Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

Academy to Glory

a topic in School-Based Roleplay (New), a part of the RPG forum.

Academy to Glory

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shaoran on Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:10 pm

Welcome to The Phoenix Academy. For years, we have sought the best of the best. Our intention is to take people of high potential and form their potential into real talent. Our main reason for wanting to mold our "Heroes" is to combat our rival school, the Dragon Academy. Every year we hold a competition against the Dragon academy, the winning school wins Territory, Staked Prizes, and bragging rights.

Current Season: Fall (First Days of the School Year)
Current Time of Day: Morning
Current Place Where players are: School
Type of Day: Free day (Usually will be a free day if i am away)

-Table of Contents-
1. Rules (Mandatory to read)
2. More School History (Optional to read)
3. School Layout (Recommended to read)
4. Character Bio (Mandatory to read)
5. Roles (After you are accepted read this)
6. Schedule (Highly Recommended to Read)
7. Seasonal Events (Optional to Read)
Last edited by Shaoran on Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no greater weapon than the shield in which you carry, although sometimes that shield might not be visible.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Shaoran
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Re: Academy to Glory

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shaoran on Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:11 pm

-Rules-
1. In the absence of TM’s and such, for people who wish to join, go ahead and get approved by a Tm later, but don’t do too dramatic of things and later if a Tm asks for a change, change.
2. All Website rules apply, if they are not, then bad things will happen, terrible things, things you don’t even want to think about
3. Romance is allowed, standard PG13 please.
4. ((Out of character)) ~Thinking to self~
5. Say taco after your bio (to check if you read the rules)
6. If you choose to leave the thread, announce it, don’t just leave, that’s just rude and we could be waiting for you.
8. Be respectful to all players, especially new comers and people higher than you such as tm’s.
9. You can scrimmage other players as long as it has good timing, both players accepts, a teacher allows and refs, and of course ask the current tm.
10. No swearing unless in the form of s---
11. There is no rule #7
12. Pets are allowed, no bio needed for it
13. Don’t get mad, get Glad!

(Changes to these rules may occur)
Last edited by Shaoran on Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Shaoran
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shaoran on Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:13 pm

-History-
The Phoenix academy was founded by Shaoran Zephyr. Shaoran was a wizard who had attained a degree of might that there was no single person who would challenge him. Shaoran, mostly out of boredom founded a school where he could teach young people to be great wizards originally. Now the school accepts not only wizards, but "Heroes" of all variations and professions. The Phoenix Academy was a success, and spread out to many lands. However, Shaoran's younger brother, Odawn, grew jealous of his older brother's success and created the Dragon Academy of his own. For the many centuries that both schools have existed, they have been rivals that compete in yearly competitions for lands, bragging rights and staked prizes. Eventually Shaoran and his brother died but the teaching councils took over their school and the schools are still ordered by descendants of Shaoran and Odawn as principals.

(History can be added if I feel like it)

Shaoran
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shaoran on Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:14 pm

School Layout-

There are Different houses of students in the academy. People of one House cannot enter the area of another's dorms. Ex) A sparrow member cannot enter the Falcon dorms and vice versa.

Note: Houses are usually referred to as "Bird Clans" by students and some teachers. Stating "I am of the same Bird Clan as you", "I am of the Macaw Bird Clan", or "I am of the Macaw Clan" would all be as acceptable even to teachers as "House".

The Sparrow House:
Everyone starts here. This group has to wear a uniform which includes a Blue trench coat to distinguish you are in this house. This academy has dorms and dorms of this House have 4 people in each dorm. Do not feel offended if you are abused or insulted by higher houses as everyone in this house is.

The Macaw House:
This is the House you go to when you are promoted to form Sparrow House by the current tm. This house's uniform is a Red trench coat. The dorms in this House have 3 people sharing each dorm. This house is treated fairly average, usually not picked on. This house usually gets away with picking on someone of the Sparrow house, you can pick on them in-game as long as the other person isnt offended and you do not bully then out of person. An example would be: *I, a Macaw member, trip a Sparrow member* and verbally, the only insulting thing you can insult another player in the RP is "noob".

The Falcon House:
This house is one step above the Macaw House. This house's uniform is a silver trench coat. Falcon dorms have 2 people in each dorm. This house is treated well like jocks would be treated at an average high school. This house is important and usually gets away with pranks with Macaw Houses and almost never gets punished for messing with the Sparrow House.

The Elite House:
This house is the best rank achievable by a student. There can only be 6 in this House at on time regardless of the amount of students in the Academy of Phoenix. All members in this House have their own.

Shaoran
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shaoran on Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:15 pm

-Character Bios-
Name: I don’t care how long
Race: I allow any race, but MUST be described.

Armor/Clothes: You always wear uniform (except pajamas in your dorm, when you choose to wear them if you choose, otherwise you must always be in uniform outside of the dorm room)

Appearance: You can keep this short if you’d like

Weapons: Do you have any?
Powers: Do you have any?
Try finding a balance between these two, I don’* want you having a legendary weapon like a God Sword in Runescape and also expect to have enormous magical powers. Try finding a balance.

Personality: Totally optional, we can find our ur personality eventually

History: Also optional on a total level.

Shaoran
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shaoran on Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:16 pm

-Example Bio-

Name: Exuro

Race: Human

Alignment: Neutral

Personality: Is good natured but can be mischievous. Exuro is sarcastic and can sometimes be rude, he enjoys laughing whether it is with or at people.

Weapon: Staff (has a” ring” at the top of the staff, an example of “ring” would be the ancient staff form runescape, the ring of Exuro’s staff has other rings with beaded strings attached) His staff has no inherit effect.

Powers: Water. Exuro is a master of using water as a weapon to cut, shove, and drown enemies. Exuro can manipulate water into walls, minions (he calls spirits), and waves if there is a large body of water nearby. Exuro however cannot create water into ice, it has never been a specialty of his.

Description: Exuro has yellowish-tanned skin and semi-long dark-brown hair that goes down to his shoulders, tied back like a samurai would have it. Exuro has brown eyes and stands the average height and weight for his age. He always carries his staff as if he would a hiking stick.

History: Throughout Exuros life, ever since he was 14, he has been switching between organizations of people. He switches between organizations of good and bad. Exuro is not trustworthy, should be watched

Shaoran
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shaoran on Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:17 pm

-Roles-
Only I control dorm placement, banning, and promotion.

Principal: Auron Zephyr (Controlled by me)
Hall monitor: Exuro (Controlled by me)

The Dorm number in which The people will be in is indicated in a number next to their names. (Sorry, no boy girl mixtures.. )

GMs:
-Me

Players:
-Drako11
-Mr. Devious
-
-
-
-
-
-
Last edited by Shaoran on Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Shaoran
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shaoran on Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:21 pm

Sparrow house members:
-Drako11 (Daniel Trinn)
-Mr. Devious (Draguza)
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Macaw house members:
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Falcon house members:
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Elite house members:
-
-
-
-
-
-
Last edited by Shaoran on Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Shaoran
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shaoran on Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:22 pm

-Schedule-

I will not teach classes, I will merely state the time from then and again and see who attends class, if people attend class then I can give them credit towards their promotion. To attend the next class say ((Attends *Name of Class*)) after I state the time. Ex)
Me: 9:30am
Exuro: *Talks to friends*
Me: 10:00am
Exuro: *Gets ready for the next class*
Me: 10:15am
Exuro: ((Attends Strategy class))
Me: 10:30am ((I note that Exuro has attended Strategy class in my mind but I don’t type this in the thread))

=========================================================

People of different Houses attend different levels/versions of these classes but regardless of which House you are in, this is always your schedule. Unless It is a Free day, then these Workdays have this schedule.

=========================================================

9:00am - 10:00: All students meet in in cafeteria at the bottom floor for breakfast, breakfast is served until 10am and is optional but your only chance for the most important meal of the day.

10:30am - 11:30: Strategy, this class teaches strategy in team battles and solo battles

12:00pm - 1:00pm: Monster Slaying, this class teaches you how to slay monsters and certain types and has quizzes of you fighting the actual monster

1:00pm - 3:00pm: Lunch and break

3:30pm - 4:30pm: Profession, learn more about your profession, in this cla1ss, items are sometimes handed out.

4:30 - ?: You are free to return to your dorms, and dinner is served from 7:00pm-8:00pm, but like all meal courses, it is optional.

Shaoran
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shaoran on Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:27 pm

Fall*
These seasonal events are what makes this school interesting. Our Fall event is the Eternal Race. The Eternal race is a scavenger hunt, this scavenger hunt includes us releasing you into our currently possessed Territories and finding the prize with provided clues. The trophy is a gold trophy of Glory in crested with Diamonds. The Trophy of Glory is our school's most prized possession, Every year it is handed down to the winner who gets to either keep it in their dorms for a year or display it with they named temporarily plated into it in our hall of fame. However, but the time of the next competition of fall, it is to be returned to us.

*Winter*
In our Winter Seasonal event, We have the Phoenix trials. In these trials, you must face perilous monsters. Those brave enough to face these series of monsters enter, and the one who wins is victor. The winner's prize, is the right to house the legendary phoenix avatar (the phoenix's avatar is a bird that is the form of a flame that perches in your dorm, is approximately 1.5meters long or 2ft)in their dorm room for the year.

*Spring*
Now, for our Spring Event, we have a school wide tournament, in this tournament, scrimmages are held between all participating members, the top 10 winners of this competition will be able to compete in the near summer event before the semester ends. Technically this is a preliminary Event, but winners are still held on a roster to display glory.

*Summer*
The Most important event in the year. In This event, the top ten for the spring tournament play a capture the flag game with our Rival school. In a setting which is still pending for this year (we are thinking of either a glacial setting or a water setting), we will have 2 flags on both sides of this battle field, whoever takes the opponents flag and brings it to their school wins. an example would be we capturing their flag and bringing it back here, this would mark our victory. If we win, We win territory (land) form our rival school, we of course win bragging rights and we stake something every year such as a large sum of cash. Also a ball is held during this time the day before the match between the schools is held.

Shaoran
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drako11 on Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:38 pm

Alright...I was reading this and it sounds really cool I think I will join. Anyways I had to get one thing straight this is an RP right not a real school? You have so much detail it sounds real XP Sorry if that sounds stupid.
Image Image Image Image

Drako11
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shaoran on Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:06 pm

((sorry I went to get some dinner))

This is an rp, it sounds real because I spent alot of time on it = P.

You can post for now but I am not going to be back until tommarrow (sorry).

Shaoran
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drako11 on Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:09 pm

-Character Bio-

Name: Daniel Trinn
Race: Human

Armor/Clothes: no armor

Appearance: 6", tanned weathered skin, dark brown hair, muscular, green eyes

Weapons: Bowie Knife, customized civil war calvary sword
Powers: none zilch nada, just brute strength, and a custom calvary sword with a little bit of magic in it so it won't ever beak or grow dull.

Personality: Doesn't mind companionship, but would rather be out in the woods hunting or training. Likes to have fun everynow and then, really shy around girls. Good at taking jokes and isn't very quick to anger. He knows his fighting skills andl imits and doesn't flaunt them or boast.

History: Was teleported into the strange magical world from his home in Tennessee (1862) now wanders thoughout different worlds bounty hunting or other tasks. Now he wishes to further his skills at the academy.

Drako11
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shaoran on Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:43 pm

Ok, accepted (but change sword from indestructable to no known way to damage it, i just dont like the term invincible) and lets begin this campain, feel free to post

Shaoran
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shaoran on Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:00 pm

I ll continue to wait, feel free to post

Shaoran
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shaoran on Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:13 pm

brb

Shaoran
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shaoran on Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:39 pm

back

Shaoran
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Devious on Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:36 pm

Name: Draguza

Race: Drakar

Drakar: a race of demi-humans, their figure and stance is much like that of a human, but their features lean more towards that of dragons, the shape of a drakars head matches a dragon, as does the colored scales that cover their skin, all drakar are born with horns, the types of horns vary from drakar to drakar. Another dead give away is their tails, which protrude about three to four feet from their body, Drakar are typically considered large when compared to humans, they usually stand at Six feet tall, and the build of their muscles are toned and show from under the scaly skin, Drakar have wings, just as dragons, however, Drakar aren't very agile or fast flyers, and as a result, one too heavy will have no use for wings. The foot of a Drakar has four toes, one of them being on the back of the foot, and each toe is tipped with a claw that is usually worn down over years of walking. Much like a human, they also have five fingers, each with claws.

Alignment: Neutral

Armor/Clothes: Aside from the schools coats, he wears a pair of black Hakama(Pants that resemble Samurai pants) and a simple white gi underneath the school coat.

Appearance: As a Drakar, he obviously was born with horns. He has been called "The Beast" because of his resemblence to the devil with six tiny horns upon his head. It doesnt bother him. When he was younger, his wings were badly damaged by someone who thought he and his family were monsters. One wing was severed so bad, it has since been removed, leaving him only his left wing. The color of his scales are a aqua and black, with the black starting at his legs, and fading into the aqua by his waist. His eyes, golden. On his forearms, certain scales have been removed, replaced by tattoos. On his left, the tattoo is the Drakar symbol for "Rebel" and the one on his left, is the Drakar symbol for "God". As a normal Drakar, he stands at about 7'3". His muscles are toned, but he isn't a muscle bound monstrosity. He is slender, but not thin, basically, he is in great shape.

Weapons: He has two Katanas sheathed on the back of his waist, making the shape "X" One Katana is called Carnage, the other, Chaos. Carnage is an orange blade, forged in the depths of the deepest volcano by a fire mage. The blade is usually very hot. Chaos, is a black blade, it was forged by a dark mage, it has the power to corrode life slowly. If wounded by this blade, medical attention is highly recommended quickly. Side note: He usually only weilds Carnage. If he's put in a life or death situation, he weilds Chaos. But he'll alwasy carry them both. And in a VERY RARE occasion, he will weild both, but that will probably not happen anytime soon.

Powers: Manipulation of water.

Personality: Cynically funny, and pessimistic

History: His history, other than the fact about his wing is largely unknown

Oh and Taco, so you know I read the rules. Strange thing is, the rules slightly reminded me of Fight Club :lol:
Theme of my life: Can't Tell Me Nothing
VMy Love made me thisV

Mr. Devious
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drako11 on Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:28 am

[I am not totally sure how to start this is alot different then the usual RPs i play in. Do I just start in the academy or coming to the academy or what?]

Drako11
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drako11 on Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:39 am

[Umm I guess I will post and if it doesn't work for you I can try again. Oh ya forgot something TACO.]

Daniel opened his eyes slowly the dim light peeking through the window hurting his unadjusted eyes. Slowly he sat up and ran his fingers through his brown clean cut hair. He happened to glance over at the school clock out the window as he was getting dressed into his Sparrow (Guessing I am Sparrow since I just joined) uniform. "9:30! Sh**!" He said startign to button his coat faster. Finally he was done and ran out of his dorm and down the hall towards the Cafeteria. "Huhh I hope I make it, and I bet they are serving french toast today my favorite!" he thought to himself as he began to run even faster.

Drako11
Member for 11 years

Next

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.