Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

AceDarkfire/Renegade581's Art Thread

a topic in The Artist's Cafe, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Have some artwork to share? Share it here — and feel free to ask for commissions!

AceDarkfire/Renegade581's Art Thread

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ace Darkfire on Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:32 am

First up, my current works-in-progress. (Links to their dA pages).
http://acedarkfire.deviantart.com/art/W ... -130732789
http://acedarkfire.deviantart.com/art/M ... -127888306

A hand-drawn piece for you to enjoy, I don't do enough of them anymore. And yes, KOS-MOS was an influence: (dA page link)
http://acedarkfire.deviantart.com/art/T ... -117137957

7/27/09

Some lowploygon work done for what is essentially a defunct indie game at the moment. Seems the guy decided to stop working on it, or just isn't working it or something, because he's too much of an unguided fool to know what he wants in the game. Last post on that games forum in the development area was the beginning to the middle of June, outside of the dev area is mid-to-late June.

Anyway, in order of how I uploaded them on DeviantArt:
http://acedarkfire.deviantart.com/art/R ... -131137877

http://acedarkfire.deviantart.com/art/R ... -131138105

(These last 3 use a different render software)

http://acedarkfire.deviantart.com/art/R ... -131138461

http://acedarkfire.deviantart.com/art/R ... -131138940

http://acedarkfire.deviantart.com/art/R ... -131140171

8/18/09

Something new, hand-drawn:

DeviantArt Image

9/29/09

Nevelle:
http://acedarkfire.deviantart.com/art/Nevelle-138619384

Milicona:
http://acedarkfire.deviantart.com/art/M ... -138620772

Murika Rei:
http://acedarkfire.deviantart.com/art/M ... -138621557

Daphne:
http://acedarkfire.deviantart.com/art/Daphne-138622078

T.A.R.A.N.A Enhanced Logic and Systems Advancement (E.L.S.A) model:
http://acedarkfire.deviantart.com/art/T ... -138623323

10/01/09

Well, here's a new Version of the T.A.R.A.N.A E.L.S.A image. (Last link in my previous link-posting post). Take note, her legs are longer they should be in this picture, but it doesn't seem all that distracting, to be honest.

http://acedarkfire.deviantart.com/art/M ... -138914619

10/14/09

Well... here's a Piece of **** for today, even though it's actually much older than just today.

http://acedarkfire.deviantart.com/art/M ... -139700410
AceDarkfire's deviantArt page
Former RPGateway Admin

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ace Darkfire
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Beta Tester Contributor Lifegiver

Re: Just some stuff I'm working on...

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilencexGolden on Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:32 am

Wow they are amazing, but my question is, Who are you? I have never known another administrator apart from Rem, are you some secret admin that nobody really knows about? enough of my questions these are some amazing pictures and the mecha are quite well done.
Image Thanks Mainee! ~ xox.
Please add your name to my list of people for my newest experiment: A Vampire's Masquerade (Interest Check)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SilencexGolden
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ace Darkfire on Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:53 pm

I've been an administrator as long as Rem has, same with Sinful Soul and Kouketsu, who don't seem to post much or at all anymore. I don't post much, haven't posted much since the website went live in 2005, and I tend to log on as invisible, which is why I'm an "unknown" as far as the admins are concerned.

Ace Darkfire
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Beta Tester Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nyxeth on Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:00 pm

Excellent work as always Ace, I'm highly jealous of your modelling abilities when I could only bungle a pass in my modelling criteria for my Diploma.

Otherwise, Ace has, as he said, has been around a long time. He still helps out with the site greatly and his efforts are much appreciated by the staff as a whole. ;)

Nyxeth
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ace Darkfire on Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:11 pm

Edited into First post.

Ace Darkfire
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Matthias on Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:59 pm

I had completely forgotten that Ace Darkfire spends time in the world of art. Definitely better than the last time I've checked out your work.

Matthias
Member for 18 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ace Darkfire on Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:04 pm

Edited into First Post.

Ace Darkfire
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years

Re: Some new Stuff

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ace Darkfire on Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:37 am

Edited into First post

Ace Darkfire
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nyxeth on Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:12 pm

Pretty nice, composure and detail looks snazzy, only issues I found might be a few tweaks to shading on a few and Daphne's legs just seem a bit, I don't know, long?

Other than that, keep on going Ace!

Nyxeth
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ace Darkfire on Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:57 pm

Alvaron wrote:Pretty nice, composure and detail looks snazzy, only issues I found might be a few tweaks to shading on a few and Daphne's legs just seem a bit, I don't know, long?

Other than that, keep on going Ace!

Probably an optical illusion brought on by the position of her arms, if they were sitting at her sides, the legs would look proper length, as well as how the feet are positioned. But the possibility that I like leggy women probably played a hand in it, who knows.

Ace Darkfire
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years

Re: AceDarkfire/Renegade581's Art Thread

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ace Darkfire on Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:32 pm

Edited into First Post

Ace Darkfire
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rend on Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:14 am

8D yay Mecha! -flailhappy-

I love how your mechs seem to be a combination of gundam and Mass effect; they aren't too bulky and they aren't too streamline ( because god knows if a mech isn't manly and weapon laden, it isn't my friend). I especially like the hand drawn ones. Your line-art is so clean~! -jealous-

As for the mekgirls, I friggin LOVE Murika Rei. The pose is fantastic and the suit that she has is awesome. I love the detail that you've put into all of these lovely ladies. Personally, I love the long legs. It adds a certain stylized look to them that makes them unique and in more mecha based, in my opinion. I also love how you draw your eyes. Unlike my eye style, yours aren't the big, sappy, my-eyes-are-the-biggest-part-of-my-body eyes and are becoming overdone and boring.

Nevelle has some really nice shading and I really like the nose and the face lines a ton. They make me happy, yes they do. There are two things that I noticed that seem a tad off, but they aren't anything that smack me on the face. I had to actually really look to pick them out. The first is the ear. It seems a bit small in proportion to her face, however, that could be entirely just me and my tendencies toward elf-type people. The other thing is her right eye. It is a tad bit too far away from the nose proportionally. However, if that was what you were going for, ignore me, I'm just trying to be helpful. My favorite part of this one is her hair. It's fun, the highlights look really good, and the style is different. Also, thank you god, there is another person in the world that does not chop off the upper back half of their character's skull! -claps like a tard- Yaaaay!

Milicona also looks really good. Again, suit detail is making Render a happy girl, indeed, especially the forearms and her calves. Anatomically, the hips seem a little bit too narrow. Those arms are delicious, by the way. Arm muscles and shoulders are my favorite things to draw, so seeing well done arms also makes me happy. Her right had seems a bit off, but extending the line for where her palm meets her fingers and pushing her wrist back a smidgen will take care of that. Her hair is also fun. ^^

But my favorite of the stuff you've posted so far is definitely this last one. She looks very well put together as a character. Also, I prefer how much softer and more womanly this version of her is over the other one. You've also seemed to flesh her out a bit more too. This is your best as far as anatomy goes, especially her hip and leg areas. Fanfriggintastic. The only thing that stands out to me with her is her chest. I can't tell you why because I don't really know how to describe what's off about it, but the chesticles seem a bit...odd somehow. The line art in this is wonderful. I love the thick outer lines and the thin inner detail lines. It always makes a drawing look clean and professional. Again, those arms are delightful as are her hands.

I am looking forward to seeing more of your stuff, god knows there aren't enough mecha artists out there and I sure as heck fail at drawing them. <3 Holy crap, I'm sorry about the huge response. T^T

Rend
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ace Darkfire on Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:11 pm

Rend wrote:8D yay Mecha! -flailhappy-

I love how your mechs seem to be a combination of gundam and Mass effect; they aren't too bulky and they aren't too streamline ( because god knows if a mech isn't manly and weapon laden, it isn't my friend). I especially like the hand drawn ones. Your line-art is so clean~! -jealous-

I love mixing styles for Mech drawings, if you pull it off, no one is really wise on it. There's a certain "clean factor" that can be gleaned from doing so - combining the stylized looks of Eastern Mecha with the down-to-business Western Mecha.

As for the mekgirls, I friggin LOVE Murika Rei. The pose is fantastic and the suit that she has is awesome. I love the detail that you've put into all of these lovely ladies. Personally, I love the long legs. It adds a certain stylized look to them that makes them unique and in more mecha based, in my opinion. I also love how you draw your eyes. Unlike my eye style, yours aren't the big, sappy, my-eyes-are-the-biggest-part-of-my-body eyes and are becoming overdone and boring.

I used to draw big eyes, and literally, just out of the blue, I stopped doing so. I now find it very difficult to draw the big eyes and pull it off properly.

Murika Rei's pose just slapped me in the face, and made the attempt to pull it off, I'm actually glad it came out well.

Nevelle has some really nice shading and I really like the nose and the face lines a ton. They make me happy, yes they do. There are two things that I noticed that seem a tad off, but they aren't anything that smack me on the face. I had to actually really look to pick them out. The first is the ear. It seems a bit small in proportion to her face, however, that could be entirely just me and my tendencies toward elf-type people. The other thing is her right eye. It is a tad bit too far away from the nose proportionally. However, if that was what you were going for, ignore me, I'm just trying to be helpful. My favorite part of this one is her hair. It's fun, the highlights look really good, and the style is different. Also, thank you god, there is another person in the world that does not chop off the upper back half of their character's skull! -claps like a tard- Yaaaay!

Yeah, her right eye does need to come in a little bit. Fortunately, I am planning on a new version of her in the future, so it's a problem I'll be addressing.

Milicona also looks really good. Again, suit detail is making Render a happy girl, indeed, especially the forearms and her calves. Anatomically, the hips seem a little bit too narrow. Those arms are delicious, by the way. Arm muscles and shoulders are my favorite things to draw, so seeing well done arms also makes me happy. Her right had seems a bit off, but extending the line for where her palm meets her fingers and pushing her wrist back a smidgen will take care of that. Her hair is also fun. ^^

Her hips looking is attributed to the fact... I'm not used to drawing women from that angle. Up until recently, I never really bothered challenging myself too much, often sticking to bland poses just to show a character off.

But my favorite of the stuff you've posted so far is definitely this last one. She looks very well put together as a character. Also, I prefer how much softer and more womanly this version of her is over the other one. You've also seemed to flesh her out a bit more too. This is your best as far as anatomy goes, especially her hip and leg areas. Fanfriggintastic. The only thing that stands out to me with her is her chest. I can't tell you why because I don't really know how to describe what's off about it, but the chesticles seem a bit...odd somehow. The line art in this is wonderful. I love the thick outer lines and the thin inner detail lines. It always makes a drawing look clean and professional. Again, those arms are delightful as are her hands.

Yeah, there's something amiss about her chest, I couldn't figure out a way that actually looked better. Though it's possible her right breast should have just been done with shading, as it's quite possible its the hard line representing it that's throwing it off. Can't be sure. I've been in a drawing habit lately, so going for broke with yet another version wouldn't kill me.

I am looking forward to seeing more of your stuff, god knows there aren't enough mecha artists out there and I sure as heck fail at drawing them. <3 Holy crap, I'm sorry about the huge response. T^T

Ah, there's plenty of Mecha artists out there, many of them opting into digital paint and Computer-Aided-Drafting type programs to do them - I've done one or two that way, but never really liked the results too much, especially since I'm stuck with only 3-gigs of RAM and a ridiculously poor monitor (10 years old, only capable of 1024x768 resolution) that I haven't had the money to replace.

Ace Darkfire
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ace Darkfire on Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:13 pm

Well... here's a Piece of **** for today, even though it's actually much older than just today.

http://acedarkfire.deviantart.com/art/M ... -139700410

Ace Darkfire
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bane_Darkwolf on Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:58 pm

I could go on a tangent and fanboy over how awesome you are... But I think that saying I could is good enough to get the point across. :P

I really envy your clean lines, detail, and all around skill I could really learn a thing or two from watching you so... I think I will. I would tell you to keep u the good work, but I hardly think you need me to tell you that.
Although the most acute judges of the witches and even the witches themselves, were convinced of the guilt of witchery, the guilt nevertheless was non-existent. It is thus with all guilt. ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Bane_Darkwolf
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ace Darkfire on Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:24 pm

Bane_Darkwolf wrote:I could go on a tangent and fanboy over how awesome you are... But I think that saying I could is good enough to get the point across. :P

I really envy your clean lines, detail, and all around skill I could really learn a thing or two from watching you so... I think I will. I would tell you to keep u the good work, but I hardly think you need me to tell you that.

I think my lines are actually messy, not as smooth as they could be, you know?

Well, at some point, I'll get back to drawing some more things and updating this thread accordingly. (Or pick and choose what I want to show off here like I have been doing).

Ace Darkfire
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ace Darkfire on Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:31 pm

New Model for today. It's called the "Wolf." It actually isn't finished.

Done in 3D... to be expected.

No specs for it...

http://acedarkfire.deviantart.com/art/L ... -144506544

Ace Darkfire
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EternalSonata on Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:33 pm

:) Murika Rei looks like Samus from Metroid! xD

"My coldness upsets many, but it is my only security." ~Rei Ayanami

EternalSonata
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kai on Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:53 pm

*stumbles in and stares in shock* Another person around who does 3d work? I think you've just made my day :) No, make that week.

Ahem... anyways, really nice work. I love the detail and the shading on the models is really nice. What program do you use for modeling and rendering? I would love to see the ones you're currently working on be textured. Same with the 2D drawings, actually. Any plans on coloring them?
He who has ears to hear, let him hear
For this is a tale of an ancient kind
In the word there lies existence and the word became flesh
And dwelt among us and we saw its glory
Let him hear it who will

Kai
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Promethean Inspiration

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ace Darkfire on Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:55 pm

If only to bump this back on the first page.

A few months old (around the beginning of this year):
http://acedarkfire.deviantart.com/#/d2gtxw1

And only a few weeks old, not considering the modeling time (just the time it was uploaded to DA):
http://acedarkfire.deviantart.com/#/d2xbgvf

Ace Darkfire
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!