Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

Alaskan Wilderness

a topic in Gundam Wing: Continuing Legend, a part of the RPG forum.

Original GWing Storyline, now AC 202.

Alaskan Wilderness

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ralph S. Patton on Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:38 pm

The wind blew gently through the southern region of the state. It wound between the trees of the woods and out into the long, flat plains like a sigh from the icey sea from which it came. It lifted bits of snow from one place and moved it idley to the next, with no real purpose, save to move North. This silent wonder was unbeknownst to the crowd gathered within a mediocre wooden building. The people in this building knew of only three things at this time of night. Booze, Odds, and Fists.

The regulars -- and they were all regulars here. Who would seek this little shithole out if they weren't? -- of the Frozen Pick bar all knew one another as you might know a cousin. Nearly every night, they flocked in after whatever jobs they worked to drink, smoke, gamble, and fight.

Sitting towards the center of the bar, chatting with a couple friends, sat a young man who didn't look quite old enough -- and in fact, wasn't -- to be sitting where he sat, and drinking what he drank. Not that the barkeep cared. "If you're old enough to pay for it, you're old enough to drink it." That was his motto. The young man had a somewhat weathered look. Not wasted, by any means, but sort of worked over. He was slightly shorter than average for his age of 19, standing at 5'10, and built as a young working man who ate little and worked much was built; thin, but by no means scrawny. He laughed heartily at a comment the man to his left had told, transforming his face from 19 to 16 and back again.

He sweapt one hand across the mop of platinum hair that fell before his ice-blue eyes.
You're full a' shit, Miguel. He chortled to the man who had made the comment.

The man named Miguel flushed a bit, but pressed on.
I'm tellin' ya, Day! When that fucker came down, it wannit more'n 10 miles from here. The impact near rattled m'fuckin' teeth out of my head.

Day, as he was known to his friends, responded with the same laugh. Fine, he grinned at his friend, Put 50 bucks, and I'll hike all the way out to where you claim 'at hunk a' shit landed. Then I'll come back and laugh in your face about it.

To Day's suprise, Miguel agreed. Most people would have seen some odd points to this bet. For one, it could have been Miguel's way of sending him off on a wild goose chase. Miguel, however, knew perfectly well that Day often went for long walks through the forest, anyway, and laughed at him often enough for it, for he couldn't see any reason in Hell or Earth for freezing your ass off just for the sake of listening to rabbits and wolves and God knows what else fucking around.

For another, Day could easily lie even if he did find it, just for the 50 bucks, but Miguel also knew Day would love nothing more than to be able to stand in the weeks to come, one foot on his barstool and one atop the bar, proclaiming half-drunkenly about how he'd found the comet. Or suit. Or whatever the hell it was. And if that weren't enough, the two had worked on an old, decrepid oil rig since Day was 15, and Miguel 18. They were as close as the brothers neither had, and wouldn't do something so underhanded to the other.

So, 20 minutes later, Daedalus Lokindu, as he was more formally known, rose to his feet, a full bottle in one hand and the other digging in his pocket for the keys to his truck. Miguel had given him directions to whereabouts he'd seen it fall, which was really just a point on a tour brochure the bar sold, which indicated where he'd been on the road when he saw it come down. He'd claimed it to be due east of where he'd been, somewhere between 5 and 10 miles from the road, but wasn't positive. The latter extreme was a bit more than Daedalus usuaully ventured, but it wasn't unheard of for him, either.

He stepped out of the bar. He'd only had two beers, and had been drinking since 16. He had no worries about his driving, and had no worries of being pulled over -- cops never came out this way much. He placed the keys in the ignition, started the old, rusty truck up, and backed out into the road. The wind had been blowing, but nothing terrible. He didn't even bother to shift into four-wheel.

By tomorrow evening, he'd have an easy 50 and an even easier laugh.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ralph S. Patton
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:40 pm

As the craft neared the crash point, Zhelir backed off the throttle. The craft slowed to a halt, slowly descending just north of what the sensors were reading as a relatively large object. As it thudded gently into the trees, snapping two of them down to the snowy ground, Zhelir pulled a relatively heavy coat over his shoulders. He turned to see Rick bundled up even heavier than he was.

"Fuck you," He replied to Zhelir's chuckle, "It's gunna be colder'n a bitch out there."

Zhelir shook his head, but said nothing else. He pulled open the door of the craft with a slight grunt. Instantly, the shuttle was filled with a bone-chilling breeze, sending a shiver down Zhelir's back, despite the heavy coat. With a low groan, he leapt from the craft and hit the snow below at a half-run. He turned on his heel to kill the momentum, and nearly tripped as he caught site of that which he'd been missing for quite a few years, now.

There, nealry covered to the top by years of snowfall, was his beloved Leviathan.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ralph S. Patton on Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:39 pm

As Daedalus cruised down the road, a craft of unknown make and model soared by overhead, heading to the west. With a rush of contempt, Day realized it could well belong to Earth's forces. Few things managed to boil his blood, but ESUN stood near the top of that short list.

He spotted the particular part of the road Miguel had been previously describing at last, the marker on the brochure having done no real help, and pulled the truck into a particularly narrow ditch. He killed the engine and climbed out into the pleasantly cool air, knowing full well the air could turn from pleasantly cool to lethally frigid in mere minutes. As such, he pulled a rather heavy white parka from the passenger side of the cab, and pulled it about himself. His pants were both insulated and waterproof, being what he usually wore on the rig, as were his boots, and thusly required no change of clothes for them.

He next pulled his trusted Mark VII from under the drivers' side seat, and tucked it into the back of his pants. He loved the woods, but had no intention of underestimating the wolves that he knew to lurk in there. Finally, he closed the cab, and reached for a case in the back of the truck a little longer than his arm's length. With a metallic snap, he flipped open both lathes on the grayish-white case and pulled from it a weapon he trusted far more than the pea-shooter tucked into the back of his pants: an Arctic Warfare Magnum. This was what he went hunting with (and never bothered to explain to his friends why, many dear as he'd shot over the years, he never head a rack to put on display). This served two purposes. The more frivolous of the two was to comfort him into feeling he gave that which lurked in the woods a 'Don't fuck with me' sort of image. The other, and somewhat more serious, if not just as foolish, was more of a 'what if' than a reason. Just in case that shuttle did happen to be ESUN, and just in case it landed anywhere in sight. He pulled two spare clips for the rifle out of the case and tucked one into each pocket, before closing the lid and making his way into the woods.

The snow was light, both in density and in amount, and thus gave him little trouble in the way of parting through it. He plowed on at just under a jog, and wasn't anywhere near ready to turn around when his breath caught in his throat. He hadn't encountered anything on the level of a wolf so far, and now he faced something far worse: The shuttle had indeed set down, and what was worse, the man who emerged was looking up and down at exactly what Day had been sent out to find. Or, at least, he assumed it was; the damn thing was so covered in snow, he could only guess what it was by its magnitude.

Without really thinking, he dropped into the snow and brought the rifle up to his left eye. His right closed, he centered the sights on the man's head, before a small voice echoed through his head. "What the fuck are you doing?" It screamed at him, "You don't know this man's from ESUN. He could be some investor for one of the bigger rigs up north for all you know, stopping off to see the scenery."

Much though he both doubted and hated that voice, it was right. With a sigh, he shifted the sights no more than two centimeters to the front of the man's nose. If he sneezed or coughed, the guy wouldn't have much to worry about in the way of retrieving whatever lay buried in the snow.

He took a deep breath, the icy air filling his lungs, and as he slowly let it out, he pulled the trigger.

The shot embedded itself in the hull -- and he was sure it was a hull, by the metallic, hollow sound of the impact -- of whatever lie under that mound of snow. The man's reflexes were razor sharp; he turned and drew a very large pistol from under his coat, but before he could make the full turn, Day had laid a second round right into the gun. The impact blew it out from the man's hand and, judging by the man's roar of pain, sent metallic splinters all through his hand. He took another deep breath, preparing to make himself known. "Oh well," he thought, rising to his feet, "If I die, I don't have to give Miguel that fifty."

"Make another move and you're dead, you ESUN fuck!" He called out, the rifle's scope now cleanly leveled with the guy's head.

"Y'got it wrong," the man replied, "I ain't with ESUN."

"ESUN, Milliardo's bitches, whatever you call yourselves now. You piss off the colonies and the colonies come fuck with us, that's what it boils down to. Now get on your knees and hope I don't decide I need an ESUN skull mounted on my mantle."

Ralph S. Patton
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:18 pm

~On Board the Pegasus~
Kiyoshi took out his }{G Communicator and set it to make a link with Zhelir's.

Zhelir. It's Kiyoshi.

Kiyoshi tried to steady his voice, tried to give the news as best as he could.

Kaden...Kaden is dead. He died defeating Blace Lowe in the Australia. I've...I've recovered the body. I thought...you should know.

Kiyoshi sighed heavily, as he took his finger off the button to send the transmission.

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:39 pm

Zhelir resisted the urge to punch holes through whomever had just blown his Casull to pieces. He might be able to pull it off, but whoever was behind that rifle had enough skill to take out the gun without taking out his hand.

"Look, pal. I ain't with Earth period, I'm only here to pick up what's buried under the snow, here."

"And that is?" His attacker shot back.

"Why should I tell you?" Zhelir questioned, his eyes still lingering on the shattered pieces of his custom pistol. His thoughts were interrupted, however, by the sound of yet another bullet shot, this hitting the snow just infront of him.

"Fair enough," Zhelir replied, slowly holstering his remaining pistol, "It's a dropship I used in the war -- I'm with a force trying to bring peace to both sides. }{G, to be exact."

"Bullshit," the man replied, "}{G's the colonies' lap dogs."

At this, Zhelir's hand did twitch slightly toard the gun, but he held it in check. "I guess they don't keep ya updated on events 'round here, do they? }{G left the colonies. We hooked up with the Defenders and some other lot, haven't been up on everythin' goin' on lately, and we're now workin' 'gainst the war. }{G does it for the colonies, Defenders do it for Earth, and fucked if I know what the other group does."

Much to his shock -- he was sure it took a good 5 years off his life -- a hand landed on his shoulder. How the hell had he not heard this guy sneak up on him?

He turned, and even more to his suprise, it turned out to be a kid, not even old enough to drink, by the look of it. "Fuckin' shit, kid, you wanna die young?" Zhelir asked, noticing the kid had lowered his rifle.

"No, I wanna come with you. Work on the rigs' shitty, and I've been considerin' joinin' with them Defenders when I heard the vague news of 'em."

Zhelir stared in disbelief. The kid had blown his gun apart, probably put a dent in the hull of Leviathan, nearly blown off his hand and various other parts, and now had the nerve to ask to join him?

"Why the hell not?" Came the response, despite the workings of his brain. Zhelir often ignored his brain, finding his intuition to be far more serving -- certainly such a thing he'd proven to himself in battle.

"Good. Now let's get this dropship of yours unburied." The kid responded, slinging the rifle over his own shoulder. "Oh, and the name's Daedalus Lokindu."

"Fuckin' mouthful," Zhelir replied, "Mine's Zhelir Darkfall."

The kid's eyes widened slightly at the name, probably recognised as a former colony leader, and replied, "Just call me Day, for short."

Zhelir nodded, and pulled the }{G comm. out of the inside of the heavy jacket. Before he could make his request, however, Kiyoshi's voice crackled on. After a few aeon-long moments, he replied, putting all the effort he could muster into not crushing the comm in his hand. Losing Kadne was almost as bad as losing Derek all over again. "Bring Pegasus 'round, Kiyoshi. I need a pickup."

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:04 pm

The Pegasus flew high overhead. Kiyoshi had become the commanding officer on the vessel. Something he had tried to avoid for years. He hadn't moved from standing over Kaden's body. He didn't want to move it. He wanted everyone to see him. To see him the way he had died. Kaden had given his life in battle, in some effort to protect all of them from Blace Lowe. Kiyoshi wanted everyone to know that.

Kiyoshi had sent Eota up to the bridge to relay his orders. Eota's orders were to have Zhelir and whatever else was out there to be picked up. Eota didn't feel right to sit in the captain's chair. He wasn't even a true }{G member. So he sat in the char behind the weapons console. However, once he was sure everything was ready to pick up Zhelir and the others, Eota made his way back to the hangar. When he got there, he took his position behind and to Kiyoshi's right side and lowered his head. He was still not sure what to say, and Kiyoshi had bee silent, other than his transmission to Zhelir. Eota thought it was best for now to just remain quiet, as several teams began to help bring aboard some object.

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:12 pm

Zhelir extended a hand to the cables lowering from Pegasus' hanger. It took a couple swipes before he got it; his mind was swimming with rage and sorrow. The kid -- Day, he had said his name was -- had overheard the message, and made no mention of it, nor did he aske Zhelir what to do, he merely moved around to another one of the cables.

Zhelir latched the cable onto one of the access ports on Leviathan, before moving on to a second. Day had done the same, moving off a second and heading to a third. Zhelir finished hooking the second just after Day fnished his third, and they both climbed atop it.

Zhelir pulled his comm out once more. "Bring 'er up. And Rick, bring that shuttle back up." He kept his voice as business-like as he could. His mind was already going over plans to research a means of revenge.

EDIT: OOC: Forgot to mention in the initial post, but this is my last post for the night.
Last edited by Zhelir Darkfall on Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:17 pm

Kiyoshi turned his head to look at the object being hoisted up onto the Pegasus. He didn't recognize it, though he could guess what it was. Remembering that Zhelir had mentioned that he was once pilot of the }{G's Drop ship Leviathan, and so he guessed thats what it was.

Slowly, he turned his head back to Kaden's body.

What's the since of a drop ship now?

Kiyoshi murmured to himself. Eota looked over at him, but then returned to a lower gaze. He realized that Kiyoshi didn't want an answer. Again, silence fell over the hangar, other than the sound of those working to bring the drop ship on board.

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SSJHunterKiller on Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:41 am

A video communication link blinked, indicating the fact a recorded message had arrived.

"Greetings Kiyoshi. We have never met and you may not have even heard my name, but I am Val Thrall of the Caligo Umbra. Two of your men, Commander Han Richards and Ensign Base Rynolds were with Zach And myself when we set up an alliance between The Defenders and the Caligo Umbra, and at the time the Defenders were allied with the L3 Defense force, which made us allies as well. It was from my base, Antioch, on the east coast of North America Nation that Commander Richards and Ensign Rynolds left for Australia. From what I have hear last, Commander Richards is in the hospital with injuries. As sad and unfortunate as that is, that isn't my reason for trying to contact you. Seeing as you are the apparent leaded of the third part of the alliance, I believe that it is vital that we meet. Now you may disagree, and if that is the case, so be it.

This is Val Thrall. Over and out."

SSJHunterKiller
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:25 pm

Kiyoshi's }{G communicator beeped, and he took it from his pocket. Looking down he saw that it was a message from the bridge. After clicking the button to switch it on, the voice of one of the crewman replied.

Crewman - Kiyoshi, sir. We have a communication from the Caligo Umbra.

Eota heard the name and recognized it instantly.

Eota - That's Val's unit. Han and Base were with him before Han was injured.

Kiyoshi made a silent nod.

Crewman - It's a video message, sir.

Have it sent to the terminal in the hangar.

Kiyoshi clicked off his communicator and walked over to the nearby terminal. As he did he noticed that the Leviathan had finally been brought completely on board. Turning the terminal on, brought up the video message and watched it.

Val - Greetings Kiyoshi. We have never met and you may not have even heard my name, but I am Val Thrall of the Caligo Umbra. Two of your men, Commander Han Richards and Ensign Base Rynolds were with Zach And myself when we set up an alliance between The Defenders and the Caligo Umbra, and at the time the Defenders were allied with the L3 Defense force, which made us allies as well. It was from my base, Antioch, on the east coast of North America Nation that Commander Richards and Ensign Rynolds left for Australia. From what I have hear last, Commander Richards is in the hospital with injuries. As sad and unfortunate as that is, that isn't my reason for trying to contact you. Seeing as you are the apparent leaded of the third part of the alliance, I believe that it is vital that we meet. Now you may disagree, and if that is the case, so be it.

This is Val Thrall. Over and out.

Kiyoshi turned slight as Eota walked up to him, then looked back to the terminal.

Eota - Seems like he wants to meet.

It doesn't 'seem', it is what he wants.

Kiyoshi hit a few key commands to make a reply.

This is Kiyoshi Kazami of the }{G. Unfortunately, our leader Kaden gave his life, defeating Blace Lowe in Australia, who you may know as the man that had attacked and seriously injured Commander Han Richards. I have now taken my position as leader of the }{G, being the senior officer. I do believe that we need to meet, but it will have to wait until after we bury Kaden in Texas. We have just recovered a drop ship that formerly belonged to us in the Alaskan wilderness, and will most likely be heading to Texas soon. I will be sure to contact you once we have those matters taken care of.

Thank you for your continuing support of my friends. Kiyoshi out.

Kiyoshi sent the message then walked back over to Kaden's body. This wasn't what he wanted. He was being forced to be a leader. His primary instincts were telling him to run, and he had to ignore them. It was difficult, and he wasn't sure if he was doing a good job, but he was trying. Wasn't this what Cloud had been preparing him for years ago? To take his place as leader of the }{G?

Almost to the cue of that thought, one of the doors to the Leviathan opened up, revealing a damaged, and long out of service, Iness Hell, Cloud's Gundam. Kiyoshi turned to look at it through his sunglasses.

Is this what you wanted for me, Cloud?

He shook his head and again his attention went to the dead body in front of him.

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SSJHunterKiller on Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:42 pm

Once again, the communication link blinked, with a second and final message from Antioch.

"I wish to express my deepest sympathy for the loss of Kaden. Though I have never met or even seen Kaden, everyone that has heard of the }{-G knew that he was a great pilot and an even greater man. Though the cost was great it is slightly comforting to hear that Blace Lowe has been successfully taken out. Please, feel free to take all the time you need to take care of matters on your end. Both Commander Richards and Ensign Rynolds know the location of our base, Antioch, on the east coat of North America Nation. The location should also be with Zach and the Defenders. Good luck with everything one your end.

Val, out.
"

SSJHunterKiller
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:06 pm

Zhelir winced as one of Leviathan's bay doors opened on its own. The ice'd probably damaged the locks. That, or the plumet through the atmosphere and into the surface of the planet.

Zhelir nodded at Iness, facing the Gundam but clearly adressing Kiyoshi. "I 'magine you ought to be havin' this. You're the senior office, you've got the rank, and you need a Gundam."

He paused a moment, gazing at his demolished ship, and trying to ignore how very much like an omen it seemed. "The kid's name is Day. He wants to join up. So, I s'pose he's in your hands, now. I'm headin' to my quarters."

At that, he turned and left, gazing at the floor and resuming thoughts of revenge.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:30 pm

Kiyoshi looked over at Zhelir as he left, then over at Eota.

You take the Cygnus X-1.

Eota looked up at Kiyoshi surprised.

Eota - What!?

You piloted it first on L3, right? You brought it down from space. Granted Stacy made it for me, and I do like the design, but you need the experience. Cygnus X-1 belongs to you. We'll have to have Stacy make a second one for Base. He'll probably be jealous.

Eota smiled slightly as he thought of him and his best friend piloting Gundam mobile suits. Kiyoshi walked over to the Leviathan and looked over at Day. The sunglasses he wore showed Day's reflection in the lenses.

Day...welcome aboard. My name is Kiyoshi Kazami. I'm afraid I'm not very social at the moment. The loss of a friend tends to do that.

He walked closer to the Iness Hell. It was odd seeing it again.

"Become the man you're supposed to be..."

Kiyoshi narrowed his eyes as he heard a voice in his head, feeling a familiar pressure on his mind. It was Cloud's words. It had been awhile since he had heard him, and he thought that he was finally rid of the voice in the back of his head. Apparently, that wasn't true.

Turning his head back, Kiyoshi looked at Day again.

There are plenty of quarters on board. Find yourself an empty room if you wish to stay. We run things in a pretty loose setting. We will discuss what your capable of doing at a more appropriate time.

Kiyoshi looked to one of the crewman.

I want this mobile suit restored and combat ready as soon as possible.

The Crewman looked surprised as he looked at the Iness Hell. It looked to be in pretty bad condition. Not to mention the amount of time it had spent with out any regular maintenance out in the snow.

Crewman - But, sir...this thing is almost like a relic now.

I didn't ask the condition of the mobile suit. I can see it for myself. I said I wanted it restored and combat ready, asap. Understood.

The Crewman saluted quickly.

Crewman - Yes, sir.

The crewman turned to the rest of the men.

Crewman - Attention! Let's get to work! Let's get that Gundam off of the Laviathan and do a full inspection!

Kiyoshi walked back over to Eota and the body. Mia and Lori should be coming to the hangar soon. He didn't know how he was going to break the news to them.

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:25 pm

Kiyoshi made a slight sigh, deciding he had stared at the body long enough. Slowly, he turned to one of the crewman in the hangar.

I want one of the torpedo's converted to a coffin.

Crewman - Yes, sir.

Have the body cleaned and prepared to be placed into it. Then have him placed in one of his spare pilot suits. Though it is customary to send the body into the sun, since we're on earth I believe it'll be more appropriate to have him buried in Texas.

The crewman nodded, and seeing that Kiyoshi was finished giving him orders, walked off. Kiyoshi turned to look at Eota.

You should probably find yourself a room. We'll be heading to Texas soon. Then we'll go to Sigma Phi to get Han and Base.

Eota - Then what?

I will meet with Val of the Caligo Umbra. There are some matters I need to discuss with him.

Eota - Matters?

Kiyoshi simply nodded.

We don't know exactly what has happened to the followers of Blace Lowe. Nor do we know how much of an impact that man might have had on his people. Sometimes the death of a leader can push the people more than the leader ever could.

Eota - Is that true for you, as well?

No. Kaden's death is not pushing me to do anything. I'm doing what I have to do.

Eota - But you were once the leader of L3. You were naturally able to bring the people together there. You made it so most of our worries were washed away, you brought order to the chaos we were facing.

Again, I was doing what I had to do.

Eota - Then what do you want to do?

Kiyoshi started to walk off from the young pilot. He realized Eota was much more mature than he had given him credit. Looking back at Eota as he got to the door leading to the locker room.

I want to rest, Eota. All my life I've done nothing but fought. I'm ready to rest.

Eota turned to Kiyoshi and clenched his fists.

Eota - But you're a hero! You fought in the old wars alongside Cloud!

However, that's all you know. The battle Cloud and I faced along with Ten, aren't even officially recognized. It was the exploits of the }{G that came after I had left that is really known.

Kiyoshi sighed to himself as he turned his body towards Eota.

You call me a 'hero'. I'm not one. All I've ever done was what I had to do. I don't, and never have, seen killing others as some way to make me a hero. I'm nothing but a soldier.

Eota - A soldier follows orders! You've chosen your own path for most of your life!

Eota was getting frustrated with Kiyoshi.

Perhaps.

That was all Kiyoshi said before turning and walking through the door. He changed out of his pilot suit and back into his normal clothes, then made his way down the hallway. He stopped by his room for a second wondering if Lori was still in it, but he decided he had to tell Mia first. Continuing his slow trek down the hallway, he finally made it to Mia's room. Seeing that it was unlocked, Kiyoshi walked in and saw her in her room. Reaching up to slowly remove his sunglasses, Kiyoshi decided that he could not hide the pain he was feeling any longer. Sadness filled his eyes as he looked at Mia, but still feeling the need to hide his cold eyes, he looked to the ground.

Mia. There's something you should know.

Kiyoshi looked at her as he placed his sunglasses to hang on his shirt. He didn't know how to say it. He didn't know how to soften the blow. He struggled to bring the words up, but found it difficult. Finally, he spoke.

Kaden...Kaden is dead.

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lori Sakura on Fri Dec 02, 2005 12:10 am

OOC: This is late and totally out of order - I apologie profusely for my ineptness.

Her words felt caught in her throat as she just stood there. She had meant to come to tell Kiyoshi off and say goodbye but her brain had become completely numb and she wasn’t able to form a sentence. He had received that horrible message and walked out of the door.

Kiyoshi: I do mean by what I said. I will be coming back. I hope you are here when I return.

She dissolved to her knees as he left. She hugged her artistically ripped jeans and lowered her head. What the hell was wrong with her? This was ridiculous and she knew it, but... it felt so cold... and ominous... A sudden shock seemed to run through her system. She surged to her feet and ran out the door.

Lori: Neko521 lead me to the hangar.

She ran as fast as it was possible for a girl who never worked out and was wearing a pink spaghetti strap shirt. She rounded the corner and skidded to a halt to see Kiyoshi standing over a motionless Kaden.

Lori: God have mercy.

She stood in a sheltered spot where no one could see her as she listened to everything going on. As soon as Kiyoshi exited the hangar she left her hiding place - feeling stupid for having stayed there the whole time anyway - and walked quietly over to the body that they were preparing to take away. She ignored the other people around and forced herself to look at Kaden's body. She touched this forehead, chest and shoulders in the sign of the cross and knelt to pray. Calm entered and she stayed in this position.

Lori Sakura
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Fri Dec 02, 2005 1:33 am

Eota was still in the hangar after Kiyoshi had left. He unzipped his pilot suit, then noticed the girl walk over to Kaden's body. Since he was going to be here for awhile, he decided that he should be polite and introduce himself. Eota walked back over and stood a little ways away from her looking at Kaden.

Eota - I'm guessing you're either Mia or Lori. I'm Ensign Eota Mars, I'm a friend of Kiyoshi's.

Eota watched as a crew came over to take the body to be prepared for the funeral. They would convert one of the torpedo's for a casket. By removing the lithium ion cell, similar to the ones used to power some mobile suits, there is room for a body. It is customary for a warship to send the body into the sun if they are in space, but Kiyoshi had figured that it would be better to bury Kaden in his home state.

Eota - I'm sorry for everyone loss.

He went silent and lowered his head again.

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lori Sakura on Sat Dec 03, 2005 12:27 am

Eota: I'm guessing you're either Mia or Lori. I'm Ensign Eota Mars, I'm a friend of Kiyoshi's. I'm sorry for everyone loss.

Lori slowly got to her feet and turned around to see the man who was talking to her. She gave him a soft smile as she ran a hand through her newly blond hair - which she intended to change back to her preferred color as soon as possible.

Lori: Quite right, I'm Lori, or Lorelei Sakura. I'm a medical intern for Miss Mia Siserae... although not for very much longer. I intend to forgo the chase of a medical future. Did you say that you are a friend of Kiyoshi?

Lori Sakura
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Sat Dec 03, 2005 12:42 am

Eota made a nod, then sighed.

Eota - Well, I guess we're friends. He did save a lot of us from L3 awhile ago, and I did bring him his new Gundam, but he's given that to me since he's going to be piloting the Iness Hell apparantly.

Eota moved his head towards the damaged Gundam being worked on by several crew members.

Eota - Kiyoshi I think mentioned it was Cloud's, but I think Derek also piloted it. But yeah...I guess I am his friend. Though he does try to keep distant from all of us.

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mia Siserae on Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:50 am

You know....I love you....

That damn smile of his...

She knew she couldn't stop him though. He had to do what he had to do. Her glance shifting to the side for a moment, she caught sight of his long black trenchcoat sprawled out on top of the couch and could see the right pocket blinking an alerted red from his communicator. Grasping onto the collar of his forgotten jacket she called out to him.

Kaden...!! Kaden wait!! You forgot--

But he was already too far ahead. Pressing her shoulder to the wall, she stood facing him, watching his strong masculine form go on off into the distance.

Be safe...

--------

A towel wrapped around her hair, she twisted it to dry. A loose white t-shirt clung to her as it was tied lightly behind her. She was back in her cargos as she tossed the towel off into the laundry basket along with her other clothes. A light sigh escaped her crimson lips as her glance shifted back to Kaden's jacket. His communicator was still going off while she was running a brush through her hair.

An awful lot of time had already passed by and there was still no word from him.

A smile to her lips she contemplated on how she was lucky to have ended up with him. It was completely unintentional, but he had her the very day that she had crashed into him at his old office when he was still the leader of the L5 colony. He had that devilish grin even then.

As she twisted her hair up onto the back of her head, she secured it with a metal clip when she heard the door open behind her. Her heart skipped a beat as her breath caught in the back of her throat. She half-expected to find strong masculine arms wrapped around her once again…

Mia. There's something you should know.

She turned around to catch the look of despair that resided in Kiyoshi’s eyes. She knew it in her heart already—But she didn’t want him to say it. She understood now why Kiyoshi often hid is eyes from the world...they held bitter truth and painful memories.

Kaden...Kaden is dead.

She couldn’t blink for a moment as her back fell up against the wall behind her as she faced Kiyoshi. Her hands fisted, and her eyes finally closing, she brought herself to look at him again.

No…no..That…that can’t be right—

She knew he couldn’t be lying though.

That can’t…He can’t…

Her back then slid down against the wall as she hit the ground sitting. Her eyes heavily watering as she kept her gaze on him. Tears beginning to stream down her face, she covered her eyes with her arms, resting her elbows on her knees. It was like Excalibur itself was at that instant plunged into her very heart, and was to never free herself of pain ever again.

She tugged his long black trench coat from the couch adjacent to her into her arms, hugging it tight while pressing it up against her heart as her tears began to trickle down upon it. His voice still echoed in her ears as she remembers the very last thing he said to her…

Kaden:You know....I love you....

He didn’t even give me a chance to answer him…

She continued to latch onto his jacket, his communicator continuing to blink--calling out to its master--but never again...

Never again...

Mia Siserae
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:35 am

Kiyoshi stood there not sure how to react. He wasn't one to be comforted when he felt the pain from death, so he didn't know how to comfort someone in that way.

I'm sorry that I had to tell you.

Seeing Mia in this state brought back the sense of pain he felt when he had first found Kaden's body. Tears filled his eyes, but he managed to hold them back. He put back on his sunglasses.

I will be searching his room for any indication of where he would have wanted to be buried. Then his room will be permanently sealed. I think it is only right for the third man to lead the }{G to continue to have his quarters.

Kiyoshi sighed realizing his words weren't comforting at all.

I understand your pain. Just be glad that what the two of you felt wasn't some made up fantasy. When Fiona was...killed...even though I knew the truth, I still felt love for her.

Kiyoshi shook his head.

Just try not to make the same mistakes I have. If you need someone to talk to, I'm here and there's also Lori. We'll be heading to Texas soon. Then Sigma Phi to pick up Commander Richards and Ensign Rynolds. I will then meet with Val of the Caligo Umbra. This war isn't over.

Kiyoshi clenched his fists.

I'm not going to let Kaden's death be in vain.

Kiyoshi let out a deep breath then unclenched his hands. He walked up to Mia and put his hand on her shoulder.

If I can be a testament to anything, it is that life goes on even through pain and sorrow. Though it may seem like suffering, it is life.

He turned and walked out of the room. He walked to Kaden's room, when the door open he walked in and flicked on the light. Looking around, Kaden's room wasn't much different from his own, a bit less tidy, but still similar. Kiyoshi saw Kaden's trademark cowboy hat and walked over to it, picked it up and inspected it. Inside the brim there was a small note that told if the wearer died, for his body to be taken to the coordinates listed. He noticed that the coordinates were somewhere in Texas. At least he had gotten that right, Kiyoshi thought.

After sending the coordinates to the bridge, Kiyoshi flipped the lights, and walked out of Kaden's room. The door slid closed behind him, and inputting a code into the nearby keypad, Kiyoshi sealed the room permanently. Only someone with the rank of Captain could unlock this room, either that or be a damn good lock pick. He began his long trek down the halls of the Pegasus thinking.

He wanted someone to talk to. Seeing Mia in her state of sorrow and loss had brought back the thoughts of Fiona Fre. After all these years he still had not let go, and yet, there was one person who brought to his soul, similar feelings. He didn't understand them, nor was he sure that he wanted to. He had been foolish once before, and it left his heart bruised and scarred. Damage that up to now seemed unrepairable. But he had felt some repair, ever since he first smiled at Lori.

Kiyoshi stopped at his room and found that Lori wasn't there. He had told her so much about himself already, that he thought she'd be a good candidate to talk to now. Sighing, Kiyoshi made his way towards the hangar. There was now an old }{G symbol there. One that he hadn't thought he would see ever again. The Iness Hell was recovered at a good time. The Gundam suit, formerly used by leaders of the }{G would probably be some kind of boost of moral, if it was in the right hands. He doubted if his own were.

Cloud had been probably the most influential man on his life. Not only had he given him his first pair of sunglasses, but he had given him a home here on the Pegasus, made him an }{G, and gave him training beyond what he had experienced through his early life. Now for him to pilot Cloud's old Gundam, he would have to put himself on the same level as his mentor. This was something Kiyoshi was unwilling to do.

When he walked into the Hangar, the Iness Hell stood before him, armor removed in several area's, technicians scrambling to work on it, sparks flying from the equipment being used. Continuing his gaze through the Hangar, he saw Eota and Lori. Kiyoshi walked up to the two of them. Kaden's body was gone, he guessed the crew was preparing it for the funeral. He looked over at Lori and finally spoke.

I see you already know about Kaden.

Kiyoshi looked over at Eota.

I think you should find your own quarters now. Well be arriving in Texas soon.

Eota nodded.

Eota - Well it was nice meeting you, Ms. Lori.

Eota then left the two of them. Kiyoshi took off his sunglasses once Eota was through the door leaving the hangar. He didn't feel he had to hide his pain and sadness from Lori.

I've already told Mia. It was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do.

Kiyoshi turned to look at the Iness Hell.

If I was Cloud...or even Kaden...I could have probably thought of something...anything...that would have brought some comfort to her, but I don't even know how to comfort myself. All I've ever done is run from my pain. I want to run from all of this. I've been tired of death for a long time now. I left the }{G to get away from this, but I should have known I could never escape it. Now...now I'm having to be the leader of the }{G. Just like Cloud wanted. My code name was "Future", because that's what he saw me as. Hmph...the future. It's an odd name and idea for someone who is unable to let go of his own past.

Kiyoshi went silent looking up into the eyes of the Iness Hell.

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 13 years

Next

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.