Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

What's up?

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

What's up?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HumblePopinjay on Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:24 am

Besides the sky of course.

What to say first...ah! Right! A proper introduction is in order.

So, uh, hello there! I'm HumblePopinjay, but Humble is fine. Or maybe Popinjay? Pop, maybe? Jay? Hum? Huh. Yeah, gotta work on a good nickname. Anyways, I enjoy reading, writing, RPing (kinda why I joined the site), drawing, painting, playing Videogames, and playing the piano. Some genres that I like are fantasy, scifi, historical-esque, apocalyptic, mystery, adventure, and action.

I'm really looking forward into getting into a fun RP and meeting a bunch of new people. Though I'm still learning the ropes of this site, I'm eager and ready to write! :D

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

HumblePopinjay
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: What's up?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Daleeria on Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:03 pm

I'm going to call you HumPop cuz that sounds like a candy and your colorful avatar makes me think of colorful candy!! Nice to meet you! Thanks for replying to my intro thread earlier. I figured I'd come over and give you a greeting as well since you were so very kind to me.

Hopefully we'll get to RP together some time soon and talk more!

Welcome to the site!

~Daleeria
OPEN RP SLOTS: [3 out of 3]
OPEN COLLAB STORY SLOTS: [1 out of 1]

Currently Inspired By:
Still Learning :: Halsey
killing boys :: Halsey
Under Pressure :: Queen & David Bowie
Fast Talk :: Houses
Bang Bang :: Jessie J, Ariana Grande & Nicki Minaj

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Daleeria
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Donated! Contributor Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Afterman on Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:23 pm

Hello there, HumblePopinjay. Welcome to Roleplay Gateway. That unintentionally rhymed. I seem to do that all the time...

I just did it again.

Either way, I'm glad you found this website and hope you enjoy your time her, and I hope the size of the site doesn't confuse you. Most new people find it a bit daunting at first. However, if you ever need help navigating around the site, or just in general, you can always look towards the Global Moderators, Scholars, or other helpful users such as myself. You can find a Mod or a Scholar by their green and blue usernames, respectively.

Again, welcome to the site, and please enjoy your stay, and most importantly, have fun!

- The Afterman

"But are you gonna kill her off?"
"It's not your decision. I love the character, she stays!"
"Yeah, well the only thing love's done is put you in this position; I say kill her off!"
"Yeah, but you say a lot of things -and how's that work? You're a bicycle."

The Afterman
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HumblePopinjay on Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:42 pm

Daleeria wrote:I'm going to call you HumPop cuz that sounds like a candy and your colorful avatar makes me think of colorful candy!! Nice to meet you! Thanks for replying to my intro thread earlier. I figured I'd come over and give you a greeting as well since you were so very kind to me.

Hopefully we'll get to RP together some time soon and talk more!

Welcome to the site!

~Daleeria

HumPop, eh? Well, I like it! It does sound just as colorful as my avatar. Thanks for your greeting. :D
Really looking forward for if we RP together.
Thanks!

The Afterman wrote:Hello there, HumblePopinjay. Welcome to Roleplay Gateway. That unintentionally rhymed. I seem to do that all the time...

I just did it again.

Either way, I'm glad you found this website and hope you enjoy your time her, and I hope the size of the site doesn't confuse you. Most new people find it a bit daunting at first. However, if you ever need help navigating around the site, or just in general, you can always look towards the Global Moderators, Scholars, or other helpful users such as myself. You can find a Mod or a Scholar by their green and blue usernames, respectively.

Again, welcome to the site, and please enjoy your stay, and most importantly, have fun!

- The Afterman

Who doesn't love rhyme? So long as it's not all the time! Haha!

It admittedly was (and is) confusing, but I'm getting the hang of things! Well, sort of. I'm the kind of person with the tendency to screw certain things up, but I'm getting the ropes of things. I'll definitely be sure to ask for help around.

Thank you! :)

HumblePopinjay
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!