Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Ace Combat: Guardian Knight

a topic in Video Games, a part of the RPG forum.

For any roleplay based on video games.

Re: Ace Combat: Guardian Knight

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Draruto on Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:40 pm

"Good to know."

A few hours and two tanker stops later, the furball which hung over Cruik came into view. Flipping on the master switch, Rayden activated his radio. "Guardian Knight to Night Wasp, split and engage at will. Kor flight, same orders as Night Wasp, good hunting." he states loosing the droptank and proceeds to turn and burn with the enemy. Drawing most of the fighters up and away, Rayden fired a burst of his gun. Watching it impact along the engine of a Su-27, he dove away and choose another target. 'Once more I have to save everyone, but no one will do the same for me. Just like last time.'

"Wilco, Night Wasp engaging." Amerah states. As the droptank fell away from the Hornet, she rocketed forward. Arming the master switch, while targets were high lighted, she choose the center most one. 'So it begins.' Amerah thought as the Stand off dispenser icon lit up. Depressing the the button and watching the SOD launch for mere milliseconds, she banks sharply just in time to avoid a surface launched AA missile. Finding herself inline for a stafing run on an AA gun Amerah held her trigger for a few seconds necessary to close the distance.

Pulling the trigger and watching the gun go silent; she banks again to line up on the next gun. "Wonder how Kor flight is doing?" she whispered, firing the gun again.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Draruto
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Property Buyer Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crankcase on Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:12 am

Kobar flight watched the ensuing furball above Cruik and the Attack and bomber aircraft doing strafing runs along fortress defenses. "Roger" Kor acknowledged the order from Rayden. They still had the external fuel pods attached and they still had fuel in them to burn. They flew to the south side of Cruik and turned to attack the command center. It was easy to spot the command levels of the tower. Releasing their S-24 Rockets they soon slammed into the tower leaving large holes in it. Dropping down along the runway they released their drop pods at the very end which landed where all the hangars and elevators open up to launch aircraft. The pods simply scattered on the runway being nothing more than an annoyance for enemy aircraft. Pulling up and making a return run they unleashed an entire rocket pod of S-8s and that lit the drop pods engulfing the area in flames. Pulling up through the smoke they ran through AAA fire taking several hits but none of any concern yet. Their next target was the contol tower which so far had escaped the destruction. They attacked in a sledgehammer formation coming at the tower from two different directions. They dreleased another pod of S-8sdealing damage but not enough to take out the tower as well as the radar control for the AA guns.
FACE YOUR FEARS ACCEPT YOUR WARS

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Crankcase
Member for 9 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Draruto on Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:31 am

Rayden glanced back to see the neat little daisy chain of fighters that followed him. Restraining a chuckle, while noticing the cartoonish nature of it, he rolled into a steep climb and saw some get shot from allied fighters. Once at top of his ascent he flipped the XR-45 earthward and heard the twin tones of his missiles lock up with the two closest enemy fighters. Quickly firing the missiles, but not taking the time to track them to their targets, Rayden sharply banked to port in time to avoid getting skrewed by a missile. 'Never changes nor does it make this hell anymore bearable.'

After leaving the guns smoking craters, Amerah flew out a few miles to catch her breath. Letting her eyes shut for a couple seconds she recollected her self. 'Almost done. Just a few more minutes.' she mused, sucking a deep breath. Shaking off a sudden spurt of nerves Amerah rockets back into the fray. Launching her last SOD toward a line of incoming tanks, she guns more pop up targets. "Almost there." she whispers into the mask. Turning to engage an emerging tank, Amerah glanced up to see Rayden's Cariburn take several hits. Breaking off her run she instantly followed his retreating fighter.

Vehemently cursing the bastard that forced him from the fray, Rayden quickly worked to shut down the damaged engine. "Guardian Knight to Kor lead, pulling out due to damage." he radioed to Kor.

Draruto
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Property Buyer Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crankcase on Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:07 am

Kor and Alexandria kept up their attack on the fortress control areas. Upon hearing Rayden Kor looked up through his canopy to spot his damaged aircraft and Amerahs Hornet heading to intercept him. "Kobar lead to Guardian Knight, roger that. We will keep up the attack and head back out when we hit Winchester." Turning back around they went in for another attack on the tower slamming it with a pod of S-8s. There was more damage done but not quite enough. Splitting the tower they went to ground attack releasing their final two pods of S-8 rockets into enemy ground forces. The tanks and infantry in the attack corridor were decimated. Several minutes after their rockets were emptied they unleashed their cannons upon fortifications and aircraft.

Joining in on the dogfights they released their missiles at the nearest targets and tracked 3 hits and 1 miss between the two of them. Soon enough friendly top cover was retreating leaving them almost alone in the fray. They had missile lock warnings all over and could not break it. Doing as much as they could they hit the deck and ran along the valley. Both aircraft sustained heavy cannon damage as they sped away from the fortress. After getting clear of enemy aircraft they did a visual inspection and both aircraft were shredded but still remained airborn somehow. Now it was another game of chance to fly back.

Crankcase
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Draruto on Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:46 am

Silence settled over him as he attempted to nurse his fighter to an allied airbase. Letting Amerah take point for the time being, Rayden scanned their six for any unwelcomed stragglers. 'Bad timing.' he thought when a particularly fitting movie scene popped in his head. Unlatching the mask, Rayden sighed a loud when the XR-45 starting bucking and losing thrust. "Night Wasp, severely doubt that my fighter will make it back to Gabrovnitsa given how it's starting to tank right now." he told Amerah over his radio. "Alright I know where we can land. It's not far from here actually, just a few east of our current track. Here are the coorinates, you go on a head. I'll find a tanker and lead Kor flight there." "Ok, see you dirtside."

As Rayden's fighter limped towards her brother's mercenary airbase, Amerah reversed her course and started back tracking. "Hope this stunt works." she mumbled. Dropping into a semi tense silence as she looked for either a tanker or Kor flight. She removed her mask and wiped the sweat from her chin. "Come on Kor, show up before my tanks start to run fumes." she unknowingly said in to her open mic. 'Relax Hauk.'

Coming upon a generous tanker, she took on enough to fuel to continue her search and have a bit for a fight.

Draruto
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crankcase on Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:26 am

As both MIGs limped towards home the realized they were going to have to run up to a tanker aircraft or risk punching out. Hopefully the latter option doesn't occur. Both fighers were battered and slowly running low on fuel. The port engine on Alexandrias MiG smoked and they dropped altitude. It helped the engines get more air. They looked around searching for friendly aircrfy but to no avail. Flipping on to open mic, "This is Kobar Lead. Our aircraft are heavily damaged. We are in need of assisstance." Kors radio had been hit internally and it constantly cut out on him. He was able to communicte with a short wave radio but even that was starting to get hard.

Crankcase
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Draruto on Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:14 am

Hearing Kor's voice, Amerah banked towards him and firewalls the throttles. It only a few minutes to catch up with them and their damaged MiGs. "Night Wasp to Kor flight, follow me to an airbase that's closer than Gabrovnitsa. I'll also see if there is a tanker that can top off you tanks." she said while sliding into the trail position. While waiting for a reply, she flipped on a second radio that was rarely used. Scanning through the frequencies progamed in it, Amerah hoped that Rayden reached the base. 'How long has it been since you saw your brother?'

Sighing at the inner voice, even though a it made a valid point that couldn't be ignored, she finally found two KA-6Ds that were less than five minutes away. After vectoring them in the general direction of her and Kor flight, she sighed softly. "Just vectored in a pair of KA-6Ds. They should be here in under five minutes, can you two stay airborne that long?" she inquired.

After landing his damaged fighter at the airbase, Rayden stayed close to watch them quickly and efficiently move it inside the hanger. "Don't worry about your fighter Commander Hauk already knows about you and your duties. He will do everything in his power to get you on your way as soon as possible." "Ok, can you lead me to the nearest computer?" he asked. "Certainly." Following the man Rayden glances back and wonder if Amerah found Kor and his sister.

Draruto
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crankcase on Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:49 am

Kor looked up to see Amerahs aircrafy approaching them. A sigh of relief came across seeing her aircraftbas opposed to enemy aircraft. "Roger...... asp. Ma.......mit......15.........." Kors radio had started short circuiting badly as Alexandria picked up the mesage. "Night Wasp Kobar 2, I believe Kobar lead is saying we have enougj fuel for about another 15 minutes at our current rate." Hearing that a pair of tankers were on the way. She looked over at Kor and gave him a thumbs up. Both of them ascended in altitude carefully to not but undue stress on the already battered body.

Crankcase
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Draruto on Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:26 am

"Ok."

After about three and half minutes, Amerah saw the KA-6Ds gently bank to line up in front of Kobar flight. "Kobar 2, you might have to play relay for the tanker aircrafts." she said while scanning the horizon any unwanted stragglers. 'Hope we get this done quickly so I can get them down and away from danger.' she wondered. Looking back over her shoulder, and not seeing anything worth braking away to investigate, she began to wonder if she made the right choice. 'Stop it Hauk, your second guessing could get Kor and Alexandria killed.' she heard an inner voice remind her.

After being led to a free and encrypted computer Rayden checked in with Orihime and received additional information. 'Going be flying a Hornet for a bit as my Cariburn is transported back for repairs.' he thought. Covering his eyes with a gloved hand, Rayden turned away from the computer and sighed. Leaving the room after several minutes he wanders towards his temporary quarters. Staring out the south facing window, seeing a vague resemblance to his childhood home in southern Osea, Rayden heard the transport carrying his fighter take off. 'See you soon Nyte Rex.' he mused dropping his head back while cracking his knuckles.

Draruto
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crankcase on Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:15 am

Alexandria akowledged the message from Amerah regarding relaying the messages. The fill up took a bit longer than wanted with lining up and receiving fuel for the two MIgs. The most trouble came with Kors Mig. It took several attempts for the refueler to recognize the boom was engaged with the aircraft. The locking mechanism did not want to lock. Kor lost all radio contact and had to resort to morse code for communication. "This cannot get any worse." Alexandria said to herself reading Kors flashes. Keying in the radio to Amerah, "Night Wasp, Kobar 2. Kobar lead has lost all radio contact. Resorting to morse code for communication. Kobar lead will take trail position."

Crankcase
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Draruto on Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:23 am

"I'd rather take trail if it's alright with you Kobar 2. Since I still have fight capable plane." Amerah said while zipping the base coordinates to Alexandria. 'Though my trail position will high and back by an eighth of a mile.' she silently added to herself. Watching the tankers vacate their area to help another flight minutes away. Scanning around she recalled the last time she actually spent any time her family. 'To long.' Amerah thought with a sigh. But with everything going on at the moment, she didn't feel any particular need or want to visit them in the first place.

Draruto
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crankcase on Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:45 pm

Alexandria looked in her mirror, "Roger that. Keep us safe." Alexandria flipped through the screens on her scanner reeceiving Amerahs coordinates. Both Alexandria and Kobar banked their planes gently towards the airfield. Uneventful as it was they quickly came upon the airbase. They landed in order without any hiccups and taxied over to a hangar with their planes just holding together. They exited the planes and awaited for Amerah to show up.

Crankcase
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Draruto on Sat May 06, 2017 3:00 pm

After the uneventful flight and quick landing, Amerah paused as she saw her brother looking directly at her. Recognizing the sad and disappointed look that crossed his face and recalling it's cause. She glanced away, breaking the contact while stopping a tear from escaping. 'I have no family to go back to once this war is over.' she mused, hearing him approach. "Lieutenant, your flight lead arrived earlier. We couldn't fix his fighter, so we sent it back for repairs. We can however get the MiGs back to full functionality." Nodding at the cold statement, while simultaneously wishing that she hadn't suggested coming here.

'But Rayden needed an emergency divert to the nearest airbase.' she thought. Looking up after her brother left, Amerah raised a hand up and covered her face. "Shouldn't have came here, I knew what would happen if I did. But Rayden's fighter was hurt and wouldn't make it to Gabrovnitsa." she murmurs softly. Stopping herself from tumbling down that unwanted rabbit hole again, Amerah glanced towards Alexandria and Kor. "Hopefully we won't stay to long. I have a problem with the commander of this base."
Last edited by Draruto on Wed May 17, 2017 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Draruto
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crankcase on Wed May 10, 2017 6:04 pm

Kor and Alexandria watched as Amerah glanced at them and spoke to them. "We all have problems with someone or a group of people." Alexandria said putting her hand on Kors shoulder and leaning against him. "Myself and my brother here weren't always this close. There was a time where we wanted to downright kill each other." Kor smiled listening to his sister. "We almost did too. She nearly got my arteries in my arms when we were fighting awhile ago." Kor said making a motion across his arm where a knife Alexandria used to cut him. "Depending on how long you think that long is really comes down to when these aircraft will be fixed. Might be awhile before we have the ability to leave this base and make it back. I suppose we should go "grab some food and find Rayden. Kor said as he walked with Alexandria to what looked like the main building.

Crankcase
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Draruto on Thu May 18, 2017 2:02 pm

'At least you have each other to depend on. I'm not that lucky in that regard.' she mused. Following them inside Amerah kept her eyes on Alexandria and Kor's back. Using them as an emotional anchor/shield, she subconsciously tuned the world out and tried to recenter herself. "Amerah." The sound of Rayden's voice snapped her out of her revery. Swinging her gaze towards Rayden, she tilted her head and nods in greeting. "Going be fly a Hornet till my fighter is returned or I head to base." Hoping that Rayden will decide to vacate as soon as possible, Amerah sighed inwardly and nods.

Raising an eyebrow at the expression that cross Amerah's face, Rayden decided to not press her for details. Figuring she would fill him in when she was ready. 'How long will I stay here?' he wondered. Turning to face Kor and Alexandria, Rayden gave a slight shrug. "The commander had to send my fighter back for repairs, so for the time being I'm flying a Hornet till we return to Gabrovnitsa." he states while sliding his hands into his pockets. Glancing around he wondered how long he could wait. 'It's all about timing and patience young grasshopper.' he thought.

Three weeks passed before what he saw what Amerah's expression told him what he needed to know. 'Time to go.' Rayden mused. Grabbing his and Amerah's flight bags, he preceded to the hanger. Tapping his earpiece to connect with the base commander he used his special orders to get the Hornets and MiGs ready for departure. Once that was done, and had the departure time, Rayden contacted Amerah. "Hauk."
"We leave in a hour. Get the Varchins." Cutting the connection he reached said hanger and quickly worked up a flight plan. "Thanks for the service but its time to leave." Rayden mumbled softly.

Sitting up quickly, Amerah dashed in the bathroom and slid into her flight suit. Catching her reflection in the vanity she paused and stared. Noting how her eyes seemed less corpse like. She wondered when it started in the first place. "Is it because I spent time with Alex?" she questioned.
Shaking her head to shelve that line of thinking, since it wasn't the time to turn into a stupid gushing school girl, she exits the room and gives the neighboring door a hard knock. "Alexandria, it's Amerah, Rayden called and said we're wheels up in a hour." she said before racing off towards the hanger.

Draruto
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crankcase on Fri May 19, 2017 6:55 pm

The time passed slowly for Kor and Alexandria. Most of their days they spent in the Hangars with the mechanics working on their MiGs. When they weren't there they tended to be out amongst the base populace learning about the area. At the end of their time they used a computer to look at reports from different wars. They paid attention to the moves made by particular pilots to help win battles against superior numbers.

When Amerah knocked on the door it startled Alexandria as she was not expecting anyone to drop by. Kor was asleep on the top bunk and he quickly sat up and whacked his head on the ceiling. "Son of a.... that hurt", he stated as he held his head "We will be there Amerah." Alexandria said as she turned around to look at Kor. "You should really learn not to jump on the top bunk." Kor looked back at Alexandria as he got off the bed. Alexandria was already in her flight suit and Kor puched her out of the room. "I'll catch up with you at the hangar." Alexandria walked out the building and headed to the hangar. Shendid a quick flight check and settled in the cockpit. She keyed her mic to Rayden, "What is the plan today?" She said as Kor arrived in thenhangar and walked to his aircraft.

Crankcase
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Draruto on Wed May 24, 2017 3:47 am

"Hopefully, if anything doesn't decide to pop up, just a short reconnaissance loop of the inland area and then back to Gabrovnitsa." Rayden replied as he got ready to taxi. Rolling his shoulders, he glanced up just as Amerah began moving her Hornet out towards the auxiliary runway. 'Will I ever lose my emotional coldness like she's beginning to?' he silently questioned. "GK and Kobar flight, Command just advised all squadrons to be on the look for enemy ace units. They seem to be out in force." Snorting his annoyance at the statement, he was already hunted so having aces pop to get his bounty didn't bother him.

'It's the loneliness of always being revered that gets me.' he thought, rolling the Razqriz schemed Hornet into take off position. "GK flight copies." he replied. Locking the brakes, Rayden ran through his secondary check list as his mental timer ran down. 'One foot forward.'

After retrieving her gear from Rayden once she reached the hanger, Amerah had moved her Hornet out. 'Would she even go that way?' she found herself wondering while glancing back to Alexandria's MiG. Then she mentally slapped herself for thinking that. "In the middle of a war, Hauk. There's no time for acting like a crushing schoolgirl."

Stopping near the runway she turned her gaze forward and drops her visor. Upon hearing the report from Command, and sighing, Amerah knew that it might be like that given Rayden's reputation. 'Its just the way it is.' she mused as got take off clearance. Being pressed back into seat, she watched the airspeed rapidly increase. Another quick glance told her that Rayden had followed her off the spot. After a few seconds of waiting, she pulled on the stick and felt the plane climb. "Night Wasp, vector towards Gabrovnitsa. Doing a short recon hop before touching down again." "Roger Guardian Knight." Amerah acknowledged.

Draruto
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crankcase on Fri May 26, 2017 10:03 pm

Kor ran into the hangar as Command was giving the intel about enemy ace units. Alexandria listened to the report. No doubt they all had bounties on their head. Alexandria watched as Amerah's Hornet left hangar. Kor was still getting his gear prepped and finally got into the MIG. "What did I miss? Anything of importance?" Kor asked asthe canopy closed. Alexandria lokked across the hangar, "This is a recon loop ending at Gabrovnitsa. Enemy Ace units might be a problem and I could probably guarantee the bounties for our heads may have gone up some more." Opening up a updated file from their home unit that kep track of bounties and casualties. "We have lost 3 of our flight members in the last week. Storm 3, Staghound trail and Commander Visqe were all shout down. Visqe was the only one to be confirmed KIA. The rest were shot down likely now POWs. Majority of the bounties have increased. Both of us are now up to 50k each. 120k if the same pilot takes us both down together." Kor ran through his checks and moved his aircraft. followed by Alexandria. "Sounds like we need to keep our heads on a swivel. Storm and Staghound are harder customers than we are so they have an ace in their pocket who knows our Air Force fighters."

Parking at the end of the runway they looked at seeing the Hornets in the distance. Alexandria closed the file and sent it to Gabrovnitsa. Upon receiving authorization from the tower they both rolled down the runway sitting back against their seats.Pulling back on the yolk they began to rise off the runway and headed for the sky.

Crankcase
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Draruto on Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:18 pm

Reaching the area about a hundreds and eighty miles south west of Gabrovnitsa, Rayden scanned the horizon for anything that might cause trouble. 'Nothing yet, but it could change at any moment. Better get this over with soon.' he thought, heaving a sigh. "Night Wasp, take the east bend and loop back here. I'll do the same on the west." he said, banking away. "Roger." Once that settled he flipped over to Kobar flight's frequency and said, "Kobar lead, sent Night Wasp to loop around the east bend while I mirror it going west. Think you can send your wing to back her up?"

Amerah, having used the flight over to refocus her mind, pushed her Hornet along the bend as she scanned around. 'What would make the enemy send out their Aces enforce? What's the play?' she wondered with a sigh. Somewhere about halfway through her loop did she notice that there was unknown fighter trailing her about two miles out. "This isn't good. Better get ready." she muttered softly. Arming her weapons, Amerah gradually straightened out her course and waits for the unknown fighter to act. 'Will I survive the coming fight?' she mused, glancing back over her shoulder to check on her tail's progress.

Draruto
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crankcase on Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:59 pm

Kor and Alexandria both watched the horizon as they flew trial to Night Wasp and Guardian Night. It seemed to be quiet for a recon flight. Seeing Night Wasp break off Kor looked over too Rayden and waited. It wasn't too long before hearing Rayden key in to have them back up Amerah. "Roger, Kobar trail will fly back up for Night Wasp." Kor keyed his mic over to Alexandria and said, "Break off formation and join Night Wasp on the Eastern trail." Alexandria looked across and broke off to catch up to Night Wasp.

Alexandria looked over the horizon flying just below the clouds. She was following what she believed was Amerahs aircraft signature. Her aircraft wasn't as fast as Amerahs but she still tried to catch up to her. Looking out her cockpit she spotted the other aircraft a little ways ahead of her.

Crankcase
Member for 9 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!