that keeps people going is the thought of the next drink,smoke, or the next kill.

And in a land where the voice of the gods is all to real, Ereptus has caught the attention of Oscura, Lord of Chaos, Disorder, and Madness.
He can directly act through the bodies of certain individuals(known as Divines) and do whatever he pleases.

Through the ravaged lands, a group of travellers find themselves nearing the gates of the infamous city. Each travel for their own agenda, but still travelling as one group.

Okay, no signups, no character sheets, and no limit to the amount of people.
I'd like, however, to keep the main party to a maximum of 6, minimum of 3, people.
No godmodding, no instanthits(i think thats what they're called) and no anything else thts normally not allowed.

You can be pretty much anyone in the city except the following:The King, or Oscura. Ask me first(via pm) if you want to be a divine.
You can make up your own gods, religions, foreign countries, and races. Magic is known by very little people.VERY little people.
Don't go uber-fancy on races(i.e. wings, horns, tail, claws, 8foot tall, breathes fire, and can mutate all in the same character.

Jump in whenever you feel like.

And last, but not least, have fun!

Walking down the trail with the others was not a task Vexair necesarily enjoyed doing. It's not that he couldn't make his way to Ereptus on his own, cause he could. And it's not that he really liked the company of other people, cause he didn't. He wasn't quite sure why he agreed to be dragged along in the first place, but he had to live with it either way.
It was a surprise, really, that most of the travellers even accepted him in their caravan. Being a dark elf was a risky buisness, even being so close to the neutral city of Ereptus. Especially being so close, in fact. Dark elves are often feared, rather than respected, by most races of Mortus(the world.) They were seen as ruthless killers, and mysterious people.
Of course, living underground, having pure ebony skin, and a knack for assassinating people without much provocation probably fueled the tales.

However, Vexair was not like that. After being touched by the ashes of a vampire in one of many dark elf raids, he was forever shunned by his people. So naturally, it was either Ereptus, death, or wandering for the rest of eternity(literally.)
Ereptus seemed like a good choice to him.
Checking his two adamantium swords on his waist, like he always does, Vexair(pronounced Veks-eye-air) continued walking the long path of the Darkmoore Forest.
The only sound being the silent footsteps of him and his companions, and the occasional crow overhead.
I am Andrew Ryan, and I'm here to ask you a question.
Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow?
'No!' says the man in Washington, 'It belongs to the poor.'
'No!' says the man in the Vatican, 'It belongs to God.'
'No!' says the man in Moscow, 'It belongs to everyone.'
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock-

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Falseglory
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: City of Exiles

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Piggytheunicorn on Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:20 pm

((OOC: dadaaa.))

The once-a-moon hangover was never anything Lare enjoyed. If the waking up naked and unprotected in the middle of the scrubland wasn't bad enough, there was always the splitting headache and the rush to dig up her things before anyone else found them. Then, with that ordeal over, she had the supply problem and the gang problem facing her.
And so she woke in this vulnerable position. She rolled over and sniffed the air. Through the tangle of smells - elves, humans, leaves, sand - she swiftly located the spot where her pack was buried and crawled over to it, pushed away the soft earth with her hands and retrieved her clothes and possessions.
She didn't look remarkable at all; just a scrawny human female with tattered clothes and dark circles around her eyes. She rummaged around in her pack and chewed on some jana leaves to ease her headache, grimacing at the bitter taste.

Suddenly, a new scent wafted over to her. Elves: a group of them. They were probably heading for the city, but Lare knew it wouldn't do to get mixed up with anyone she didn't need to. Keeping low, she loped a few paces through the brush and tried to make out their location, but a hidden snare (most probably set to catch some small animal) caught her foot from behind. She cried out before she could stifle it and yanked herself free, but she knew she'd been heard. She snarled with frustration, this was not turning out to be a good day.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Piggytheunicorn
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lorna1 on Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:41 am

Elijah was keeping an eye on everyone and bringing up the rear. He was the only one with a horse so that made more sense. The journey had been peaceful so far, he'd always been against war of any sort, though he was no coward, it was just that the quest for peace interested him more than fighting over nothing. He was a mid-wizard, not young but certainly not as old as most of them, often mistaken for a human he'd been attacked a few times in this realm already, though he'd managed to thwart his enemies and not kill anyone as yet. With a strong desire to return to his true home, he'd tried every magickal spell he could think of but without success, and so Ereptus seemed to be a place of refuge till he could devise a way to open a portal. He caught up with Vexair who was walking a few yards behind. "I say.. you're one of the dark elves..." He began. "I do apologise for being abrupt its just that... I meant to say something when you joined the group... I didn't have a chance to... my name is Elijah Levi DeCourt Rosmont..."

Just as he began to talk to the dark elf he heard a sound and looked up, there was someone watching them.. he thought he caught a sight of something or someone but he could not be sure... "Wait.. did you hear that?"
Got a whole lotta love...

Long Live Led Zeppelin... YAHOOOO!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxm-4AwtB5w

Lorna1
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Falseglory on Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:39 pm

(OOC:Really, can i keep this alive?)

Vexair watched as the figure on the horse slowed to a pace matching his.
"My name is Elijah Levi DeCourt Rosmont..."
Wow, what a title he has, and the hesitancy he heard in his voice, the way he half-whispered dark elf...either he was interested or afraid.

But, just then, a full second before Elijah said anything, he heard a small howl off in the distance.
Turning his head toward the noise, he snapped his scimitars into his hands, hoping that the rest of his travelling "companions" got the hint that something possibly dangerous was about to happen.

"Well, this may not be the proper time or place for introductions just yet, Elijah." he said calmly.
"Seems we have something around here.. ."

Falseglory
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!