Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

My absence, and return

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

My absence, and return

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shock on Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:25 pm

Hey guys. For those that remember me from being active here recently, hello again, and for those that don't know me, hi there. Basically I am terribly sorry for my absence these last weeks. :cry: I didn't visit the site for a few days, and during that time I had developed flu-like symptoms but was also extremely tired. Unfortunately it turned out after a test at the doctors that I had contracted glandular fever, and as I would have been alone otherwise, my parents booked me last minute tickets to come with them skiing along with the rest of the family. Long story short, I ended up in a chalet resting for 2 and a half weeks.

Anyway, I am back, and I feel terrible because I suspect certain people have been left thinking where the hell did Shock go? I haven't looked over the RPs I was participating in yet, but I will read through and try to get up to speed as quickly as possible. I do hope I haven't been killed off, or caused any problems with other characters.

I will be PMing people as appropriate to discuss where they want me or if I'm still welcome in the RPs I participate in. For now, hi again, and a belated merry christmas to you all. :wink:

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Shock
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: My absence, and return

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:43 pm

It's good to have you back, Shock. I hate to hear you were so sick. I hope you are feeling much better. I have been bragging for weeks how I haven't gotten sick yet this winter season, yet I woke up this morning as sick as can be. >_<.

But anyway, I hope one of the RPGs you are concerned about is The Black Diamond Circle. You should probable PM quid to ask him for any short updates, but most of it should be in the Discussion thread or the actual RP thread, so I'd read those first when you have time. Quid just posted a moderating post to push the RPG along. I think you should be okay posting one post summing things up.

But yeah, again, it's good to have you back!

(OMG, this post makes 666 posts for me. xD)
Today, Friday, October 10, 2009, is my last day on RolePlayGateway.com.
Everyone give me lots of love, because I shall be handing lots out. <3

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 18 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:55 pm

I haven't had the pleasure of RPing with you, but welcome back. I am delighted to hear you have overcome your illness and are ready to lend your talent to the stories in progress once again.

/cheers

Skally
The writer who cares more about words than about characters, action, setting, atmosphere is unlikely to create a vivid and continuous dream; he gets in his own way too much; in his poetic drunkenness, he can't tell the cart- and its cargo- from the horse.
John Gardner

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Contributor Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby quidhala on Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:22 pm

Shock! You missed my Birthday, and that is unforgivable... <cold stare>

I suspected it was just the holidays, and that was fine by me. I'm sorry you were so sick. It sounds terrible. You know there are no hard feelings from me. Real-life trumps Fictitious-internet any day. I live with that reality. I'll always be glad to see you.

Welcome back friend!

Happy New Year!

quidhala
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Darkness Is My Soul on Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:37 pm

Welcome back to the Gateway Shock,

I am only a new member here so I am yet to read your role-play, you'll have to point it out to me sometime and I'll take a read. It is great to hear you are over your illness and returned here fighting fit ready to get back into the action- to write and offer this community even more talent, such as I have already seen here.

Regards
Dy.
~*.Sculptor of demons and of goddesses, I chisel also an eidolon of love in ebony,
adorning him with black roses that bear the thorns of pain and sorrow.*~

Darkness Is My Soul
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:17 am

Oh, Shock, you poor soul! *glomp of uber healing* I'm so sorry you were sick! I assumed you had a good reason to be away, so I'm not mad at ya :P You might have to send Quid a begging for forgiveness card, though...lol
I'm glad you're back, and look forward to reading your future posts, as all the others brought me great joy :D

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!