Announcements: Universe of the Month! » RPG: Season of Giving 2020 (WINNERS ANNOUNCED!) » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newbies » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: The Game of Life » Just War » Science and Philosophy » The Bible as Literature » Humans in the MV. Questions and thoughts. » Surviving the post-holiday apocalypse. » SL: 1097 Bestiary of Monsters » What latest tech excites me? » A question about 'hyperspace travel' and its use as a weapon » NaNoWriMo 2020 » A vacuum salesman in the Multiverse. » Being bored at work makes you do crazy things » Question here from the FNG » Recommendations of Reading material. » Do you "follow" characters to receive notifications? » My 2 Fav Poems! » Simple Vs. Detailed RPG Layouts » Warning About Communist-Inspired Upheaval and Revolution » The Best Sentence » The SCPF Wiki Project (not related to SCP Project in 2016) »

Players Wanted: New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Grimm's Fairies [Roleplayer(s) Wanted] » Mentors Wanted » MV Recruiting Drive: sci-fi players wanted! » Veilbrand: The Revolution » Gonna do this anyway. » Looking for Kamen Rider Players » Elysium » Looking for roleplayers for a dystopian past! » Revamping Fantasy Adventure RPG, need new players » Here, At the End of the World (supernatural mystery drama) » Seeking Role Players for a TOG Based RP » so I made a Stranger Things RP idk why not come join » LFP - New Roleplay » Gifted/Mutant individuals escaping the gov » Spaceship Zero! A retro horror sci fi RP with rayguns :D » mahou shoujo rp » Avolair: Academy For The Supernatural [NEW][OPEN] » Calling for adventurers to explore Xamoyos » roleplayers wanted for shifters world. »

About me

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

About me

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talon11 on Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:47 pm

Male roleplayer. I love writing and roleplaying. I started roleplaying in 2007 when I came across it by chance. After a while the writing gets better, the plots become deeper and you eventually create several characters for various plots which take place in various time periods. I've been mostly roleplaying on Yahoo Messenger - when it was still available. I've been told about the Golden Era of roleplay by many who have been far longer than I have. During 2007 and on, roleplays were still available and for me it was good. So if that was good enough, then what was the Golden Era of RP like? When Yahoo Messenger was shut down by Yahoo, things got dry when it came to roleplaying. I had no idea where to find new roleplayers. The ones I had were always too busy, with many abandoning roleplaying. It was disappointing. Searching for roleplaying for a while since then, not truly finding a clear community where new roleplayers could be found. I was never the type who enjoyed forum-based roleplays. I also always preferred 1x1 roleplays. With Yahoo Messenger no longer available, new sources to roleplay had to be found. Trillian seems like a suitable messenger service which allows for roleplays - however, it has no chat rooms so the problem remained on where to find roleplayers. I tried out two online communities. However, they were VERY limited - they only expect individuals to roleplay on their community network, and one of them only allows for individuals to roleplay in the community-created world. That was no fun. You had to learn tons of lore and history before you can start roleplaying. And what if you didn't like something? It didn't make it fun. Roleplaying is about two individuals deciding on a plot which both would enjoy, which had benefits for both, and where both parties had fun roleplaying. So those two communities were abandoned. I needed to find more flexible communities where I could find roleplayers who were skilled, who had the talent for writing, who enjoyed deep plots - which did not revolve around sex and romance, and who were not into gore and bordering into strong dark themes - individuals who would find some of the plots I have enjoyable, which they would pick one which suited them the most, and play out in such a plot. So with luck I found this community and hopefully I can find some good, flexible, open-minded individuals who would enjoy roleplaying in some fun plots. Specifically, seeking female roleplayers who enjoy long-term plots, who enjoy action, drama, mystery, adventure, and more.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Talon11
Member for 1 years
Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal Tipworthy Tipworthy

Re: About me

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby barney_fife on Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:37 pm

Hello! Welcome to RPG, I'm Barney_fife, been role-playing since about 2004. There's lots of roleplay content to immerse yourself here, and hundreds of different roleplay communities to join.

There's also a rich player-base to seek a one on one role-play with, but many might not be comfortable revealing their gender to you, and it doesn't really have any bearing on the role-play. People can play whatever characters as well as their talents allow, so I would suggest not having a player's gender be a caveat to whether or not you want to roleplay with them. It can also open up the possibility of sexual rp/cybering, and can generally look bad. I know your introduction says that's not what you're looking for, but that's the impression that statement can make.

There's PM roleplays, and there's places like the Multiverse. There's both chat, and forum style roleplay there, and many times all you have to do is approach a player and ask. =) You also have the option of PM roleplays, and making your own roleplay universe, but make sure to avoid just calling it 1x1 and call it say "Talon and Player 2's Universe" Or something.

If you need anything, I'd be happy to assist you.
Nip it in the bud.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

barney_fife
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Arc Warden Party Starter Maiden Voyager Group Theory Property Buyer Person of Interest Cult Leader Hordemaster Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Beta Tester Storyteller Greeter Builder

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!