Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

1950's role play idea

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

1950's role play idea

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hero_of_Time on Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:53 pm

Image-Drive in diners
Image -MusicImage
-New technology

The 1950's-60's were a time of change, the unknown, and Elvis ;) So, how could a role play in this time period NOT be fun!

Lately I've found myself watching movies such as Grease, Hair Spray, and Cry Baby. With such amazing characters tied into an upbeat theme I had to wonder...would anyone want to relieve such a spontaneous time?

My idea is this: Take the personalities of these characters, mix them up a bit, make them our own, and create a role play in a time we ALL know we wish we could have been a part of.

Characters:

If this role play is created, I'm not sure how I will approach this. I like the idea of pre-made characters that still leave room for the role player o shape into their own....but then I worry a person might feel trapped in that "set" personality.

On another note, some may find themselves basing their character off of a previous one, and that too causes problems.

What I MAY do: Have parts to choose from (with FC...can always be changed if asked), but instead of summing them up.... assigning a song to that character that sums up what they are like. This gives people their freedom, while allowing a slight understanding on WHO the character is. (I hope I made sense XD)

Predetermined romances (if any)will not be tolerated, and I do not want to see people joining and "falling" for the first character they meet _-_ Also, please understand you ARE allowed to change who you "like". This is a role play....keep it fun! I want a lot...not just "feelings" XD

How many will be allowed to join: This may be a changing answer, but for now I will say there will only be eight characters to choose from (that I have in mind), but all spots are not required. I will be happy with a minimal of four characters to begin :)

I will require at least one male spot to be filled (beside myself) before I start accepting female characters. Too many females ONLY want to play females....it just isn't fair.

Okay, I've finished rambling. Anyone interested or have any ideas? :D

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Hero_of_Time
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: 1950's role play idea

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hero_of_Time on Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:02 am

bump?

Hopeful Xp

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Hero_of_Time
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PutAnotherX on Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:04 pm

That sounds cool. I'd be willing to play a male and a female. Brother and sister, if I can shake it.

PutAnotherX
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Visual Appeal Inspiration Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PinkPeppercorn on Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:50 pm

Sounds interesting. I, too, would be willing to play both a male and female character if this is started.

PinkPeppercorn
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby boultinator93 on Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:50 am

Im up for this, sounds fun

boultinator93
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ohemxbree on Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:30 pm

I'm interested in this! It sounds AWESOME actually. (:
I'd really like to play a girl, I have limited experience playing males... I am bad at it and that leads to limited experience. Especially when people tell to "just stop" and go back to playing females, haha. But I will struggle through if need be!

ohemxbree
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CalmPandemonium on Mon May 06, 2013 2:48 pm

Im interested in this as well, would be a nice change of pace. Also you might want to take a look at the movie American Graffiti thats another good reference point to go on when it comes to the late 1950's early 1960's.
Click on Vash to see my idea for a Trigun RP =^.^=

CalmPandemonium
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pancakee on Fri May 10, 2013 2:45 am

I have returned to RPG after a LONNGG hiatus, and this is a breath of fresh air :) I love the idea and setting choice!! I am absolutely interested, if the opportunity is still available!

xx

Pancakee
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Faith Fanon on Sun May 12, 2013 3:03 pm

I'd love to play this, with other dedicated players. Don't know a lot about the 1950s, or 1950s America, but I'll give it a shot. I don't mind playing male if i have to

Faith Fanon
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Catx3 on Fri May 17, 2013 12:25 pm

This sound really cool! I'd be willing to play male or female. c':

Catx3
Member for 11 years
Conversationalist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!