Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Solarius: Reflections

Solarius: Reflections

a part of “Solarius: Reflections”, a fictional universe by Nyxeth.

One world, mirrored countless times in the threads of fate and the machinations of the powers that be, Solarius.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Solarius: Reflections”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Solarius: Reflections

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nyxeth on Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:23 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Solarius: Reflections"

Artwork Done By Moi

One world, mirrored countless times in the threads of fate and the machinations of the powers that be, Solarius. Dimensions and realities, linked but unknowing of each other, if one were to cross these worlds, one might see places, events or even people strikingly similar to ones seen prior, but none will be the same as those that came before. Each world might hold rules varying from the others, whilst in one, magic is prevalent, in another it might not exist at all and high technology rules. Some might be dead worlds and some might be gardens of life. In fact ones senses might be completely removed in one world, where in another conversing with animals or even flight by pure mental thought could occur. But what if, perhaps, each world posed a question, and that only other worlds held the answers, what if people were to pursue these questions, even unconsciously.

It is these people that the tale will follow, strangers drawn together by the workings of fate, for coincidence is but a fallacy of the psyche. It is these people will unravel the mysteries of Solarius, Each step they make will ripple across the worlds and cause change, for in their wake nothing will remain the same. Some might not even wish for the journey they take, some may seek it out earnestly, whilst some may not be aware of their worldly travels at all. But let it be known that each traveller will hold a question, knowingly or not, and each will find their answer.

For these are the worlds of Solarius, each at risk of disappearing forever.

The Rundown

Based upon the concepts of the dimensional travel and influenced by books and other media, this roleplay takes place within the worlds of Solarius, an uncountable number of worlds mirroring each other in name across the dimensional layers of time and space, the basis of actions within the roleplay will take place across these worlds to explore their secrets and interactions with each other. Each world individually may be shockingly similar to another, or unique in every sense, whilst names, people and even events may occur across multiple worlds, such as famous leaders or wars and deaths, geography may be inherently different or the very laws of physics in the world might differ.

Each world as stated, differs, from the technological development of the world to the time period, one world might be as close to the present Earth as it can be currently, where as another might be within prehistoric times where the reptiles ruled. Others might contain magic in its many forms, or others might be far flung into the future where dark technology rules. Some might have specific rules to follow, in one you might gain magical powers, in another your physical senses might be deprived from you, in another air could be poisonous and water breathable. Or in some, nothing changes at all, except for the events around you. However the primary similarity to each world is thus, each world is disappearing, gradually or rapidly, some to natural disasters or external threats alien to this world - perhaps not to others though - and the actions of each character will determine the outcome, know that when some worlds might not be saved, answers may be found and methods to save the next might be uncovered.

Some may ask however, why will my character be involved, or how will they be involved? In the worlds of Solarius, there exists a bubble in the dimensions that exists outside of the rest of the renditions of the world, acting as a Crossroads to all the others, in some worlds of Solarius, this gateway world may be common knowledge or to some the darkest secret or unknown completely. This will be the method of travel, why they will travel? Some may be forced, chased out of their own worlds as they seek sanctuary, others may make their way there by accident, or some may go on their own power or at the consenting whims of others. Knowingly or unknowingly, each character will have a reason to travel, whether it be to find answers, flee, travel, find something or save someone, each to their own.

General Solarius Rules / Things To Note

This roleplay will take place on the forum, the RP Tab will be used only to track characters and other permissible information.

Each world will exist as a separate thread, the Roleplay will begin at the crossroads world with each character in the RP already present.

Due to the issue of calling every world 'Solarius', each world will also be given a name befitting its existence, ergo a world that is centric on a water theme might be "Water World", where as a world primarily themed on fire might "Fire World", these do not have to be that inventive and merely acts as a reference point to differentiate the worlds in discussion.

Due to the chaptered nature of this Roleplay, where each World and its events are their own chapter thread, I will be limiting late joiners who wish to join the RP after its launch to between these chapters where it is easier for people to fit in.

At key points, I will send out questions via PMs to the present RPers, the contents of these PMs will be confidential IC, however the OOC discussion of them will be permitted unless stated otherwise. This may be due to the 'majority rule' concept where I seek feedback to continue the plot or merely to gather a consensus on events.

The roleplay is not genre specific, as such characters can come from very typical normal worlds, to fantasy ones or futuristic ones, keeping in mind though that we want to avoid the issue of having characters that are blatantly too out of it. Examples include overpowered future-tech or similar. Like taking a nuke to a fist fight.

A characters powers which are based off of their world will be lost upon leaving their world, examples of this involve anything tied to the world such as objects of power, however inherent abilities can be carried over. (e.g Innate Magic you are born with versus item that gives magic power.), this however may be circumvented if other worlds provide a link to these items. Considering this, if people enter a world that grants its denizens magic, all characters present will have this until they leave the world. Similarly for their stay in worlds that offer them, objects of power from that world can be used by the characters.

General RP Rules

1. Respect the site rules.
2. No Godmodding, meta-roleplaying or otherwise doing things that your character is incapable of or making use of knowledge the character does not have.
3. Create a character using the below template.
4. Inactivity, PM me or post in the OOC thread if you'll be inactive for a period of three days or more please.
5. Activity, I expect a post at least every two days at minimum.
6. no OOC in the IC areas, contain all OOC within the OOC thread if you will, THIS IS YOUR WARNING.
7. Post Length, minimum of two paragraphs, I expect at least three though, literacy is a plus.
9. Have fun! Thats an order! - Starship Troopers
10. Found something missing, want to add it? post here or PM me about the idea and we'll discuss it, don't be afraid to try and add something, worst that can happen is I’ll say no.

Character Skeleton

Characters that are submitted are required to use this Skeleton.

Name:

Race: (Not all Solarius worlds are inhabited by humans, please be descriptive and include any racially specific information that is relevant.)

Home World: (Abiding with the above, since all worlds are called 'Solarius', please provide a sub name that fits the theme of the world, please include information about the world too as this can be used in the RP in the future.)

Appearance:

Innate Abilities: (Abiding by the above, please include any abilities that are capable of carrying over from each world, such as racial specific abilities - example, if your race can breath fire, it can breath fire in another world as it is a biological capability, alternatively if your race/world gives magic at birth or similar.)

Dependant Abilities: (Anything by the above that cannot carry over from world to world, please be aware that it may work in some worlds but not all. These can generally be stronger than innate abilities due to their limited use. This is generally based upon having an object of power or training to manipulate energy or things that may not be present in each world. Such as a high amount of magical energy in the environment or similar.)

Equipment: (Similar to Dependant abilities, make note of anything that may have requirements for usage.)

Please note a bio is not required, as exploration of characters pasts and motives will be a primary part of the Roleplay, it is up to each players discretion on how much information they unveil to the others.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Nyxeth
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy

Re: [OOC] Solarius: Reflections

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nyxeth on Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:30 pm

Information updated.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Nyxeth
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nyxeth on Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:32 pm

Been informed by a few people that they're going to be dropping by with character profiles soon - otherwise feel free to pose any questions you might have about the Roleplay and its setting here. :)

Nyxeth
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CriminalMinds on Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:29 pm

I will join <333

CriminalMinds
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Arc Warden Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hunter in the Alley on Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:04 pm

I would like to take part as well. I'll be writing up a character now.
Run Rudy Run...

Hunter in the Alley
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nyxeth on Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:13 pm

Awesome to know. :-)

Nyxeth
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hunter in the Alley on Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:51 pm

How many are you waiting for before we start?

Hunter in the Alley
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nyxeth on Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:56 pm

2-3 more, I have a friend or two who may be making profiles soonish.

Nyxeth
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hunter in the Alley on Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:23 am

Ok then that's cool. Can't wait to start.

Hunter in the Alley
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nyxeth on Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:45 pm

People are being incredibly slow in getting their profiles up it seems. >:|

Otherwise, more wouldn't hurt!

Nyxeth
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tsuyoku on Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:40 pm

This is extremely interesting. may I join?

Tsuyoku
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raize on Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:46 pm

>.> I looked over my profile.. It made me pretty sad. o_o''
"Uhhhhhhhhhh." - Karisse

Raize
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Visual Appeal Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nyxeth on Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:48 pm

Don't need to ask to join, just put up a profile and I'll judge it. :-)

Also Quiz, what profile, I see no profile. :o

Nyxeth
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raize on Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:49 pm

o_o .. WHAT!? WHAT!!

Raize
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Visual Appeal Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nyxeth on Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:50 pm

Har har, my character pane bugged and it didn't show it for a bit. :P

Nyxeth
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raize on Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:52 pm

D: Thank god! T_T *Flails* It's quite large. D: I would've been like.. "NUHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. X_X"

Raize
Member for 13 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!