WoLaD's Creative Moments...

Topic Tags:

Drawing, painting, playing, and writing! All your creative instincts can be satiated here - feedback, commissions, contests, and even requests!

Moderators: Scholars, Designers

WoLaD's Creative Moments...

Postby Alacer Phasmatis on Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:47 pm

Okey-dokes, chaps. The title says it all (and if it doesn't make sense to you, or the acronym is foreign, then this is probably non-applicable).

To the unfamiliar people who browse strange topics at random: A while back, ShadowWake made Gaia avatars of her key characters; her uncanny depictions prompted the rest of us FFers to add our own, which she organized into groups based on IC interaction, and which I've nicked from her-- remember dudes, all her compilation, all her work, she gets the creds. I just wanted these in the first post. ^__^

Image Image
Image Image ImageImageImage
Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Alacer Phasmatis
Member for 6 years

Re: WoLaD's Creative Moments...

Postby ShadowWake on Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:38 pm

Gah! I was going to try and put up my PS coloured versions of your sketches, Alacer but for some reason it keeps telling me they're unavailable whenever I post the damn thing! And now it won't let me delete the post so I thought I'd whinge instead! :(

Second try:
Anahita copy.jpg
(69.55 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Damn it all!! WHY IS IT NOT WORKING?? It works fine in PMs... Alacer, I'm going to send you an email with everything I have in it so's you can pop it up here as and when you need/want to. If that's ok? I just know if I don't I'm going to do some very nasty things to my poor old PC out of sheer frustration... :x
Last edited by ShadowWake on Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ShadowWake
Member for 6 years

Postby Alacer Phasmatis on Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:53 pm

XD

I'll edit something in later as well...
Alacer Phasmatis
Member for 6 years

Postby Hedya on Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:43 pm

You'll be able to put them here, surely... yup! I'm waiting to see what wonders will appear around here :o
Strength is not the answer, I can tell you that.
Hedya
Member for 6 years

Postby Alacer Phasmatis on Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:56 pm

Okay, chaps, I'm mooching offa SW's genius once again! Eh, the attachments aren't working for her, so I'll see if they'll do as much for me; here are the character sketches she gave coloured life to via photoshop. EDIT: I was mooching. -.- It does a preview with the darned attachments, but they don't show up. What the hey?

Fine. I'll be messy and upload photobucket images later, since the bloody job shouldn't be left undone. For now, though, bed calls...

EDIT: Ta-daaaaa! Moochery completed. v.v

Oh, and this is mine. :P Yes, the right eye is off-- I realize that.

See, I've got two lovely friends who rather enjoy all art forms, and this includes manga. I suck at manga. No, that doesn't even describe the whole of my complete and utter failure at the japanese art form appropriately; simply put, I've never mastered the style, all my pieces are inevitable failures and for this, I stick to realism. However, one of the aforementioned lovelies was (almost) always visisbly brightened whenever I did an art piece a la manga, particularly of the RP's characters (since I've roped the lassies into reading FF, and they've liked it enough to keep on with it-- unlike the failed attempt with sister dear). As a result, I decided to draw Foertis in manga. Needless to say, it doesn't look quite as I imagined him (probably the cartoonish artistry), and forget the dude in the upper left corner-- that was Argenti, but it doesn't even bear a fig of resemblance to my mental image of him.

Line-art of Diarmuid in the woods; if I ever get the urge, I might finish, I suppose. Excuse the image quality, this is a cellphone pic. :)

Attachments
Lilith[1].jpg
Didn't she do a nice job of Lilith?
(112.95 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Anahita copy.jpg
And here's my wittle Pardai...
(69.55 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Alacer Phasmatis
Member for 6 years

Postby ShadowWake on Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:54 am

Ooh! New piccies! OOOH! :D

And Alacer, I know you said Foertis was purdy but I didn't realise how purdy! *paws ineffectually at purdy drawing* If only I was as talented... *sigh*

EDIT: I found photobucket! Woop! :D
All Alacer's purdy work, except for the colouring. That was me. :)
Aerain, sort of. Her hair is blacker and curlier and the lips are really really wrong. As well as every other part of her features...
And Phoenix. Whose face is also wrong. Dammit.
At last, a picture that turned out the way I wanted it. Phoenix's Phoenix. Lol.
ShadowWake
Member for 6 years

Postby Alacer Phasmatis on Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:44 pm

... I like your wrong. :]
And yeah, just because we can't go posting every so often with comments, I'll stick a few avatars made from other sketches. :P
ImageOh! I've got a new and improved image of him underway. Hopefully, it'll be closer to the man than the previous five sorta-but-not-quite predecessors.
Image"What?! This is as big as you'll make it? But my gorgeousness is completely impractical for admiration from this minute size! Impudent mortal, what tom-foolery is this! Then again, I suppose that not being exposed to small increments of my ravishing visage would render short-lived being like you completely inane, and that such as that is, *continues*"

EDIT:

Last edited by Alacer Phasmatis on Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
Alacer Phasmatis
Member for 6 years

Postby Hedya on Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:49 pm

Lovely impressing drawings!! I'm amazed...
Hedya
Member for 6 years

Postby Alacer Phasmatis on Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:23 pm

:blush: Thanks aplenty! Come on, join us with a bit of your own work ;)
Alacer Phasmatis
Member for 6 years

Postby Hedya on Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:15 pm

No waay! I wouldn't know how to draw something good... I've always been terrible at drawing, to be honest...
Hedya
Member for 6 years

Postby ShadowWake on Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:32 pm

Yay, Phoenix and... Argenti...? *hopes* That's at least how I see him in my mind anyway! And poor ol' Selan with the little baby deer shifter... naaaw. Bloody impressed with Tarn's eyes though - they suit him perfectly!

Do you want me to pop the rest of the PS versions of your drawings up, Alacer?
ShadowWake
Member for 6 years

Postby Alacer Phasmatis on Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:18 pm

Yes, please! XD And actually, I tried to draw Foertis again, but I failed at it (doing likenesses is a difficulty for a certain little someone, in case y'alls have gathered :roll:). So yeah, it can be Argenti... but we'd have to discreetly ignore Foertis's name spelled in Eastern Fae. 8)

Easy 'nuff. I mean, who here actually knows Eastern Fae, except for the kid with the alphabet chart? [edit] You know, I'll just scan in a different drawing, give the dude Argenti's 'do, write his name, etc. It'll work. [/edit]And I swear that the following is creativity. It might not look or sound like it, but cross my heart and hope to die, it is. Y'all have seen it before, though. :)

Ciarán’s Song

Born alone, all alone,
In the darkness
Feel alone.
See the spider
Spin her web,
Now the darkness
Strikes her dead.

All alone, born alone,
On the darkness
Is my throne.
So the shadows
Reign supreme,
Here alone, all alone.

Take me now,
Oh brothers dear,
In me sow
Your seed of fear.
Take me now,
Oh blackest night,
See in me
Your growing blight.

Born alone, all alone,
In the darkness
Feel alone.
Now as kindred
Bound as one
We rise upon
The breaking dawn.

Dawn of twilight,
Dawn of eve,
Dawn of evil
Breaking free.
Alacer Phasmatis
Member for 6 years

Postby ShadowWake on Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:02 pm

Whoops! *cringes* I can see the eyebrows now... lol. It seemed like Argenti I think because of the more serious cast to his mouth (and that you'd done Foertis previously, so my brain got confused) but I think the eyes work really well for our fiery butterfly. I'd say keep it as Foertis. *nods assertively*

Yay, Ciarán’s song (I always have to copy that - and the elven capital - because of the bloomin' accent, lol)! And of course songs and poetry are creativity!! What else would they be otherwise?!

I'll edit my previous post with the rest of the piccies for you now. :D

Cancel, that - apparently I'm not allowed to edit my previous post... Piccies will be here.

Alacer's purdy drawings that I destroyed with PS CS3:

And a HeroMachine version of Nstif'ikta (except that she looks far more seductive than this...):
ShadowWake
Member for 6 years

Postby okugi99 on Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:17 pm

Aw man! I'm so jealous of all these talented geniuses!! Maybe I'll think of something creative later on...? Probably not... *stares at the pictures again* Damn! I wish I could draw.
"Nah......at first I thought I just slipped or something, you know, 'cause it was all raining and slippery......and then I saw blood on my foot and side, and then I realized, ahhh, I was shot. Just when I was about to kill the scums......they all ran away. And then Tom-san began telling me all this scary stuff like how if I didn't get a doctor right way I'd die of lead poisoning......" -Shiuo (DRRR)
okugi99
Member for 6 years

Postby Alacer Phasmatis on Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:51 pm

... Okay, dude. Just for that, I'm tempted to add a drawing of Stickman Sam getting his laughs with a bunch of cannons aimed at stick-faeries. Just to prove that you don't need good art or award-winning writing (heck, we've all got good literary talent) to post here-- witness my stunning debut. And you know, I would do Sam, but I'm too lazy to.
Alacer Phasmatis
Member for 6 years

Postby Hedya on Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:10 am

I vote for stickman versions of our characters and short comic strips! :D

My my, great coloring, SW!

And just for the record... à è ì ò ù á é í ó ú â ê î ô û ä ë ï ö ü

And I didn't copy them! Hehe!

PS: by the way, I didn't say it before, but I loved Selan's drawing! :D
Hedya
Member for 6 years

Postby Alacer Phasmatis on Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:54 pm

Not our characters... but certainly, a threat being carried out.

Last edited by Alacer Phasmatis on Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alacer Phasmatis
Member for 6 years

Postby Hedya on Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:15 am

Oh, thanks to you, Stickman Sam, for brighten up our day! (good one, Alacer! :D )

PS: poor faeries!!
Hedya
Member for 6 years

Postby Alacer Phasmatis on Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:25 pm

Hehe, thanks-- and so it is that Sam goes digital. He started out waaaay back in fourth grade, on the margin of my notepaper, doing random things whenever I felt day-dreamy.

Oh, and Sam says 'you're welcome'.

The faeries were stunt doubles, I'm sure. And if they weren't... um, Sam can try his hand at necromancy!
Last edited by Alacer Phasmatis on Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alacer Phasmatis
Member for 6 years

Postby okugi99 on Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:24 pm

XD! Alacer, you just crack me up! Fine! I'll try something and I'll post it. But give me some time. No inspirations yet.

Man, "sadistic side"... X3
okugi99
Member for 6 years

Next

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.