Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Advice ...

a topic in Main Lobby, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

The general community forum — the Main Lobby is where announcements can be made, games can be played, and stories you can trade!

Advice ...

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grimbold Theoman on Sat Jul 14, 2007 4:16 pm

Hello kids,

Well I can't offer you much in the way of advice except what follows. I am getting older, next week sees my forty second year, and I wish to pass on a couple of pearls of what pass for wisdom. Don't make the mistakes I have, love yourselves, love others, tell them, grab the opportunities that life puts in front of you. Most of all don't let fear get in your way, don't fight shy of things and people for lack of courage, be strong and most of all don't get fucking old. There is nothing good about being old at all. I fucking hate it.

Grim

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Grimbold Theoman
GWC Veteran
Member for 18 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Re: Advice ...

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LordSaladin on Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:50 pm

Hey, thanks Grim.

Advice is always appreciated. And I know you are wise enough to give us all some.

And, you know, you aren't old, my friend. People are officially old once they reach 60. So, you have a while to go yet. :P

This is a thread entitled 'Advice' so perhaps I should give some?

Life is gunna be a bitch, you're gonna feel pain, you will be destroyed emotionally, maybe even mentally on numerous occasions. Nothing can be done about any of that. However, I can GUARANTEE that, for every moment of pain, every tear, every moment of regret, you will become stronger. As we walk along the path of life, some hurdles will just be too big to jump, or even climb over. But, as we manage to stumble, fall, and break our way through the hurdles, as we must do to continue living; you become stronger, and with each experience, you will find that other hurdles will be easier because of past experience.

And, your experience will allow you to help others climb over the hurdles, give them the skills needed.

I KNnoW this, it isn't a theory. Without going emo and blah, I have seen some real shit in my life, and swam through it as well((Metaphorical shit, of course)). Perhaps enough to give some of you nightmares, I know it gives me nightmares. However, perhaps surprisingly, I am grateful for it all. Because, without those experiences, the heartache, the pain, I would not be the person I am today. Strong, understanding, considerate, caring. Many things I am, that perhaps I wouldn't otherwise be, are all thanks to my experiences.

So, embrace life, and don't ever give up, even if you feel you are old. Share what you have learned, help others, live on, and grow.

And, a little belated, but Happy Birthday Grim.

Peace.

Lord Saladin
Please tell me now what life is, Please tell me now what love is... Again, tell me what life is.

Tiko says: Saladin: Damn it, leave my hole alone.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

LordSaladin
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 18 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Contributor Greeter World Builder Arc Warden Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver Person of Interest Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby hinata on Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:21 am

you dont have to be cruel...
if anything some people dont experience much pain,
but when you have to put up with Saladin,

thats when you know your in trouble just thought i'd enlighten everyone,

lol, thats my advice, stay away from Saladin's lecture's

Hinata. xoxoxoxox
its not what you see, its what you make of the things your seeing,
its not what you feel its what you make of the things your feeling,
its not what you hear, its what you make of the thing your hearing,
its not about the world, its about what you make of the world you live in.....

hinata
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LordSaladin on Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:39 am

Trouble when you have to "put up with Saladin"?

Do I even know you?

You should not make assumptions on things when you do not even know the person to whom you are referring.

Let me make a suggestion to you... Hush yourself until you know what you are talking about.

LordSaladin
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 18 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Contributor Greeter World Builder Arc Warden Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver Person of Interest Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grimbold Theoman on Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:53 am

Oh Gods preserve us!

Grimbold Theoman
GWC Veteran
Member for 18 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LordSaladin on Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:55 am

What is wrong, my old friend?

LordSaladin
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grimbold Theoman on Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:43 am

Just the usual I suspect and I thought a call to the gods would be worth trying. It won't be but ... well I tried anyway.

Grimbold Theoman
GWC Veteran
Member for 18 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!