Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

666 Satan/ O-parts Hunter

a topic in Discussion & Debate, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: dealing with it

Have a subject that you'd like to debate that isn't about roleplay? This is the place.

666 Satan/ O-parts Hunter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Azamiko on Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:02 am

Does anyone like this manga? I love it!
'By any means necessary. Heh, that's when your ideals outweigh your conscience. The question is: are you willing to give up yourself--your idea of who you are, of what is right--to help other people?"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Azamiko
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: 666 Satan/ O-parts Hunter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grimbold Theoman on Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:31 am

I am ashamed, my knowledge of Manga more or less begins and ends with Akira, and other things of that period.

That seems to be all I can contribute to this so I will shup (or shut as it should be) up now but at least Eric will be happy

Grim

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Grimbold Theoman
GWC Veteran
Member for 12 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Azamiko on Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:18 am

Akira is a classic. ^^ I have the collector's edition dvd and the CD. I've written a couple of papers on it for school, too. And forced those teachers to watch it. One couldn't get through it because of the gruesomeness. Ha! (She's okay, but not my favorite...-_-; ) The other...I can't remember what he said. I think...I wasn't around when he got to watch it. I'd lent it to my friend and just told her to pass it to him when she'd finished.

Well, fighting manga aren't really mature, but they are a lot of fun. If you actually want a great, well-thought out sci-fi film, I'd suggest the old anime 'They were 11.' It's one of my top five favorite sci-fi movies, anime or otherwise. Really old-school and actually suspenseful. The animation isn't that great, but it's from the 70's, so what can you expect?

Azamiko
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:47 am

I've been out of the manga and anime forefront for a while, but I've heard good things about O-parts Hunter, and that's about it.
Ludwig von Mises, The Theory of Money and Credit wrote:Perpetual vigilance on the part of the citizens can achieve what a thousand laws and dozens of alphabetical bureaus with hordes of employees never have and never will achieve: the preservation of a sound currency.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Azamiko on Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:14 am

There's an MSN group with chapters 1-65, and 66-70 are easy and fast to download. It really is a nice action series. I sometimes get frustrated with little faults that all action series share--except, strangely, Yoshihiro Togashi's...but he's too sick right now--but overall it's one of my top ten series right now. The characters are fun, the world is developed--more so than the Naruto manga , but not as much as HunterxHunter--and the super powers have faults.

People compare it to Naruto, since the creators are twin brothers with basically the same inspiration and thematic ideas, but I think it's more easily compared to Groove Master Rave. It's the whole 'rebels, government, and evil organization all fighting' thing. Main male character and main female character are also super-powerful...(Though it takes a while to come to light in OPH.) It's too darn short, though, and I don't think it's going to go for more than ten more volumes at very most.

Azamiko
Member for 11 years

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.