Ace Combat: Stone Darkness

a topic in Video Games, a part of the RPG forum.

For any roleplay based on video games.

Ace Combat: Stone Darkness

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Draruto on Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:14 am

Obsydian Cnyte, tired and annoyed, leveled his mostly unarmed F-16XL just five thousand feet under it's fifty thousand service ceiling. Scanning the darken horizon that borders the Belkan entrance to the Round Table, he removed the Osean Naval patches from his flight suit. 'Farewell Osea.' he mused. Once he programed Valais Air Base into his navagation system, Obsydian sets the autopilot and drifts in to a combat nap.
~Valais Air Base, Ustio~
Serpentina Hauk descended from her battered and borrowed F-2A Viper as dark smoke bellows out the engine. 'This one is done for.' she thought, walking away while the aircraft handlers engulfed the fighter. Removing the helmet, a keepsake from her dead brother, she ignored everything else. Her feelings were in a simmering storm as thoughts of deserting kept popping up in her mind. Pausing near the open hanger, while stepping out of the way, Serpentina covered her face and exhaled loudly. "Is it worth being called a traitor to just leave?" she whispered softly. Reopening her dull sapphire eyes as snow started to fall Serpentina felt flakes gradually melt against her face. After a few moments of silent contemplation and refocusing her composure; she continued on towards the briefing room.

Upon entering, Serpentina sat near the rear wall and props her head on her fist. Subconsciously removing a mini sd card from the helmet and sliding it in the card reader she matched gazes with the mercenary air unit liaison officer. 'Sorry to ruin your day.' she mused, watching the frustration flicker across his face. Keeping her expression bland and unreadable, she heard the pilots twinkle in and take their seat. Glancing up she leaned back against her seat. Sighing inwardly she saw a light blink out briefly. 'Flight record finished uploading. This meeting is going to take a while.' Serpentina thought as the debriefing began.
~200 miles from Valais Air Base, Ustio~
A silent blaring of his internal warning system bought Obsydian to full wakefulness as he checked outside the canopy. A flicker of dieing sunlight from a distant object caught his attention. Adjusting his course to avoid it, he quickly bought the store's list and snorted. 'Just over half for the vulcan and two training missiles. Thanks for the noose Captain Shinogaia.' he mused, hearing the sarcasm in his tone. Recalling his now former captain's orders from the last mission he flew under the man's command, realizing how pointless it had been. Obsydian sighed heavily into his airmask.

"I have no choice in the matter now. Time to see where these dice lands." he states, checking his fuel gauge. Shrugging he firewalled the throttle and prayed. Minutes seemed to ticked by slowly while the distance between him and the flicker he saw decreased. 'Just need to sneak pass and I'm home free.' he mused. But it seems Fate was not going let him getaway scot free. Missile warnings suddenly blare in his cockpit, causing him to instantly bank sharply and dive for the deck. Glancing back to see his pursuer, an unmarked Osean F/A-18E Super Hornet, maneuver to follow him.

He leveled out and weaved through the mountains and valleys. Barely managing to stay a step a head of Super Hornet, though he wasn't sure how long it stay that way. Looking back briefly, Obsydian wondered if he was going to die today.
~100 miles from Valais Air Base, Ustio~
'Now what?' Serpentina questioned. Her annoyance at being sent up again in so many hours burning in her soul. Pushing her burrowed Aurelian F-2A hard towards radar cooridinates the operator ordered her to. Once in visual range, just a few minutes out of the base, Serpentina saw the fleeing attacker variant of her fighter race away. Arming her weapons and adjusting her mask, she dove in behind the pursuing Super Hornet. Firing off a burst, she managed to take attention on to herself and lead the F-18 away. 'Stupid!' she silently snarled. Turning and burning with the Super Hornet jock, Serpentina took this opportunity to cut loose. Banking hard on her port wing, she watched the Super Hornet match her turn. Instantly reversing the turn, while listening for a good tone, Serpentina wondered for a nanosecond if this was the day that her emotional torment would end.

But that thought vanished as quickly as it came when her heatseeker growled at her. Holding her angle for the few seconds necessary to get in behind him, she pressed the missile release on the control stick. Following the missile trajectory towards the enemy's plane Serpentina saw it impact on the wing. 'That was very anticlimactic.' she mused. Swinging her Viper around to return to Valais, she pulled along side the F-16XL and said states, "You're coming with me."

Obsydian, perfectly fine with that since he heading there anyway, followed the unknown Aurelian Viper back to Valais Air Base.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Draruto
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Property Buyer Lifegiver Tipworthy

Re: Ace Combat: Stone Darkness

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crankcase on Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:44 am

. . ,
FACE YOUR FEARS ACCEPT YOUR WARS

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Crankcase
Member for 4 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ordo on Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:34 pm

~300 miles from Valais Air Base, Ustio~
Nate sighed as he fought with the normally nimble Su-47, he glanced back to see that the great clouds of dark smoke had turned in to a steady stream. "Come on baby work with me" he pleaded with the fighter as the port engine coughed and the smoke got worse, then the engine violently shut itself down spraying parts everywhere as the turbine seized up. Nate looked back in time to see the cloud of parts belch from his exhaust port "Way to show me who's boss" he grumbled as he corrected the fighter as the airframe torqued and the loss of thrust made the fighter veer off to port. Once the fighter was back in line heading for Valais Air Base, he took his oxygen mask off and breathed the cockpits air glad that this was a solo mission "Man they would never let me live this down" he commented to nobody in particular. Still he was glad to be alive and have somewhat of a plane to fly home in, after sucking a flack round in to the port engine intake he had his doubts.

~150 miles from Valais Air Base, Ustio~
Nate noticed on the radar that he saw blips darting around and then disappearing and reappearing. At first he thought the flack round that damaged his engine also messed up the radar then he remembered the canyons not far from base and realized he was watching a fight in the canyons. He coaxed a little more speed out of the renaming starboard engine and caught up to them in time to see a fireball light up one of the canyon walls, and pulled up behind the F16XL and the Viper and smiled as he recognized the helmet that was in the vipers cockpit "Hey Serpentina is that you?" he called on the open frequency not knowing what tactical channel she was on.

Ordo
Member for 2 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Draruto on Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:18 pm

"Were you excepting a pole dancer up here in the frozen skies of Ustio, Nate?" Serpentina quipped, reflexively slowing to inspect the smoking Su-47. 'What have you been drinking Nate? Thought you were taught better than that?' she thought. Shaking her head at the damage Nate caused his fighter, she checked on the F-16XL. 'Still on my wing, wonder what the pilot is thinking right now?' Shoving that to the backburner for the moment Serpentina radioed ahead to Valais, "Base, this is Azure Viper, I have an unknown aircraft and a damaged aircraft coming in. Ready both security and the crash trucks."

"Roger, crash trucks and security have been notified." Once that was done, Serpentina manuavered her Viper on to the Berkut's tail. "Just called ahead, they have the crash trucks ready incase you decide to pancake like simulator noob." she radios over to Nate. Returning to her silence, she removes the airmask and rubs her face. 'One day at a time.' Serpentina mused.

Sighing once Valais came into view, she glanced towards the F-16XL and said, "You follow the Berkut in and do not fight the security personal." She flipped back to Nate and adds, "Nate, the Ground Falcon will follow you in."
~
"Understood," Obsydian states. 'Must've eaten flak before arriving back in Ustio. Probably was an interesting blasting to behold.' he thought neutrally, after noticing the Berkut's damaged engine. Lining up his appoach, while also staying between the Viper and Berkut, he watched the snow start coming down. "Pretty." Obsydian said softly, as flakes gradually melted on his canopy. Closing his eyes for a second, he pretends that his soul wasn't a blacken husk of pain and anger. That seemed to be anyone's weapon but his own. Shaking his head to clear it of the thoughts, Obsydian removed his airmask and roled his shoulders.

Draruto
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Property Buyer Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ordo on Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:53 pm

Nate laughed at Serpentina's joke about the pole dancer "Hey that might be an idea" he quipped back "And I haven't touched a drop in a week" he added ruefully as he fought the wounded fighter as it hit turbulence.
Nate scoffed at her words then looked back to see the damage that the flack round did, upon looking back he saw that half of the forward canard was missing since the turbulence hit "Oh S***" he said to himself and the fighter then flipped on the mic "Thanks Serpentina" he replied in a sober tone ignoring her shot about crashing.

Nate let the quiet settle in around him as he coxed the Berkut home wondering if this was his day his luck ran out, as Valais Base crept over the horizon Nate shouldered his dark thoughts away in time for to hear Serpentina's words "Roger, Hope they aren't to close behind me....." he responded trailing off not saying that it was in case he crashed.
Nate watched the snow fly against his canopy and smiled softly at it, then lined up on the runway "Huntsman to base, I'm the wounded fighter" he said trying to hide the shakiness in his voice as he stated the obvious. Nate landed hard do to the missing canard and reduced aerodynamics of the wounded fighter, as he taxied over to a hanger he popped the canopy and climbed out as it came to a stop. He didn't kiss the ground like he wanted to but walked over to watch the F16XL and Serpentina land.

Ordo
Member for 2 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Draruto on Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:07 pm

With a practiced landing and slow taxi to the hanger, stopping beside the wounded Berkut, he descended from the cockpit. Right in to the gunsights of the security personnel, which he figured were warned of his arrival from the Viper pilot. 'Can't control Fate and other people, all there is to do is wait and hope cooler heads prevail.' he mused with a shrug. "I see a brig or interrogation room in my near future. Hopefully I'm not just taken and shot. That would royally suck since I came here to get away from the assholes in Oured." he quipped while raising his hands above his head.
~
Landing, but taxing the opposite hanger, Serpentina dismounted the F-2A and walked over to Nate and the unknown F-16XL pilot. Matching gazes with the male, she noticed the pain and anger behind his eyes. 'How familiar, wonder if his life mirrors mine?' she wondered. "Should I ask why an Osean aviator is so far from home?" Serpentina heard a guard inquired. "Couldn't stand the men I flew for in Osea. And I needed a change of scenery." Recognizing a partial admission when she heard it, Serpentina decided to ask about it later. Once she knew more about him and figure if she could trust him.

As security lead the unknown pilot away, she glanced at Nate and points towards his fighter. "Do believe that ends your streak of returning undamaged. Guess the squadron is out two thousand, thanks." Serpentina said, flicking Nate on his forehead. Heading inside, after getting her gear bag, she saw the squadron grumble and glare at her. 'I won the pot, wonder what I'm going to do with the extra two grand? Save for a rainy day or spend it on something stupid?' Serpentina thought finding herself near the squadron's rec room.

Draruto
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ordo on Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:32 am

Nate stood there stunned as Serpentina walked away, her words still ringing in his ears.
"S***" he commented as he thought about what she said then looked over at his wounded Berkut, which was missing most of the port side canard and the engine intake scoop. On closer inspection he saw that he was lucky the port side wing was still mostly attached, he shook his head at the damage and headed after Serpentina.

As he walked past the Rec room he heard boos and curses being yelled at him but he just shook his head again and gave them the finger. Nate walked in to a debriefing room and slotted the micro SD card in the computer port, as the computer synced and downloaded the data he watched the officer across the desk daring him to comment on the status of his fighter.

Ordo
Member for 2 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!