Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

RP Academy - Cloud_Envy and Circ

a topic in Role Play Academy, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Scholars

Having trouble understanding how roleplay works? Jump in here and ask for some help, you'll have a personal guide to help you out in various places as you play around the site.

RP Academy - Cloud_Envy and Circ

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Circ on Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:39 pm

Thread rules and information will be posted shortly. Thank you.
conditio sine qua non

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Circ
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Contributor

Re: RP Academy - Cloud_Envy and Circ

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloud_Envy on Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:08 pm

Ok cool.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Cloud_Envy
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Circ on Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:38 pm

Lesson 1: Actualization

Actualization means that when something is done, it is done for a purpose. One must have a battle plan, an objective, some aim by which to guide the growth of their character. Without actualization, one ends up wandering aimlessly, and the product of that is boring and uninspiring. Great people go through life with some dream of grandeur. I want you to think about what your character’s dream, objective, or goal is, and I want you to write your post with that as a long range plan. This will ultimately dictate such things as personality, decision-making, and storyline.

As a reminder: your character begins unconscious, awakening with no memory of who he is.

. . .

A heavy wind rushes over the acropolis, screaming as it races past the immense bronze pillars supporting the glass roof of this new, yet surprisingly empty, architectural beauty. Seven tiers of black marble stairs lead up the hillside toward it, a splendid jewel backlit by the fading daylight. The cliff drops away into tumultuously rolling breakers on three sides, leaving only a slender path for the stairs to wind down the precipice. It is upon these frigid, gloomy steps that a man sits, eyeing something moving on the near-vertical rocks. It is dark, perhaps a large bird. Yes, a bird; an enormous vulture. It is pecking at a long piece of tattered brown cloth blowing wildly from the scarp. The scene grips the man, interesting him far more than the chill creeping up his spine from his stoop. His eyes narrow and he continues to hone in on what is transpiring below: the cloth is caught to something, the very thing at which the bird of prey is scraping its bloody beak across. It is a man, he realizes, perhaps more of a corpse now than a human being. Still, the thought of leaving him there leaves a sour taste in the observer’s stomach, so on impulse he heaves a large stone down at the carrion—it immediately flutters away. Then begins the grueling task of safely descending the cliff face, and the even more intrepid object of retrieving the unconscious form.

Circ
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloud_Envy on Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:38 pm

The man woke up stunned and confused and laid there for a few seconds until he realized that something was poking him. He quickly sat up and came face to face with an enormous, black bird.

"AHHHH," the man shrieked, strambling up quickly. The bird backed up a few feet and flew away sqacking.
The man's heart settled as he was finally aware of his surroundings. He sees the rocks jutting out on the barren, red plain surrounding him and the open sky.
"What is this place?" He asked himself, an intense sadness gripped his heart for reasons he does not know.
"Why am I here?"
"Who am I?"
The man turned around and saw the acropolis and fear washed over him for unknown reasons.
"Why...?" he pondered and started walking toward it.
His eyes were glued to the acropolis until all of a sudden he tripped on a rock and fell.
"Uugghh," he groaned, he looked up, and to his surprise, he saw a man.

Cloud_Envy
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Circ on Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:11 pm

Re-read my post, paying attention to details and my description of the environment. Also note the sequence of events that transpire in it. If you don't thoroughly read another person's post, it increases the potential for flaws in your own. For example: there is no red plain. When you correct your own post, you should include what there actually is. Please post your re-write as a response to this thread, rather than a post edit, so when we look back we can see improvement. Don't think I'm being mean, either. One of the biggest flaws I see in roleplay is when people overlook what another person writes, and that oversight showing up in their responses, thus making the story inconsistent and confusing.

Circ
Member for 12 years

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.