WoLaD's Creative Moments...

Topic Tags:

Drawing, painting, playing, and writing! All your creative instincts can be satiated here - feedback, commissions, contests, and even requests!

Moderators: Scholars, Designers

Re: WoLaD's Creative Moments...

Postby Alacer Phasmatis on Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:48 pm

Waaaait, no. Here she is! I cropped out part of the left side because I put some crappy writing there in florid script (in an attempt to mimick the fluid fashion in which Darragh's name was incorporated in his sketch) but it proved far too distracting, so it got axed.
Selan Ilyea (the prototype)

(Yeah, it links to dA becaaaause my right-click button [on the mouse] died a month or two ago, and the download link suddenly stopped making it a .jpg url)

EDIT: :D
Last edited by Alacer Phasmatis on Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alacer Phasmatis
Member for 6 years

Postby Hedya on Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:24 pm

Wonderful! :D Really, I love it!

You make me curious about the text ,though, hehe.

I honestly think it looks great!

Do you really think you missed what makes her look like herself? I'll give you my opinion...

Maybe it's her cheekbones, on the left face? To be honest, when Selan first joined WoLaD, she was more like "a part of myself" than her own character, as I was a very inexperienced roleplayer by that time, and these cheekbones look similar enough to mine, so yeah :D

She's lucky to have changed over time. Fortunately, her backstory allowed for a pretty basic character at the beginning, and this allowed me to develop her slowly and in a patient manner. I think it went well in the end, and she is now her own character!

So, back to the drawing, try to imagine the drawing with a bit less pronounced cheekbones and think if that's what makes you think she doesn't have what makes her look like herself. However, if you ask me, I do think she looks just as I had and have imagined her countless times.

And suddenly now I had an idea, just before clicking on "submit". You know, I think the reason why you think she doesn't have this "air" is because of the color. Don't get me wrong, though, it's not a hidden petition of a coloring, but I think that, the odd hair color along with the very blue eyes, pale skin and especially very white clothing give this "air" you talk about. That's because Selan's a pretty odd character herself. (I was going to say complicated, but that would make it sound as if I had done a great job in creating her, and I don't think as highly of myself!!)

And you know, seeing this picture and thinking of the color made me think how strange she'd look with that hair color. So much that it scares me to death, because in my head it looks good, but I don't know what would happen if I were to see a picture of a color Selan; would it look right? I don't know... I mean, really, she'd stand out like a sore thumb (See what I did there?)

Anyway, after all this long text, the conclusion is, if you ask me, I don't think there's nothing wrong per se, and I do think it captures her persona perfectly. You just have to try imagining the coloring and then I think you will already have this air she has.

Last thing... would you let me try coloring the picture myself, Alacer? I have never tried it before, and my own imagination made me curious, so I might try. The result won't be good, and until I'm satisfied I won't show it to the public, so I might or might not finish it up, but I'd love to give it a try.

By the way, I have a new wallpaper :D
Strength is not the answer, I can tell you that.
Hedya
Member for 6 years

Postby ShadowWake on Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:09 am

Love the pictures, Alcer - I really do. As I commented on DA, I think both pictures you did of Nstif'ikta were pretty bloody accurate! As Hedya says, would you mind if I pinched them and had a bit of a photoshop colouring session? If you want me to try the others, I can give them a go too but I need to fix a better idea of Caera and Darragh's colouration in my head first!

I've been a bit lax on the RP-->story front with WoLaD, but I may try some of that this afternoon after my next post for Hedya and Wind. I just keep forgetting about it! :P
ShadowWake
Member for 6 years

Postby Alacer Phasmatis on Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:42 am

XD I lol at both of your requests. Go ahead, their yer own bleedin' characters! And SW, please don't bother yourself with Caera/Darragh; the former has a good deal of colour, which would make her time-onsuming, and the latter has rather specific mental colouration that would make him more difficult.

Hedya, thanks for your comments! They're muchly appreciated, and perhaps when time is at hand, I'll try colouring her in, too. Mind, my manner would be in the traditionalist's fashion rather than photoshop, so it would lose some vibrancy in the scanning process, but it seems worth a go. :) The text just said "Gift-bearer", referring to the prophecy, in somewhat fancy script that clashed horrifically with the rest of the piece.

And... new wallpaper? Am I correct in the assumption that it's the drawing? *squee* Thank you!
Alacer Phasmatis
Member for 6 years

Postby Hedya on Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:18 pm

Thank you, then! It's harder than I thought, but I might get a nice result if I work hard :P

Oh, you don't need to do that, definitely, specially because it could get frustrating, depending on the result, so yeah. And if you ask me, traditional fashion tend to look better. Photoshop is nice but... well, I like art as it is... so the text clashed horrifically? Oh, dear...!

And you are correct in your assumption, my dearest Alacer! It is the drawing that acts as my wallpaper now! I plan on expanding it, though, and coloring it is part of my plan. I might add the "text" on my signature on there, as wel a fancy new wallpaper!enough, I might get myelf a fancy new wallpaper!
Hedya
Member for 6 years

Postby Alacer Phasmatis on Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:24 pm

I didn't really need to take the dubbing-stick back, but it felt more official that way.
Alacer Phasmatis
Member for 6 years

Postby Hedya on Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:10 pm

Wonderful, indeed! :D

Completely true; we just need the round table now...
Hedya
Member for 6 years

Postby Alacer Phasmatis on Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:28 pm

Thank you. :) A pity Gaia avatars aren't more manipulable!
Alacer Phasmatis
Member for 6 years

Postby WindOnFire on Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:08 pm

THAT IS SO AWESOME!!!!

sorry, got a little carried away...
WindOnFire
Member for 5 years

Postby ShadowWake on Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:19 pm

Wow! That is soo cool!! :D Is it strange that I should be so excited by this pic? I'M A KNIGHT!! W00P! XD
ShadowWake
Member for 6 years

Postby Alacer Phasmatis on Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:10 pm

x) Tis most pleasing to see that this is a well-met affair.
Alacer Phasmatis
Member for 6 years

Postby Alacer Phasmatis on Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:14 pm

I tried drawing Signum again, in another one of my pre-bed attempts to fall asleep...

I find this creature a touch less gentle and removed looking than Signum, though-- methinks 'tis the heavy darkness of the eyelashes and feline slant/shape of the eyes.
Alacer Phasmatis
Member for 6 years

Postby Hedya on Sun May 01, 2011 5:44 pm

I saw that on deviantart!! :D Haven't checked this thread for ages, so I thought it was time I did it... and yes, I do love the drawing. I did think of Signum as a bit more gentle, though, indeed. But I do think this is a more than appropriate rendition of your lovely charrie!
Hedya
Member for 6 years

Postby Alacer Phasmatis on Mon May 02, 2011 2:44 pm

x) I'm going to draw another one in about a month, when IB tests are over... he needs to look more angelic and human, rather than Italian model-esque, to suit my mental image. the sort of glamorous prettiness this drawing has is much more closely associated with Foertis or the elves, in my head...

(Although for some personal acquaintances, this is the Signum they've been imagining; this is why writing lengthy descriptions > posting pictures).
Alacer Phasmatis
Member for 6 years

Postby jewelryab on Tue May 17, 2011 2:54 am

I might be absolutely and terribly wrong, because my memory is not the best memory in the world, but I do not believe I ever gave a name to her hometown, now did I? In the even that I can't remember because I really didn't give a name, I'll stop to think for a bit, and write it up later!
jewelryab
Member for 3 years

Postby Hedya on Tue May 17, 2011 3:37 am

^ Annoying bots... I wrote that, ages ago!
Hedya
Member for 6 years

Postby Alacer Phasmatis on Thu May 19, 2011 2:07 pm

It looks like a spammer whose signature's links either lead you to viruses or are shameless advertising... a theory supported by their posting history. How base.
Alacer Phasmatis
Member for 6 years

Postby Hedya on Fri May 20, 2011 5:26 pm

A spam-bot, basically... I know those quite well, sadly.
Hedya
Member for 6 years

Previous

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.