Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

H.A.G.S. Academy

H.A.G.S. Academy

a part of “H.A.G.S. Academy”, a fictional universe by LuckyNumber24.

Hidden in the forests of Goodfellow lies a special school for special children. These gifted youths are the world's next generation of Magick casters and they might be in danger...

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “H.A.G.S. Academy”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: H.A.G.S. Academy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AvalonKnight on Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:51 pm

Sorry i've just been busying and Haden PMed me saying he will hopefully be on later tonight. He's been busy with work. Sorry.
A V A L O N K N I G H T
~ We are born. We die. Somewhere in between we live. And how we live is up to us. ~

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

AvalonKnight
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Purpl3_Flam3s on Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:00 pm

Guys. really really want to post again, so for those who haven't posted yet or just don't feel like replying to some people. Go to posting, type up around 300+ words, tag some people and voila! People can move on.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Purpl3_Flam3s
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LuckyNumber24 on Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:07 pm

Posted for Eros :)

I'll post for Sophia after Avalon posts for Nic!

LuckyNumber24
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zoey26123 on Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:23 pm

MrGr has my opening post for a combined one.

Zoey26123
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Temperance on Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:25 pm

WTB> People who come up with their own powers and personalities
And people who post in their own posts.

There are still some who haven't made their first post, yes?
Come on people, if you don't have the time don't join -_-

Temperance
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Visual Appeal World Builder Person of Interest Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vix on Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:53 pm

Temperance wrote:WTB> People who come up with their own powers and personalities
And people who post in their own posts.

Not really sure what that's about. But I suggest if you have a problem with one of the writers, you address it directly rather than with a side comment in text too small to read at a first glance.

Temperance wrote:There are still some who haven't made their first post, yes?

Though, I do agree with you here. It's been one week and everyone should have had at least one post up now. Some people have already managed to get up 2+ posts.

Honestly, if some of you are struggling to come up with at least a two hundred word post in less than two or three hours, I personally feel that you should reconsider being part of this because if it takes you forever to get a post up all you're going to do is hold people back from posting and piss a lot of people off.

I for one, will ghost any character that holds me back from posting after 3 days.
◎!Check it out!◎
◎My Interest Check◎
“All I'm writing is just what I feel, that's all. I just keep it almost naked. And probably the words are so bland.”
― Jimi Hendrix

Vix
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PanDorable on Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:03 am

Sorry guys, my husbands back in town and we have been busy getting things arranged for his job, also my dog had puppies last night, and we rescued a lab from the side of the road that my husband has decided to adopt, so I've been running around making arrangements for that and everything. Have a little patience with me, I'm going to look over the posts and if I can type up a response now I will. If not I will do so a little later this evening.
"Do what makes you happy."

PanDorable
Member for 10 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vix on Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:13 pm

That's the sound of my patience running out.

Alright, I'm going ahead with a post for Sasha and Divinia. Expect it by tonight or tomorrow night.

@Haden & Avalon - I recall one of the rules stating something about posting at least twice a week... If you don't have the time, don't hold everyone up.

Vix
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Purpl3_Flam3s on Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:16 pm

Guys, I REALLY WANT YOU TO WATCH WHO YOU TAG! It has be two times in a row where Venus tagged the wrong Ryan. Please look before you submit your character. Please.

Purpl3_Flam3s
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PanDorable on Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:00 am

LittleFox said:
I for one, will ghost any character that holds me back from posting after 3 days.

but....
I have thirteen active RolePlays and twenty-three characters to write for. Do not. Ever. Rush me. I will get everyone in a timely fashion.

Temperance said:
There are still some who haven't made their first post, yes?

LittleFox said:
That's the sound of my patience running out.

I just felt the need to point that out. This roleplay is for fun. Not an obligation. No one should feel pushed to reply. Also, yes, Lucky said that posts should not go unanswered for more than three days, but he also said he would personally contact those people in regards to needed extended time, backing out, etc. I get it, there are a lot of young people roleplaying on this site that have a lot of time to devote to this, great, but for the majority of people 18 or older, we have jobs, houses to clean, some people have kids, or sick family members to take care of (myself included in all of the above except all my kids have four paws and fur), and many more obligations.

If you already have so many other roleplays to spend time on, then waiting a couple of extra days should not bother you.

I'm not saying this to step on toes, I'm just requesting that this be kept as enjoyable creativity.

thanks.

PanDorable
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Temperance on Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:02 am

The thing is that a lot of us have seen a lot of roleplays die out because as little as one person didn't post anymore or in a timely fashion. When a lot of people don't post, it can be a problem - or lead to one. Especially if they dont come and say hey i cant post for x amount of time, which people should do. Instead, they fall off the face of the planet and cannot or choose not to post. It is supposed to be fun, but other people cannot thoroughly enjoy themselves if absolutely nothing is happening. People, especially in roleplays where people actually bother to write a decent amount, I can see would get easily frustrated if they feel they are wasting their time because they don't know if the people not responding just cant post, or just are deciding not to be part of this roleplay anymore.

I dont think people would have issues so long as they knew x person intended to post soon, or x person couldnt post and because we knew we found a way to continue without them till they get back.

Temperance
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Visual Appeal World Builder Person of Interest Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bfb_monster on Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:33 am

So... I understand that it can be hard to find time for posting with kids (and Pan, I suggest you take yours to a doctor, paws and fur doesn't sound like anything a kid should have :P) and all. I live in an apartment myself, and my homework is killing me, so I understand why it can be hard to post. But seriously!!! It's been a week! Everyone can find an hour or so to write 300 words within a week! (and yes. I am a teenager, so I do know best. You should all do as I say)

Ohh, and about the "it's just for fun" I agree, it is just for fun, but by not posting you hold other characters back, and that ruins the fun for someone else.

Anyway, I didn't come here to complain, just to let you guys know I'll be on a 5 day hike in the mountains with my class starting tomorrow. I'm not sure about the cellphone range there, but I'll try to keep an eye out for posts. Not that it looks like it will be much problem though :P

bfb_monster
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vix on Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:29 pm

PanDorable wrote:I just felt the need to point that out. This roleplay is for fun. Not an obligation. No one should feel pushed to reply. Also, yes, Lucky said that posts should not go unanswered for more than three days, but he also said he would personally contact those people in regards to needed extended time, backing out, etc.

No, we aren't legally bound to follow all of the set rules and common courtesies, but it's a matter of respect. I agree with Temperance again on this matter. It's not fun when everyone is sitting here waiting for more than one person to post because we don't want to be rude and just go on with the show when other people haven't even made their first post or aren't replying to other posts pertaining to their character. And while it's all well and good that the GM might know when other people are going to post, everyone else in the roleplay has the right to know as well so we know if we can get on with it or not. It gets tedious when this becomes routine:

Person A: I'll get a post up tomorrow!

Everyone else: Okay, we'll wait.

Person A: Oh, this came up. Give me two more days.

Everyone else: Sure, why not.

Person A: I know it's been about a week, but I promise I'll have my post up soon.

It'd be a lot better if the people who haven't posted and don't know exactly when they'll post would just go ahead and say “skip me for a bit because it's been three days and I still cant find the time/muse to get a post done”. There's no shame in not having time or just having a writer's block, but posting in the OOC every once in a blue moon to promise a post soon is just plain irritating. Everyone (especially those of us waiting) has the right to know when people have dropped out/been removed or need to be skipped over instead of sitting here, waiting and wondering whether or not we should post. Because it's really awkward when nobody knows when person A is going to post so they post anyways and person A gets cranky because they got skipped over/ghosted.

Keep in mind that the first post was made one week ago and some people haven't even managed to get their first post up while other people have managed at least two or three posts already. While said persons (that haven't posted) seems to find time to hang around the site for a good ten or twenty minutes a day.

PanDorable wrote:I get it, there are a lot of young people roleplaying on this site that have a lot of time to devote to this, great, but for the majority of people 18 or older, we have jobs, houses to clean, some people have kids, or sick family members to take care of (myself included in all of the above except all my kids have four paws and fur), and many more obligations.

If you already have so many other roleplays to spend time on, then waiting a couple of extra days should not bother you.

I'm not saying this to step on toes, I'm just requesting that this be kept as enjoyable creativity.

thanks.

Yes. I do have a house to clean, a husband to take care of, and a two year old son to run after and groceries to buy and bills to pay.

Guess what?

I still manage to find at least two hours out of each day/week to work on a post. Whether it's just a meager 200 or 300 words or a nice 1,000 or 2,000 word post, I still have the time. And I do make sure that I actually make time in my schedule to do posts. You know why? Because, when I popped into the OOC and reserved a character, that was me making a commitment. There are people who all the time join a roleplay and say “Yeah. I can post twice a week and manage the word minimum in my posts.” but they can't. And I, for the life of me, cannot understand why people would make a commitment and not honor it. “It's just a roleplay”. For a lot of us, it's not just something that we do when we don't have anything else to do, it's actually a hobby and a passion. It's not enjoyable creativity when you're worrying about a story with good potential fizzling out because so few people actually care about moving it along.

And yes, I do have plenty of other roleplays. But everybody manages to follow the rules and posts when they're supposed to, requests to be skipped when they can't (or asks for help), and the loose ends who are holding everybody up are cut from the story when they start holding people up.

It's not like a single 300 word post takes an entire week to work on. If you can't manage 300 words in 3 days, you shouldn't be joining a roleplay where you have to post at least 800 words per week.

Vix
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miss_Dreamer on Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:59 pm

I will post tomorrow. I just want to give Haden a chance and also I have no idea what to say. But I'm good for tomorrow. And stuff. xD Anyone I don't have a character relationship from, PLEASE! pm me. I seriously have memory issues and I will forget that I even mentioned this tomorrow, so a pm (or chat) will remind me. Thanks!
Gir ♥

Miss_Dreamer
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LuckyNumber24 on Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:46 pm

Hey guys :)

I just wanted to say I'll be posting tomorrow with Sophia and Eros. Also, if you're waiting on someone who has yet to post their introduction or you've been waiting for their response for over 3 days, you have my full permission to ghost them.

LuckyNumber24
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AvalonKnight on Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:39 pm

I am truly sorry for mine and Haden's adsence but we both have been busy in real life. I have just made a post of Nicholas ( I hope its okay for now) and Haden is working on his also. Again I apologize for the trouble we have caused.

AvalonKnight
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PanDorable on Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:04 pm

Whoa whoa guys, don't take this the wrong way. I'm not even saying this on my own behalf. I have found the time to reply fairly regularly, but that is simply because with my schedule I just know better than to try to take on more than maybe a couple of roleplays at a time because I don't want to just fizzle out anywhere. I applaud anyone who can handle like 14 roleplays at a time or what have you, and I also understand everything everyone has said in response. LittleFox, I completely understand that this is a passion for a lot of people, that's why I called it devotion. I don't believe this is trivial, for me it is something of a hobby, and it is a way to test my abilities as a writer. I also get Temperance's point, no people should not get in over their heads, and yes there should be more communication between fellow writers as to whats going on with the roleplay itself so people aren't left in the dark.

The only point I am really trying to get across here is that there is no need to be rude about it. PM, IM, or just asking in the OOC seems a lot more cordial to me instead of making pushier comments about how your patience is running out and stuff. If it was me running behind on a response, all I would ask from you guys is that if your waiting on me because you want to make a response based off mine, please please don't be pushy or rude, all you have to do is ask and I'll be more than happy to let you know what's going on with my stuff. That's what I mean by keeping this as enjoyable creativity. I don't feel like I would enjoy myself quite as much if everyone was griping at me every time I came on.

At the same time, if I knew I was about to disappear from the site for a while, I would show you guys the respect of letting you know in advance that I was either withdrawing, or skip me, for how long, etc. I agree with Temperance that the communication goes both ways. If you know you can't post ladies and gents, please say something because we would also return the same courtesy to you.

PanDorable
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vix on Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:21 pm

This wouldn't be a problem if:

1. Rules were actually being enforced instead of just taking up space on the front page.
2. The people who aren't posting regularly for whatever reason were removed or dealt with instead of pretty much being given a free pass because they've bitten off more than they can chew.

And I (and everyone else forced to wait) have every right to get a bit huffy and pushy and irate with deadweight.

Vix
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HadenRivers on Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:41 pm

Some people don't have alot of time on their hands. I haven't even been able to go on my computer or phone to inform I couldn't post and I'm sorry. But I've got a life outside of posting and its been very busy. Patience is a virture.

HadenRivers
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vix on Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:53 pm

If people cannot find a few hours out of the 168 there are in 7 days to post at least 800 words, then why the hell are they even here besides just being an irritant? I'm not saying they shouldn't roleplay, I'm saying they should find one with a lower minimum Word Per Post or one where everyone is slower than molasses at posting.

Vix
Member for 12 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!