Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

UC:0079

a topic in Uncategorized Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

Other roleplay stuff, either inactive or otherwise. Roleplays that don't fit within any of the other categories.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miyumi on Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:29 pm

Thank you for explaining minovsky particles to me.

so, they can create a beam saber, and they can disrupt radio waves, why couldn't they react with a nuclear explosion to send him to a different dimension?

Just because something hasn't happened, doesn't mean it can't. There's so much we don't even know about our own universe, let alone a fictional one which only is partially created anyway. Remember, those who write the script only write enough to make the script possible, they don't write about everything that happens in the universe. Fans come to them with questions about stuff that wasn't in the series, so the creators make stuff up on the fly, unless they actually planned it out beforehand. Maybe they came up with some of the stuff while they were waiting to see if it would float or sink, but I think as long as it doesn't directly contradict something that was written in the series, say, a professor found that it is impossible (though why they would bother to put that in the series is beyond me...), then it's possible.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

miyumi
Member for 19 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:32 pm

OOC: Fine, fuck it, whatever. I'm just saying this wouldn't happen in UC Gundam. Making shit up like this i worse than the bullshit mechanics of Gundam W, and the seed shit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 19 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Goth-3 Gundam on Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:36 pm

FutureKiyoshi wrote:OOC: Fine, fuck it, whatever. I'm just saying this wouldn't happen in UC Gundam. Making shit up like this i worse than the bullshit mechanics of Gundam W, and the seed shit.

Oh get over yourself. You have no reason to think this could not happen in the UC. Just because it didn't happen in the show/manga/games/etc. doesn't mean it couldn't.

Watch your language.
Last edited by Goth-3 Gundam on Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Goth-3 Gundam
Member for 18 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miyumi on Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:37 pm

All I'm looking for is your proof that it wouldn't happen. What character found out that it couldn't? What property of the particle says that it wouldn't do something like that under the right conditions, or that the conditions he has set for aren't the right conditions? Show me that, and I'll agree with you. Until then, I stick by saying that what he has done is perfectly legal by the rules of the universe.

Personally, I think it's cool that he's doing this. Sure, it's a popular theme in sci-fi, but I haven't seen it done on this forum, or in connection with gundams at all. (I don't read much fanfiction, there's probably many out there that do this, but I haven't seen them... not mixing two different series of gundam. It's usually cross-overs with something completely unrelated.)

miyumi
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Goth-3 Gundam on Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:42 pm

miyumi wrote:All I'm looking for is your proof that it wouldn't happen. What character found out that it couldn't? What property of the particle says that it wouldn't do something like that under the right conditions, or that the conditions he has set for aren't the right conditions? Show me that, and I'll agree with you. Until then, I stick by saying that what he has done is perfectly legal by the rules of the universe.

Personally, I think it's cool that he's doing this. Sure, it's a popular theme in sci-fi, but I haven't seen it done on this forum, or in connection with gundams at all. (I don't read much fanfiction, there's probably many out there that do this, but I haven't seen them... not mixing two different series of gundam. It's usually cross-overs with something completely unrelated.)

Again, thanks. And about the crossover thing. I know the way MS operate in the universes is different. G-3's Minovsky Particles are gone, and his beam rifle and sabers will not operate. Since Minovsky Particles might not exist in the AC, I will develope the story to account for the differences. Trust me. :lol:

Goth-3 Gundam
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:44 pm

I still have to go and approve the G-3 and then you have to save up enough credits to buy it. So it can not come into play until then.

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 19 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Goth-3 Gundam on Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:47 pm

FutureKiyoshi wrote:I still have to go and approve the G-3 and then you have to save up enough credits to buy it. So it can not come into play until then.

I know. That's why I made it virtually useless for the time being. I'll eventually adapt it to operate in the AC.

However, Eros is a Newtype. I will not nullify his powers. From what I gather from the original series and Char's Counteratack, the Newtype thing is probably genetic. He will retain his senses, reflexes, and other abilities.

Goth-3 Gundam
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:32 pm

Touchy subject, but it's all good. I believe I discussed newtype skills with another player, shouldn't be a problem - just remember to keep it balanced and fair. I'm fully confident that this shouldn't be a problem, with everyone's maturity here.

The dimensional rift shouldn't be a problem, but do remember we are constrained to the AC universe in play. So far so good.

Enjoy!
Alvin Toffler wrote:The illiterates of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn.

Take a moment and consider joining my Patreon group, where I share personal development updates and plans for the future...

Remæus
Architect
Member for 19 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader Lifegiver Storyteller Donated! Anomaly Hunter Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Goth-3 Gundam on Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:41 pm

Master wrote:Touchy subject, but it's all good. I believe I discussed newtype skills with another player, shouldn't be a problem - just remember to keep it balanced and fair. I'm fully confident that this shouldn't be a problem, with everyone's maturity here.

The dimensional rift shouldn't be a problem, but do remember we are constrained to the AC universe in play. So far so good.

Enjoy!

(Assumes an Igor position) Yesss, Massster.

I will go by AC rules.

Goth-3 Gundam
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:50 pm

Haha, it's not a title. It should be considered as a name. =P

Master, back in the day wrote:In name only, not in title.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 19 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader Lifegiver Storyteller Donated! Anomaly Hunter Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Goth-3 Gundam on Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:15 am

Oh, well, you're admin, and Master so I assumed......

Goth-3 Gundam
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miyumi on Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:23 pm

NOTE: Actual in character posts will be continued on L04:

}{G Out of the Darkness

miyumi
Member for 19 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!