Announcements: Initiative: Promoting Forum Roleplay » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas » Empty Skies » Does Mind Affect the World? » I have an announcement. » Iskjerne Ballad by dealing_with_it » Viking Music / Norse Songs - Germanic Paganism » Capitalism » Panspermia: a Case for Cordyceps » The Ethics on owning a Housepet » I just really had to share this plot idea. » Materialism » Satire & Comedy » Platonic numbers » No complaints (a little bit of rappin) » Any multi-player roleplay videogamers here? »

Players Wanted: OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted » DEAD! » Looking for new RP Buddy(s)! » Sands of Oblivion » Looking for Role Players to join an active universe » Looking for Empire of Cendalia Players » Seeking Roleplayers for The Isekai Wonderland Project » Hadean The Brave - Fresh Blood » Just a trophy of status - long term, story focus! » Kingdom come looking for roleplayers » The Last Dragon! » Roleplay Return for 1 x 1 » Players wanted for a science fiction adventure. » Players needed for Fantasy Romance reboot » One(1) male & Two(2) Female Roles OPEN <3 » Talmora: Kingdom of magic » Looking For A New Partner »

The City of the Fallen

About bending.

a part of “The City of the Fallen”, a fictional universe by Ark Reahver.

The dark Avatar reigns over the world, which has been enveloped by one massive city. Bending, is forbidden. But a revolution is soon to come.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The City of the Fallen”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] About bending.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ark Reahver on Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:02 pm

For some of your char's i would like to add that bending may be limited at certain times.

Earthbender's: The whole city of the republic is made of metallic materials, only the lowest levels have stone and dirt streets.
Things to keep in mind, carry something earthy.
e.g. Claymore made from stone, or a Bag of sand.
Metal Bending is possible and is a good solution to the problems. But Bending metal is slower than bending rock.

Firebender's: There really are no problems for bending itself,
but there are many fire hazards around the city, like oil and flammable gases.

Waterbender's: Being in the middle of a highly industrialized city, water supply is short,
there are irrigation and water pipes through out the city though. But having water with you may not be a bad idea.

Airbender's.:Not much problem with the air benders besides the fact that certain parts of the city may heavily restrict the Airbender's quick movements.

These problems are often present, but Do Not Alway's Apply. There are many ways around these issues so please don't feel like you alway's need to have something go wrong when you are bending.

If you have any questions about certain restrictions, or if you want to ask about a certain loophole. Post the question's here.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ark Reahver
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Re: [OOC] About bending.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ark Reahver on Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:06 pm

Quick note about certain character's back stories, some of you talk about being raised around or in a village where there is one element that reigns. Although the four nations are still some what separated they are all enveloped by the same city. The city is where nearly all* the story will occur. You might want to edit your history so that it explains why the colony or village is only populated by that type of person. Although you don't really have to, it just makes it easier to use as reference.

e.g. The air village i was raised in took good care of me. The reason why our village was secluded was because my people held on to the traditions of the air nomads. Peace and harmony, the balance of the world, and that all life is precious. The Under City, only understood violence.

*As for where else you might go you'll just have to stick around and see.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ark Reahver
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!