Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Thirteen Paths

Thirteen Paths

a part of “Thirteen Paths”, a fictional universe by Lightning Flash.

Thirteen guardians of the elements that make up the world. They protect humanity with their humanity. Or are they just in ascention into gods?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Thirteen Paths”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] Thirteen Paths

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby zen_ink on Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:46 am

Ohhh I didn't realize! well we only need fire then to destroy the world XD
~Imagination is just intelligence having fun.~

Enter the world of THE ZODI ACADEMY... (Now Rebooted!)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

zen_ink
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lightning Flash on Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:39 am

Shadow: I don't think so. Because then you are creating solid objects and then we get into that whole realm. I think just the ability to change an opponent's perception of touch is plenty powerful enough and at least to start out you really don't need any more tricks.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Lightning Flash
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Shadow on Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:09 am

Ok then

The Shadow
Member for 15 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TemplarWarden on Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:15 am

Okay, I've finished my character. He doesn't adhere to the character sheet exactly but Its all in there. I like him, I hope he is accepted.
The Spice Melange occurs on only one planet in the entire universe.
The Planet Arrakis, also known as Dune.
He who controls Arrakis, controls the Spice. He who controls the Spice, controls the universe.

Omnomnomnom

TemplarWarden
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lightning Flash on Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:35 pm

If your character is holding a round object, such as a pipe, theoretically you could make it a point. It would just take a rediculous amount of energy. My reasoning behind this is that any edge is actually a curve, and sharpness reduces the width of the curve, hence making the object sharper. So theoretically you could make a pipe into a point, but you would probably pass out halfway through.

But sharpness can work really well on an object such as a pencil, that is already sharp (Err... dull at the moment, but can easily become sharp basically, if it has a tip or an edge). You can easily make it extremely sharp. However, keep in mind, that you still cannot reenforce the strength of the material when you are sharpening it. Such as, no matter how sharp you make a pencil, it does not have the structural integrity to make it through a wall. Although combining sharpness and hardness leads to many interesting possibilities :)

As for the avalability of fire, the astute reader may notice that on the fifth post of this topic, (Edit:Edit:Edit: Okay, sixth. I was trying to do it from memory.) someone claimed the element of fire. But you may also notice, I have fire listed aas open. This is because I have recieved sagecervello's character sheet, and with my necessary revisions I sent a PM to him. In reply I have seen nothing, and therefore he is refusing to cooperate with the rules of this RP. Therefore the element of fire is open.

sagecervello: If you are reading this SEND ME A PM at least expressing that you are in the process of revising your character. Or post something to that effect here. I will not accept your character as it currently is. If you do so after someone else has claimed the element of fire however, you will be booted out of the spot of fire guardian whether you make the revisions or not. You snooze you loose.

Edit: I accepted the two characters (Shadow's and Templar's) they look good and both look interesting.

I just have a word to both Shadow and Chari, this IS modern day, so expect to get a lot of strange looks when you say you come from a mercenary clan and are a ninja. Yeah... just giving you the heads up.

Edit: Edit: Changram. How long do you think it will take to get your character up? I'm just kind of anxious to get the RP up as I have already made the first post in word :). So if you're still working out the basic concept of the character, I may just start it, with the characters we already have and you can join in very shortly.

P.S.: Wow I packed a lot into that... That is the most edits I've ever done on a post. :)
Last edited by Lightning Flash on Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lightning Flash
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lightning Flash on Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:11 pm

O.K. then I guess I'll post the intro. I'll make the first job of those that are already in the RP to find more numbers.

Okay, I will post the first post and the RP is now open!

Lightning Flash
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lightning Flash on Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:27 pm

Alright, Snake, accepted. It's up to you wheter you want to be in the great escape from the plane or if you want to wait a bit.

Lightning Flash
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Shadow on Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:31 pm

THis whole thing just reminds me of Organisation XIII which would make me Saix because I'm number VII (hehehe, moon powers)

The Shadow
Member for 15 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lightning Flash on Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:38 pm

Ya... I've had my friends say that to me when I explained it to them. Although the concept was purely origonal, and I took no inspiration from KH. I just chose 13 because it was a nice number to use and gave me good numbers in each of the groups.

Lightning Flash
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Klaven300 on Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:13 pm

hey I put the pro for #6 up hope you like him ^_^

Klaven300
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SuiHa on Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:22 pm

I found this rp thrilling and very interesting, I chose the 8th skill. I hope the chara profile works.

SuiHa
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lightning Flash on Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:33 pm

Alright! Both of you are accepted! Now your characters are some of the ones present on the plane. Happy skydiving.

And also I can say I am very pleasently surprised at the choices in power people have made. I was fully expecting for all of the quartet to go first, then the triad and whomever limped in at the end to take the sextet. But I am very glad that solid RPers all around are still taking te sextet when fire is still an option! Kudos!

And I want to thank all of you for joining so far. I did not expect to get thirteen people so fast (Yes, thirteen. The only powers left are Fire, Sharpness and Hardness), I thank you all for taking interest in this little idea of mine.

Side note: I'm laughing my head off at the descriptions of Crystal. Alex says she's either a thrillseeker or excitable. She's a little of one and a LOT of the other :D

Lightning Flash
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby zen_ink on Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:31 am

So considering everyone else was in the plain I'm thinkin i dont want to be in the plain lol so where's this going just for point of fact? Cause I want to post but I'm not sure where I should go with it. Like maybe you guys land in a forest where I've made camp..? Would that work?

zen_ink
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lightning Flash on Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:44 am

Well, if you don't want to have been captured, then I'm not sure. I just thought the first introductory post jumping out could be a good introduction to everybody's character. But, right now te plane is flying over midwestern US, so us landing near someone's campsite may not be a bad idea. (Perhaps I have Crystal mess up and break her leg or something. That could get your character involved, right?)

Lightning Flash
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby zen_ink on Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:10 pm

Yeah, anything works really :P I just didn't know how else to introduce my character since it seemed like everybody was jumping out of the plane but i didnt want to take it in a direction that you weren't planning on yknow?

zen_ink
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Klaven300 on Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:33 pm

when are we going to get this rp rolling again it seems that it just came to a stop after most of us jumped

Klaven300
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lightning Flash on Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:13 pm

Yeah, my bad

I've just been a little busy latel. I will post shortly.

And as for your character, Chan, I will PM you, because I do have a couple of questions.

Lightning Flash
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Klaven300 on Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:17 pm

ok lightning I wasn't tryin to be mean I'm just bored XD

Klaven300
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TemplarWarden on Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:30 pm

A quick question. I know we landed somewhere in mid-western America but I don't know exactly what terrain that is. What are the surrondings like where the group has landed?

TemplarWarden
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lightning Flash on Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:38 am

Umm... plains. Open fields, AKA they didn't land right next to any towns.

Lightning Flash
Member for 15 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!