Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

A few of my favorite quotes - What's yours?

a topic in Discussion & Debate, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderators: dealing with it, Ambassadors

Talk about philosophy, politics, news & current events, or any other subject you're interested in!

Re: A few of my favorite quotes - What's yours?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WakaWaka on Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:26 am

“Show me a young Conservative and I'll show you someone with no heart. Show me an old Liberal and I'll show you someone with no brains.” - Winston Churchill.

“Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.”
- Abraham Lincoln

“A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself, always a laborious business."
- Alan Milne
As seen on SpaceBattles.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

WakaWaka
Member for 10 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:55 pm

O, pardon me, thou bleeding piece of earth,
That I am meek and gentle with these butchers!
Thou art the ruins of the noblest man
That ever lived in the tide of times. ~ Mark Antony from Julius Caesar

"Power resides where men believe it resides." - Varys
Like a stranger on a grate, or a skylark, or a taper, flying ever upward and knowing of love's satiety. Our dreams beyond the Sun and into the expanse of Night doth sound a quiet hymn.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years
Contributor Promethean Author Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Beta Tester Greeter Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gyrfledgeling on Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:00 am

While walking along a beach, an elderly gentleman saw someone in the distance leaning down, picking something up and throwing it into the ocean.

As he got closer, he noticed that the figure was that of a young man, picking up starfish one by one and tossing each one gently back into the water.

He came closer still and called out, “Good morning! May I ask what it is that you are doing?”

The young man paused, looked up, and replied “Throwing starfish into the ocean.”

The old man smiled, and said, “I must ask, then, why are you throwing starfish into the ocean?”

To this, the young man replied, “The sun is up and the tide is going out. If I don’t throw them in, they’ll die.”

Upon hearing this, the elderly observer commented, “But, young man, do you not realise that there are miles and miles of beach and there are starfish all along every mile? You can’t possibly make a difference!”

The young man listened politely. Then he bent down, picked up another starfish, threw it into the back into the ocean past the breaking waves and said, “It made a difference for that one.” ― Loren Eiseley

Gyrfledgeling
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skittle_Overlord on Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:02 pm

"Too often the outspoken women are painted as angry and bitter spirits. The outspoken men are praised as revolutionaries and heroes." - solange knowles

finding this pretty relevant lately

Skittle_Overlord
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DragonsAreReal on Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:46 pm

“An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way.”
-Charles Bukowski

"When I dream, I dream of dragons. In these dreams, I do not slay dragons nor do I ride them but rather I gaze down at the world through their eyes."

DragonsAreReal
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:19 pm

“You have to remember one thing about the will of the people: it wasn't that long ago that we were swept away by the Macarena.” ~ Jon Stewart

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years
Contributor Promethean Author Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Beta Tester Greeter Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby midnightephemera on Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:46 pm

"Two thirds of PROMOTION is MOTION." - Unknown

(If you know who this is from, please let me know!)

midnightephemera
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:32 pm

That you are here - that life exists and identity,
That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse. - Walt Whitman

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dealing with it on Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:36 pm

"It sucks that my BFF's have all been dead for thousands of years." -me

dealing with it
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 13 years
Contributor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Greeter Beta Tester Tipworthy Concierge Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:33 pm

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BetaAges on Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:26 pm

"Don't be an idiot." - My dad.

BetaAges
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Patchlamb on Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:35 pm

"Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light. I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night." - Sarah Williams

"Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end."

""The argument goes something like this: 'I refuse to prove that I exist,' says God, 'for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing.'
"'But,' says Man, 'the Babel fish is a dead giveaway, isn't it? It could not have evolved by chance. It proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't. QED.'
"'Oh dear,' says God, 'I hadn't thought of that,' and promptly vanishes in a puff of logic." - Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Patchlamb
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dottie on Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:33 pm

"Not a single creature on Earth has more or less right to be here." - Anthony Douglas Williams

Dottie
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Flexar on Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:56 pm

"I have done nothing but teleport bread for three days."- Soldier, Team Fortress 2 - Expiration Date

"What you probably want to know is the three words I'm not going to tell you. 'I'm not going to tell you'. That's five words." - George W. Bush

Aeris: "But I aborted you! From time!"
Leo: "I got better." - VG Cats

"Why, you useless man, would the enemy submit sooner, now that you have mutilated yourself?" - Darius I, Herodotus' Second Capture of Babylon

"Ok! It was a pretty good routine, though. First the left strap goes, then the right strap... Then the sexy burlesque decoy arm!" - Mr X, Sam and Fuzzy: Missing Inaction

"Yes, but in the morning I shall be sober; you shall remain ugly." - Winston Churchill, upon being accused of being drunk.

Alaric: "Do they not have dragons in Japan?"
Miou: "You could say that." - Finding the Holy Lands

"I'd forget my own head sometimes, if it wasn't sewn on." - Reg Shoe, Terry Pratchet's Reaper Man

"I ain't quiet, everybody else is too loud." - John Entwistle, The Quiet One

"Don't hit at all if it can be humanly avoided, but never hit softly!" - Theodore Roosevelt

"Have you seen the headlines,
Princess engaged!
Two million of out work,
But that's all on the second page." - Ian Gillan, Strangeways

"You never gave a damn about who you pick up,
And who you leave lying bleeding on the ground,
You screw people over on the way up,
Because you thought that you were never coming down,
And he takes you out in Vaudeville Valley,
With his hand up smothering your screams,
And he screws you down in Tin Pan Alley,
In the city of a billion dreams." - Mark Knopfler, It Never Rains
Last edited by Flexar on Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Flexar
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FWO on Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:41 am

"Demanding of another that he earns your respect is, in of itself, an act of arrogance, a way of self-elevation, implying by its very nature that your respect is worth earning." -Drizzt Do'Urden [R.A. Salvatore]
Check out my blog, FANTASY WRITER ONLINE. Whether you write as a hobby or to pursue a career, there is something here for everyone.

FWO
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby littleplantboy on Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:04 pm

"Rhombus! Ice clops."
-Adventure time
my life is a dramatic yaoi tbh

littleplantboy
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby shotashotanightfever on Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:04 am

"Hi-dey-ho hahaha." -Good guy doll

"We're friends to the end, remember?" -Chucky
"This is the end friend." -Andy

"Close your eyes and count to seven when you wake you'll be in heaven." -Chucky

And basically every line from all the Chucky movies. It's an obsession, I know.

shotashotanightfever
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Marxism_smiles on Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:52 pm

"The means justify the ends"

- Marxism :)

Marxism_smiles
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rain Stark on Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:49 am

"Whoever fights with monsters should see to it that he does not become a monster in the process. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you."

Personal favorite because it's true, and you have to remember not to change even though it's impossible not to.

Rain Stark
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Marxism_smiles on Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:15 pm

“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest. “

“We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile, and nothing can grow there. Too much, the best of us is washed away. “

- G’Kar, Babylon 5

Marxism_smiles
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!