Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Bad Drivers: What's the penalty?

a topic in Discussion & Debate, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderators: dealing with it, Ambassadors

Talk about philosophy, politics, news & current events, or any other subject you're interested in!

Bad Drivers: What's the penalty?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Akita on Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:06 pm

Okay, guys....So after talking to a couple friends at my school and some people from the site and such, I've noticed a lot of people who have gotten into accidents recently. This could be because a lot of different reasons....

According to an article I found on Sixwise.com, the six most common causes of car accidents are:

-Distracted drivers
-Driver fatigue (being tired)
-DRUNK DRIVING (given)
-Speeding (given)
-Aggresive driving (given)
-Weather

Now... What this topic is about, is, what are other causes of car accidents? Have you ever been in an accident? Would you be comfortable sharing your story(ies)? If so, please do.

Do you think that drivers who text or talk on the phone should be ticketed? These are two of the BIGGEST distractors!!!!

We already have a seatbelt law (at least in FL)...so why don't we have a no texting/talking law?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Akita
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Contributor Greeter Lifegiver Person of Interest

Re: Bad Drivers: What's the penalty?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Queen of Ice on Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:19 pm

We have a no cell phone law here (though it doesn't stop anyone lol). Ya, I think people should definitely be punished more for inappropriate driving. I mean, it's risking other people's lives by getting in your car and acting like a moron; it's not fair to everyone else that they should have to be in danger when one person is being irresponsible.
<3

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Queen of Ice
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Paradigm on Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:13 pm

They need to take it more seriously. It's just stupid to let someone get off easy for putting other peoples lives at risk because they find it more important to read a text message about something (probably) completely unimportant.

Paradigm
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Akita on Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:31 pm

You know what's interesting....This morning I heard on the radio that a girl in my city had gone to the hospital because she was in a wreck. The reason why: TEXTING! The radio basically said "No text message is worth dying over. If you're in the car, put your phone on silent and don't touch it. Wait to read your texts because you could be next!"

And then came this whole story about the girl who was hospitalized because of a text message. The reporters on the radio even claimed that the text message read "Okay see you at school." and that it was not an important one, let alone, she was reading it while she was on her way to school. She must've been a young girl, considering it was a high school student.

It's very sad to hear about these things, especially when it's an every day occurrence. Just last week I watched someone get pulled over for speeding. They were also texting AND it was raining....Stupid people these days. That person's lucky they didn't cause an accident!!!

I honestly think that there should be a no-cell phone law in my state as well. And the cops here WILL enforce it. If they catch anyone without a seat belt, bam, ticket.

Akita
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Contributor Greeter Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aniihya on Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:24 am

Here in Germany, we have loose laws about speeding but its 5 Euros fine for not wearing a seatbelt. Its 25 Euros for driving with defect headlights. 30 Euros for driving 20 km/h too fast on a public road. But half of the autobahns have no speed limits meaning I normally drive 220 km/h on the autobahn or about 130 or 140 mph. Some people are afraid to ride with me because I drive aggressive because I can without having an accident while many people my age overestimate themselves. I have never had any accident and my best friends who are from the more intelligent group of Germans say I am an awesomely good driver, even though I drifted into my friends street before. It is proven that Germany has on average less traffic accidents than the US, since you actually go to a driving school here for 6 months. My driving teacher was the person who taught me how to drift.
Everybody! Unless you have been in a roleplay with me in the past and were loyal to it, do not PM or text me about joining your RP.

I do NOT do Pokemon, Yugioh, WoW or any such RPs.

Please be aware of this.

Aniihya
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Tipworthy Tipworthy Visual Appeal Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kaytayy Emm on Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:47 am

I think there should definitely be a no-texting law, but people have found ways to be able to talk on the phone without using their hands. There's speakerphone, and that's just a matter of pressing talk and then the speaker phone button. Or, my brother and his wife both have the in-car phone, which is on speaker phone, so they can talk hands-free. I don't see a problem with talking on the phone as long as it's hands-free.

Kaytayy Emm
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!