WoLaD's Creative Moments...

Topic Tags:

Drawing, painting, playing, and writing! All your creative instincts can be satiated here - feedback, commissions, contests, and even requests!

Moderators: Scholars, Designers

Re: WoLaD's Creative Moments...

Postby ShadowWake on Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:11 pm

Lovely, Alacer. It's really nice to see some of the little kiddywinkles. :)
ShadowWake
Member for 6 years

Postby Alacer Phasmatis on Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:12 pm

Thanks. :) Maybe I'll put some more effort into the next ones, so that they'll look decent. :P
Alacer Phasmatis
Member for 6 years

Postby Alacer Phasmatis on Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:01 pm

A bit late, but nonetheless...

Alacer Phasmatis
Member for 6 years

Postby ShadowWake on Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:51 pm

Hehehehe, love it! :D I especially love Signum's expression (with Tarn's beard/stubble coming in close second)...
ShadowWake
Member for 6 years

Postby Alacer Phasmatis on Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:00 pm

Thank you! Too kind, as usual, but thank you. I was originally going to have a slew of people-- Selan's group, Phoenix and Argenti, Signum's cohorts, Aerain's bunch, etc.-- but it was taking a bit more time than I'd allotted for the thing, so I ditched further drawing and made Foertis (alias St. Nicholas...) the centerpiece of the image. Otherwise, everyone would've had something going on-- Hylas would've been the visual hook for his group, Argenti and Phoenix would've been giving googly-surprised-eyes at a shadow-wraith-Ciaran-thing that was between them, Aerain's spear would've been festively decorated by Diarmuid, etc.

There's also a glitch... Selan's skin tone was used for Siggie, instead of the lighter hue set aside 'specially for our northern pasties. Oh, well. Maybe he got some sunburn and was left with a tan?
Alacer Phasmatis
Member for 6 years

Postby Alacer Phasmatis on Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:37 am

I think that this may be too big. In which case, I suggest http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2009/361/f/7/Corruption__by_Realta012.jpg.
Alacer Phasmatis
Member for 6 years

Postby ShadowWake on Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:07 am

Hahaha! Great! Poor ol' Signum though... XD
ShadowWake
Member for 6 years

Postby Hedya on Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:34 pm

Absolutely wonderful!! :D

Loved every of those drawings!!

Seeing this just made me think... this should be made into a movie (or rather, a saga). Totally! :p
Strength is not the answer, I can tell you that.
Hedya
Member for 6 years

Postby Alacer Phasmatis on Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:43 pm

Well, if it was Argenti, then we'd just feel sorry for him. If it was Foertis, it'd seem too vindictive (and, given his history, somewhat implausible). With Phoenix, it'd be either mean (Foertis) or awkward (Argenti and Signum). So for the amusement of the masses, Signum must step up to the plate.

And thankies, Hedya! I've always had a little plan to get one of those advanced animation prgrams and voice-synth deals, to make an animation of our crew. It would be fun...
Alacer Phasmatis
Member for 6 years

Postby ShadowWake on Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:06 pm

Ooh ooh ooh!! *does frantic hand motions* I have a really cool idea! My dude plays Civilization 4 (Beyond the Sword version) and he mentioned that it was one of the most moddable games you can get. So I kinda off-handedly said: "so I could probably rename the towns etc to those of my novel's and play the world..." and the idea sorta stuck. So since then, I've created my world ('Cirrian' - Hedya, you may know it) and it's map and I'm currently modifying all of the civilizations and leader names to Cirrian's, ready to put in the game. I'll then hand it to my boyfriend so he can play it out. I thought it'd be pretty cool to see what he would do with all the Civs. :D

And you two with the whole 'movie/saga' thing above has just made me think: "I could do that to Aduro/Acerbus..." Whaddya reckon? I would create the basic map pattern (including mountains, rivers, etc.) and then modify all the civs names to those of the races; e.g. Rau-lass (which I could split into 2 groups - Alacer you may have an idea what they are from my last PM), Northern/Eastern/Southern/Western Fairies, Adurian/Cetariacelosian Elves, several key groups of shifters (we'd have to work out how to split them) and several key groups of humans. Then I would be able to modify the leader of each civ to our characters, e.g. Major Jasmine Ambey, Dei Sorea Pardai, Lady Anelia/Selan, etc. If you don't have the game, I can just give you screenshots and update you on the civs' progress as they go through the game (which again, I'll probably give to Fraz to play). But if you do have the game, I can send it to you and you can play it yourselves!

Thoughts?
ShadowWake
Member for 6 years

Postby Alacer Phasmatis on Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:48 pm

That... that would be so cool.

To be stated in a grungy, messy-haired, slackish teenager-voice.
Alacer Phasmatis
Member for 6 years

Postby ShadowWake on Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:27 pm

Righty-ho then. If you don't mind, I shall enlist some help from yourselves for this before I start modding...

1) Firstly, who do we want to be leaders? I'm assuming for the time being, that all of our main characters can be a leader. The ideal amount of civilisations is 15-20 for a large map, but you can have more than 1 leader per Civ if you wanted to (and obviously you can have more civs). For example, Aerain, Signum and Sorea could all be leaders of one Civ, e.g. Northern Faeries, or they could be seperate. It also depends on whether we smush charries from WoLaD and FF or we choose only 1 time period, e.g. FF (in which case, Sorea wouldn't be involved) - I think a smush would be best and then we can get Okugi's charries in there too and others like Keara.

Below is a list of suggested leaders; feel free to add others/correct me (my memory is atrocious). I will put leaders who I think should be under the same Civ next to each other. Note that not all the leaders (especially those leading in the same civ) may not necessarily be displayed on the map but will at least be a selectable option in the game. [An example in the original game of two leaders under one Civ are the Celts, who have both Brennus and Boudica as leaders].

Suggested Leaders (you'll have to help me with your faery titles, Alacer):
Phoenix/Demon [Wolf-Pack Civ]
Soryuu/Alder/Rae [Human Civ 1]
Tarn [Human Civ 2]
Selan/Pyrei OR separate [Human Civ 3 OR 3&4]
Hylas [Shifter Civ 1]
Keara [Shifter Civ 2]
Fiala [Shifter Civ 3]
Aerain/Anahita [Faery Civ 1]
Sorea [Faery Civ 2]
Signum/Foertis/Argenti [Faery Civ 3]
Lysander/Altair [Elven Civ 1]
Elven Lord(s) (would need a name) [Elven Civ 2]
Avelate/Jael/Lilith (OR Jael/Kaedo AND Lilith) [Elven Civ 3 OR Assassin Civ 1&2]
Nstif'ikta/Rau OR seperate (you know who he is, Alacer, but as for the others, you'll have to wait and see... ;)) [Rau-lass Civ 1 OR 1&2]

After we've sorted this, I'll get on to the next one. :)
Last edited by ShadowWake on Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ShadowWake
Member for 6 years

Postby Alacer Phasmatis on Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:43 pm

Hm... Foertis and Argenti is so odd for me. I've always thought of it as Signum/Foertis/Argenti, since in WoLaD, Ar. was a behind-the-scenes guy and Foertis was Signum's brown-nosing righthand man. It works, though, since Sig. and Sor. really are besties. Buh.

Elven Lords...

Those are twelve dudes, right?

We have Aeflher and Aedellic.

Then... the other aristocracies are:
-Fæderne (paternal, from Old English stem)
-Blodsian (bless, consecrate, w/ prefix blod- meaning blood [Blod-- really! Who'd have guessed!])
-Eald (ancient)
-Meran (from the sea)
-Cynfæst (race/geneology+ firm/secure)
-Endlyfta (eleventh)
-Mære (glorious)
-Regneld (rulers)
-Eallede (all/everything + possessive term)
-Unorian (opposition + state of being suffix, like our -er)
Alacer Phasmatis
Member for 6 years

Postby ShadowWake on Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:30 pm

I have to say, I did initially think Signum/Foertis/Argenti so I'll change that back. It means that Signum can be a main leader of one Civ while Sorea's is the other (though if we're going to have Sorea's 'capital city' as Tumulosus - which I thought was the most obvious - then we'll have to decide where we want Signum/Foertis/Argenti's 'captial city' to be... I suppose we could have them at the rebel site?)

In terms of the Elven Lords, the Aelfher Civ (i.e. with Altair & Lysander as leaders of the Aelfhers) would be where the Aelfher family is on the Aduro map (and where the main 'city' of the Civ would be placed).

I was basically aiming for 1-3 leader/Elven Lord names (e.g. Lord [firstname] Eald and Lord [firstname] Unorian) who would be situated where Duilliuir is, as a Civ seperate to that of the Aelfhers. I thought one of the elven lords' names might work, as one of them sent Aerain from the capital to fetch Lysander et al.: it provided a nice link into the RP rather than just using a random name that no one knew of. If you let me know who you think is best, then I can use the name both in the Civ and in the RP! :D

EDIT: That seems quite complex, reading it back... :? I will try and photoshop the Aduro map to show you what I mean...

EDIT2: I've decided to change Soryuu/Ymandra to Soryuu/Alder/Rae for a Civ at the human camp. I'm currently composing a table that makes it easier to see what I'm talking about. Then we can reference to it and all this jargon will be clear. :)

EDIT 3: Aha! I've found a place to fit Anahita! She can slip in with Aerain at Occalus instead of Terailan (who isn't such a bit part as Anahita). :D
ShadowWake
Member for 6 years

Postby Alacer Phasmatis on Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:13 pm

Unorian. I think that oughta be the dudes who sent Aerain, but that's just because words starting wih a long 'u' sound grate on my nerves.

The Aelhers are honkin' huge, but since they've already got their own stronghold (via Al. and Lys.), I suppose the three elf-lords could be Lord Parthalán Unorian, Lord Muiris Cynfæst, and Lord Aralt Eald.
Alacer Phasmatis
Member for 6 years

Postby ShadowWake on Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:20 pm

Fabuloso! I shall slot them in my lovely table! On that front, could you PM me your email addy so I can throw it at you? And would you prefer the table in MS word or in MS exel? :D

Hedya, could you let me know which you would prefer for your charries:

Lady Anelia/Pyrei Illyea
OR
Selan Illyea/Pyrei [true surname]
OR
Selan Illyea/Pryrei Illyea

I have these two leaders (one Civilization) at Oestin. If you would like Selan and Pyrei leading separate civilizations then you will need to give me 2 locations, e.g. Osetin and Selan's hometown/village. :)
ShadowWake
Member for 6 years

Postby Hedya on Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:23 pm

Hey, what a WONDERFUL idea!! I...used to play Civilization 3 with my then-boyfriend... so I'm not too fond of my memories of the game. However, It's a great game, it was good fun, and complete, and as I've also read, 4 is pretty moddable! So, Cirrian, hm? I do remember :D

As for Selan and Pyrei. Seeing the roleplay, I'd have them separated, but of course, that's absolutely up to you! :)
I already want to see the screenies badly! BAAAAAAADLY I tell you!! *way-too-high-pitched voice*

Oh, and by the way, funnily enough, today I bought AoE3 and their expansions, etc. You can say I'm a history fan, and while it's nowhere near moddable as Civilization, the eye candy is certainly gorgeous!! Is it wrong to be in love with water reflections? :3

EDIT:

I would use Selan's name, since the other one was just... her masking herself since she had given up on living as a human. She was basically a rogue person, not with the humans, not with the rau-lass... so no, no. As for Pyrei, she wouldn't have been able to "lead" Oestin before meeting Selan, and of course, coming from a small town, her true surname is not of importance. I mean, I'm not going to make a twist about her so that she'd be related to someone important, or anything. Her true surname is not important, and since she adopted the "Ilyea" name, that's the one she'd stick to.
As for Selan's hometown, I might be absolutely and terribly wrong, because my memory is not the best memory in the world, but I do not believe I ever gave a name to her hometown, now did I? In the even that I can't remember because I really didn't give a name, I'll stop to think for a bit, and write it up later!
Hedya
Member for 6 years

Postby ShadowWake on Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:28 pm

Hahaha, no it's not wrong to be in love with graphics... I find myself staring at the scenery on Fraz's "X-3" game: lots of pretty star-scapes and nebulas. :)

EDIT: No, I don't think you originally gave Selan a hometown, so I suppose you could just take a look at the map of Aduro and see where a human town would fit (I would suggest a reasonable distance from other major cities for Civ4 purposes). Then you can just give it a name. :D
ShadowWake
Member for 6 years

Postby Hedya on Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:39 pm

Ayreplect!! That's the name of her hometown :3

The location will have to wait a bit, though... *blushing* that's something truly important...!
Hedya
Member for 6 years

Postby ShadowWake on Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:57 pm

Okeydokes, will pop in her hometown as the capital of her Civ in my table. :)

ShadowPhoenix, let me know what you'd like to do about the assassins, i.e. whether you want to split them up or not and where you'd like them to be located.
ShadowWake
Member for 6 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.