Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Shadows of The Forgotten

Shadows of The Forgotten

a part of “Shadows of The Forgotten”, a fictional universe by Blackbird26.

Things seem to have calmed in the land of Valcrest. The war, the assassins' inner disputes, the peoples' demands for a solution... But is the land actually calm, or is this just a calm moment before a even bigger storm? (FULL)

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Shadows of The Forgotten”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Shadows of The Forgotten

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Essence on Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:22 pm

So I kinda...sort of...broke the site..but IT'S OK...because I kind of sort of..fixed it...>.> I know it was a large post...
So save your breath, I will not care
I think I made it very clear
You couldn't hate enough to love
Is that supposed to be enough?

I only wish you weren't my friend
Then I could hurt you in the end
I never claimed to be a saint
Ooh, my own was banished long ago
It took the death of hope to let you go

http://youtu.be/fJXEerT4TCk

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Essence
Member for 15 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr_Doomed on Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:23 pm

Okay... so I've resolved to write 250 words a day for this RP. This way, I should actually be able to get stuff done quickly. Right now, I'm slowly pounding through words.
“I have wrestled with death. It is the most unexciting contest you can imagine. It takes place in an impalpable greyness, with nothing underfoot, with nothing around, without spectators, without clamour, without glory, without the great desire of victory, without the great fear of defeat, in a sickly atmosphere of tepid scepticism, without much belief in your own right, and still less in that of your adversary.”
― Joseph Conrad

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Mr_Doomed
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blackbird26 on Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:04 am

Hey guys, just checking in... I'm alive and stuff. :P

I'm writing, but a bit stuck with this bit that I need to get just right... It's taking up a lot of my energy to write this out. *sigh*
"Real power comes not from hate, but from truth."

Blackbird26
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Lifegiver Visual Appeal Greeter Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Essence on Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:00 pm

*watches Full Metal Alchemist*

I have...different things keeping me occupied. Take your time folks! ^.^

Essence
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blackbird26 on Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:56 am

*sets off fireworks in the ooc*

Anybody hooome? XD

Blackbird26
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Lifegiver Visual Appeal Greeter Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr_Doomed on Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:04 am

I'M NOT DEAD!

I'm sorry to have life get in the way so much. I wish life could just step aside sometimes and I could just have the chance to do the things I want to do.

*Promptly starts writing like a maniac*

Mr_Doomed
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blackbird26 on Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:20 pm

Oh, hey! Glad to see you alive Doomed. :)

Blackbird26
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Essence on Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:47 pm

*quietly leaves Doom a plate of cookies and glass of milk* Life is crazy, but happens. I agree with Bird, happy to see you are alive. ^.^

Essence
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nibblesnbits on Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:19 am

*crawls in and sighs, flopping on the couch*

Dono yō ni daremoga aru?

Sorry I haven't been in a lot. I've been working hard in school and things like that. I'm almost finished with a post but there's a little part I have yet to figure out.

Bird, did you ever get my PM?
Come Away With Me...Let me show you what I can see

nibblesnbits
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blackbird26 on Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:34 pm

I got your PM nibblets.... I'll try to get back to you as soon as I can... My doctor doubled my usual dosage of allergy medication this week and... I'm a zombie... Practically. I'm just so sleepy all the time... It sucks.

But hey, I can breathe, so that's something. :P

Blackbird26
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr_Doomed on Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:08 pm

I'm really sorry for my absence. I've been about ten times more busy than usual. My college took on one of the biggest musicals in the musical theatre repertoire and it has literally consumed the last four weeks of my life.

I only have two more weeks left of school and then I will be free for four whole months (minus the summer job I'll be getting). I can guarantee you that I will be on top of all my posting now.

Mr_Doomed
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blackbird26 on Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:50 pm

That's quite alright Doomed. Least you've been busy in a good way. Not stressing too much, I hope. :)

I just can't be held accountable for the amount of flashbacks on my posts from now on... You know... Got to keep the voices under control somehow. :P

Speaking of flashbacks.... gots to PM nibblets... think I'll do that now. *nods*

Blackbird26
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr_Doomed on Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:37 pm

Oh god! Les Miserables is incredibly stressful, but it is the kind of stress that I was sad about when it was gone. I literally was crying every single day for a week in front of tons of people. It is worth it though. This musical seems more relevant than ever recently.

Mr_Doomed
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blackbird26 on Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:49 pm

That sounds like some pretty awesome stress.

And you remind me of my brother... When he's got a project he gets so stressed out we actually worry about his health, but he gets all bored and upset when it's done. Except he's into films... Documentaries and short films and stuff like that. *nods*

Blackbird26
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Essence on Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:00 pm

Awwww Wish could see the musical!! Sounds like a blast. I did theater and you bond with those people like family...it's crazy!

Essence
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr_Doomed on Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:13 pm

People kept saying that we put this musical on with professional quality. That is probably the best compliment to get when you are only a small collage program which has a lot of people who can only so much as aspire to one day be in professional quality shows.

Honestly, you almost become something more than family. You become this conglomerate of people who both like and hate one another, but can still come together with the simple fact that we are all doing something that we have some form of passion for.

I've learned more about life and the world by doing this show than I have by every other event in my life. I played one of the students who fight at the barricade (I'm just going to assume you know the show). I played a character my age who has never held a gun ad is ow fighting in a rebellion that is just unwinnable. The study of humanity that this character was was great. I got to explore a man discovering that he is about to kill when he went to school with the intent of one day saving lives. I got to explore how a man might feel when they discover this truth and how despite that, how the strong bond of friendship can stop a man from abandoning their fellow man. Then exploring the moment when you finally realise that it is unwinnable, but continue to fight; finally climaxing with the death of a young friend which culminates in a final battle with the sheer purpose of fighting those who one believes is your foe. And when you finally get shot and discover that it is the end. The fear that a young man experiences in that moment.

That is the true stress that I dealt with on daily basis. I would not give it up for anything though. The number of people in the world that reach for something unwinnable despite all odds is unprecedented. I finally understand what I once only understood as futile.

Anyways, I'm just rambling on about what I've been up to. Thought you would all be interested in it though. I think it is relevant to what we are all writing at the moment. I personally feel like Evin now has a whole new level of depth to him that I could not have even imagined when I first started writing him.

If you have any questions about the musical or anything I've been up to, feel free to ask. I'm more than happy to talk about myself a little more :P

Mr_Doomed
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Essence on Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:46 pm

I Shared this with Bird, but Doom..on the topic...ever have anything crazy hilarious happen on stage or during rehearsal? My high school English/literature and drama teacher posted this:

"So tonight, while rehearsing Godot at UCONN, right at the end of Act I, where Pozzo yells "Stand back!" and snaps his whip....right at that moment, Pozzo (me) snapped his whip and shattered one of the little red bulbs that sets off the sprinkler system. BOOM! Loud explosion!!! SWOOSH!!! Gallons and Gallons of water gushing down on me INSTANTLY and spraying everything and everyone in the room!! Then the lights start to flash. Then the robotic woman beings, incessantly, to tell everyone about the emergency in the building and that everyone should leave....out into the "other" torrential rain outside. People are now roaming the halls, leaving the building. Robot woman continues. ALL of our belongings are still in the room and being washed away. There is the overwhelming stench of charcoal which comes out with the water (to help put the fire out). We are not only drenched to the bone, but we're spattered with black ash. Robot woman continues. The water is flowing out of the classroom and into the halls, down the stairs, into the basement, into the bathrooms. It's now ankle deep. And here come the firemen, many of them. They're trying to turn the water off -- a good half hour of GALLONS AND GALLONS OF WATER everywhere. They tear down the ceiling to get at the electronics. We are standing around, black-flecked and soaked. The professor whose room we had borrowed shows up. He is gracious. I am humiliated. Now I'm cold. Exhausted. Incredulous. Staniz strikes....again! *sigh* "

Flipping hilarious!

UCONN is University of Connecticut btw...our state college.

Essence
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr_Doomed on Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:39 pm

I can't say that anything that exciting has ever happened to me. I'm sure that I will one day experience something along those lines if I am in the business long enough, but I have heard a pretty interesting story.

So this one guy who did a stage combat workshop with us told us about this one show he did. In the show, it called for a person to run at him with an axe and just barely miss. They brought in the prop axe, but it turned out that it was a real one with a dulled blade (still incredibly dangerous). He told them that they should have really gotten a fake head for the axe, just in case something went wrong, but of course, they didn't listen to him.
During one of the shows, the moment came when the axe wielding maniac ran towards him, but the actor wielding the axe tripped and flew towards him at unexpected speeds. Luckily, he was able to dodge it, but the axe went right into the couch. He yelled, "This is why you don't use a real axe head" and walked off the stage.

He told the story far better, but it is probably the most interesting story about an actual performance that I have.

Another story I have is far better. It happened in class, but it was probably one of the funniest moments that I can think of. We were all sitting in our very first acting class of our first year. We were doing some simple acting exercises. The one pertaining to this story was easy. You had to, with only sounds and actions, act out words in whichever way you interpreted it. We were in groups of two and the word was "flying". Everyone did something similar to birds, but one group did something completely unexpected.
One of them stood tall with her hand above her head in an "A" shape while the other one spread their arms and made plane sounds Eventually the plane crashed into the A-Shaped tower. I might want to mention that it was the 11th anniversary of 9/11 on this particular day.
Everyone in the room just stared awkwardly for at least ten seconds until someone said, "What the fuck!" Keep in mind that we barely knew each other at this point. It turned out that the A-shaped tower was actually a mountain and they didn't even know it was 9/11. In the end, we all had a good laugh about it and still make fun of them for it.

Mr_Doomed
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Essence on Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:15 pm

o.o LOL. Aww sweet for sharing Doom!

Essence
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr_Doomed on Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:36 am

... I feel like murdering someone. So I've saved my document with my post on it somewhere in my computer, but I have no sweet clue as to where it is at the moment. I just worked on it a bit yesterday too.

ANGER!!!!!

-edit-

After an extensive search and a choice that I am kicking myself for, I think I am going to start my post from scratch. I didn't like the direction it was going anyways. I feel like this might give me fresh ideas so I'm hoping that this will go much quicker than it was before.

I'm so sorry.

Mr_Doomed
Member for 14 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!