Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat ā€” the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Ascension

Ascension

a part of “Ascension”, a fictional universe by gururumon916.

For years in the city of Dominus genetically altered slaves have served the needs of man. But now they're rising up, now they're fighting back, they're becoming more than slaves...

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Ascension”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] Ascension

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FantaBadger on Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:22 pm

I've been a little busy with my real life actually for the past week or so...
Sanity, schamity! I've got style...

If you're looking for a brutal legend roleplay or a fantasy one revolving around Heavy Metal and, let's be frank, gratuitous violence check out 'The Second Age of Metal'. Characters are always welcome and I'm happy to give you the story so far, here's a link: http://www.roleplaygateway.com/roleplay/the-second-age-of-metal/

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

FantaBadger
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheDoombringer on Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:07 pm

Screw real life, all its done is force me to be hungry and limit my flight abilitys to plummeting slightly slower then a bowling ball.
"We are Sex Bob-Omb and we are here to make you think about death and get sad and stuff!"
Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World

Wallace Wells: No more playing around, time to break out the L word
Scott Pilgrim: Lesbian?
Wallace: No the other L word.
Scott:.... Lesbianss?
Scott Pilgrim vs The World

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

TheDoombringer
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:26 pm

FantaBadger wrote:I've been a little busy with my real life actually for the past week or so...

It's fine. Real life is more important than roleplaying. :)

almostinsane
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheDoombringer on Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:27 am

Huh I guess I got a bit carried away with the Sadist part of H.A.D.E.S. oh well so long as James mind is fucked with enough i'll be happy.

TheDoombringer
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheRavenandThePawn on Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:32 pm

Ehā€¦ HADES really isnā€™t that sadisticā€¦ if he wasā€¦ heā€™d make him feel badā€¦ or want to try and help the girl firstā€¦ and then show him how helplessā€¦ how futile his attempts wereā€¦ you toy with your prey firstā€¦ and then you deliver the strikeā€¦ your went directly for the strike. Sadists enjoy otherā€™s painā€¦ something quickā€¦ isnā€™t a good way to generate pain. You have to make sure it hurts them.
Andā€¦ Hereā€¦ Weā€¦ Go..!

If I kill you in a forest and there isn't a law against it... is it murder?

I got 99 Souls but a Witch ain't one.

Need more players for my newest role-play World War Five If interested please join.

TheRavenandThePawn
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:59 pm

Now that's scary. Glad sadists aren't that common.

almostinsane
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheDoombringer on Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:27 pm

That was the entire point of her flailing around a bit, it was for James to try and help her and then she would recoil away go to the corner and hiss at him. If that had happened like I expected you to post then it would have turned out alot more grim. She didn't say anything she just did things so I was hoping that I wouldn't have to god mod and just let James fill in the blanks otherwise what you said would require chat.

Edit: Thats also why she was a girl so that his Chivalry would kick in and try to help the girl causing ^ to happen.

TheDoombringer
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheDoombringer on Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:17 am

Wh-wha-wait how does James even go through the electric barrier? Does his wires move faster then the barriers can be constantly sent up? Fighting him after and mid escape is going to be fucking impossible if he can move that fast (And have wires that sharp and strong) unless this is just Worf effect......

P.S: What about bullets? You said you have to take your time to deliver pain yet a bullet to the shoulder is fast and will give you a shit ton of pain. Then shoot him again in the other shoulder for more pain before he bleeds out.

TheDoombringer
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheRavenandThePawn on Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:38 am

He himself isnā€™t that fast physicallyā€¦ his wires however move at the speed of light besides his wires he is pretty much an above average human, if you can get the drop on him, or deliver a decent blow heā€™s screwed as he is all offense. The reason he could strike through the barriers is his wires are made of energy, and thus if he applies a certain amount of energy into said wires he can pierce the fields though this also applies if someone can deliver a equal or greater amount of energy they could in fact disrupt his wires.

You should have broken it into two posts lead Jacob in more. As when its one post, especially one block of text its instantly implied that everything is happening right after each other. Breaking it into a first post and then a response means each thing is happening at a relative time. As a player to be a sadist you need to draw it out. You need to attempt to get the optimum amount of suffering or at least emotion from each action in which you wish to be a sadist in. When being a sadist on a role-play you canā€™t afford long posts that jump through interactions or it ruins the experience and effect.

As an answer to why a sadist wouldnā€™t use a gun.. Please refer to the most commonly known and most bad___ sadist in Gotham city and he whom is acting as your avatar the Jokerā€¦ the joker used knifes for a reasonā€¦ their much slowerā€¦ using a gun you shoot someoneā€¦ your going to end up killing them rather fastā€¦ a knifeā€¦ you could deal a few thousand slits firstā€¦ wouldnā€™t kill themā€¦ if its only skin deepā€¦ still going to hurt like ____.

TheRavenandThePawn
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheDoombringer on Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:47 am

The reason why I dropped that block of text instead of leading it out is because I was and still am 99% sure this RP is on the verge of death/getting dangerously close so why not drop a big finale for it. Also jut because it's all in one post doesn't mean it's happening simulatenously. He can still react to it, he's not some dead corpse lying there he's a real living breathing person. That's why people can reply and sometimes cut others off mid sentence in RP's. The point is James is supposed to be a real human (Mutant thing) and every human reacts to things. My post, the basic fundamental of sadism in RP's, was that you cooperate and tag along.

Edit: But fine I'm cutting half the post away from the other half *grumbles and walks over to Ascension activity wih a machete*

TheDoombringer
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheRavenandThePawn on Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:07 pm

I'll edit my own post when I can, but on another note.

Fanta will be unable to post due to computer/login issues if you wanted to know why she was inactive.

TheRavenandThePawn
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheDoombringer on Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:19 pm

Yeah that's a basic thing about Fanta. She always dissapears when you need her most. But repays by spamming well thought out posts to catch up.

TheDoombringer
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheRavenandThePawn on Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:44 pm

*coughs* Fanta would like you to know... "I heard that and that I'm not the only one who disappears at important points..."

TheRavenandThePawn
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ceoltior on Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:26 pm

I would like it to be known that whenever someone details the events of the next time H8 ends up in 'room 101' I need to detail what will happen so don't go wiping H8's memory whenever that post comes about. ;) I've got a nice little surprise in store for any incoming memory-wipers.
0=={==============>

Ceoltior
Member for 14 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheDoombringer on Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:00 pm

Well this was fun while it lasted, so no chance of revival on this thing or has the creator himself buried the coffin on this thing?

TheDoombringer
Member for 14 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!