A Winter Storm at RolePlayGateway!

Topic Tags:

Announcements

A Winter Storm at RolePlayGateway!

Postby Remæus on Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:01 pm

The season has again changed, and with it has come a drop in temperature. The dark brooding clouds above RPG's servers have given way to a winter blizzard, icing the entire site over and sending flurries of snow into our roleplays.

We hope you enjoy the change of theme here enough to give some personal thanks to our spectacular team of Designers, who put forth quite a bit of effort to bring it to you. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you from all of us at RolePlayGateway!
Remæus
Creator and Owner
Member for 9 years

Re: A Winter Storm at RolePlayGateway!

Postby barney_fife on Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:34 am

YO DAWG, I HERD U LIEK SNOW, SO I PUT SOME SNOW IN YOUR ROLEPLAY SO YOU CAN FREEZE WHILE YOU PLAY!
Nip it in the bud.
barney_fife
Member for 5 years

Postby Akita on Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:34 am

The site looks great. The snow, not so much. Honestly, it lags horribly. I've tried it on four different browsers, two different computers. LAGS.
Akita
Contributor
Member for 5 years

Postby Kurokiku on Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:37 am

Hey everyone!

I really like the theme; it's very festive! Thank you to the designers and coders for all their hard work bringing seasonal change to RPG!
So let the warm winds range,
And the blue wave beat the shore;
For even and morn
Ye will never see
Thro’ eternity.
All things were born.
Ye will come never more,
For all things must die.
Kurokiku
Global Moderator and Scholar
Member for 4 years

Postby RedRaine on Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:37 am

See! It's the details like this that make a site fun. ^^ You didn't -have- to do any of this, but ya did anyway for the spirit of the season.

+2 Awesome =D
~Still trying to fit all of my dreams in a pokeball.
RedRaine
Member for 4 years

Postby ViceVersus on Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:04 am

I understand there may be some issues with lag; if you're in the chat, running it in embed mode will get rid of the snowflakes for you.
ViceVersus
Scholar and Designer
Member for 7 years

Postby pieluver on Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:17 am

This is so lovely!

Designers win +100 internetz.
Ad infinitum
pieluver
Member for 4 years

Postby T3XT on Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:34 pm

I'm digging it. Very pretty. ;3
THIS IS MY SIGNATURE.
T3XT
Member for 3 years

Postby Dark Star on Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:07 pm

Amazing work! I applaud the designer, its quite festive and an eye-catcher, I do prefer this a bit more over the original dull blue design v.v Anyway, Merry Christmas to all and a Happy New Year! Just wish the snow didn't cause so much lag D:
Dark Star
Member for 5 years

Postby Black on Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:22 pm

I love the new look! My only issue is that I can't see the 'snow' everyone is talking about... Seriously, am I the only one who can't see the epic snow flakes? I use Google Chrome if that helps explain it?
Black
Member for 3 years

Postby Ylanne on Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:09 pm

I use Chrome and I see the snowflakes. They're distracting kind of, and in chat, they lag. To the embedded chat with me!
Letter from autistic survivor of electric shock torture in USA
Ylanne
Member for 6 years

I for one like the look of it, may I keep it I LOVE SNOW a lot and where I live Snow is around most of the winter months {normally October-April}

So yes, Can I keep it ? It is very pretty!
"There are three things I think about when flying, Faith, Hope and Gravity" ~ Lake One, Surviving Jumanji
"You know what I trust ? Gravity!" ~ Hank, Journey 2; Mysterious Island
Tugger and Munkus punched every button and switch and dial on the entire panel, when suddenly, the ship’s toilet flushed. “I wondered if we fixed that,” Munkus commented, to which Tugger sniggered. ~ Munkustrap & Rum Tum Tugger in the Star Wars Spoof, Star Bores Eppy V, the Underwear Strikes Back.
Princess Awinita
Member for 4 years

Heh, brilliant job Oranges! ^_^ And happy christ-- Woah. I just saw a couple of snowflakes blot out half a letter! O.O--mas. ^_^

The RoleplayGateway Store!
Where you can purchase anything from Gateway shirts to other paraphanalia, every penny goes to keeping our awesome site awesome.
Alasund De'astio
Member for 3 years

Postby Jag on Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:31 pm

For those of you who are unaware, there is an easily-accessible option to disable the falling snowflakes. You can click "Disable Snow" in the top-left corner of any page on the site to turn off the snow. For those of you experiencing lag and other issues, this should help!
Jag
Member for 5 years

Postby Mr Hyde on Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:50 am

Haha, very festive, and a nice little touch =] Bravo to the designers
Mr Hyde
Member for 6 years

Postby Sir Hotbod on Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:27 pm

Yeah, the fist time I saw the snowflakes, I tried rubbing my screen because I thought something fell on it.. but then I realized I was being attacked! By an army of snowflakes!

Thank you for putting the time and effort into the Christmas-y theme. :D
Sir Hotbod
Member for 6 years

Postby RedRaine on Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:18 pm

Wow! I -just- realized the snow is actually affected by the direction you swish your mouse at! That's a nother little thing that just totally helps the experience! Great job once again!
RedRaine
Member for 4 years

Postby ViceVersus on Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:55 pm

@ RedRaine That was actually just updated today, so no need to feel behind the times.

Also, @ Sneakers, for the first bit I kept thinking it was a tiny little spider on my screen. I even puffed my cheeks up to blow it off, before I realized it was a tiny drifting dot.
ViceVersus
Scholar and Designer
Member for 7 years

Postby Order Knight on Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:25 am

I, for one, welcome our new snowman overlords.

Very nice designers! I like it a lot.
Order has returned to the galaxy.

The Star Crusade has begun.
Order Knight
Member for 5 years

Postby Saxious on Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:53 am

I, for a second, embrace this snow!

At first I was like 8O
Then I read this
Now i'm all like :D
"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment."
~Buddha
Saxious
Member for 6 years

Next

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.