Adam and Collett (Roleplay: Royalburden & Castiel ONLY!)

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: Adam and Collett (1x1 Roleplay: Royalburden & Castiel ON

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Castle on Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:03 pm

"Would you mind if I bathed?" Collette asked, standing up slowly. He pulled the sheets up, making his bed quickly so that it looked neater than before. He grabbed his sling and dug through it for his grey painter's shirt. "I won't take long." He set his viol and bow against his pillow.

He yawned again, sitting on the edge of the bed quickly to keep from falling over. He looked over at Adam, his grey eyes visible from across the room.
Castle

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Castle
Member for 6 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Recruiter Property Buyer Greeter Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Royalburden on Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:40 pm

"Nah, go ahead." Adam said. He yawned widely and stretched his arms then scratched at a massive scar that ran down his chest, an old blade wound. There was a knocking at the front door once Collette had gone in to bathe and Adam went over to answer it.

Kon stood there, a hulking mass, one hand on the top edge of the doorway. He peered in and smiled his somewhat disconcerting smile, yellowed canines flashing. He chuckled at the sight of Adam still mostly undressed. "Seems like you had a good rest. Show me that prize you found back in Markridge. I told the keeper and he was very interested. The Dragon's Eye?"

Adam nodded and let Kon inside. "Just as it was written to be. The gem was set in a broach and is every bit as grand as was said. Getting it was without-.....well...It got a little bit complicated..." Adam glanced towards the bathroom.

Kon's eyebrows raised, "So that's how you acquired the musician, eh?"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Royalburden
Member for 6 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Castle on Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:21 pm

Collette thanked Adam before heading to the restroom. It was a small but nice bathroom. It was odd to see a pipe used to bathe, the musician more used to actual bathtubs or private bathhouses but it made sense since they were at an underground level where many wells could probably be accessed. It took Collette a moment to figure out how it worked. When he did, he searched for a clean cloth and bar of soap, hoping Adam wouldn't mind. The water was chilled, but far warmer than that of the river they had washed up in the river.

As he bathed he heard the door open, it must have been Kon by the low grumble of his voice Collette could just barely make out through the sound of running water.

It was extremely nice to clean himself up, it made him feel better on an emotional level as well. He was true to his word when he said it wouldn't take long, Collette was out in about five minutes. He dressed quickly, tucking his shirt in so it didn't look as baggy.

Collette exited the bathroom, spotting Kon and Adam. He smiled and greeted the lion man.
Last edited by Castle on Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Castle
Member for 6 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Recruiter Property Buyer Greeter Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Royalburden on Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:05 pm

Kon bowed his head to Collette, smiling. "You look wonderful today, Collette."

Adam was just finishing up digging through his things for the broach. He gave it to Kon to examine. Kon took the small piece of jewlery in his paws, held it up to a candle and studied the workmanship, looking very out of character for his mercenary self. Meanwhile Adam pulled on some casual clothes, a simple white shirt with a dark green vest that made his jet black hair look even more black and the pale scars on his face to stick out more. He looked like a shifty merchant, one you wouldn't trust to lay a value straight. The image broke however when he gave a warm smile. The clothes where nicer than his traveling clothes, made of a higher value cloth. Kon chuckled.

"Wow, this gem is worth at least a thousand coins, adding the sheer beauty to the magical value it holds. This crystal could power an assortment of high level spells without a problem." Kon said. The gem looked like an inverse cat's eye with the core in the middle a pitch black and the outside a deep golden yellow edged with a heated red. The color seemed to have changed ever so slightly from the time that Adam had layed eyes on it.

Royalburden
Member for 6 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Castle on Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:59 pm

"Thank you," Collette replied to Kon. His gaze was caught by the precious stone. "Is that what you stole from the Duchess?" He asked almost immediately, he walked closer. "It's beautiful." Collette looked up at Adam, his expression of awe twisting into a warm smile when he saw the thief. He was dressed nicely.

Adam was always changing in Collette's eyes, but he figured he just hadn't seen all of the thief yet. "--Uhm... You look very nice, thief." He couldn't stop himself from complimenting Adam, and at that point it was too late. He chuckled, one compliment after the next.

Castle
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Royalburden on Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:43 am

Adam nodded "Yes, the Dragon's eye. It's originally supposed to be used for magic but no one knew that when it was found and cut into a broach."

Kon offered the broach to Collette to get a closer look at. Adam beamed at the compliment, his cheeks glowing warm, as usual compliments from Collette gave him a boost of self esteem. He straightened his vest and turned to the side to show his black pants and boots. "I um...I always save my better clothes for when I'm at home and done traveling, keeps my best things nice."

"I always thought he was a nutter spending his earnings on clothing and blades." Kon murmured.

Royalburden
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Castle on Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:29 am

Collette had taken the Dragon's Eye from Kon to examine, he never seen anything so precise. He gave it back quickly to avoid doing something stupid like dropping it. Collette smiled again at the scarred man, more out of politeness this time.

"When will you be selling it?" He asked walking back over to the bed from the night before to lace up his own boots. Collette thought he'd be surprised about the items Adam stole, but he found himself more impressed over anything else. Of course there was that part of him that felt wrong about taking other's things, but he was sure the stone had come to "belong" to many people and the Lady who last owned it made no difference.

"At least he has good taste," Collette replied with a smirk to Kon after his comment.

Castle
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Royalburden on Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:22 pm

"I will not be selling it, not myself. The Dutchess would have realized that it's missing by now and they know it was me, because you ratted me out that night. I'm giving it to the keeper of the hideout, our fence, and he's going to give me its value in coin, minus his share of course, and when the Dragon's Eye is forgotten history he will sell it and keep the coin for the next trade that comes along."

"These thieves are very particular about how things are handled. It's quite surprising when you first come to hear about it. I however am a mercenary, most the time I can just work in the daylight. I get paid for watching this place, making sure no one gets in who doesn't belong." Kon explained, he handed Adam the broach. Adam tucked it in his pouch and belted it shut. "Had you come in on your own, Musician, I would have frightened you a way, maybe roughed you up a bit, but all in the name of security as it is my job."

Adam chuckled, "Hey, don't bore him to death, Kon. C'mon lets all go out and show Collette what this city is really great for, hm?"

Royalburden
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Castle on Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:03 am

Collette thought about how that would work out, hiding the Drangon's Eye with someone else, while they were still pursued. "Won't we be sought out, anyway?" He asked. "Despite the whereabouts of the gem, they'll still think you have it, won't they? ..What if they kill you?" Collette had trouble believing they could find a thief as skilled as Adam, but the idea of him dying at this point was rather devastating to think about, even Collette if would admit it.

Kon spoke for a few moments and then Adam suggested showing Collette around. He grinned at the idea, excited to meet other musicians and bards and maybe show himself off a bit as well. He guessed this is what he always had wanted to do, go to a great big city where things like that were more appreciated than just some measly ball with little pay. Collette grabbed his peacoat which had been placed beside his bed and viola along with its leather casing to keep it on his back. He followed Adam eagerly.

Castle
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Royalburden on Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:24 am

"Yep." Adam said just as the three left his home. He locked the door and set the small trap meant to keep other thieves out. "That's why we're going to hang out here for a little while. Since this is the City of Thieves. Not many officials dare dig too deep here, we're a prominent force and no one wants to see riots and discord in the streets least of all the Lord who owns the city."

The three then made their way down the halls passing a drunk and passed out man on the floor and a door that was promptly slammed shut just as they passed. They reached a door upon which was a carved sign that read "Keeper Benjamin Orieville's Office". Adam lead them in. Inside seemed to be a refined looking office. Carpet was laid across the floor to the shade of a dark green against wooden floor boards of a dark hue. It was a nice contrast to the red warmth that seemed to emanate from the decor of expensive wood furnishings. On the left side was a fireplace that lit behind a small sitting room set with matching armchairs and a glass coffee table. It was here that two men sat, one human the other a big cat. The human was small and round and wore an expensive set of clothing. Something likely to be seen on the Duke's Advisor. A clean white shirt neat with brass buttons on the sleeve cuffs and a black silk tunic with bronze colored designs etched along the edges, furnished with a belt of black leather where his money pouch and a small dagger was held.

The big cat, a white tiger with a piercing gaze sat in the chair that slightly faced them. He had been gnawing at a chicken leg that looked like it might have been vastly undercooked. He dropped the bone onto his plate, some meat still clinging to it and wiped his mouth with a handkerchief then stood up a large paw going for his sword. He was bigger than Kon and had less fat around the belly area, a threatening growl came from his chest. "Ben will not be seeing any guests, leave now or I'll gut you throat to belly."

"He'll want to see what I have for him." Adam said cooly, he pulled out the stolen broach and held it so the tiger could see. The tiger had grown a tuft of fur on his chin similar to a beard, it was bound in ties that dangled and gave him a far eastern sort of look. Ben stood up, he was even shorter than Collette which said something towards his height against the Big Cats, he was a small guy, but he walked with an authority that made him seem taller than all of them. He had green eyes and a full beard and a head of black hair.

"Stand down, Kendal, Adam sent me a letter about this a while ago. I didn't think he'd find the thing. Let me see it."

Royalburden
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Castle on Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:26 pm

It made more sense once everything was explained, though Collette wasn't sure if he should feel safe out of the way of the officials or not. The halls were there seemed to be some new surprise around every corner. A drunkard, or another odd cat creature.

When arriving, Collette was surprised to see such a small man. He looked of high stature, the way he held himself while sitting, the clothes he wore, and not to mention his office. The cat that sat beside he man began to protest to their arrival, but the man, presumably named Benjamin at stopped the tiger from going any further.

As the man stood Collette couldn't help but smile, stifling any sign of amusement, besides of course for his smile. He held his breath for a moment and soon he was able to stop smiling. Collette stood back behind Kon and Adam, keeping out of the way while Adam showed off his finds. He scanned the room curiously from where he stood, looking for anything interesting, but ultimately his gaze was attracted by the beautiful stone that Adam held.

Castle
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Royalburden on Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:05 pm

Adam handed Orieville the broach. The small man glanced at Collette, his glare peircing. It was clear just from the expression of sure distaste that it didn't take much to offend him. He had the stereotypical temper of a little person. Ben looked him over once and turned away to examine the gem. He gestured for Adam to follow him to his desk.

"Come on, Come on, let's talk business." He sat himself in a comfortable looking desk chair cushioned with velvet and crafted with polished wood. Adam sat down in the chair on the opposite side of his desk. The little man opened a drawer and pulled out a spyglass meant for examining precious stones and intricate works, a sort of magnifying glass. "This gem alone is worth at least Nine hundred gold alone; the magical properties in this thing are overwhelming in its most basic unpolished uncut form. A good many magicians would give their limbs for a find like this. Coupled with the intricate bronze work here, you're looking at at least 1000 coins."

"Let's make it, 1800, old friend. Come on old friend, you know you can find someone out there willing to pay more than just 1000 for a Dragon's Eye." Adam said, folding his hands in his lap.

"You sly dog, 1400, I'm not letting you cheat me out of my money here, I'm trying to run a business." The little man's eyes gleamed.

"1700"

"1500 and that's final. That gives you a good 1250 once my cut is subtracted."

Adam thought for a moment. "Done."

Kon chuckled and leaned close to Collette. "Everyone knows Ben ends up selling for a higher price but Adam's turned bartering coin from him into a science. He always manages to get a bigger cut. I think It's cause Ben fancies the way he does business. He gets off this sort of stuff."

Royalburden
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Castle on Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:27 pm

The startling glance was enough to keep Collette from looking again at the small man. He simply watched them negotiate. It was interesting to see how persuasive and patient Adam was, when out of all the traits the thief displayed, Collette would have never really thought about Adam having any like that. He nodded as Kon explained a little more, he continued to watch how Adam acted in a business situation.

When it was all over, Collette would glance once more at the angry man, then to Adam with a polite smile. "Do you negotiate like that often, thief?" He asked quietly.

Castle
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Royalburden on Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:50 pm

Ben didn't seem to notice Collette at all at that point, he gestured to Kendal to fetch Adam's payment

"Yes. Thieves must do things like this to get paid after all." Adam winked at Collette and stood just as Kendal arrived with a medium sized sack full of coins. "Sometimes it takes a while for us to find a job so when we get something we get something good with a lot of pay so it'll tide us over till the next job."

Adam took his pay and moved to leave the office, pausing only for a moment. "Send me a letter if you hear anything good, Ben."

Ben waved him off dismissively, more interested in the intricacies of the bronze work on the broach. The three left the office. They made a quick stop back at Adam's home so he could store most of the coins leaving just enough pocket change for the day in his pouch. The three then made their way back up through the bar and out onto the streets.

It was a beautiful day, warmer than it had been in over a month. Everyone took advantage of it by being outdoors. Adam led the two back towards the main street where the shops and street carts where it seemed as if no one had just woken up for the day. It was immensely crowded and every few feet someone was offering to sell some sort of bargain, attempting to stop them just for a moment to see the great prices they have to offer.

"Necklaces of genuine pearl from the Bay of Biles, give one to your lover!"
"Fresh Fish from the Sea of Gargale! A rich flavor, top it off with a few light spices and some honey-glaze!"
"Sweet Jars of Honey for your Buns!"

The salesmen seemed to smell a foreigner for miles as well, Adam kept close to Collette so as not to loose him in the rush but people still sought him out with wares dangling off their person offering him things to take back home to his 'wife' or to take care of that rash he'd never said he had. Eventually it was Kon gave them a deep growl and told them to give space in a quite persuasive tone.

What was really intriguing were the performers. Dotted along the sides of the street where people doing all sorts of things; low level magic tricks which where pleasing to the eye, puppet shows and mimes, dancers with all sorts of flashy ware waving about long trails of cloth and wearing exotic makeup, and musicians of all sort of talent playing all sorts of instruments. There was even several people on stilts further in marching along through the crowd. It was a wonder that they didn't hit anyone and managed to maneuver with ease. The whole place looked as if a circus had mated with a street market and had the most magnificent baby.

"I know you want more than ever to see the Bard's Village but how about some breakfast eh? Pick a food stand."

Royalburden
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Castle on Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:00 am

Collette took comfort in the wink Adam gave him, it was oddly reassuring even when reassurance really wasn't necessary. They left, waiting for Adam as he put away his earnings. Collette was even more excited than he'd been before, getting a look at the other street performers was what had taken up the majority of his thoughts. Accessing the street was difficult but there was an obvious flow once it was recognized.

Because he was so drawn to the sight of all the different performers and musicians, whenever someone would throw something in his face asking him to buy it he'd be thrown off and nearly stumble, immediately looking to one of the familiar faces beside him.

He wondered when they'd arrive at the Bard's Village as Adam mentioned it. "Oh, food? Uhm.." Collette had forgotten all about eating. He removed his small coin pouch from where it had stayed, beneath his belt force up against his hip underneath his clothing.

Castle
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Royalburden on Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:51 pm

"What would you like?" Adam asked leisurely, looking over the heads of the crowd as he, Collette and Kon rode the tides of the marketplace. "They have all sorts. Fruits, sweets, street treats and pastries. There's a particular chef I know that I plan on buying from as soon as I find 'im. He cooks food from his native country, very spicy with lots of meat. It's fantastic."

Kon merely licked his maw in agreement. "Allen is a cat, so much of the things he makes are made specifically with the carnivorous in mind."

Royalburden
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Castle on Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:58 am

Collette looked around, unable to decided, still clutching the coin pouch tightly at his side, to avoid any issues. He looked at Adam and Kon, unwilling to take too much of his time to decide, quickly saying, "I'll have whatever you have," along with a soft at-ease smile as they continued to venture through the tough current of people.

From what Collette had heard, Adam knew very many people, but he supposed that was what all thief's had in common. Thinking about the chef and the meal they were about to have, Collette had never been much for spicy food, he figured he could try it anyway, maybe change his mind. "D'you think I'd like it?" He asked casually, still glancing around at any performers, his ear attract by the sound of a lyre and a lute down off aways.

Castle
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Royalburden on Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:07 pm

"Well...that all depends do you like spicy things?" Adam asked, right about then it occurred to him he didn't really know a lot about what Collette's preferences where in regards to food and other things.

Kon cleared his throat. "I don't know, Allen sometimes has odd things in his menu, you humans have a very particular taste when it comes to where your meat is coming from and how it looks."

"Ah...yeah...He does have some weird stuff...the dried lizard on a stick looks a bit dodgy, some rodent kabobs....but the lamb strips are fantastic, he uses this rub that really captures the flavor quite nicely. I'm only going to grab a few we can also stop at another stand if it's not your thing." Adam explained "We can grab a small meat pie, or a pastry. I know there's a stand selling hot soup as well. Ah! There he is...Oi! Allen!"

Adam waved towards what looked like a particularly fat gray house cat. With a short tuft of white fur on his chin much like a small ashen beard. He wore a peasant's clothing, a rough brown tunic with a dirty white apron draped over his round belly. Atop his head he wore a floppy faded cap that fit right between his pointed ears. The cat seemed to be speaking in a foreign language at a group of cat children, shooing them away from his stand, brandishing a greased pair of tongs in his small white paw. His attention was taken by Adam when he heard his name called and his ears pricked up with recognition.

"Adam! My boy, come 'ere!" He waddled across and embraced Adam in an enthusiastic hug. "It's good to see you, boy! I see you've got yourself a new friend. Who is this?"

Allen offered a handshake to Collette. "That's, Collette, Collette this is Allen an old friend and a fantastic cook."

Royalburden
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Castle on Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:58 am

Collette chuckled at the of dried lizard and the other odd things Adam brought up. He figured maybe he'd just buy himself a pastry, something not too out of the ordinary...

Adam called for the large cat behind another stand, he was grey and friendly, not quite as large as the other cats he had seen, but right up there with them. Collette shook the feline's paw with a timid smile. "Hello," he said along with it. The cat's paw was slightly greasy and after the handshake, Collette wiped his hand casually on his hip, trying to avoid being rude.

Castle
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Royalburden on Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:25 am

"Nice to meet you! Let me guess, Lamb strips for you and your kind young man friend, and fried giblets for Ole' Kon, eh? Tell you what! First meal is always free at Allen's you can tell that to your city friends...Ah...you are city folk, aren't you?" Allen was an odd cat, when he spoke his whole body seemed to move with his speech, giving him a constantly jolly appearance despite the dirt and grease that spotted his coat and apron. As he spoke he turned and waddled back behind the stand which held several coal fueled friers and a grill. Behind him an adolescent took the job of cutting up the meat as it was ordered. He looked to be related to Allen in some way perhaps his son as his coat was nearly identical but he had narrow green eyes and a quiet demeanor to him as he worked, taking down a slab of meat from a rack and chopping it to strips. Allen went to work with the giblets, taking a bucket of vile looking bits of chopped up freshly cleaned avian viscera and coating them in breading before plopping them in the fryer. It didn't take more than a glance to know that knowing what the bits where wasn't a brilliant idea.

"I'll eat your lamb if you don't like it." Adam muttered to Collette, "You should try a bite though just for his sake."

"Where've you been, ah? Off stealing hearts or gems?" Allen asked as he busied about, wiping his hands with a towel before getting to work on the lamb strips. He dusted them with a red-orange rub and skewered each strip longways with a skewer before putting them on the grill. He made about six of them, three for each.

"Gems, you know just as well I'm no good with hearts." Adam chuckled

"Yet, you'll find a lovely lass soon enough. I can feel it in me whiskers." Allen grinned "Wha'dyou think, eh? You think ole' Adam here has a chance?"

He looked to Collette with this question and prodded the lamb chunks with his tongs.

Royalburden
Member for 6 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!