Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: With Chat currently offline... An alternative » Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? »

Players Wanted: Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted » DEAD! »

Year 2372

Year 2372.

a part of “Year 2372”, a fictional universe by Иanophяeak.

Welcome to the future of biotechnology.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Year 2372”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Year 2372.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Иanophяeak on Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:58 pm

Year 2372 is a robot-based RP set in the far future, where humans and organically-based robots co-exist equally. The differences between the two groups are obvious, but cause little unjustified prejudice for them. The most striking difference is the robots' "special functions". In the nation of UNAE, human-like bots live by the millions, most with a special function such as doctoring, silence, strength, intelligence, creativity, speed, and many more (for a complete list, see the "Year 2372" Introduction on the Roleplay tab, accessible above).

You are a citizen in this futuristic world, and have the option of being any bot on the list, or a regular human. You live in UNAE, a nation covering the northern and western areas of what once was the USA, as well as all of Canada and Greenland. From there, opportunities are abound. You could visit a foreign country on one of our submarine trains, traveling beneath the ocean at the speed of sound. For lines with combat potential, join in one of the controlled wars in Death Valley, and slaughter NPC's under your own or my control. Stay at home and deal with the problems of the everyday, like love, loss, and life.

You are in a massive, world-scale RP as only an itty-bitty person. Try not to be too specific with locations, lest you render contact logically impossible. I will be GMing global events and fight requests for those of you thinking militarily. There are spying, espionage, and combat opportunities abound. All you need is to start it off, and people tend to get involved very quickly.

Our rules are simple.

No godmodding.
No robo-racism.
Don't be hatin'.
Try to make fights last.
Read all posts made since your last.
Check threads often.
Post every day if you can.

Also, some things you should know:
Breedbots are neither necessarily pretty, straight, or nice.
Manbots are pretty much brainwashed slaves. They're totally happy about it, but they're locked where they're at.
Killbots have no sexual organs.
Sneakbots need really expensive clothing to be completely invisible, and are visible in all spectra aside from visible light, i.e. infrared.
Socibots require skill to pull off. More than I have myself.
Stopbots cannot activate the HALT drives of bots that aren't marked as criminals or malfunctioning. HALT drives, for those of you who are unclear, stop robots from moving once activated. They're also not that fast or strong, so they need the help of other bots to capture uncooperative rogues.

All I request for profiles is that you are literate and make it clear what bot type you are. The Sandbox is a blank canvas for chatting only, it's for being in any setting and doing any action. If we get >20 people joined, I'll make up some real rooms and we can chat RP. Until then, IC is here.

If you're joining, please post in here. It bumps the topic up and gets us more attention, not to mention gives me a notification so I know you've joined. The IC and Roleplay Tab don't give me notifications, and I may not see you if you don't post in here.

If you have any questions on ANYTHING, ask me. I'm always on chat, and you can reach me by PM on the off chance that I'm not.

For those who are interested, here is an extensive story of this world.

When the Bio-bombs fell in 2140, each country thought they were the only one to have them, that nobody else had managed to develop the perfect conquest weapon: A bomb that killed millions, that could wipe out an entire city even, all without harming a hair on a non-human head. The supervirus that was released from the bombs was a different type in each instance, but the result was the same. Quick, painful death of every thinking, living human being within a ten-mile radius, as the bug was swept into their lungs. What made the bugs so deadly was their lifespan: They lived for no more than a fraction of a second, but super-effecient accelerated mitosis caused them to spread in an expanding shell of death, killing those it came into contact with by clogging their lungs, veins, and heart with their dead bodies.

7.5 billion of the 8.2 billion populating the Earth at the time died in a week. Humans suffered the greatest percentage population loss of any animal that hadn't gone extinct. Those who survived were often sparse, in the countrysides, though some cities had been spared. New Orleans, Toronto, Chicago, Buenos Aires, Eastern Hong Kong, Dublin, and Lyon survived long enough for all missile launching posts to be rendered inoperable before they were hit. They became the new capitals of the World, and for a brief century, the Pax Eona, we rebuilt, reset the boundaries, and tried to scrounge what was left of our great cities, populated now only by dead men.

At the end of the century, the borders had been established. The United North American Empire, UNAE, had taken root in Canada, down to most of the states above the Mason-Dixon line, where their rule gave way to the United Southern Sector, or USS, whose rule extended down to Central American and partially into South America, the lower half of which was held by the Confederação da Baixa da Terra, CBT.
On the other side of the globe, most of Europe, excluding the British Isles, Denmark, and everything north of Germany, was under the control of La Nation du Régiment Français, the NRF.
Controlling native Britain and the above countries, as well as northeastern Russia and Kazakhstan, was the English Parliamentary, EP forces. The rest of Asia and the Middle East was under the rule of the Chinese Barbarics, whom had not organized into a stable government during the Pax Eona and still remained in turmoil, largely ignored by the stable governments. The continents of Africa and Australia, along with most of Indonesia and multiple other islands across the world, were left as nature preserves.

United States Divide
Map of the World
Key: UNAE, USS, CBT, EP, NRF, Neutral, Unsettled Chinese Barbarics.

At the end of the Pax, the leaders of the world realized humanity still had a very aching problem: underpopulation. This was hitting hard, with too many jobs to be done and not enough people to do them. Programs were encouraged, boons given, and aphrodisiacs subtly slipped into the water supplies, all in the name of raising the population. After 100 years of this, the number of humans on Earth was hovering at around 1 billion, when all agreed 3 billion to 4 billion would be required to run efficiently.

Enter Centurion.

Centurion Companies, a massive trust of all the robotics industries in all Nations, came out with the first synthetic human in 2263. A genetically viable, partially organic, walking, talking, thinking, living, and most important, reproducing human-shaped cyborg. Governments ordered millions, and introduced them into the population immediately with full citizen's rights and housing. Before long, census reports marked in at an additional 1 billion humans in just 20 years. This was when production was slowed before things got out of hand, but Centurion was still going strong, developing new models all the time, culminating in the Alpha to Omega lines in 2312. At this time, the trust was broken up by international vote, and Centurion Companies became the name of the UNAE sector of the industries only. Each separate area took on a different name and style of robotics, Centurion in UNAE preferring the humanoid, reproductive model style of the Alpha-Omega lines, RobotaEuro in NRF favoring a decorative but sturdy variety, the MaximaForte of EP going with a simple "large and in charge" gunmetal type, the CBT company, Helio, leaning more towards gears and cogs, and finally the Eros Companies of USS settling on a rounded, traditional style of armor plates. Each company provides it's home country with military robots of the above mentioned styles, making each country easily distinguishable on the battlefield, and also provides regular Lifebots and Breedbots to the population. Only Centurion in UNAE produces the Alpha-Omega lines, being the home base of Centurion Companies in the old times.

Before long, bots were an integral part of society. Equal rights combined with surprisingly little racism made them into friends, husbands, wives. They made, and still make up, 40% of the population. It was too late, and by the time populations started reaching 2.5 billion, governments realized stopping the production of bots would be like genocide. Not that they had any desire to, seeing as some of the most decorated political officials were bots, and the first cyborganic Emperor had already come to power in each nation.

So the bots stayed. Some call it the next step in human evolution. Some call it no big deal. Some say it's the best thing that ever happened. And, as cannot possibly be expressed enough, some... call it hope.

Various skirmishes are currently taking place in areas set aside for warfare in Siberia, Death Valley, the Amazon Desert, and the Andes Mountain range. These skirmishes have taken the place of full-on warfare to limit loss of the already sparse population. Sides are allowed only 500 armymen, 20 combative bots, and a base. The goal of the fight is to be the last one with a surviving base. A destroyed base means disqualification if you have no captured base to replace it, and the game is only won when one side controls all bases, at which time all players, dead and alive both, are removed.

In home countries, life is continuing as normal. TV is being watched, sports being played, friends found, crimes committed, hobbies obsessed over, and families being made, by both humans and bots alike. They are untouched and unaware of the concerns of the government, and live only to support themselves. For them, the Pax Eona lives on.

Additional notes:

The Cyborganic Underground Railroad refers to the illegal immigration of Alpha-Omega line bots to other nations. While humans are allowed to immigrate from nation to nation, robotic assembly is a closely guarded secret of each country, and thus cannot be spread. Most Alpha-Omega lines are content with remaining in the UNAE, but there are always a select few who wish to move. For these, teams of Stopbots and their assistants apprehend them.
Last edited by Иanophяeak on Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:22 pm, edited 22 times in total.
(((̴̵̹И̜̏̀͂̅ɐ̴̵͍͍͍̹᷈n̴̵̴̵̹̹᷈᷈o͈̼̜͌͋̐ṕ̴̵̹᷄᷇᷈h҉я͈̼Ǝ̷͚̯̺̐ɐ̶̜̺̗̑҉k)))
(((k҉ɐ̶̜̺̗̑Ǝ̷͚̯̺̐я͈̼h҉͈̼̜͌͋̐ṕ̴̵̴̵̴̵̹̹̹᷄᷇᷈᷈o̴̵̴̵̹̹᷈᷈n͂̅ɐ̴̵̴̵͍͍͍̹̹᷈И̴̵̹)))

このプログラムは、心を持っている。
I can smile.
I am human.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Иanophяeak
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Year 2372.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Иanophяeak on Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:04 pm

Bump to get the word out.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Иanophяeak
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saken on Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:57 pm

I'm joining this as a human, will post profile and the like as soon as I can, opkay nano?
Join in on my Mentoring Rp!
It's a chance to everyone to improve their skills.
Targeted at Newbies, but for everyone!
roleplay/mentoring-classification-zombies#introduction

I see you...

Saken
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Party Starter Friendly Beginnings Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Иanophяeak on Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:00 pm

Mmmhmm. Use the Roleplay tab to make your char if you didn't happen to catch it. And if you haven't looked at the bots, I recommend it. You might change your mind about being human.

Иanophяeak
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dreamalot106 on Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:58 pm

This sounds AMAZING and I'd really like to be a part of it!
I already submitted a character too! :D
Jesus died for our Sins,
and American soldiers
Die for our Freedom.
Thank you for your service. We salute you proudly.

Dreamalot106
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Иanophяeak on Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:47 pm

Accepted, you can begin posting.

Something I'm seeing here is people making up parts to the story that conflict with what story is already written. DragonSinged character had a bit in it's profile about being forced to assemble microweaponry for Centurion, when in the RP I never gave any indication that Centurion used Dextrabots for assembly or employed slave labor. For future reference, Centurion mostly uses mindless robotic arms, like you see in today's car assembly factories, for assembly, along with tanks of nanobots for some of the finer components.

The reason I'm bringing this up is Dreamalot's Cyborg Underground railroad. No mention of it, no insinuation of it. While it doesn't conflict wholeheartedly, I'd just like to warn people against doing things like this in the future. Dreamalot, you can keep the Underground Railroad, I was actually going to have a few illegal immigration lines anyway.

The Cyborganic Underground Railroad refers to the illegal immigration of Alpha-Omega line bots to other nations. While humans are allowed to immigrate from nation to nation, robotic assembly is a closely guarded secret of each country, and thus cannot be spread. Most Alpha-Omega lines are fine with staying in the UNAE, but there are always a select few who wish to move. For these, teams of Stopbots and their assistants apprehend them.

Иanophяeak
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dreamalot106 on Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:03 pm

oh ok
i read the character bios and saw on DragonSinged's character the mention of the Underground Railroad, so I kinda went off of that
If you want me to, I can (& will) change it

Dreamalot106
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Иanophяeak on Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:56 pm

DragonSinged, it's your cue.
Saken, if you could get your post in too that'd be great.

Иanophяeak
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saken on Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:50 am

Jaja, I'll put up another one sometime today...It irks me, this repeadative thing, Nano. =I

Saken
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Party Starter Friendly Beginnings Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Иanophяeak on Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:17 am

I'm an impatient and worrisome man, especially when my RP is slow. Also I didn't realize your first post was yours.
On that note, LIVE!
*shock paddles*

Иanophяeak
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saken on Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:09 pm

I posteed, sorry it took so long. I was working on a paper for the last day of school afore spring break and didn't have the time to post in anything at all, but my post is up -even if it's a puny little thingy.

Saken
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Иanophяeak on Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:10 pm

Mkai, in a few more posts I'm going to have the military BURST into the bar and arrest everyone. Certain members might be in on this, I haven't decided yet. For now just go about your socialization. You're doing really well guys, I'm proud. Never expected this to work so smoothly.

Иanophяeak
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kama on Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:55 am

I'm going to be posting soon; how should I start?

Kama
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Иanophяeak on Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:39 am

Any way you'd like, though the most stuff is happening in Rusty Shuttle.

Иanophяeak
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kama on Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:55 pm

Er, okay. Since my guy is in the military, should he try to assist the officers investigating everyone?

Kama
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Иanophяeak on Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:54 pm

The gist of what is about to happen is that Kama is going to burst into the bar with ~10 other soldiers and attempt to capture 2 spies, who are currently playing darts. I'll be controlling them, so treat them as if they're other characters. Ryand, you're going to be activating the HALT drives of every bot in the bar. Uhhh... Dragon, since your bot is some sort of paranoid mofo, feel free to have a disabled HALT drive and get tased instead. For our few humans, you'll be getting tased by NPCs you control. So yea.

Have fun.

Иanophяeak
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Script on Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:57 pm

lolpost.

Now I will know when you are talking here. All is well.
Image Image

(03:04:15) Lialore says: I wanted to be the poo.

Script
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Donated! Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver Cult Leader Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Иanophяeak on Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:20 pm

Okay. Soh. The HALT drives are, as of now, activated. If you haven't posted since the second NPC actions, you're going to need a long-ish post to cover everything. Kamachi, the next time you post, include something about entering the restaurant and recognizing the spies, then do whatever you please from there.

Иanophяeak
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dreamalot106 on Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:07 pm

so sorry for not having been able to post - i'm currently grounded D:
I'll try to post as soon as possible (which should be like... tomorrow)
So so so sorry
I guess right now she's kind of a NPC until I can post again
Sorry once more

Dreamalot106
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kama on Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:12 pm

So, I control the spies?

Kama
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!