Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

A few of my favorite quotes - What's yours?

a topic in Discussion & Debate, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderators: dealing with it, Ambassadors

Talk about philosophy, politics, news & current events, or any other subject you're interested in!

Re: A few of my favorite quotes - What's yours?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:35 pm

"Don't steal- The Government hates competition."

"We don't have freedom of speech to talk about the weather. We have the First Amendment so we can talk about very controversial things."

-Ron Paul

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

almostinsane
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby M|Alice on Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:45 pm

"I got a jar of dirt." - Jack Sparrow ;]
ImageImageImage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

M|Alice
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby [Akane] on Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:45 pm

"At the end of the game. The king and the pawn go into the same box."

"Oooh~ Human souls....must devour....OM NOM NOM~!"

[Akane]
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cota on Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:24 pm

"We are all sentenced to solitary confinement inside our own skins, for life." -Tennessee Williams

“Wisdom comes from experience. Experience is often a result of lack of wisdom.” -Terry Pratchett

“There are no innocents. There are, however, different degrees of responsibility.” -Stieg Larsson

“Quotation is a serviceable substitute for wit.” -Oscar Wilde
“Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.” -G.K. Chesterton

Cota
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby STimore on Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:02 pm

TheOneAndOnly wrote:"Fearless is not the absence of fear. It is not being completely unafraid. To me, Fearless is having fears. Fearless is having doubts. Lots of them. To me, Fearless is living in spite of those things that scare you to death. Fearless is falling madly in love again even though you've been hurt before. Fearless is walking into your freshman year at fifteen. Fearless is getting back up and fighting for what you want, over and over again...even though every time you've tried before, you've lost. It's Fearless to have faith that someday things will change. Fearless is having the courage to say goodbye to someone who only hurts you, even if you can't breathe without them. I think it's Fearless to fall in love with your best friend, even though he's in love with someone else. And when someone appologises to you enough times for things they'll never stop doing, I think it's Fearless to stop beleiving them. It's Fearless to say "you're not sorry", and walk away. I think loving someone despite what people think is Fearless. I think allowing yourself to cry on the bathroom floor is Fearless. Letting go is Fearless. Then, moving on and being alright...that's Fearless too. But no matter what love throws at you, you have to believe in it. You have to believe in love stories and prince charming and happily ever after. I think love is Fearless ." -Taylor Swift

(Wow that took a lot to write ;p)

I like this quote, along with:

"Do you know the difference between education and experience? Education is when you read the fine print; experience is what you get when you don't."
— Pete Seeger

"Snow and adolescence are the only problems that disappear if you ignore them long enough. "
— Earl Wilson

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it. "
— Thomas Jefferson

"The flower that you hold in your hands was born today and already it is as old as you are."
— Antonio Porchia

"There is always a lot to be thankful for, if you take the time to look. For example, I'm sitting here thinking how nice it is that wrinkles don't hurt."
— Unattributed

"Sir, a man may be so much of everything, that he is nothing of anything. "
— Samuel Johnson

"When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it."
— Henry Ford

STimore
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby darkshadows46 on Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:17 pm

Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever.- Walt Disney

darkshadows46
Member for 10 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Marxism_smiles on Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:58 pm

Argument never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.

Marxism_smiles
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thesatellites on Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:57 am

"Folks are usually about as happy as they make up their minds to be." Abraham Lincoln, a very wise man.
WHEN BITTEN
An advanced, mystery/action roleplay about modern werewolves.

thesatellites
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby toajojo on Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:18 pm

I do not know if I have a favorite per say, but I sure do have a lot that I like.

Camus:
“Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend.”
“Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal.”
“Man is the only creature who refuses to be what he is.”
“There are causes worth dying for, but none worth killing for.”

Dr. Suess::
“Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It’s not.”
“And will you succeed? Yes you will indeed! (98 and 3/4 percent guaranteed.)”
“Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.”
“Oh, the thinks you can think!”

toajojo
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TwilightDivine on Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:43 pm

Primum non nocere (First, do no harm)

verbum sat sapienti (a word is enough for a wise man)

aut viam inveniam aut faciam (i'll either find a way, or make one)

elapsem semel occasionem non ipsem potest Iuppiter reprehendere (Not even Jupiter can find a lost opportunity)

they're all latin :3

TwilightDivine
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:16 pm

The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. - Mark Twain

I saw The Equalizer with Denzel Washington recently, and this was inserted near the beginning of the film.

Also,

Dum spiramus, speramus. While we breathe, we hope. - Not sure who said it, if anybody said it.

Or something along those lines.
Like a stranger on a grate, or a skylark, or a taper, flying ever upward and knowing of love's satiety. Our dreams beyond the Sun and into the expanse of Night doth sound a quiet hymn.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years
Contributor Promethean Author Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Beta Tester Greeter Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fayatheancient on Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:44 pm

Do. Or do not. There is no try.-Yodi

fayatheancient
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GipsyDanger on Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:07 pm

'Just because someone stumbles and loses their path, doesn't mean they're lost forever.' - Charles Xavier

GipsyDanger
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dealing with it on Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:55 pm

"Morality in Europe today is herd animal morality -- in other words, as we understand it, merely one type of human morality beside which, before which, and after which many other types, above all higher moralities, are, or ought to be, possible." -Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil

dealing with it
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 13 years
Contributor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Greeter Beta Tester Tipworthy Concierge Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BaneOrdo on Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:55 pm

"Hard work beats talent, when talent fails to work hard" - Kevin Durant.

BaneOrdo
Member for 10 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby so1975far on Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:49 am

''Sometimes fear can make us compromise.''

so1975far
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TomorrowsHerald on Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:52 pm

The ancient sages said, "do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?". So may one just man become an army.

TomorrowsHerald
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings World Builder Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SundayDarkness on Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:10 am

One of my favorite quotes is from the manga/anime One Piece:

"Don't just count everything you've lost! What's gone, is gone! But ask yourself this, what remains?!"

SundayDarkness
Member for 9 years
Conversation Starter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Phersu on Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:44 pm

We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. - Probably George Orwell.

Phersu
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LivyGrey on Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:06 pm

"I solemnly swear I am up to no good!"
"We could die. Or worse, we could be expelled!" - Both Harry Potter by J.K Rowling

"It's beautiful over there," - Thomas Edison

"I'm not pessimistic, I'm optimistic a load of crappy things will happen," - Unknown

"Re-examine all you have been told. Dismiss what insults your soul," - Walt Whitman
My Little Tumblr Blog
"It's better to burn out than fade away,"
-Kurt Cobain

LivyGrey
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!