Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Hello, everyone, my name's Kyle.

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Hello, everyone, my name's Kyle.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby IntoTheNight504 on Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:40 am

Hello, everyone. =] If you are reading this, I appreciate you taking time out of your day to come and at least read my greeting, and I would be thrilled if you said hello.

My name is Kyle, and I apologize if I'm being informal on this site (and please, correct me if I am; I don't mean to be rude or naive). I came here to role play, which is a big favorite of mine to pass the time. I act on stage in real life, and I have many interests. I love nearly any genre, and although I am new to this site, I've role-played for a long time before. I know the rules may be different, so I'm looking for some great friends to talk to and I'd greatly appreciate it if you could help me understand the rules of this site so I don't make a fool of myself when I try to post in a thread.

So please, stop by to say hello, I am online frequently and I will reply to as many people as I can. Again, I appreciate your time, and I beg you to come and say hello, so please, don't be shy; I'm very friendly. =]

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

IntoTheNight504
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Hello, everyone, my name's Kyle.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Village Alchemist on Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:59 am

You're actually being much more formal than most noobs on this webside.

Welcome!

Have a fishy stick!
I am Village Alchemist, formerly-official forum greeter. If you've any questions about the site, feel free to ask.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Village Alchemist
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby IntoTheNight504 on Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:07 am

Thank you; I appreciate your kindness and your reply.

And I do greatly appreciate a fishy stick... if I do say so myself. =]

It is very nice to meet you, and thank you for the offer. I'll be sure to ask if I need anything. :D

IntoTheNight504
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WalkingxSpazztic on Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:25 pm

Hello, Kyle. ^.^

I'm actually new to this website as well; I've only done paragraph roleplaying on an informal level, and was going to mostly use this site to profile my characters and flesh them out a little bit.
And you're certainly more formal than I. x3

I'd be interested in RPing with you. If you'd like, of course. No pressure. just an offer. :]
It's Anna, by the way.
There's an art in seclusion
Production in depression
If a stranger turns up missing
This song is my confession
Tell the tales of the trail of dead
Lovers learn from slower hands
Losing self in myself
Inner demons make demands

WalkingxSpazztic
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby IntoTheNight504 on Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:12 pm

Hello, Anna, nice to meet you. =]

I'd love to roleplay with you; I'm very interested. Haha, don't say I'm more "formal", what someone types into a keyboard can be jibberish and still highly intelligent. ^^

Not to say you're typing jibberish, of course, just using it as an example. But please, do talk to me more; I enjoy the company. ^^

IntoTheNight504
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WalkingxSpazztic on Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:27 pm

Ah, very true, very true. x]
And I would hope that what I typed was not jibberish...I'd like to think of myself as literate to an extent.

I have to admit, I'm not good at starting conversations. Not one of my talents. ^.^;
I would like to know more about you, though. If you wouldn't mind. Nothing to personal; just the conventional things. Hobbies, favorite books/music etc...the questions that always come up first.
If you don't want to share it here, then a message would be fine. Up to you. :]

WalkingxSpazztic
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby IntoTheNight504 on Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:34 pm

Haha, I never intended that meaning; you are more than literate. =]

It's okay, talking to someone always involves at least one first step. ^^;

Well, all right, then, I'm comfortable with sharing my information. As my hobbies I LOVE to act on stage, and I believe William Shakespeare has the best sense of humor and I'm also fascinated with the human mind, so I'm beginning to study on psychology and human theory. I love to read biographies, such as Never Try This At Home (written about Dave Navarro of the Red Hot Chili Peppers), thrillers, scary movies make me feel like I just got off a roller coaster and I love to play music and sing in bands, from classical to blues to heavy rock. I'm a jack of all trades. =]

IntoTheNight504
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WalkingxSpazztic on Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:44 pm

Heh, acting. I wish I had the bravery. I've only been in one production; the Laramie Project. Scared me half to death being on stage. x3
As for me, I'm pretty serious about becoming a graphic designer. You play the parts, and I'll create your pamphlet. More or less. I've done it a few times for my school, and really enjoyed it. Though the deadlines are insane. But I can't complain; it's publicity, more or less. I actually have a website, if you'd be interested in taking a quick look. Link is in my profile.
The human mind fascinates me; if I didn't have to take other classes, I would have leaped at the chance to take AP Psych. I do a bit of studying on my own though. I love to write, as well; not nearly good enough to consider taking up seriously, but it's fun to do sometimes. Get ideas out with rhyme schemes and such; a challenge for my creativity, if you will.
I'm mostly into Indie; or rock-pop for something to just sing terribly along with. Maroon 5 is my guilty pleasure; as is Dashboard Confessional I suppose.
But in all honesty, my interest in things really depends on my mood at the time. So it varies a lot. :]

WalkingxSpazztic
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby IntoTheNight504 on Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:59 pm

Well, I just jump at the chance to play as another person (hence, why I love roleplaying haha), and I was never really afraid of crowds. I love graphic designs, and I just may check your website to see some of yours, but I believe you, deadlines are a hassle.

Well, I'm planning on majoring in Psychology and heading for a Ph.D, eventually. I love almost evry kind of music, and while I'm not a great guitar player I love to sing. I LOVE to play the violin, cello, drum kits and even a little xylophone (Haha, yes, it's true). I just love getting up in front of people and having them reactto what I do, I'm just an entertainer. =]

IntoTheNight504
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WalkingxSpazztic on Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:14 am

I have to admit, I love making characters. I only have a few up, but most of mine are pretty bizarre--I think they all hold a part of me in them, though. ^.^;

I've always stuck to the shadows; offline, I'm pretty shy, except for around my friends. Sometimes I think I have more than one self. But maybe that's just because I'm a gemini. :P

I want to major in Graphic Design; no question about that for now. I want to minor in something academic though. I was thinking English, or Historical Analysis. If there is such a minor. Or something similar. But I have a ways to go for that. ^.^

Heh, I wish I could play an instrument, or sing. Music isn't my thing; I can only really listen to it. I focus more on the lyrics, anyway. I love challenging myself with words; it always leads to something interesting. Another reason I like to RP, I guess. Creating imagery and emotion with text; a fascinating way to reach an audience. Without having to be on stage. x3

WalkingxSpazztic
Member for 15 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!