Forum rules
This forum is for OOC discussion about existing roleplays.

Please post all "Players Wanted" threads in the Roleplayers Wanted forum!

Xiwe - A Medieval Fantasy Adventure (OOC)

Topic Tags:

Forum for completely Out of Character (OOC) discussion, based around whatever is happening In Character (IC). Discuss plans, storylines, and events; Recruit for your roleplaying game, or find a GM for your playergroup.

Xiwe - A Medieval Fantasy Adventure (OOC)

Postby Moonwing on Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:33 pm

Xiwe is... well, how to put this? It’s a medieval fantasy roleplay, set in a kind of 'old-style adventure rpg game' setting. Characters will group together on side quests for items and power-ups, they will squabble over who gets the experience points (XP) from a battle, over which formation is better for fighting a group of mountain orcs, etcetera.

Sound fun? It is! The level ups and quests are just how the world works, there will be no breaking of any fourth wall (i.e.: "It’s not my fault, some human gamer picked my race") because there isn’t any fourth wall to break. Characters won’t have names like xX_Alice_Xx, unless some cruel parent wanted to refer to their child as ‘ksh-ksh-underscore-alice-underscore-ksh-ksh.’ I’ll outline things a bit so you don’t get confused here:

This is a Medieval Fantasy roleplay set in a world called Xiwe. Characters have skill sets (recorded on their scrolls which magically alter themselves to record changes) which they can level up by acquiring special equipment, buying level ups from vendors, or levelling up by earning experience points from performing tasks or quests. To kick-start a plot, I’ll have my character be looking for some adventurers to go questing with her for some sweet power items and experience points, not to mention a high gold reward.

In a post below this, I’ll include a reference sheet for what races we have so far (so we don't get their attributes mixed up; i.e. whether elves have pointed ears or not), what abbreviations stand for, what skills cover and how they work, etcetera.

MORE ON THE SETTING:

Okay, so, the world we’re playing is called Xiwe [Zy-way], a citizen of Xiwe is a Xiwean. I’ve drawn a VERY basic map, but feel free to add new things beyond the borders, and add new race territory, etc.

Gold pieces are the currency. All gold pieces are worth exactly the same (1 gold), they’re around the size of a loony (size of a half-dollar for you Americans) and weigh about as much.

Dream up as many monsters, races, spells, places, etcetera, as you like. PM new spells and races to me, and I’ll add them to the appropriate list. A fun world is an expanding one.

As for religion... let’s try not to mimic any major real-life religions in here. We’ll say there are a myriad of gods and demi gods subscribing to everything from Darkness to fish. If pleased enough (i.e., if a darkness god has a follower who slays enough bunny rabbits and puppies in their name to earn some favour), a god or demi god may grant their follower a gift or power. Rarely. The gods try not to look down on Xiwe most of the time.

You know how in this life you can choose what manner of career you’ll follow, and you model your education and style your resumes after that career? It’s like that with classes. Basically a character can pursue being the very best as a Ranger (wandering adventurer), Mage (expert in magics), Fighter (expert in, well, fighting), or Rogue (criminal).

This is NOT set in a published universe, so let’s not have any references to Final Fantasy or Adventure Quest or anything like that.

This IS a world, not loony tunes. We can have fun, but let’s try to maintain a level of seriousness; while writing for your character, recall that this world, levelling up, etcetera, is as real life to them as eating food and breathing is to you. I don’t want to see people chasing each other with ‘rubber chickens of doom (+50 STR, +30 DEX)’ or something. Being proud of your new sword because it builds your STR, DEX, and CHA scores, however, that’s something else.

This is also a Medieval Fantasy setting. Clothing, weapons, etc. Will all subscribe to this. If I see something out of this setting without a DARN good explanation, I’ll call you on it.

RULES FOR JOINING:

Want to join? Well, you should honestly be able to answer ‘yeah, I can do that’ to all of the below, then.

1) Keep it PG-15

2) Write in third person, past tense

3) Be literate (make the words green at BARE MINIMUM, and use the English language effectively, don't just keep 'talking' to fill space.)

4) Respect thy fellow roleplayer, and thy roleplay master (me)

5) Be willing to change something if you are called on it and can’t provide a satiating explanation

6) Keep OOC in the OOC, and IC in the IC.

7) Don’t god-mode, power-play, speed-fight or play any detestable character type such as a Sue, Despie, or Sob-Story (in order ‘I’m so perfect it burns your eyes’, ‘my primary purpose is to hook up with someone’, and ‘all I care about is talking about my horrible, HORRIBLE life.’)

CHARACTER SHEET:

Still in? YAY! Fill out the form below and post it here, I’ll go over it and approve it. Please try not to go crazy with high stat numbers (you’ll be risking charges of god-moding and sue-dom)
Also, please WAIT FOR IT TO BE APPROVED BEFORE YOU START POSTING IC. If I call you on something, I'll do it via PM. If you disagree, reply via PM. All 'haggling' and other negotiations concerning that kind fo thing will happen over PM, just between the two of us.

Note: pictures are NOT acceptable as any part of a profile or post. This post does not count as an introduction, when introducing your character in the IC thread, pretend this sheet never existed.

Full name:
Class:
Appearance: (Note the bit on appearance under ‘Skills’, and please include AT LEAST your character’s height, hair color, eye color, skin tone, body type, and what they usually wear, include any noticeable tattoos or scars, as well.)
Weapons:
Other Information:
Weaknesses/Strengths (include any necessary explanations in parentheses ‘( )’)
FIRE:
WATER:
EARTH:
WIND:
DARK:
LIGHT:
Skills (include any necessary explanations in parentheses ‘( )’)
STR:
DEX:
DEF:
MAG:
LUK:
CHA:
INT:
LVL:
Last edited by Moonwing on Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:05 am, edited 5 times in total.
(\ /)
( . .)
c(")(")
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination

Looking for something fun, epic, and literally fantastical? Come join up with
Xiwe - a Medieval Fantasy Adventure
Moonwing
Member for 6 years

Sounds fairly interesting, and I would like to join, but before I fill out the character skeleton I have a few questions.
What am I suppose to list after each element?
How am I suppose to give a ranking to each skill and how does that affect my gameplay?
What are the available skills?
What are the available weapons?
And a few not related to the character sheet
Do you already have a plot and such planned out?
If not do you have a direction for this roleplay?
When do you plan on starting IC?(Every roleplay that I've ever joined has died before it could really get started.)
I don't mean to sound rude, as it's your roleplay and you can do whatever you want, but it might be helpful if you gave us a little more structure(Such as available races, skills, weapons, spells ect.) before setting us lose on the character sheet.
~Hope to fill out one soon
Liden Zarroc
Because I'm Broken When I'm Lonesome
And I Don't Feel Right When You're Gone Away
~>xx<~
LITTLESUN1
LittleSun1
Member for 6 years

Liden, I said I would list that in this post; patience is a virtue ^^ I listed the basic direction in the first post here, I'll describe it in more detail when the IC starts I'll wait till we have a few (3 or 4?) joiners before I start the IC. See my character profile below this post for an example of how to fill yours out. As for weapons, just so it fits in a medieval fantasy setting, it's fine.

SKILLS:

These determine a character’s, well, skill! How many points are available in a particular skill differs depending on what level the character is (see ‘LVL’). Also, skills do not effect physical appearance. I.e.: A character with a high dexterity skill will not automatically be slender.

STR = Strength. This score effects the force a character can inflict upon things physically. It does not affect magical abilities at all. It does not affect endurance levels at all.

MG = Magic. This score effects the force a character can inflict upon things magically. It does not configure the amount of magic points (MP) a character can carry.

DEX = Dexterity. This score effects the speed and agility with which your character can get around things (i.e.: avoiding capture, dodging projectiles, etc.)

INT = Intelligence. This score effects how, well, how intelligent your character will be. High intelligence scores will let your character learn, solve, and master things more quickly.

CHA = Charisma. This covers anything that makes other characters want to be around yours, or do what your character asks. The physical affects this spell; if you have gross stuff all over your face, chances are your CHA skill will suffer until you clean it off.

LUK = Luck. Anything that increases your odds of succeeding with things of chance.

END = Endurance. The higher this number is, the less damage a character will take from either magical or physical attacks of any kind. This score also adds to a character’s overall HP number.

OTHERS:

XP: Experience Points. Characters get them from, well, things they’ve experienced. Experiencing a conversation won’t get you XP. Outwitting a wizard, defeating a quest, learning how to make a sword, those would. Number of XP gained ranges widely depending on the difficulty of the task.

HP: Health Points; basically how healthy your character is. Someone with 1 HP left is pretty much dying. How much HP you have depends on your DEF score. If your DEF score is the same as when you were born (100), then you’ll have 50 HP. You get approximately one third (.33) of a health point for every DEF point, so a +9 DEF score would land you with 103 HP.

GP: Just an abbreviation for how many Gold Pieces your character has. (someone who runs up to you and says ‘Your GP or your HP!’ can be translated to saying ‘your money or your life!’). Get it by, well, earning money.

MP: Magic Power. Mages need this to cast their spells. Different spells require different amounts of MP, more for harder spells, less for low-level ones, etc. MP you can find from ingesting magical concoctions, being blessed by a wizard or a god or magical being of some kind, having a spell cast on you, etc. Eating chicken won’t get you more MP. Eating enchanted chicken, that just might. This subscribes to your MAG score the same way HP subscribes to DEF, starting at 100, and going up .33 for every MAG point acquired.

LVL = not really a skill, this shows what level your character is. Level 1 is the level a character is born with. The next level is achieved by earning 200 experience points, level three by earning four hundred, and so on, doubling the number of XP needed each time. Level 1 allows a character’s skill points to go as high as 30 in each skill. Level 2 takes it up to 50, and from there on it adds 50 per level. No matter what level a character is, there is no limit to how far into the negatives a skill can go.

WEAKNESSES/STRENGTHS = how much damage (or healing) a character will receive from a spell or attack from a specific element. All magic (and most physical attacks) subscribe to the elements of Fire, Air, Earth, and Water. Use your head with these; someone who is really light (like a fairy) will probably be extra susceptible to air attacks, a leafy wood-nymph type creature is probably susceptible to fire, etcetera. Alignment also counts; an undead character will probably take more damage from light than a human would.
+10 is the default for everything. A number in the negatives means that an attack of that nature will do your character good instead of bad.

Feel free to play with these a little! If you go too far off base I’ll call you on it, but really, this is supposed to be fun

RACES:

Race Name: Elves
Average Lifespan: 200 yrs.
Generalities in Appearance: One will scarcely ever meet an elf who is under 5’11” tall. Light eyes and light skin are usual, hair color is generally unnatural shades (blue, green, etc.). Ears are long (abt. 4”) and pointed.
Preferred Habitat: Forest
Other: Elves are a very ancient species, and as such are held in high regard

Race Name: Humans
Average Lifespan: 90 yrs.
Generalities in Appearance: Identical to the humans today; natural hair colors only (blond, brown, red, etc.), skin tones, eye colors, and heights vary widely
Preferred Habitat: Any
Other: Humans are...too durn ordinary for this field!

Race Name: Dwarves
Average Lifespan: 60 yrs.
Generalities in Appearance: Usually around 4’6”-5’0” in height, also generally stocky in build. Dark hair and eyes are common.
Preferred Habitat: Caves, tunnels, mountains.
Other: Dwarves have a proud mining heritage

Race Name: Fiend
Average life span: unknown, can live for several thousand years-oldest known is 5,000 years old
Generalities in Appearance: Varies widely; monsterous - may combine human, animal, plant, or elemental traits in various ways, being incorperal (ghostlike) is also a possible physical trait.
Preferred Habitat: Any
Other: Fiends thrive on death & chaos-wherever there's strife, they'll show up eventually.

Race Name: Vampire
Average Lifespan: 150 yrs.
Generalities in Appearance: Vampires are usually very tall, around the six feet mark at the age of 16. The hair colors of these night-dwellers are dark colors (black or dark brown). They have varied eye colors and skin tones.
Preferred Habitat: Dark places because the light hurts them.
Other: Noctournal creature, feeds on the blood of the living

Race Name: Fairy
Average Lifespan: 5 yrs.
Generalities in Appearance: Usually about 4'6" in height, always winged, wingspan is usually approximately 6-7" across and 7-8" high from tip to tip. Luminescent, frail body structure, butterfly-like antennae grow from top of head.
Preferred Habitat: Forests
Other: Whenever a fairy uses magic, he or she becomes physically weaker.

Race Name: Kangistian
Average Lifespan: 80 years
Generalities in Appearance: covered in light fur and stands 6-8 feet tall on its hind legs. Ears are placed on top of the head, rather than the side. Their eyes are that of a cats, often matching their fur, but not always. Kangistians tend to have sharp claws and teeth. Lastly a tail.
Other: This species is rare and usually found in small, under developed tribes.

SPELLS:

TO GET - To get spells, you need to learn them. You can learn spells by having someone who already knows it teach it to you, or by purchasing a scroll wtih the necessary information in a shop.

TO USE - first you need the appropriate level, skill capability, and amount of MP to cast the spell. There are two kinds of spells in the world:
COMPONANT SPELLS - require spell componants. To cast a componant spell, you must have all of the above AND the necessary componant. First focus your midn, and/or assume the appropriate pose/gesture, and/or recite the appropriate words for the spell, and use it on the componant, then make the componant have physical contact with whatever you want to affect.
SPIRIT SPELLS - require only your mind and all of the things in the second paragraph of this section. Simply learn the spell, focus your mind, and/or assume the appropriate pose/gesture, and/or recite the appropriate words for the spell to cast it.

To submit a new spell, copy one and fill it out with your own specs,then PM it to me for approval, then I'll add it to the spell list which is farther down on this page.

Spell Name: Fireball
MP needed: 20
Level required: 1
What it does: Shoots a fireball the size of a human's fist.
Avg. damage (if applicable): 3-7
Element: Fire

Spell Name: Waterball
What it does: Shoots a sphere of water the size of a human's fist.
Element: Water

Spell Name: Breezeball
What it does: Shoots a swirling orb of wind the size of a human's fist.
Element: Wind

Spell Name: Mudball
What it does: Shoots a blob of mud the size of a human's fist.
Element: Earth

Spell Name: Shadow ball
What it does: Shoots an orb of darkness the size of a human's fist.
Element: Dark

Spell Name: Glowball
What it does: Shoots a sphere of light the size of a human's fist.
Element: Light

Spell Name: Blaze
MP needed: 22
Level required: 2
What it does: Blaze sends a brief wave of fire towards your opponent. Though the affect is fairly simple the wording of the spell holds many chances of mispronunciation which results in a large explosion centered on the caster. You must have a source of fire before hand to cast this spell.
Avg. damage (if applicable): 5-9
Element: Fire

Spell Name: Vicious Briar
MP needed: 27
Level required: 3
What it does: Vicious Briar drastically increases the growth of a root or vine and sets it against the casters opponents for the duration of the spell. If cast incorrectly the growth will attack without preferance. You must have a large seed on hand to cast this spell unless you are in a woodsy area.
Avg. damage (if applicable): In most cases this spell does not actually afflict damage, just binds the target.

Spell Name: Tourniquet
MP needed: Minimum of 20(This allows you to heal for 1-4 HP, for every extra 2 the possible healing power of the spell increase by 2.)
Level required: 1(The amount of MP you are aloud to commit to this spell is limited to 22 for level one characters. For each level you advance you may commit up to 2 more MP to each casting of this spell. EX. Level 2 Max MP = 24)
What it does: This spell heals one comrad(or you) for a limited amount of HP. You may not cast this spell on a moving target. This spell will not bring someone back to life.
Avg. damage (if applicable):
Element: Water

Spell Name: Spirtual Buffer
MP needed: 30
Level required: 4
What it does: Spirtual Buffer protects the caster and ALL living things within a 10 foot radious of them from any pyhisical attacks. It also wards against all magic besides spells with the elements light and dark. This spell requires complete concentrations from the casters you may not make any sudden movements, speak in more than fragments, or cast any other spells while the Spirtual Buffer is active. Characters outside the buffer will find themselves unable to enter.
Element: Wind

Spell Name: Luminous Nebulous
MP needed: 32
Level required: 3
What it does: Luminous Nebulous has two functions, it can either make an area blindingly light or so dark that most characters will not be able to see. Because the incantation for each part of the spell is the same it is possible for it to be the opposite of what the caster intented to occure.
Element: Light or Dark

Spell Name: Feral Rally
MP needed: 28 (This increases by 15 for each extra creature summoned.)
Level required: 2(Higher level required depending on the summoned animals strength and intelligence.)
What it does: Feral Rally can sommon one simple creature to your parties aid. They will fight with you until all opponents are dead or until you free them from the spell(In the case that an opponent were to escape). If this spell fails the summoned creature will either ignore it, or attack the caster. You do not need to see the creature to summon it, but if there are none of that creature in the area nothing will come.
Avg. Damage: Depends on what is summoned
Last edited by Moonwing on Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:09 am, edited 8 times in total.
Moonwing
Member for 6 years

Oh god. I'm so sorry, I should've paid more attention to your post. I hope it doesn't seem like I meant to attack you or anything, I just wasn't sure what to do.
I'm feel rather embarressed and stupid now.... :oops: :(
I really am sorry.......

---------------
Full name: Brisa Arsinoe Silvestra
Age: 43 (Since elves live roughly twice as long as humans I figure their 43 would equate to a humans twenties.)
Race: Elvin
Class: Mage
Appearance: Brisa's appearance is fairly typical of elves, if not more extreme in some aspects. Her skin is almost translucently pale, due to her previously sheltered lifestyle, and her eyes are a watery blue. Standing just at 6'1 she is scarcely muscled and not slender but skinny, as if she'd recently been plagued by sickness. Brisa's wispy hair is just shades away from the light blue of her eyes and always worn down, sometimes obscuring her vision. She's clothed in a one-piece tunic-style top and knee-length culotte(a skirt halved mid-way down to allow a wider range of leg movement) combo made of light brown cloth and embroidered with white thread. The rest of her attire consist of a battered pair of brown leather boots, a deep green traveling cloak and an drawstring backpack made of a modified potato sack. Along her right arm and torso you can see a light trail of aged burns.
Weapons: Two stout daggers that are most often kept in their sheaths
Other Information: Brisa was born sickly and weak which affects her body to this day. While her mind and magic are sharp even among her own kind, she has very little strength, less stamina than most, is very susceptible to sickness and is a poor hand to hand fighter. Though an elf Brisa has never held residence in the woods, aside from the occasional quest or visits with distant family she has lived her entire life within the city of Miridon.
Weaknesses/Strengths
FIRE: +50 (Brisa harbors a fear of fire)
WATER: +10
EARTH: +10
WIND: +10
DARK: 0 (Brisa's Elvin eyesight provides her with enough light to deal with most situations)
LIGHT: +40 (In this area her keen eyes work against her providing Brisa with to much light for her to handle, in a sense, blinding her.)
Skills
STR: +5 (Brisa has a weak body; this also affects her dexterity and defense.)
DEX: +25
DEF: +14
MAG: +35
LUK: +10
INT: +38 (Brisa is mentally strong in place of her physical inadequacy, hence she became a mage.)
CHA: +25
LVL: 2
Last edited by LittleSun1 on Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
LittleSun1
Member for 6 years

Brisa is approved! She looks like she'd be fun to play with! Now go plug this topic to all your friends, family, and wrong numbers!

^^

EDIT: I ahve added Tiel's profile to this post; my first two posts are now wholly introduction, rules, and references.

Full name: Tiel Cartwright (Ty-el Karr-t-rite)
Race: Human
Class: Ranger
Appearance: Tiel stands at around 5’8”, with a decent amount of tone to mostly her arms, legs, and lower body; she does a lot of walking and practicing with her weapons when she is not doing side-quests, etcetera. She usually wears leather boots, slacks, a loose-fitting, dull coloured tunic with long sleeves, tied with a belt, and a dark cloak with a hood which she can easily roll around one arm if she needs it out of her way. Her hair is long, down to her waist when let loose, and is kept in three long braids. It is a coppery brown-red in color. Her eyes are grey.
Weapons: A large hunting knife, also a longbow and arrows which she keeps slung across her back.
Other Information: Tiel was cursed on her last quest by a wizard who wasn’t satisfied with the results. She now has indescribably bad luck; she pretty much has a 99% chance of getting mugged if she goes outside at night, etcetera. Her life’s ambition is to be the most famous adventurer of all time, but right now she just wants some help on a nifty side quest that has the added benefit of lifting her curse.
Weaknesses/Strengths
FIRE: +10
WATER: +50 (Hydrophobic)
DARK: +20
LIGHT: -10
Skills
STR: +30
DEX: +36
DEF: +20
MAG: +5
LUK: -200 (The curse)
CHA: +35
INT: +20
LVL: 2
Last edited by Moonwing on Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:55 am, edited 3 times in total.
Moonwing
Member for 6 years

Re: Xiwe - A Medieval Fantasy Adventure Game

Postby Kargoth on Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:34 pm

Is it possible to play non-human characters (undead, fiends, ect ?)
Kargoth
Member for 6 years

Of course you can, Kargoth; I woudln't have added the other races to that race list, otherwise ;) If you have a race in mind which is not on the list, copy one fo the races, fill it out with the specs for your race, and PM it to me for approval. ^^
Moonwing
Member for 6 years

Re: Xiwe - A Medieval Fantasy Adventure

Postby Kargoth on Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:15 pm

Full name: Grimknar skullcrucher
Race: fiend
Class: fighter
Appearance:
height: 12'6
weight: 846
eyes: bloodshot yellow
hair: pitch black & rust red spotting, black "mohawk" mane
body type: bipedial hyena, atheletic
misc: often wears battered breastplate, gauntlets & greaves along with a bloodstained tunic made from poorly tanned leather
Weapons: Three headed mithril flail, each chain is 16 feet long and barbed, the heads are 15 lbs each and covered in various spikes & blades. Also carries a spiked shield
Other Information:
FIRE:+10
WATER:+10
EARTH:+10
WIND:+10
DARK:-100
LIGHT:+100
STR:100
DEX:125
DEF: 90
MAG: 60
LUK:50
CHA:30
INT: 50
LVL: 8
Other Information: Bio
Grimknar skullcrusher is a monsterous creature who was enslaved by a long dead archwizard as a general to lead his armies in destroying the local wizards guild that dissowned him after finding out about his bizzare experiments. The battle was short but fierce, ending with grimknar victorious, however his summoner went back on the deal and imprisioned grimknar in his dungeons. Eventually, after many years the wards that imprisioned him degraded enough to allow grimknar to escape and have his revenge. He now wanders the land, looking for ways to increase his own power. In battle, grimknar prefers to wade into melee, where his incredible physical abilities make him a formidable foe.
While grimknar is a savage brute, but he does have a sense of martial pride and will only attack an armed enemy. While he dislikes most magic, he's very interested in gaining magical items, spells that boost his physical power, and summoning creatures to aid him in battle.
Last edited by Kargoth on Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kargoth
Member for 6 years

Postby Moonwing on Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:32 am

I am moonwing, and I approve this profile!

xD I've always wanted to do that...

You're in, Kargoth; looking forward to RP-ing with you. Lol, Tiel will probably see Grimknar and go '...this bad luck thing SUUUUUUUUCKS! *defensive stance* xDD

I've got a couple buds I'm going to bug to join this so we can have a couple more people, but if I can't talk them into joining, we can jump into the frey with three players and let other people view our epic win until they just HAVE to join!

Still, plug this roleplay like crazy, folks!
Moonwing
Member for 6 years

Postby Kargoth on Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:40 am

Haha..probably, though her best bet would be dropping her weapons & giving up, provided thats an option..now if would suck if we're questing for the same item...lol

Then again, grimknar could be an all around funny character..shopping, eating, going on quests with him, questing against him..generally anybody who can stand to hang out with him is in for an interesting time.
Kargoth
Member for 6 years

Postby Impisus on Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:57 pm

Full name: Impisus T'Sabolt
Age: 42 (going off of the previously stated idea that 42 is 22 in human.)
Race: half breed of Elf and Kangistian
Class: Rogue (thief)

Appearance: 5'7" (hes a runt in size) approximately 135 lbs. brown hair down to his shoulders with blue eyes. he has two piercings in his left ear (cartilage). He wears a black long sleeve shirt with a few intricate designs around the hems (collar, cuffs and bottom of shirt) he wears the sleeves rolled up to his elbows. over the shirt he wears a black vest, also with intricate designs on the front of it. his trousers are a dark tan. all of his cloths seem pricey. He wears two belts on his waist. one to carry his sword, which hangs slightly low. the other holds pouches. a third belt is worn like a sash, also holding pouches. finally he wears a few beaded bracelets and necklaces which leads to his tribal upbringing. lastly, under his shirt (so they aren't revealed) he has a few tattoos to show other thieves what guilds he's part of. most notably is the sun on his left shoulder and moon on his right. another one is of a skull followed by four roses vertically on his torso (left side, under his arm).

Weapons: a long sword and a dagger. (This is a back up weapon in case he is captured and bound. If he was bound with his hands behind his back he would be able to reach up his vest and grab the hilt to help cut himself free. it also serves as a shield for his spine. He rarely finds reason to use it and tries to not use it.

Other Information: Impisus has a fear of fire which was spawned when a fortune teller predicts his death. Impisus is slightly superstitious. He is also very devout in his religion, following a neutral god. Impisus enjoys fighting for what he feels is the underdog. once the underdog is put on top he turns coat and attempts to take them down. he believes every one should feel the glory of a life goal completed. Impisus attempts to be very kind and helpful until he feels they reach kudos. He has a love for winter as well as his home town. He enjoys being on the latest trends, catching up on the latest news and people watching. He is, however a coward when it comes to face to face combat. He prefers to wait for his opportune time to strike once for a killing blow. He has and will even wait years for the right time.

Weaknesses/Strengths:
FIRE: +50 (fear of fire which may cause him to over react and panic, making the situation even worse.)
DARK: 0
LIGHT: +40
Skills:
STR: +12
DEX: +40 (lack of armor, plus part cat and training as a thief I think would raise this)
DEF: +10
MAG: +10
LUK: +20
CHA: +50 (this is highest because I feel this is his livelihood.)
INT: + 30
LVL: 7
Last edited by Impisus on Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Impisus
Member for 6 years

Postby LittleSun1 on Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:14 pm

People are joining! I'm really excited.
Also, I don't know if this was intentional or not, but no one else seems to have put their intelligence statistic under skills.
I think these characters will be reallying interesting to play with, but I'm a little surprised by all the high levelness, I was under the impression we were starting at level 1! I don't think I'll be keeping Brisa at that level(I'll probably make her level 2 or 3), she won't be much use compared to all the others now....
Can't wait to start!
~Liden
LittleSun1
Member for 6 years

Postby Impisus on Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:52 pm

i was basing mine off of what i saw other people doing. I'm all for starting at level 1. Personally I think we all should start at 1. but its not my call

cant wait for this rp!
Impisus
Member for 6 years

Postby Moonwing on Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:32 pm

No no, I guess I should have cleared that up; you may start at whatever level you choose. And you're right *forehead-smack* I forgot to put 'INT' under skills! Please add that in to your character profiles, below 'CHA:' and above 'LVL.'

I'll put the IC up sometime either this evening or late tomorrow night (Pacific time) I have holiday stuff that needs doing today, work tonight, and work AND exams tomorrow, but I'll get it in ASAP ^^
Moonwing
Member for 6 years

Postby Green Steel on Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:26 pm

Full name: Etruan Dralac
Race: Vampire
Class: Rogue
Appearance: Etruan wears a worn-out brown cloak and hood. He stands at 6'5, has black hair down to his shoulders, and has brown eyes. He is very slender and has pale-white skin.
Weapons: Dagger,
Other Information: Etruan lived in a small village all his life until he was 29. He traveled with a small caravan until everyone but him and a friend were killed by wild animals. As they traveled further, Etruan's friend died from a high fever. That was when Etruan encountered the vampire. Etruan tried to run, but the vampire was too fast. It bit him before he could get away. (If you want a bit more in it, just tell me. I'll do my best.)
WIND: +20
DARK: -70 (Vampire)
LIGHT: +70 (Light hurts vampires...)
STR:25
DEX:50
DEF:25
MAG:10
LUK:50
CHA:20
INT:20
LVL: 3
Last edited by Green Steel on Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"If the steel is gold you are rich. If the steel is green... Then you are Green Steel."
Green Steel
Member for 6 years

Postby Impisus on Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:50 am

Full name: Impisus T'Sabolt
Age: 42 (going off of the previously stated idea that 42 is 22 in human.)
Race: half breed of Elf and Kangistian

Race Name: Kangistian
Average Lifespan: 80 years
Generalities in Appearance: covered in light fur and stands 6-8 feet tall on its hind legs. Ears are placed on top of the head, rather than the side. Their eyes are that of a cats, often matching their fur, but not always. Kangistians tend to have sharp claws and teeth. Lastly a tail.
Other: This species is rare and usually found in small, under developed tribes.

Class: Rogue (thief)
Appearance: 5'7" (hes a runt in size) approximately 135 lbs. brown hair down to his shoulders with blue eyes. he has two piercings in his left ear (cartilage). He wears a black long sleeve shirt with a few intricate designs around the hems (collar, cuffs and bottom of shirt) he wears the sleeves rolled up to his elbows. over the shirt he wears a black vest, also with intricate designs on the front of it. his trousers are a dark tan. all of his cloths seem pricey. He wears two belts on his waist. one to carry his sword, which hangs slightly low. the other holds pouches. a third belt is worn like a sash, also holding pouches. finally he wears a few beaded bracelets and necklaces which leads to his tribal upbringing. lastly, under his shirt (so they aren't revealed) he has a few tattoos to show other thieves what guilds he's part of. most notably is the sun on his left shoulder and moon on his right. another one is of a skull followed by four roses vertically on his torso (left side, under his arm).
Weapons: a long sword and a dagger (the dagger he carries under his vest on his back (this is just my personal curiosity; how does he get at them? 0.o).(This is a back up weapon in case he is captured and bound. If he was bound with his hands behind his back he would be able to reach up his vest and grab the hilt to help cut himself free. it also serves as a shield for his spine. He rarely finds reason to use it and tries to not use it.
Other Information: Impisus has a fear of fire which was spawned when a fortune teller predicts his death. Impisus is slightly superstitious. He is also very devout in his religion, following a neutral god. Impisus enjoys fighting for what he feels is the underdog. once the underdog is put on top he turns coat and attempts to take them down. he believes every one should feel the glory of a life goal completed. Impisus attempts to be very kind and helpful until he feels they reach kudos. He has a love for winter as well as his home town. He enjoys being on the latest trends, catching up on the latest news and people watching. He is, however a coward when it comes to face to face combat. He prefers to wait for his opportune time to strike once for a killing blow. He has and will even wait years for the right time.
Weaknesses/Strengths:
FIRE: +50 (fear of fire which may cause him to over react and panic, making the situation even worse.)
DARK: 0
LIGHT: +40
Skills:
STR: +20
DEX: +40 (lack of armor, plus part cat and training as a thief I think would raise this)
DEF: +10
MAG: +10
LUK: +20
CHA: +50 (this is highest because I feel this is his livelihood.)
LVL: 7
Impisus
Member for 6 years

Postby Moonwing on Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:55 am

Hi guys, I'm sorry the IC isn't up, yesterday night I was going crazy cramming for an exam and doing my customary night-before-fussings over my essay, due the next morning, and today...

heehee

Today was busy. And now I'm braindead and can't write to save my life, but I swear on anything you like that it'll definately be up tomorrow, so start getting your intros ready! EEEEEeeeeeee.....

EDIT:

Green Steel, you're approved!

Impisus, please move your profile over to your last post, and I'll get this one delted so that we don't all get confused with two character sheets up for the same person ^^ ONCE THAT IS TAKEN CARE OF you are approved as well.
Moonwing
Member for 6 years

Re: Xiwe - A Medieval Fantasy Adventure (OOC)

Postby Kædai on Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:41 am

Well, it seems I have become interested. :D Hope I'm not late to the party.

Full name:
Tael Markaan
Race:
Elf
Class:
Ranger
Appearance:
Tael is tall, even for his race, standing at 6'6", and fairly built, weighing 250 lbs. He has short-cut, dark-brown hair, a similarly-colored goatee (Always immaculately groomed.), and dark-tanned skin. His eyes are a bright blue, but a deep scar running from the left side of his forehead to the middle of his chin detracts from them. His face is sharp and angular, but there are also subtle curves in it too.

Tael can usually be seen wearing something along the lines of a black tunic, brown trousers, and thick leather boots, also brown. The tunic is held on with a black sash, tied around the waist. Over this, sometimes Tael will wear a long, flowing, black robe (Like a trenchcoat.), usually worn open. The robe has a hood that Tael will often put up while adventuring.
Weapons:
Tael carries two, four-and-a-half-foot-long swords. The hilt is bent to fit in his hands comfortably, and the blade bends backward at the tip. The hilts are wrapped in a comfortable black cloth, with thin, long ribbons of it hanging off. Tael also carries a black and grey longbow, meticulously cared for. On his back, he carries the arrows for it in a black quiver, with a silver string wrapped around and crossing close to the bottom tip.
Other Information:
Tael is a wanderer, searching the lands for something, anything to do. Often, he will make friends in the various towns he visits, but leaves them when he begins traveling again. Tael is one of the few followers of a religion that worships the Light, their god. Well, the Light isn't a god, per-say. It's a being whose followers believe is the supreme ruler of all things. This ruler is kind, however, and gives his light to his subjects so they may live on. Tael also has a fear of heights, preferring to keep his feet on solid ground.
Weaknesses/Strengths:
DARK: +50
LIGHT: -100
Skills:
STR: 120
DEX: 100
DEF: 100
MAG: 50
LUK: 50
CHA: 75
INT: 100
Level:
Kædai
Member for 6 years

?????
Um.... Kaedai....
Please don't take this personally (as I'm not trying to attack you) but don't you think those scores are a rather high? I mean I know I have no power over this roleplay, but the highest any other character (Who's not a level 8 fiend) has as a score is a 50...
It just doesn't make sense (to me) to give your character such monstrous scores (and no weaknesses) without warrant.
..... So yeah, just getting that out there, although it's really not my place when I think about it.....
Last edited by LittleSun1 on Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LittleSun1
Member for 6 years

woah woah, Liden! that's kind of up to me to say, this stats are perfectly within his level, in fact, his level allows him to go fifty higher in each stat if he wanted to, I think it shows great restraint which is a key quality of a literate roleplayer.

Kaedai, you're approved. ^^

jTo everyone!
PLEASE recall that when writing your intro you must pretend the character sheet in this board never existed; tell us what he/she looks like, what their personality is, what they like and don't like, what class they are, detail where they are going, how, when, where they are at the end of the intro, etcetera etcetera etcetera

literacy is information, people; show your mettle!

heehee, I've always wanted to say that...

ALSO!

Everyone is to ignore estalu's post in IC, unless she wants to go through the same application process you all did, that introduction is not valid, please ignore it.

Thanks!
Moonwing
Member for 6 years

Next

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.