Announcements: Initiative: Promoting Forum Roleplay » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Empty Skies » Does Mind Affect the World? » I have an announcement. » Iskjerne Ballad by dealing_with_it » Viking Music / Norse Songs - Germanic Paganism » Capitalism » Panspermia: a Case for Cordyceps » The Ethics on owning a Housepet » I just really had to share this plot idea. » Materialism » Satire & Comedy » Platonic numbers » No complaints (a little bit of rappin) » Any multi-player roleplay videogamers here? » Needing a woman's perspective on a concept » Gluts and Gaps » Universal Basic Income » Impending Pursuit Q&A » Eudaimonia » Loot! »

Players Wanted: Long term partner to play an older male wanted » DEAD! » Looking for new RP Buddy(s)! » Sands of Oblivion » Looking for Role Players to join an active universe » Looking for Empire of Cendalia Players » Seeking Roleplayers for The Isekai Wonderland Project » Hadean The Brave - Fresh Blood » Just a trophy of status - long term, story focus! » Kingdom come looking for roleplayers » The Last Dragon! » Roleplay Return for 1 x 1 » Players wanted for a science fiction adventure. » Players needed for Fantasy Romance reboot » One(1) male & Two(2) Female Roles OPEN <3 » Talmora: Kingdom of magic » Looking For A New Partner » Hellboy characters » 18+ Writing Partner [Fantasy, Romance, Etc.] » 18+, Multi-Para to Novella Writers please! »

Aces and Eights

a topic in Uncategorized Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

Other roleplay stuff, either inactive or otherwise. Roleplays that don't fit within any of the other categories.

Aces and Eights

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby kokiri_kat on Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:59 pm

The Mall was as crowded today as it always was. Andie sat at the fountain, sipping her drink and watching the people around her hustle and bustle through the stores. Gangs of teenagers giggling and flirting, families bickering and laughing. And then there was Andie, flanked on each side by her ever present bodyguards, and nearing tears at the thought of it. Why couldn't she just have fun at the Mall like a normal person?

It was so frustrating. She was nineteen, that was old enough for the government to think she could run her own life, so why didn't her father? As many times as she had pleaded, cried, screamed, demanded, or begged, it never worked. He was firm in his resolve and there was no way for Andie to get around it. Sometimes she hated her father.

She could always run away. She had thought about it many times, but it was no use, her bodyguards with with her at all times. Except of course when she . . .

Andie sat up suddenly. Why hadn't she ever thought of it before. She could run away for the day at least, and have just a little bit of freedom. She smiled to herself as she stood up, the two large men on each side of her standing up as well.

“I just need to go to the bathroom, boys. It's right over there. I can do that by myself can't I?” she asked sarcastically. She walked over to the bathroom, looking back as she reached the door. They had stayed in there place, but they were staring straight at her. She only had a few moments.

When she entered the bathroom, she went straight to the little opaque window and opened it. It was small, but she would be able to get through it. She stood on the closest sink, gaining the interested stares of the two teenage girls a couple sinks over. She swung her legs through the window, and let herself down slowly. When she reached the sidewalk, she began to run as fast as she could.

Freedom, she thought, at least for a little while.
Last edited by kokiri_kat on Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

kokiri_kat
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Re: Aces and Eights

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Olya on Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:28 pm

Do not confess your sins to me
I won't be the one to keep your secret
I am the wind, I'll whisper it to river
And spread it with the leafs along the street
Do not confess, I'm not the one who's meant
To understand you or to soothe your pain
I am the wind, I do not feel regret
You're reaching out for me in vain

Do not confess your tears to me
The fury of your weakness makes me laugh
I am the wind, not demon of your dreams
Without love my life is full enough
Do not confess, I'm not the one who could
Court you or hold you in embrace
I am the wind, I do not dare to, do not wish to
Attach you to myself with silky lace

Vincent walked along the street without truly knowing where he was headed. His head was buzzing from a hangover that could have killed a horse. He drank. He had to drink. Every time he did it, he had to lock himself in a room and take shot after shot until the reality became so blurred that he no longer felt regret. He did not drink to feel happiness - he drank to feel nothing, but the numbness pained him just as much and so he drank more until his consciousness would leave him. The next morning, when he would wake up beside an empty bottle of scotch, he'd laugh and say that his soul took a cleaning and an alcohol spin cycle. Funny how he could erase the pain the very next morning. But just that night, and every night he had to do it... His feelings would come to haunt him... And so, he drank.

Vincent's hand reached mechanically into his pocket where it felt a deck of cards. His fingers ran along the silky lining of the top card and clearly felt three dot-like indents. Ace of hearts. Yes, he cheated in everything he did, but card marking was the least of his problems and it certainly did not bother him one bit. The scum he was playing with deserved what they were getting. Besides, it's not like they even paid him enough for doing all the dirty work. Augustin was a cheap bastard. Who cares if he raised him? He was still cheap.

Vincent took out the top card and stared at it as he walked. Funny how much trouble people put into making cards look nice... Suddenly he felt a push. Had he not been so hung over, he might have reacted faster, but he did not. Slowly he took his eyes off the card and looked down to see a blond head pressed (or more like slammed) against his chest. Unfortunately, certain parts of him were still working and working actively.

Young man wrapped the hand that was holding the ace around the girl's waist and lifted her chin with the other. His instincts weren't wrong - she was very pretty. "You know," he chuckled, "a gypsy told me that today I would meet the woman of my dreams and my future wife..." His voice was pleasant, velvety, soothing, a natural tenor. "Your eyes are two crystal-clear lakes... They have bewitched me, charmed me..." With that he leaned in and kissed the girl on the lips. His other hand, meantime, slipped the ace into hers.

Vince, he thought to himself, you are such a bastard... But, who cares?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Olya
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby kokiri_kat on Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:43 pm

As surprised as Andie was at the moment, she could still appreciate that she had never been kissed quite like that in her life. The stranger's kiss was smoldering. She almost felt as if she was on fire; a warm, tingling sort of fire which was raging from her head to her toes. It was almost enough to make her forget what she was doing, but she couldn't be caught like this, not now. Andie put her hand on the stranger's chest and lightly pushed him away.

“I can't tell you how nice it is to meet you,” she stammered when her lips were once again free, “but I'm afraid I have to run at the moment, otherwise they'll catch up with me.”

For the first time she felt the card in her hand. She looked down at the ace, and then smiled up at the stranger. She winked, and once again she began to run, holding the card in the air.

“I'll keep this as a memento of the best kiss I've ever received from a stranger on the street,” she yelled behind her as she turned a corner and continued to run.
Last edited by kokiri_kat on Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kokiri_kat
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Olya on Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:01 pm

"What!? That's it?" Vincent could not help it. He yelled his thoughts out loud in desperation. Here he thought that his day was finally going to get better, but no! The little slice was slipping right out of his hands. No, no, no and a thousand times no! He would not let this happen. Last night was bad enough. Today he intended to have a perfect day. Perfect! He'd be damned if he let this kid ruin it.

He dashed after her and cut the girl off from her path by stepping in front of her. "Who'll catch up with you," Vincent asked as soon as he slowed down his sprint. "Slow down, kid? Did you steal something? Are you in some kind of trouble?" Wait, was he showing a genuine concern for another human being? Yup! It certainly looked that way. Apparently, last night's alcohol binge did not soothe his conscience enough and now he was looking for a way to make amends. One good dead clears two bad ones they say... If that were true, Vincent would have to become a walking saint for the rest of his life to clear him of his sins...

"Look, don't worry, okay," he tried to comfort the girl as best as he could. He was new at this, to be honest. Most of the comforting he did was in motel rooms. "As long as you are with me, no one will touch you, I promise... No, seriously, I'm not crazy. Trust me. No one." Vincent took the girl by the shoulders and led her into a small alley. There he pushed a garbage container aside with his leg and pulled her behind it. "There. Sit here. Hiding beats running." He leaned his head against the brick wall. "Now, tell me, what's your problem?"

Maybe he could use kindness to get what he wanted from her... Yeah, so much for "genuine concern for another human being" - short lived like all the rest of his good intentions.

Olya
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby kokiri_kat on Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:05 pm

“Look, I'm grateful that you're trying to help me and all,” Andie said in hushed tones, “but you don't know my father. He's already going to be angry enough at me. If he found out you helped me, he'd kill you.”

As much as Andie wanted to get away from her captivity, she was weary of dragging a stranger into it. She knew her father would be furious, but he never stayed angry at her for long. He would be even less angry at her if he had someone else to blame for her behavior, and he wouldn't be lenient with anyone who helped her disobey him.

“I'm just trying to get away from him for a little while. My bodyguards will be after me at any moment. You should get out of here. I'll just hide for a little while, and I'll be perfectly fine on my own after that. Really, I will,” she said.

At that moment, she froze. Footsteps could be heard not far off, and they sounded as if they were rushing. Assuming it was her bodyguards, she quickly put her finger to her lips and gestured for the strange man to duck further behind the trashcan with her.

“Hurry!” she whispered, putting her head down as far as she could and hoping that they could not be seen from the street.
Last edited by kokiri_kat on Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kokiri_kat
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Olya on Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:05 am

"That's a wonderful coincidence," Vincent laughed, "lots of people want to kill me. What's one more?" He gently put his arm around her and kissed her on the forehead. "I'm the last person in this world you should be worrying about. So, don't be scared, kitten."

The girl kept talking and talking... She mentioned bodyguards... What? Multiple? This meant that the kid was loaded. A faint interest sparked within his eyes. If she had money, he'd have to look into it. Of course, finding out more about the girl would be very difficult with multiple body guards kicking his ass across the street. Getting them to 'go away' was out of the question too - Vincent had no desire to let her know what he could do to people.

"Over here, silly!" Vincent threw his jacket over the girl. It was rather big on her and hid her frame well. From the back, with their long blond hair, they looked like a pair of siblings - an older boy and a younger boy. Vincent lifted her rather easily and threw her on top of a brick fence. He climbed over it effortlessly and helped her down on the other side. "This will buy us at least 15 minutes, now, let's run!"

Vincent took the girl by the hand and pulled her with him. He ran fast, navigating through the winding alley ways as if he knew them like the back of his hand. "My name is Vince, by the way," he shouted to her, "If you get tired of me dragging you, I can carry!"

Olya
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby kokiri_kat on Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:29 am

From the way Vince talked, it seemed he was the kind of person Andie's father would have referred to as “Riff-Raff.” From the way daddy described them, they always sounded so fascinating. Getting in fights at bars over pretty woman, cheating at poker, running underground criminal rings. It was the type of thing that excited Andie. She couldn't believe her luck at running into someone who could give her a real adventure.

She was amazed at the way Vince treated her as if she were a rag doll. He seemed to pick her up whenever he wanted to, pull her down alleyways, and kiss her whenever he had the slightest desire. She had never been treated that way in her life. No one ever treated her any way other than was proper, for fear of her father's displeasure. She never thought she'd like it so much. It was refreshing—invigorating even.

“Andrea Beaumont,” Andie yelled back when Vince introduced himself, “and no need to worry about me. I can keep up just fine.”

She giggled as he lead her by the hand. They were running as fast as they could through streets and alleyways, escaping from her dreary and boring life. Andie had no idea what she was running towards. She could only assume that it would be the most fun she'd had in her entire life.
Last edited by kokiri_kat on Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kokiri_kat
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Olya on Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:24 am

Vincent felt his pupils dilate. Beaumont? This little brat was a Beaumont!? He could not believe his rotten luck! Of all the people in the world, he had to run into THAT man's daughter. Augustin would not be pleased. Not one bit. He had spent the last six months trying to convince the old fart to introduce his daughter to his young protege. So far, there was little progress. It was a difficult task convincing anyone that a young man with no family - not a single living relative - was truly a Clare. The last member of that family disappeared over twenty years ago. To be honest, Vincent was not sure himself. What did he have to go on? Augustin's word? By God, that wasn't worth much! In spite of his expensive education, his flawless language and manners (when he cared to remember he had them), Vincent felt like a mule in a horse's harness. He was a gambler, a professional prestidigitator, a womanizer, a few other things to top that off. How could he, HE of all people, be the equivalent of New World's royalty? Even if he hid his vices from others, he'd still know them - nothing would change. Clare... No, that could not have been his real last name. Yet, it was the name he's been signing since before he could remember. Vincent Clare. No, to her, just like to everyone else he knew off stage, he would be just Vince. There was no need for her to know. After all, the old man would never give in to Augustin's pleads anyway.

"I'll call you Andie," he laughed once he regained his ability to speak, "very androgynous, don't you think? Which gives me an idea... You're a flat, skinny little brat, aren't you?" Somehow he did not seem to have a problem making fun of everyone he had come across in his life. This girl was no exception. Who cares about the fragile self-esteem of a teenager, right?

"We're here," Vincent announced and stopped abruptly in front of a hotel. It was a very expensive old building. Built in the twenties, it served as a temporary home to every celebrity who has ever visited this city. Twelve story-building was being constantly renovated to keep it in top shape, but the original 20's style was upheld perfectly. A suite in a place like this cost a small fortune per night. It's not like Vincent cared - Augustin was paying for it since Vince could not stand Augustin's mansion or his two-faced friends. He'd gamble with them he'd cheat them and he'd steal from them when ordered, but causal socializing with them? Forget it! "What? Don't look at me like that! I live here for your information."

"Good morning, Mr..." The bellhop began to greet Vincent, but the young man cut him off.

"Morning, old sport, how's life?"

"Not anywhere near as good as yours... I see today it's a blond. You go through them pretty fast. Isn't she a bit young and flat for you?" Yeah, sure the old man was trying to compliment Vincent's... stamina, but honestly, you KNOW you've slept with too many women when even the bell hops make a joking sport of you.

"You stupid old fart," Vince yelled at him and lifted the man off the ground by his collar, "watch your mouth around her! Can't you see she's my sister?" True, there was some resemblance. Both were naturally blond, both had blue eyes and both were slender and pale. Vincent could easily pass her off as his sister if he chose to and this is what he intended to do. After all, there was no need for anyone to know who she really was and if everyone thought she was his sister, no one would ask any questions.

"I'm sorry, I am so sorry, sir," the bell hop began apologizing the best he could with his feet dangling in the air. "Miss, your brother is a nice kid, really, he sends my whole family gift baskets every holiday - he does this for all the staff."

"Yeah, yeah! Shut up already," Vincent cut him off and set the old man down. For god's sake, he didn't have to tell everyone he met what a nice guy that rich kid in room 713 was, did he? "Look, Bernard, I need a favour from you. Your grandson is about fourteen, right? Could you get me some of his clothes? And a cap - I'll definitely need a cap. Also, get some some of your wife's hairpins and make up, and if you can, find me a pair of runners about size seven. I need this all upstairs as soon as possible... Oh, one more thing. You-know-who and my sis don't get along too well, so, if you see him, do not tell him that she is here."

"Yes, sir, understood."

"Let's go, kiddo," he turned to Andie and smiled sheepishly. Bernard had a big mouth on him. He really did. With a sigh he patted her on the head and led her to the elevator. "Sorry about that... Don't mind Bernie - he's crazy."

Olya
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby kokiri_kat on Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:18 pm

Andie ignored the bell hop's insinuations. Even if Vincent was the sort of man he suggested, it only added to his charm as far as Andie was concerned. He was a rouge, charming and worldly, and she was beginning to like him more each minute she was with him. He would definitely add some excitement to her life, if nothing else.

She was, however, inclined to be slightly offended. For starters, why did everyone insist on calling her “flat?” She was almost a B cup, and that was without padding. So she didn't wear push-ups like the other girls. Did she deserved to be called “flat” for that? And she really didn't appreciate being treated as if she were a child.

“Would you please stop calling me 'kid', including all variants of the word?” she asked indignantly. “I may be younger than you, but it can't be by that much. I'm not a child. I didn't expect to have to tell you that. You're as bad as my father.”

The slight pout on Andie's face as she was arguing her adulthood was not doing much to help her case. She knew, however, that if she turned down the corners of her mouth ever so slightly, pursed her lips just a bit, and widened her eyes, she always seemed to get what she wanted. At least, that tactic always worked on her father. She wondered if it had the same effect on all men. Just in case, she decided to throw in a few flutters of her eyelashes for good measure.

“Why did you ask for all those things?” she asked as they entered the elevator, the pout still gracing her face. “I don't understand what we need them for. You're not actually going to make me where that stuff are you?”
Last edited by kokiri_kat on Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kokiri_kat
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Olya on Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:33 pm

Vincent laughed at her complaints. The one time he was treating a woman decently and she was getting offended! Go figure! No, girls were crazy - period. You chase after them with fake promises in order to get a one night stand and they welcome you with open arms. You treat one like your sister and she lets out her claws. What did they want from men again? Did anyone even know?

"You want me to treat you like a woman?" As soon as they got into the elevator, Vincent pressed her up against the corner and began kissing her, this time slightly rougher and more passionately than he had done before. "Be careful what you wish for, kitten," he chuckled once he released her and pressed the elevator button. "Let's make this clear - I'm a pretty big bastard. The only way I am not going to chase you around my suite in my underwear is if I treat you like a younger sibling and if I had a sister, I'd call her 'kid' or any variation of that word." He was clearly mocking her tone.

"By the way, hon, don't pout at me like that - it doesn't work with me," he warned sternly with an older brother look on his face. "Now, smiling like that WILL work on me and I suggest you cut that out if you don't want to live with the consequences. I'm already overdue for a cold shower, so, don't provoke me."

The elevator doors opened. Vincent once again took the girl by the hand and led her forward. His suite was not far from the elevator. Vincent swiped the card and the door opened. "Oh shit," he mumbled remembering that he had not cleaned up after his last night's drinking binge. Well, she'd just have to deal with empty bottles on the floor. Vincent has always refused any kind of cleaning service and insisted on housekeeping his suite himself... Perhaps she could tidy up a bit as a payment for his hospitality... "By the way, you ARE going to wear those things if you want to stay here for a while. The guys looking for you are searching for a girl, not a guy and besides if I say I'm a bastard, the morons I fraternize with are much worse. No, you'll be much better off in men's clothing."

Olya
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby kokiri_kat on Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:21 pm

Her head a little cloudy and confused from being once again kissed without warning, she didn't follow much of what Vince said. He seemed to be warning her. Something about being careful he didn't chase her around the suite in his underwear. A few words about how pouting didn't work on him. Damn, she thought.

She allowed herself to be lead, still a little hazy, to his suite. She nearly stepped on an empty scotch bottle as she entered. Various types of bottles were spread over the floor. All in all, she thought it looked the way a scoundrel's suite should look, and she found that she was rather pleased with it.

Andie was perfectly alert when she was told that she would indeed be wearing shabby boy's clothing. The pout on her face was genuine as looked down at her lacy baby doll tank and designer jeans. She protectively wrapped her hand around the 14 karat gold bracelet which graced her wrist, pulling it close to her chest.

“I'll have you know this is Juicy Couture, mister! I can't believe you want to take away my amazing sense of fashion!”

Andie sat down roughly, pulling off her red high-heels. Her feet were killing her from all the running around, and she was on the verge of tears at the thought of disguising herself as a boy. She saw Vince's point. It really was the only way, and it was a very clever idea. Still, the vulgarity of it all was almost too much for her to bear.
Last edited by kokiri_kat on Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kokiri_kat
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Olya on Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:14 am

"You'll do as I say or go home." With a groan, Vincent threw himself onto the couch. This was going to be harder than he thought. In essence, he was babysitting this spoilt rich little brat. Had it been anyone else, he wouldn't have cared one bit. In fact, if she wasn't a Beaumont, he would have left her at some cafe and gone home by now. But no. Knowing whom she was, he had to keep her around. Let her know whom he really was before she discovers his name. He had given over the control of his life to Augustin, and that was fine, but he'd be damned if he was going to do the same with anyone else's life. He was fine with stealing, cheating, and performing, but he'd be damned if he would steal someone's life. No one deserved that. Not even this spoilt brat. He didn't know how long he was going to keep her around. Perhaps until she begins to hate him...

Vincent's dark thoughts were interrupted by a knock on the door. "Opened," he yelled off the couch knowing full well that it was on the hotel staff - Vincent's friends never knocked.

"I brought you the things you've asked for." An elderly woman walked in with a plastic bag full of old boy's clothing. "Your sister is very pretty, Mr. Vincent. Are you sure you want to dress her up into this?"

"Of course I do," Vincent laughed. "She is much too spoilt for her own good. Girl needs to learn how to work and how to get by on something other than looks. Besides, she'll make a cute little boy, don't you think?"

"As you say sir. May I be excused?"

"Sure thing - go. And thank you, Maria." As soon as the woman left, Vincent picked up the bag and began going through clothing in there. "You can wear this, and this, and this," he mumbled as he kept throwing things at Andie. "Yeah, I think these should do you fine," he finally concluded. "Go to my bedroom and change. You can shove your own things under my bed - no one looks under there. And when you're done, I'll fix up your hair and face... Oh, by the way, wash off your make-up - we can't have a boy wearing lip gloss."

Olya
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby kokiri_kat on Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:08 am

Andie did as she was told without another word of argument. She picked up the items of clothing from the floor (she wasn't as quick at catching as Vince was at throwing) and walked somberly through the door leading to Vince's bedroom. She shut the door and locked it, taking every precaution in case he might suddenly decide to come barreling in wearing nothing but underwear.

She sat on the bed for a moment before she undressed, thinking about what her father might be doing right now. Word had no doubt reached him of her escape at the mall, and by now he must be furious. She felt slightly guilty. It had not occurred to her that she'd be getting her guards in a lot of trouble by running away the way she did. Daddy must've been having a field day with them at the moment.

Andie sighed, recalling her mind to the here and now. She never thought she'd see the day she was forced into boy's clothing. Not only boy's clothing, but cheap, common boy's clothing. Couldn't the bell hop's wife at least have supplied her with a name brand or two?

She rose in defeat, untying the strings of her shirt before slipping it off, followed by her jeans. She folded both neatly and placed them on the bed. She unclasped her bracelet, and reluctantly slipped it into the pocket of her jeans.

She now reached for the clothes she would be wearing. An ugly gray tee-shirt, a pair of baggy pants with a little hole in one of the knees, and a simple red baseball cap. She put each item on slowly, trying to stop them from touching her skin anymore than was necessary. When she was fully dressed, she slid her old clothes under the bed as Vince had instructed.

She went into the bathroom and washed her face, looking at herself in the mirror when she had finished. Awful she thought.

With a sad look on her face, she walked out of Vince's room to show him the end results.

“If God had intended for me to be a boy he would have made me one.”
Last edited by kokiri_kat on Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kokiri_kat
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Olya on Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:24 pm

Vincent had almost fallen off the couch laughing. She really looked like a little brat! This was going to be better than he thought! Perhaps he'd have fun after all. Without saying anything, he pulled her on the couch beside him and took out the make-up that Maria provided him with. With skill of an artist he began drawing Andrea thicker eyebrows with a brown pencil. Then came the eyeshadow. He applied some light-pink colour on her upper lids and a bit of light violet under the eyes. Vincent pulled back and looked at his creation. Perfect! A kid who hadn't slept for days playing videogames. Then came the mascara. Instead of putting it on her eyelashes, he ran two lines down her cheeks and padded them in with a napkin. "You couldn't look more perfect," he complemented as he continued working. Now he was twisting the ends of her long blond hair and pinning them up. In the end, it all ended up looking like a curly cut. A cap over it and Vincent was done.

"Hey, kitty, cheer up," he tried to comfort her as he finally noticed that the girl was upset. "You're still very pretty." Vince leaned in and gave her a peck on the lips. "You wanted some freedom, right? Well, this is your chance to get it. No one is holding you here. You wanted to come and you put these things on by yourself. In the end, you wanted this. Now, be a good girl and smile."

Vincent stood up and began cleaning up. "Hey, listen, while I tidy up, why don't you go to the bathroom and cut your nails off... Don't look at me like that - they'll grow back." Vincent threw a quick glance out the window and frowned. A large black Mercedes pulled up in front of the hotel. He did not need to wait and see who would come out of it. "Hurry up, Andie, okay? This is important. You're a boy now and don't you forget it if you want my head to stay on my shoulders. I'm really sticking my neck out for you."

Olya
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby kokiri_kat on Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:33 pm

Andie felt a little guilty. The only thing Vince had done since she met him was try to help her, and she hadn't even thanked him. All she had done was to prove that she was uncooperative when he came up with a way to keep her safe and hidden. Not to mention he had been quite kind to her. She wondered what he must think of her.

“Vince,” she said softly, saying his name for the first time since he'd told her it. She decided that she liked the way in which it rolled off her tongue.“I just wanted to say that I am grateful for all you've done for me. You're giving me a freedom which I've never had before. I realize I've never taken the time to say 'thank you,' and I apologize for that. From now on, I'll do anything you tell me to . . . for as long as you want me here.”

She walked over to Vince and pecked him lightly on the cheek. “Thank you.”

After a sweet smile in his direction, Andie hurried into the bathroom, shutting the door behind her. Quickly, she rooted around until she found nail-clippers, not looking too hard at the other things in the drawers for fear of what she might find. As quickly as she could, she clipped off the long tips of her fingernails. It was lucky she was running behind on her bi-monthly mani-pedi, otherwise she might have had them painted.

When she was finished, her nails were rough and uneven. She didn't think it would be a problem. She couldn't imagine boys gave much thought to their nails.

In the bathroom, she hovered for a moment. Wondering if she should wait there until Vince called her. He seemed to be expecting company from the way he had looked out the window.
Last edited by kokiri_kat on Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kokiri_kat
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Olya on Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:04 pm

"Forget it," Vincent mumbled. He hated being thanked. Hated. As far as he was concerned, he was the scum of the earth and deserved no gratitude. Besides, he had more important things to attend to. Vincent speedily threw the bags Maria brought behind the couch and kicked empty liquor bottles out of the way. He was about to run back to the couch, but the door had opened. His guest walked in.

"I see you saw me and decided to clean up," the man began with a chuckle. His voice was commanding and unfriendly. With all his stature and expression he expressed an air of superiority. He was the same hight as Vincent. In fact, they looked very much alike except that the stranger had broader more muscular figure, a taste for dark sophisticated clothing, weathered face of a forty year old man, and grey streaks in his blond hair. "Have you heard the news," he continued without waiting for a reply, "every cop in the city is looking for that brat." He sat down into the armchair without an invitation.

"What brat?" Vincent threw himself on the couch and pretended to not care about what was being related to him. "Augustin, do you really expect me to show concern every time some kid disappears?"

"I'm talking about the Beaumont girl, you buffoon!" Augustin clearly had no patience for Vincent. In fact, he looked like he hated the young man. "If something happens to that tart, it will be a catastrophe! I demand you go look for her."

"I don't care for tarts - I'm on a diet," Vincent laughed and closed his eyes lazily. He found it very hard to remain calm around his patron. Augustin... There was just something about him that Vincent could not stand.

"Insolent brat," Augustin sprung out of the armchair and grabbed Vincent by the collar. "You gutter snake! How dare you talk back to me!? Have you forgotten what I've done for you!?" The young man hadn't even bothered opening his eyes. They remained this way for a few minutes - Augustin holding Vincent by his collar and Vincent ignoring Augustin. Finally, the older man cooled off and let go of Vince. "Get me a drink, you useless punk," he ordered, "and get something for yourself - you're a bit more tolerable when you're drunk... What is THIS?" He turned to the bedroom doorway and saw a skinny teenage boy standing there. His appearance made Augustin cringe in disgust. "Is gutter snake now housing gutter rats? Are you into little boys now, Vincent?"

"He is my new housekeep and busboy," Vincent replied nonchalantly. He stood up and headed for the bar. "If you don't like something, you can always leave, Augustin."

Olya
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby kokiri_kat on Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:45 pm

Andie listened from behind the door when Vince's guest appeared. Whoever he was, he did not seem very pleasant. It took her a moment to realize that this stranger was talking about her. Her ears had not been mistaken, she distinctly heard the words “Beaumont girl.” She drew closer to get a better fix on the conversation.

Did her father really have every policeman in the city out looking for her? She should have known something like this was going to happen. She rolled her eyes, stepping into the doorway, keeping in mind she was no longer Andrea Beaumont. She was Andie, a regular teenage boy.

It took a moment before they noticed her. When the stranger did, her suspicions were confirmed. He was not a very pleasant man. Of course when she was referred to as a “gutter rat,” she had the urge to yell at the distinguished looking older man. Andie knew, however that she must refrain.

She looked from Vince's guest, to Vince, and back again before she ventured further into the room. She inconspicuously began to pick up stray bottles, trying to fill her new role as “housekeep and busboy.”
Last edited by kokiri_kat on Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kokiri_kat
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Olya on Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:05 pm

She... Was the worst housekeep in the history of housekeeping... Vincent looked at Andie and sighed. He had to admit that it was cute to watch her chase bottles that kept rolling away from her - someone clearly never had to pick up after herself let alone after a boozing party for one. He had to get Augustin out of here and the sooner the better. Urging him out was no use. He had to make it so that he'd want to leave on his own volition.

Vincent walked up to the bar and took out a bottle of champagne along with two glasses. With the skill of a professional barman he popped the cork. White foam rushed out of the mouth of the bottle. Vincent poured two glasses and handed one to Augustin. "To Beaumont inheritance," he raised his glass, "to how it slipped out of your greedy fingers."

"Champagne before six in the afternoon is reserved for aristocrats or for degenerates," Augustin replied grimly, "and you will never succeed at being either." He tried to look calm but underneath this facade he was boiling with anger and Vincent's seemingly expressionless eyes were picking up on these emotions.

"But you, on the other hand are a prime example of a degenerate," he laughed, "you should have some more."

"Insolent little bastard!" Augustin splashed his champagne into Vincent's face. "I'll teach you a lesson." Without further adieu, he swung and landed a punch on Vincent's face. The young man made no attempt to dodge it. His entire body shook from the impact. He fell backwards into an armchair, his head tilted to the side and a little back. The skin around his left eye became bright red and began to swell. "About time you learn some manners." Augustin set the glass on the coffee table and left the suite slamming the door behind him.

For a few minutes, the room was filled with silence. Then Vincent began to laugh.

"Like taking candy from a baby," he laughed, holding one hand over his eye.

Olya
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby kokiri_kat on Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:32 pm

Andie's heart had never beat so fast in her life. She knew what she must look like at the moment, standing there with her eyes wide, and her hand raised over her open mouth. It took several moments before she could recover from the shock. It was the first time she had ever seen a man punched in real life, and as exhilarating as it was, she wasn't sure she'd like to repeat the experience.

Thank God she had been able to keep herself from screaming. She might have given their whole game away, but she managed to hold it in. Her jaw dropping to the floor however, was not something she could suppress.

And then Vince laughed. He laughed as if it were some hilarious joke to be punched in the face. Andie wasn't sure she could see the humor in it.

“Does this sort of thing happen to you often, then?” Andie asked when she had recovered a little. She walked to the little fridge, and grabbed a large piece of ice. Kneeling beside the chair in which Vince now sat, she shooed his hand away from his eye and replaced it with the ice.

“And who was that awful man?” she asked, using her free hand to push back his blond hair.
Last edited by kokiri_kat on Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kokiri_kat
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Olya on Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:53 pm

"Only when I need him to leave," Vincent confessed. He often provoked Augustin on purpose in order to get the man to behave in the way he wanted. Getting beat up did not bother him. Even when he was enraged Augustin was careful not to permanently damage Vincent's looks - he was capitalizing quite well of young man's stunning good looks and intended to make even more money off them in the future.

Vincent pulled Andie onto his lap and hugged her. It was sweet that she was trying to take care of him. To be quite honest, he expected to be given another black eye this time by her. After what she heard, she should have been punching him, not comforting. Vincent took Andie's free hand and kissed it. Without realizing it, he began to slowly nuzzle the top of her head.

"That man is Augustin - my benefactor and one of your father's business partners... Among other things," he added grimly. "He is a pretty big son of a bitch, but he is a brilliant lawyer. He can make any deal go through and any criminal or legal problem go away... He also owns me." Vincent sighed. "My parents died when I was a baby. Augustin took me in and paid for my education. Now I have to do as he says to pay him back for what he did when I was little..." He winked with his healthy eye. "Sometimes though, I misbehave... Like now, for example."

Olya
Member for 13 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!