Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

After Election, Beginning of Construction, and attack

a topic in Gundam Wing: Continuing Legend, a part of the RPG forum.

Original GWing Storyline, now AC 202.

After Election, Beginning of Construction, and attack

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MeiaGisborn on Fri Sep 16, 2005 1:45 pm

She silently watched the commotion outside from her office on the second floor. The crowd seemed too much to control for her small team of guards but they were well trained and seem to be handling the shouts and struggles well. Sighing she stared away and looked at the television that was now presenting another report on the elections.

"Binta Bah has now been proclaimed leader of the African Nation. It said that she has lived a secret life unbeknownst to that of her well-to do family. In fact no one has heard from her until her name has appeared in the elections ballot. Binta Bah, known for her violent nature from her infant year’s was sent to school in the military academy located in Lake Victoria by her family when she was only 15 years old. Her family hoped that the military will discipline their daughter in the way that they saw fit but it seemed she has been brought up for the worst. She is now…"

She turned away from the television at a knock on the door. She took a quick glance outside to make sure that the guards still had everything under control and no one has escaped to bother her where she was. She hesitated but then shook her head; she took the position knowing full well what was to come and so had to face her people sooner or later.

"En…Enter.."

She sighed in relief to see Cecilia. She ran up to her and did something quite uncommon for her and hugged her young apprentice.

"Ohhh!! I’m so glad you are okay. I was so worried. How did it go? Did anyone question you? What kind of information did you have to fill out? What happened?"

Cecilia laughed, waving aside her boss’s questions.

"Don’t worry about it. You wouldn’t have sent me, if you did not think I could handle it. Anyway it was just basic, where do you live and you know things like that, but I was vague as possible."

Binta smiled and hugged Cecilia once more then turned back to the tv.

"They seem to know my history well, don’t you think?"

The reporter was now focusing on Binta's plans to reconstruct the area by Lake Victoria to serve as a military base and a meeting place for officers of the African Nation, but that was not quite what the reporter was reporting, the facts were extremly distorted.

Cecilia laughed and said

"They don’t know shit. I believe in you, you know. You are going to be a great leader. Forget that shit that people are saying about you being too young and bringing up all those lies from your family. Its all bullshit and we both know it. Anyway I passed by Lake Victoria before coming here. Your plans for the place are going well. I give them a month max for them to finish. In the meantime, what’s next?"

Binta smiled and turned back to the window.

"I guess I can give the people what they want now. Set up arrangements for a brief speech that I will make by the veranda. Tell the guards to back up from the people once I appear, but to keep their weapons at ready."

Cecilia nods and disappears out the door, not saying a word. Binta glanced out the window again and then headed out the door towards the stairs that led to the veranda. It was time to face her people.
Last edited by MeiaGisborn on Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

~Don''t get too excited, because then you wouldn't be so dissappointed and let down when it turns out to not be the way you want

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

MeiaGisborn
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MeiaGisborn on Sat Sep 17, 2005 9:44 am

To her surprise the crowd went extremely silent when she appeared at the veranda; in fact she even thought she heard a cheer from a couple of people. That shocked her into silence for awhile and she stood there just looking over the crowd. She spotted a few reporters setting up and she actually waited for them to do so. She wanted the news teams to get this. She wanted the world to get this. She nodded at the guard who set up the mic in front of her and waited for them to give her the signal to go. She was thankful; she didn’t want to shout over this crowd, even now that they were so quiet. The reporters were now alert and the crowd shifted a bit to make room for one stubborn reporter to get to the front.

She recognized the face immediately; Kim Zainab. Binta wondered how the damn reporter seems to make her way around on earth to find trouble. Binta wanted to sneer at her but she remembered what she was now and what she had to do. She lifted the mic to begin but was interrupted by a guard giving her a note. It was short and brief and her eyes glanced over it quickly. This will be a motivation for her people and she will use it. She wasn’t going to be like the rest of the leaders, she was not going to beat around the bush with her people, they knew that already.

"MY PEOPLE! We can no longer sit and watch as the colonies rage war against our earth. We have become too much of a peaceful and conserved nation and our enemies has started to use that against us. We cannot sit and let the Europeans, the North American’s, the Asian’s and the rest fight our battles for us. We are part of this earth just as much as they are. As I speak, another attack on the earth is commencing in the North American nation. I’m sure we have heard of the few attacks that were made earlier on these weeks, including the one on Earth’s leader. What does our proud race have to say and DO about this? Well you don’t have to think about that, because I will NOT sit here and let this earth fall into pieces. As your leader, I shall fight back with a fury that the world has never seen the African Nation use. We are no longer going to stand aside and act as if we are not an intelligent and useful race, we are going to invest in a military, and…some of those things called mobile suits."

She paused to let the crowd mumble with each other, then she raised her hand.

"We all know that the other nations have used our land and various other locations to build those things and well we are going to use them for our own good. We are no longer to give them away but we are going to train the pilots for them and we are going to use them to defend our nation and earth. We will welcome all faithful and loyal people that want to help in this cause in our army. That…that is all."

She stepped back to catch her breath and then forward to answer the swarm of questions that were now been thrown at her.
Last edited by MeiaGisborn on Sat Sep 24, 2005 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

MeiaGisborn
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MeiaGisborn on Sat Sep 17, 2005 5:25 pm

Binta nodded at the reporter Kim Zainab to ask her question. How did she know that she would be the first to ask her something.

"You say that there has been a report on another attack by the colonies?"

Binta waited for a few seconds to see if that was all Kim had to ask. She wondered what the reporter was trying to do or say for that matter.

"Err…yes I believe that’s what I just informed everyone about."

Kim nods and continues.

"My sources tell me that the last few attacks were provoked by the earth’s government and possibly by our earth leader’s last speech. I’m sure you’ve seen the earth leader’s press conference and the attack on the news?"

Binta gritted her teeth and sucked in her cheeks and glared at Kim. Kim glares back and continues.

"What justification do you have to attack the colonies, African leader?"

Binta sucked in some air and tried to regain her standing.

"I believe I already stated them. I don’t need my nation to be attacked personally for me to do something about the colonies attacks. The fact is they are waging war against us, when none of our military has attacked ANY of the colonies in any form. That’s more than enough justification for us to retaliate. Now if you will excuse me, I have to cut this short. As I have stated already, one of the North American bases is under attack and as the new African Nation leader I will start by first proclaiming that I would like to ally with the North American leader in aiding with the colonies nuisances. Thank you, and you all have a good day."

Binta stepped back from the veranda and ignored the reporters and people screaming at her with questions and statements. The guards stepped forward once more and started directing the crowd to clear out of the area.

Binta once in her office again, gave a sigh of relief and turned around to face the curious Cecilia. Binta laughed and shook her head.

"Ease your worries and get me a flight to the Lake Victoria area and the North American leader on the line if you can. If not, I shall try again when I get to Lake Victoria. Pack up a few things; we are going to be long. I need to see that the place be finished as soon as possible. We don’t have as much time as we thought. We have to do something before they do."

Once again, Cecilia nodded with no reply and disappeared out the door to do Binta’s bidding.

MeiaGisborn
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Warr on Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:34 pm

The young warlord and politician known as Warren began piloting his mobile suit back towards his base, but did so in a relaxed manner. He was tired enough from the battle, and was supposed to be relaxing anyways, seeing how he was on his precious vacation time/celebration time. His smile was a soft one, though still there as he piloted his leo back towards his base, almost in a happy daze. He had gained at least one new ally from this, even if he had suffered damages. He had also gained some knowledge he might need or find useful in a later happenstance. It was as if for the moment, he was at peace with himself. A peace that was soon interrupted, by the ringing of a incoming message. He blinked and let out a sigh, turning back into full military form of sitting.

As he flipped a switch, a little buzz happened inside the cockpit. The next thing he knew, the second largest monitor screen in the cockpit, and largest monitor screen in the control panel area was filled with the image of a young lady. A young lady that his jaw almost dropped upon seeing. With wide eyes, his midnight blue eyes looked her over, but with the slightest movement, trying to be polite to her. He thought to himself, "I wonder whom she is...". He took in all of her features, not even moving his eyes as he did. A nice reddish-brown tint of skin, a pretty tan color you just wanted to stare at. Even more interesting, long flowing brown hair, with nice little beads of different colors braided into it. A pair of nice eyes, the beautiful tint of haze brown. A necklace was on her as well, making him think he was thinking to some sort of Egyptian goddess or something... He was not sure, but he might have been blushing as he looked at her. But luckily for him; skin was luckily not to pale, the tan tint of about a light, light skinned Hispanic; the Texan sun giving him a nice tan.

"Um... I'm Warren K Mc Cue... what do you need mam'? Might I ask your name?"

I edited this to correct a spelling error.

Warr
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MeiaGisborn on Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:14 am

The few that were coming were settled into the flight. Cecilia was sitting on her right and a guard on her left. She didn't like sitting in the middle but these were the two that she loved the most and she followed their every advice. She was buckling her seat belt when she heard a loud ping and flash infront of her.

She jerked up and turned to Cecilia. She nodded at the telecommunications screen infront of Binta.

Binta turned to the screen and stared back at the man who was somehow scrutinizing her. Binta shifted under his gaze and was about to say something when he spoke.

""Um... I'm Warren K Mc Cue... what do you need mam'? Might I ask your name?""

Binta turned to Cecilia but Cecilia merely shrugged and Binta contented herself with the fact that most of the americans and europeans were ignorant of anything or anyone in Africa.

"Yes...hello Mr. Mc Cue, leader of North American Nation. I am Binta Bah, the new leader of the African Nation. Sorry to disturb you at this time of trouble, I hear that you have been attacked and I wonder if you are in need of any aide from us?"

Binta nudged Cecilia who was sitting by the isle.

"Tell the pilot not to depart yet, before I lose this transmission."

She turns back to Mr. Mc Cue and waits for his response.

MeiaGisborn
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Warr on Tue Sep 20, 2005 4:14 pm

The young man's eyes lowered for a moment, in a bit of shamed embarassment. He should have known whom this woman was... but then again. He had been in battle when she had made her first appearance. His brushed his bangs away from his eyes, so that she could see his face clearly, and remember the earnest look he way giving her. He was normally up on everything to do with the world and the other nations, but this had slipped from him. He was however, filled with happiness at what she had said. He had to show her thus. He flashed her a brillant smile, and tried to match her eyes the best he could, via a video transmission.

"Yes, we were attacked. I am not sure how long you have been calling... but I was in the battle myself. I'm not sure about the trustworthy-ness or capabilities of our sphere's current leader. There by, any help from leaders as compitant and intellegent as you seem to be would be most apprechiated. But, I have a thing. I must make an agreement with a person face-to-face, eye-to-eye, hand-to-hand. So, I suggest that we meet somewhere. In a nuetral place if you'd like..."

He smiled wider as he paused, and again thanked his tint of skin for hiding the blush in his cheeks as he continued.

"Perhaps... have dinner together and discuss it there? I know a rather nice resteruant in Tokyo..."

Warr
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MeiaGisborn on Tue Sep 20, 2005 6:06 pm

Cecilia came in at the last part where Mr. Mc Cue said:

"Perhaps... have dinner together and discuss it there? I know a rather nice resteruant in Tokyo..."

Cecilia seemed to find it hard to find her sit and get settled in it again. Binta's guard on the left was fully alert and was watching the other leader with quite suspicious eyes. Binta cleared her throat.

"I'm sorry, Mr. Mc Cue, I believe we are in a time of war and I can't be found sitting somewhere having dinner, even if it is to settle some diplomatic issues. Plus..."

She turns to Cecilia who was now smiling at Binta and tapping her fingers on her side of the seat.

"I...do not leave my nation very often. Cecilia my assistant on my right side..."

Cecilia moves her head so the other leader could see her face, she had the most amusing smile on her face for reasons beyond Binta.

"She usually sits down for any meetings that I have outside of my nation and I even sometimes don't leave my post in my nation, except if it is really necessary. I am heading down to the Lake Victoria at this moment, where I am working on some plans that I will discuss with you, I think when I get there. Perhaps I can call you then or if you would still like the "face to face" action Cecilia will come in my place."

The guard now turned to Binta and she leans close to him for him to whisper something. Her eyes widened and she smiled.

"I could also arrange a flight for you to meet us at the site Mr. Mc Cue once you are done taking care of the battle mishaps that has occured. I will be willing to lend you some of my medics if you so wish, they are the best in the world, I think. What do you think?"

MeiaGisborn
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Warr on Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:41 pm

He smiled, thinking to himself. The thought of how this proved even more so her intelligence rose in his mind. He brushed his hair out of his eyes once again. Unconsciously, of course. His hair was rather unruly, hard to control. He nodded, and closed his eyes to think for a moment. His arms disappeared from view as he began typing rapidly on them, and thinking of what he had already heard from his sources about her.

His eyes narrowed, and with the midnight blue gems of irises he had, his eyes focused straight into her eyes. His smile left him, and then came back momentarily before becoming a neutral expression. His head shook for a moment.

"You prove a point with your statement miss bah. I have heard of your credintals, and would definitely appreciate any help that could be given from you at the moment."

His facial expression changed to a grimace for a moment. His eyes seemed troubled, possibly thinking of many things all at once, and all of the same importance. His hair ruffled, oddly enough. As if the wind could be felt inside of his cockpit, which was closed, and there was not wind flow in it. It almost gave him a celestial feel, made him seem not of the normal human race, destined for better. Destined for something. A bit more mysterious than he had before possibly.

"But... it seems I have a much more buisness to attend to then before thought. I'm going to be holding a meeting soon enough... I ask that you come to it. If you require, I'd even have it in your nation. Thank you for your help, it is very much appreciated. I also know one in you're poistion probably does not trust anyone. Espessially foreigners, but that is okay... Hopefully, if this alliance blossoms properly, we'll be able to trust each other more. Thanks for calling too, espessially seeing how you chose to talk to me directly."

Warr
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MeiaGisborn on Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:00 pm

Binta nodded and turned to Cecilia, there was no need to tell her anything; she was already scribbling fiercely on a notepad. Binta smiles and once again thank the lord in her mind for her young apprentice.

"Thank YOU Mr. Mc Cue for accepting my call and the medics will be sent as soon as possible and I would very much like that the meeting take place at the Lake Victoria site. As we speak, I am having it rebuilt to serve as a meeting place and other things. You will understand soon enough. I am not in any hurry, I know you have alot to attend to because of the attack. When you have the time, you can contact me and I will make sure that any calls coming from you, come directly to me. Cecilia will also make sure that I get your messages if for any reason I decide to take the call or that I am too tied up."

She smiles and signals for Cecilia to tell the pilot to begin preparations for lift up.

"If that is all Mr. Mc Cue, then I would not like to delay this flight to the site any longer. Thank you."

MeiaGisborn
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Warr on Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:55 pm

The young warlord smiled a good deal wider at her, an earnest humble smile, but a nice smile none-the-less. He nodded his head politely, and closed his eyes once before opening them.

"Well it seems we both owe each other thanks. I'll remember what you said, and I want to wish you good luck in your endeavors. I'll support you the best I can. Well, I have to go too. Bye now, it was nice meeting you."

He flicked the switch that turned the communication channell off, and smiled to himself. He thought a few thoughts aswell. Like 'oh my...' and other things. Some which will not be discussed at the moment.

OOC: I might add to this later, but I'm not in the mood for a long post. I'll add content and description later if wanted. But I gotta go to bed, so here is my reply.

Warr
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SinfulSoul on Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:07 pm

(This began in the L04 Colony, but I'm bringing it here because it will soon become a concern for the African Nation.)

Aarkon was shoved into a small room in the slightly modified shuttle that had only one exit, the door. The soldiers heavily duct taped two leather bags to one side of the wall. In one bag contained ice with artificially engineered ripe red apples, bigger than any you would see on Earth. The second bag contained more ice and two canteens of water. The room was white and padded all the way around. The ventilation pipes had metal bars welded onto them to prevent anyone from entering. It was quickly noticeable that this shuttle was used before to transport insane people back to Earth or another Colony. The only major visible modification made on the shuttle was the addition of extra fuel tanks for added boosters on either side of the shuttle. Unlike the normal ones that detached on their own once the fuel had been depleted, these ones had been welded and bolted in to prevent them from detaching. The squad leader that had shackled Aarkon came back into the room and pulled off the hood from Aarkon's head.
"Jus' so ya know, this ain't nuttin' personal from the Colonies. If ya stay in this room ya might live. This here shuttle is special made from scrap Neo-Titanium. We here at the Colonies didn't want t' be looked down upon as barbarians, but we didn't want to give the impression that we were pushovers either by lettin' ya' just go. And now it seems that we've got a reason t' let Africa know we're watchin' 'em. They think they can build a massive base without us noticin'. Haha... Anyway, that there ((The soldier points to the two bags)) should be enough to keep ya alive for a couple days if for some reason the Africans don't accept you. But them shackles... I can't remove them. It seems I've lost my keys. Heh... Bon Voyage my friend. Careful of them rattlesnakes."
With that short speech over, he left the room and closed the heavy metal door behind him. Noises could be heard outside as it appeared two pilots were configuring the autopilot system. Through eavesdropping, it could be heard that the coordinates for the very center of the Lake Victoria base were being input, and the landing gear would be disengaged. The shuttle was going to go full throttle all the way down through Earth's atmosphere. Once the autopilot had been configured, another series of noises could be heard as welders began welding the door shut. A short while later, the sparks from the welding stopped, all the other personnel evacuated and all that was left in the ship was Aarkon locked inside his room. The shuttle was guided onto the launch platform, then the advanced autopilot took care of the rest. In seconds, the shuttle had burst out of the Colony bay and zipped straight to Earth at full throttle.

The trip to Earth's atmosphere was short at the speed the shuttle was going, and soon the first impact of the shuttle hitting the Earth's atmosphere could be felt. Outside the ship would appear to be a red fireball, but the ceramic plating held firm against the heat. One thing was for sure, the ship was coming towards the Lake Victoria base way too steep, and way too fast.
ImageImage

SinfulSoul
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aarkon on Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:49 am

Aarkon hadn’t even had time to think when the entire action had happened. One minute he was moving to pick up the god forsaken communicator, and then he was roughly removed from his room, cuffed, and blinded. The next thing after that, he’s on a run-away shuttle heading for the African Nation, and he was still cuffed, and all he had was water, apples, and a bad feeling. He pressed against the padded wall and gave a loud sigh. He had not had a very good week. The shuttle rocked slightly. Autopilot, great, now if an object entered their path it would just plow through it.

His eyes moved towards the shuttle vents as he heard a small rushing sound, which sounded like an open window of a vehicle going a hundred miles an hour. He had entered the Earth’s atmosphere, and he was going through it faster than he should. He pushed himself up and edged towards the wall with the bags tapped to them. His so called supplies resided in it. He could hear beeps from the cock-pit. Warning beeps, he had passed through the atmosphere, but his decent wasn’t slowing, and his speed wasn’t decreasing. Where ever he was going, he’d get their soon… And they’d know he arrived.

He moved to the front of his room and pressed himself into the corner of the padded place, bracing himself for a very rough landing. This reminded him of his old self… The man who died… The man named Azure Shadow…

[Flash Back]

“Okay, Squadron Alpha will consist of Crimson, Pink, Green, Gold, Silver, and Azure. Squadron Beta will consist of Violet, Raven, White, Brown, and myself. Alpha it’s your mission to infiltrate the establishment, take out the guards, and secure the location. Beta will then enter, fight off the inner guards, retrieve the target and escape, while taking cover from Alpha. This mission is do or die. And we also DO! E.T.A. is t-minus four-hundred seconds. Prepare yourselves.” Orange Shadow nodded to the group and moved to the front of the medium sized shuttle, shutting the door behind him. Azure looked around then nudged at Crimson’s side with his elbow, causing the larger man to gruff slightly and look at him.

“What?”

“So, what’s with you and Pink? Not talking anymore?”

“… Pink and I are both Shadow Landers, our relationship is clearly professional. If we are not communicating at this point, then that means we have already discussed our battle plans, and no longer need verbal confirmation.”

“… So, she dumped ya’?”

“I’ll snap your neck, Right here, right now!”

A cough from the other side of the shuttle caused the two to look. A female sat their, her brow raised, her head tilted, and a hand on her hip; her eye giving a piercing look,”I can hear everything you two say. Azure, you’re a jerk because it’s none of your business, and Crimson, you’re a jerk for saying that we have only a professional relationship… Oh wait, maybe we do now because you ruined our personal one!”She gave a hmph and stormed towards the farthest seat from the two. Azure stifled back a laugh and nudged Crimson once more, making him gruff once again.

“What did you do to cause her to be THAT mad?”

“… Neck. Snap. Gone. Seriously… And I did nothing; she’s the one who can not cope with her feelings.”

“I CAN STILL HEAR YOU!”

The two went silent again. The shuttle began to shake. An alarm filled the room as the bright lights were replaced by a rotating red one. Orange Shadow burst through the door,”The mission’s been compromised! We’re being shot at, if we’re hit at this speed we—“ a loud bang could be heard as a flame erupted from the room behind Orange, swallowing him and moving up the aisle of the shuttle, taking out Silver and Violet who had been standing. The flame died down, and the shuttle began to spin and was pummeled with a barrage of bullets. Azure looked around, seeing that the sudden impact had killed White. Gold had been injured and laid in his seat, holding his stomach which bleed more than a noraml wound should. Azure leapt from his seat, followed by Crimson. Both came to Gold, trying to stop the bleeding when a loud sound filled the shuttle once more. A creaking.

The two looked back to see the end of the shuttle be ripped off. Brown and Green were pulled from their seats, but caught themselves before they were sucked out. Azure and Crimson kept themselves in place by holding onto Gold’s seat. A scream made the two look behind to see Pink Shadow holding on for her life as the force of the wind tried to suck her from her seat. Azure looked at Crimson who gave him a fearful look. With that, Azure leapt from Gold’s seat and was almost sucked out, but caught himself on a bar from a broken seat. Pink lost her grip and flew for the opening but was caught by Azure. He smiled to her,
”So, what brings you to a place like this?”She gave him a deadly glare, but stopped once they both turned to a creaking sound as the bar began to bend.

Crimson wrapped a rope around his waist, tied it securely around a seat then leapt forward, flying out the back of the shuttle, followed by Pink and Azure. He grabbed both their hands as the ship began to plummet into the forest below. The three were caught by a tree as the rope snapped. They fell, hitting a few branches, Pink and Crimson caught themselves on one, but Azure kept falling and ended up on the ground below, unconscious. Crimson and Pink looked out to see the shuttle crash and explode…

[Now]

Aarkon awoke from his daydream as the shuttle began to rock even more roughly. Good thing it was made out of stronger metal than most…. But the landing would still be a bitch!
"How do you know if what you do is Just? Justice without conviction is nothing but acts of Evil!" Image

Aarkon
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MeiaGisborn on Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:37 am

She had arrived at the Lake Victoria base in the late evening, a few hours after she spoke to the leader of the North American Nation, and was up late, seeing to all the work that was been done. Once she was finally satisfied that the team has had a few successful, emergency suits available and a security system that works she had retired for the night around 4 in the morning.

She was awoken two hours later by loud knocking at her chambers. She groggily awoke and forced the door open to stare into the panic faces of Cecilia and a few security officers and technicians.

"What is it?"

The technicians exchanged looks of surprise that she hadn’t heard the commotion that was going on outside.

"I went to bed late and I’m tired, WHAT has happened?

An unidentified spaceship is heading straight for us. Colonies…we believe,"
said Cecilia slowly.

Binta tried to stay as composed as possible as she asked.

"How long till…"

One of the security officers interrupted her.

"We calculate 5 or so min…"

Oh she lost it then…

"WHY IN THE BLOODY HELL ARE YOU TALKING TO ME THEN? GET OUT OF MY FACE AND FIGURE OUT HOW TO GET RID OF THAT DAMNED THING BEFORE IT HITS US!

We err…err..

NOW DAMNIT!"

They scrambled away, except for Cecilia who stayed behind.

"I gather they’ve discovered us."

Binta gave Cecilia a “no duh” look as she was scrambling to put some clothes on. The young apprentice went on.

"I think you need to come and see this for yourself. By the looks of it, we CAN’T just shove this thing aside, especially at the speed its coming. The technicians have also identified the shuttle as having a very sturdy, protective body. I don’t think we can destroy it from afar. We can’t even depend on the fact that the break through the atmosphere would have worn it down."

Binta was now in her regular clothes and was following Cecilia down to the security room. Once in the security room she grabbed the head of security.

"Have you guys implemented the new security system we established last night?"

He nodded.

"As soon as we detected the shuttle we started the transportation of the more equipped suits to the Nigerian base ma’m. The rest of the military are distributed to their positions ma’m just in case this shuttle is backed up with some military force."

She nodded and stared at the screen which was watching the shuttle as it made its way towards them.

"The impact?" She asked…

"Right in the center of the main construction area but it will affect the other and we will feel it badly. Everyone has evacuated the area though. What else to do ma’m?"

Binta sighed.

"Let’s not concentrate all our energy on the shuttle, but try and do everything in your power to wear it down before it hits us. What we should really be ready for is an attack. Who knows what those bastards are up to. This might just be a distraction."

Everyone nodded in unison and Cecilia asked:

"What…what if someone is in it?"

Binta did not answer her immediately but watched the various screens where her army was preparing for battle. She was whispering in her head,
check..check…check…good..

She turned to Cecilia a few moments later.

"What do you mean? They die of course."

Cecilia looked down at her feet.

"But…what if it’s our own, I hear in the news that there might have been a captive after the battle in the North American Nation. Maybe that’s why they used such a shuttle. If they wanted a quick, crash, burn and attack scenario, they might not protect it as much. They are fucking with our heads!"

Binta stared at Cecilia wide-eyed. She could never get used to her apprentice cussing and Cecilia merely shrugged. Binta shook her head.

"I don’t know Cecilia, this is the best we can do at this moment. The most important thing right now is to keep our plans safe and finish this project of ours. Ok?"

Cecilia shrugged again and they both looked at the screen before they headed out of the building. 2:00 minutes.

MeiaGisborn
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aarkon on Fri Sep 23, 2005 11:56 am

Aarkon pushed his elbows into the wall behind him; feeling just how thick the padding was; enough to keep him alive... Or, at least they hoped. His knees were bent and his feet were also digging into the padded floor under him. He closed his eyes as the shuttle began to spiral now in it's final minutes of decent.

"This is just wrong... It took like three seconds to get here, and it's gonna' take three days to hit the damn ground!"

His right eyebrow furrowed his forehead as it twitched, a bead of sweat dripping down his forehead. He wasn't afraid to die. He was just afraid of dying without fighting. He had always been taught to fight and die, rather than fight to live. Life had no other purpose but to die.

Aarkon
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MeiaGisborn on Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:12 pm

Outside was surprisingly in order and Binta was full of pride and contentment about the order she has achieved. If she hadn’t stayed up all night, organizing everything, who knows if the, security system would have even picked up the shuttle that was coming towards them.

She jumped into the jeep that pulled up beside the building and Cecilia and the head of security followed suit. She took the communicator that was handed to her by the driver and stared at the main construction site, then she looked up at the sky and slowly lifted up the communicator to speak.

"Close the roof, put up the security walls, and head out people."

The jeep started to drive away from the building and many other cars and trucks were heard starting up after the jeep. Behind them gates shut with a BANG, the automatic doors that were always open to accept helicopters and aircrafts were slowly shutting to make a protective cover over the buildings. Metal windows and doors also slowly replaced the ones that were there.

At a distance, Binta watched as the shuttle approached.

"The damn thing doesn’t even seem to be lessening in speed. There is nothing we can do but wait for it land."

MeiaGisborn
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aarkon on Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:15 pm

Finally, it was here. The last moment of the destructive flight. Aarkon clenched his teeth as he heard a loud sound; the sound of metal into metal. The shuttle stopped it's spiral and jerked, flipping around, having hit the building it was aimed for. Aarkon flew from his braced position and floated aimlessly through the hollow interior of the shuttle. The tape gave way and apples went soaring; bouncing off the padded walls, and exploding once they hit each other. The two jugs of water bounced, a few dents from the apples being placed in the containers.

Aarkon had no idea what was happening on the outside, but he could hear the roar of fire; possibly an explosion of high magnitude. A few places of the shuttle bent inward, causing the pads to spike out in certain places. The shuttle was no longer moving. It was still.

Aarkon was pressed against and indented portion of the shuttle, his head hung low, his raven hair falling over his face. He was covered in tiny chunks of apples, and had one of the jugs of water in his hand. The only sign that he was still alive was the moving of his chest. It was hot, there was a fire outside and he could feel it begin to turn the shuttle into an oven, but how?

His eyes slowly lifted upwards; the door that had been wielded shut had a small portion missing; enough to let a tiny flame been seen, and allow it's heat to be determined. Aarkon stood and climbed up the slanted shuttle; it had landed nose first, and was sitting at an angle; nose down. He stopped at the door, looking at out the hole, trying to see past the flame in front of it. He then determined the size of it.

Aarkon took off his coat, then his shirt, wrapping it around his head, and tucking his hair into it. He replaced his coat and wrapped it around him. After that, Aarkon poured the jug of water over himself, then grabbed the second. He slowly put his legs through the hole, the long coat now soaked, sizzling from the flame. He gently slid through, a shard of metal slicing up his chest. He stopped and pushed himself down more, letting the shard remove itself from him and so he could get his head past it.

Aarkon pushed himself off the side of the shuttle shooting through the fire and landing on a small walkway. He looked around; the building was destroyed, an a few around it were damaged. Fire had erupted in many places. He moved around the flames the best he could, running through some; using the water he had to keep himself moist. Once he finally got to a safer place, he collapsed against a broken building.

Aarkon
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MeiaGisborn on Sat Sep 24, 2005 9:19 am

It was silent when the shuttle crashed. The only movement or sounds that could be heard was that of the vehicles moving back, so as to not be hit by debris.

Many binoculars went up towards the crashing site and the eyes scanned the flames and the damage that was done. Binta eyes stopped at a particular spot where she saw something move.

"Someone’s there…anyone is see that!?"

The binoculars followed the direction she was pointing.

"Yes ma’m", someone called back.

"Scan the atmosphere again to see if anything is following suit Jenkin."

The security leader obliged.

"Nothing…nothing, our satellite doesn’t pick up anything following suit at all."

Binta continued watching, as the figure made its way out of the flames and to another building and collapse.

"That’s one lucky bastard," someone whispers, close by. Everyone nodded in unison. Binta put her binoculars down and proceeded to shout some orders.

"Okay everybody, let’s clean this mess up. Jenkin I still want some people out here looking for any sign of trouble. Someone seize that man and bring him to me. GET TO WORK EVERYONE!"

Once again, there was a rush to oblige to her commands. Binta turned to Cecilia, who was still looking through her binoculars.

"I need some type of radio broadcast, television news station out here. Try and see if you can get me something."

Cecilia nodded, put her binoculars down and jumped out of the jeep to follow her leaders orders.

MeiaGisborn
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.