Warhammer Fantasy Interest Check

Topic Tags:

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Warhammer Fantasy Interest Check

Postby FighterChimp on Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:38 pm

So, while browsing the forums, I see plenty of 40k threads but nothing for Fantasy. So, just checking if anyone's interested in that. The thing I have in mind is not some big battle, but something more small-scale.

You know, like "So, you all meet in a tavern." I'm thinking of something like 4-6 people, nothing more than that. If you're interested, post or PM me to let me know.
Please take a look at my new roleplay, set in the supernatural Western world of Deadlands:
Deadlands: The Twisting Maze"
FighterChimp
Member for 5 years

Re: Warhammer Fantasy Interest Check

Postby demented-tiger on Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:26 am

I guess this would be intersting, seeing as there is nothing better to do. Please, tell me more.
demented-tiger
Member for 4 years

Postby FighterChimp on Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:35 am

Well, I really don't have any Major Details fleshed out. I was thinking of playing it by ear and kinda crafting the story on-the-go-ish, based around a loose synopsis. My current idea is:

After everyone involved is, well, involved in a crime(the specifics and what led them there would be worked out in the beginning and on the way) a Witch Hunter press-gangs you into helping him root out a Chaos Cult planting its seeds in Altdorf. The alternative is stagnating in a jail cell waiting for interrogation, and the Witch Hunter makes this clear.

Whadya think?
FighterChimp
Member for 5 years

Postby elloit on Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:19 am

count me in. I friggin' love fantasy! One point with that proposed plot is that no-one would really be able to play a race other than human... just something to consider.
Should a machine not function upon striking the panel marked 'on' this is an omen of great ill. The operator must repeat the ritual from the beginning re-purifying himself, enscribing the runes, intoning the incantations, and again striking the panel marked 'on'. Should this procedure fail, the operator must recourse to consulting the instruction manual...
elloit
Member for 4 years

Postby demented-tiger on Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:24 am

truthfully, I have no idea what to expect in a Warhammer role play. I've never played Warhammer, so I do not know all the little details. Nonetheless, the idea by itself sounds like it could go places.
demented-tiger
Member for 4 years

Postby FighterChimp on Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:27 pm

Actually, elloit there are dwarfs, elfs, and halflings in The Empire, particularly Altdorf as it is the largest city. Sure, they may not be common but no one really plays a common character in a fantasy setting.

And demented-tiger, I suggest reading this article:
http://whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/The_Empire
And clicking on the links from there. It's quite a nice setting.
FighterChimp
Member for 5 years

Postby elloit on Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:52 am

Yes, I am aware of that, but you forget that the Witch Hunters are really quite racist...
They would work with them, but only in a situation where they were forced to.
elloit
Member for 4 years

Postby FighterChimp on Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:22 pm

mmm, good point. Maybe it could be the overextended City Watch pulling them in as a kind of 'militia' because they're too busy and under-staffed after the Storm of Chaos. Or some pompous, irate nobleman forcing them to do something bad to his rival, and the situation spirals out of control when they find the opposing nobleman's involvement in a cult. Do those ideas sound good?
FighterChimp
Member for 5 years

Postby Derotzka on Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:21 pm

This sounds pretty cool. Count me in.

I have a question though, though I'm not too bothered what race I play as, are we restricted to just the Empire "Good Guy" races?
Derotzka
Member for 5 years

Postby FighterChimp on Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:59 pm

Yes, the protagonists will be the 'Good Guys.' I know, I know. Boring.

You an choose between Humans, Dwarfs, Elfs, and Halflings if you're a fan of small people.
FighterChimp
Member for 5 years

Postby Shanatos on Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:06 am

I'd be interested only if I could play a Dwarf Slayer.

(it'd actually be an interesting character point if he became a Slayer at the start of the story because of his regret at involvement in this crime)
Shanatos
Member for 4 years

Postby FighterChimp on Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:41 am

While that is a pretty cool idea the problem is you have to go back to the dwarf homeland to do the slayer rituals and whatnot. And it's really less of a crime, more of a very minor property damage to the house which happens to belong to one of the most prominent nobles in the city. The type of person who would run you over and complain that you bled on their stagecoach. Of course a dwarf would still accept whatever ridiculous task they must od to 'atone' because property is property and dwarfs respect that.

So, we've got five people should I post the OOC?

Edit:You could definitely start as a Slayer, though, no adventuring group is complete adventuring group without Dwarf. I'm gonna say Shanatos plays the only Dwarf though, 'cuz this does take place in the Empire and humans are the dominant race. Which I suppose leaves one elf 'slot' and one halfling 'slot.'
FighterChimp
Member for 5 years

Postby Derotzka on Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:00 am

Ok, I won't try to stretch the rules on races :P

One more question:
Are there restrictions of professions, for example could you be anything from the army book from Generals and Wizards to State Troopers and Free Company or just the "basic" people?
Derotzka
Member for 5 years

Postby FighterChimp on Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:12 pm

Well, really high ranks like General could be a bit high. But plain old statetroopers or free company are fine, and the full range of civilians from slummy rat catchers to haughty poets.
FighterChimp
Member for 5 years

Postby FighterChimp on Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:25 pm

Alright, I'm gonna go ahead and post the RP now, we have enough people.
FighterChimp
Member for 5 years

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.