Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Almost an Allegory

Almost an Allegory (OOC)

a part of “Almost an Allegory”, a fictional universe by Circ.

This RP is about writing what you feel, but abstracting it out into a story so that you are no longer enslaved by those feelings, and doing so in a way that is consistent with what has come before in the representation of other people's emotions, that is,

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Almost an Allegory”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Almost an Allegory (OOC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Astral Weave on Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:33 am

Well, My last role playing site was run by a friend, who now has many things in her life that distract from role playing. Her support was the soul of this site, and now it is down the drain. So I went to trusty Google, typed in a few keywords, and Presto! Up came this site. I found this role play after stalking some of Circ's other posts. I decided it was interesting, and the rest is history.

As for my prorogued, actually still unfinished, post, I haven't written in a while and I can't find the inspiration I need. Even though all of your posts are magnificent examples.
I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing.
~Socrates

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Astral Weave
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alyxium on Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:09 pm

I'm sorry my post is so long and bloated ._. I've become pretty fed up with rewriting and trimming it, so, before my perfectionism stalls me for another few days, I decided to just post it as is.

But I shall endevour to learn the subtleties of brevity, so no-one has to swim through so much text next time I post. :D

Once again though; any critique is welcomed!

Also:
I hope inspiration catches you soon Astral. I'd send you some of mine but I'm not entirely sure where it's kept =D

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Alyxium
Member for 16 years
Author Conversationalist Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Circ on Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:23 pm

Stalking me? What?!
conditio sine qua non

Circ
Member for 18 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Astral Weave on Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:04 pm

Hehe, No. Don't flatter yourself. I meant that I looked into quite a few of your posts because your writing interested me. I hope that doesn't scare you.

Thanks for the offer, Diama, but I'm sure it'll come to me soon enough. I think I'm just a little fed up with my sometimes cliché style.

Astral Weave
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Circ on Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:13 pm

Ah. Okay. *Sweatdrops.*

Circ
Member for 18 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Circ on Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:12 pm

Dovey and Astral, I look forward to your posts. As for all of us, as a group, I would like some ideas for where we can take this story. It is, after all, a story and not merely the thesis of people writing what they feel, for, if we left it at just that, it would descend into self-aggrandizement and hardly be inspirational.

I want to hear your ideas for this before I post my own, as I will be making an effort to synthesize them. A summation of important facts about the characters may also be helpful. You know, things that drive their behavior. That way, we can more-easily play off each other's posts.

As this is Almost an allegory, I think we should take an issue (murder?!), be it moral, political, or otherwise, and re-write it in a way that deals with the issue in a different light that will, hopefully, cause people to think on it differently.

I look forward to your feedback!

Thanks,
Circ

Circ
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dovey on Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:44 pm

Oh yay. I was kind of hoping someone would bring this up.

My idea isn't much of a stretch, but maybe we can create a plot around technology and relationships. Despite all kinds of communication technologies, people are still disconnected, you know, something like that. Maybe in the real world, the characters all know each other, and in the fantasy world their lives are revealed to each other in metaphor and all that allegorical stuff.

I like the idea of the murder or death in general, maybe a death of someone who had been part of the characters' lives to bring them together.

This is starting to sound like a bad Crash or anything-Hugh-Grant movie screenplay. I'll stop now, haha.
Love,
Dovelina Ophelia Vitriana Emmeline Yvesson IV

Dovey
Member for 18 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Astral Weave on Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:55 pm

I think I'm dragging this out a bit to long. I will just take whatever I've written, finish it, and then post it. I'm sure it can't be that bad.

Astral Weave
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dovey on Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:46 pm

It's all good. Take your time, yo.

Dovey
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dovey on Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:29 pm

*Poke.*

Um... anyone still doing this?

I have a super-awesome idea that could take this RPG to the next level... like, it will stretch the "allegorical" part to the max. I mean, I've been wanting to do this idea for a long time, and I think this RPG would be the perfect vehicle to implement it.

If no one answers, I will be extremely sad. Like, rivaling-chronically-depressed-Sod sad.

Dovey
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Circ on Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:40 pm

I intend to pursue this. And I received a PM from Diama (now Alyxium) expressing their thoughts. I was hoping we could get together on IRC and discuss it further, although that may be difficult to arrange. But I'll be posting this weekend at the latest. I promise!

As for Astral Weave, s/he said s/he was working on a post, but I haven't seen anything come to fruition just yet. Hopefully soon?

Circ
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dovey on Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:59 pm

I'm always online, so I can probably schedule around you all. What else do we need to discuss?

Astral, I take back what I said about taking your time. IT IS TIME TO POST AND THE TIME IS NOW.

Dovey
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Astral Weave on Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:24 pm

I'm still very interested, damn annoyed at my own lethargy, and still trying to hammer out a self-respectable post. The post in question is still very nascent, so please continue without me until I can manage to post it; this role play is too good for a hiatus.

As for the ideas I find them fascinating, especially since I just finished reading a book called Epic, which deals with exactly the same universe as is proposed.

And Circ, I am a guy. I know the picture is a little androgynous, but it says exactly so in my profile. :D

EDIT: Dovey posted before the ink could dry, proverbially, on this post. SWEET JESUS! I'm suffering from a (not so) rare and debilitating disease known as Writers block. :P

Ok, OK. The post will be made soon. But nothing is guaranteed other than my effort.

Astral Weave
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dovey on Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:15 pm

That's okay, Astral! The time will come when you can yell at me for not posting for unannounced prolonged intervals. Anyway, glad you're still alive :p

Dovey
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Astral Weave on Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:57 pm

Well, It wasn't planned. Though I understand the frustration. I was looking around, and another writer had posted something about how to start writing. It helped me, and I'm off to a good start. Hopefully finished by tonight or tomorrow.

Astral Weave
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Astral Weave on Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:43 pm

Ok, I have five different intros written. Not working too well. Just go ahead and go on without me. I will jump in later.
Last edited by Astral Weave on Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Astral Weave
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dovey on Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:56 pm

Haha, it's okay, Astral.

I'm sure you don't need help, but if you need someone to post something introducing your character, like--for lack of a better example--"<my character> spies <your character> in the distance" or having them acquainted with each other or some other scenario, I'd be glad to do it by incorporating your character into my next post.

If you're interested, just shoot me a PM with any specifics on your character, and I'll see what I can work out.

Dovey
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vexar on Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:50 pm

I've posted.. I hope I did it correctly v.v;

Vexar
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Person of Interest Beta Tester Tipworthy Streamwatcher Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:50 pm

Hello all,

I am looking forward to joining this role-play Circ has created. I am still a little wibbly-wobbly on the format but I will work on a post and put it up in the next day or two.

Skall
The writer who cares more about words than about characters, action, setting, atmosphere is unlikely to create a vivid and continuous dream; he gets in his own way too much; in his poetic drunkenness, he can't tell the cart- and its cargo- from the horse.
John Gardner

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Contributor Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vexar on Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:31 am

Rawk on Skall, glad to have you with us. I'm still learning as well v.v;

Vexar
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Person of Interest Beta Tester Tipworthy Streamwatcher Lifegiver

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!